Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #121
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Mary, I am incredibly sorry to read about your precious Faith. I am so thankful she had you to be her wonderful family, I know you will love and miss her forever. I am also thankful you were able to say goodbye.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #122
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am so sorry Mary!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #124
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your puppy It is always so hard when we lose our pets. **Big hugs**
Old 10-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #125
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Sounds like a great day you have planned
We're really looking forward to the Christmas party this year .... Mmm, hot cocoa and cookies
I can't wait to do the Christmas Party again...we had so much fun last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
My only real regret for our trip is that our dates don't include any party dates, it will be done by then. It looks like so much fun! I'd love to do it just once.

Everything looks great so far guys!
I'm sorry you are going to miss the party. When is the last day for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
for party night! we can't wait to experience it! just let me know time and place for the epic DISmeet!

Will do.

our magic bands came today, one step closer to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I get the sense that you do not have a lot of appreciation for the new MB system.

As of now, I don't. They really need to make sure things are going to go smoothly before they roll something out. Just too many issues.

I think it has some ways to go before a. it works the way Disney wants it to and b. we all get use to it.

I agree.

last month it pretty much worked for me as the way it was intended. EXCEPT I only was able to make use of just one fp+ time. I know we are all planners here... but when one time is right after another it makes it hard if you get off schedule. Now, I know... I could have changed my times. Had I been at the start of my trip using it rather than the last two days... maybe I would have. I did miss being able to pass off my unused fast passes to someone who could use them though.... that is something I just think is going to be lost with this new system.

See that's what I'm afraid of; we won't use them all and then we miss out on others.

Looks like a nice day though! Especially ending it with the party.
I am not sure if the girls have ever done the party (Mary, you'll have to let me know if this is a first), but I am sure look forwarding to it as is Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Kathy, I hate to hi-jack your thread but I can't help myself... I'm just too excited. :dance r: O.K. You get the point.

Guess what came in the mail today!!!

Just one guess.

I know you guessed correctly...

Not to mention I have been sitting on these bad boys for a few months.

Sorry Kathy, Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
So exciting, Bob. I know how long you've been waiting for this and to get back to Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Still doing baseball and I can't wait for the season to be over. My granddaughter missed most of her fall season with a hospitalization and adjusting to meds. She had a blocked colon and it was a bad couple of weeks. Think she'll need something special too and that means I can't leave her brother out. Then I'll feel guilty with the other grandkids so of course I'll have to get them something. I can see this trip getting expensive. My grandson should be done tomorrow. This is the first time in 9 years he has hated playing. He had a horrible coach, and I mean really horrible. I sometimes think coaches shouldn't be allowed to have their own kids on the team.

Is your granddaughter doing better? You'll be doing a lot of shopping, I see. Yes, I have to agree with you...sometimes dads should NOT be coaches of their own kids.

I have never eaten at the Plaza in all my trips. Is it good?
Yes, it is good. We eat a lot of big meals at Disney (Yachtsman, Boma, etc). and it is a nice place for sandwiches and burgers after all those big meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Your past party days look fun. I hope it is magical for you! I am sure it will get you in the mood for a festive holiday.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #126
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

My granddaughter is doing much better thanks. Even missing 3 weeks of school she is all caught up. She will need to have follow ups for 6 months to try and prevent a further blockage and try and find out what is causing the issue but she is back to my happy girl.

I found out today that the director of baseball is not letting the coach my grandson had coach next year. They want to win and seeing how badly he handled the team in the playoff game causing a loss was enough.

I may have to see if I can get the plaza for lunch this trip. We have a couple of days that will be all counter service so this might be a nice change. If not there is always the next trip. Yet another reason to go back.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #127
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Your past party days look fun. I hope it is magical for you! I am sure it will get you in the mood for a festive holiday.
Thanks, Judy. As much as I loved the Halloween Party, you can't beat the Christmas Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I love the day you have planned!

Thanks, Karin.

The Christmas Party is so much fun. Make sure you have a cookie for me.
I am sure I'll have a few cookies for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
Yum!! I am definitely gonna have to plan a trip during the holidays.....maybe 2016?
Have you never been? We hadn't until last year and it is now my favorite time of the year to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I'm excited to see photos of your past party! It is a little teaser for what is to come.

You aren't going the night we are, are you?

Bob's post made me think.. hey we pre-purchased our MVMCP tickets months ago and the only option when I purchased was will call. Not sure why they couldn't mail them to me because it would be a time saver not to stand in another line to pick up our tickets. Maybe I need to contact Disney and ask nicely. I'd be willing to pay for them to send them to me.

I printed out my tickets at home. Didn't they offer you that?

Back to your plans.... YES, get dessert at Plaza restaurant and then party all night!
It will be a fun night, I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
I think you left out the part about meeting my little family! Don't think I will be waiting too many days to bump into you!!!

I told you I was getting old! This will be one of the top highlights of the night...I can't wait to meet your sweet family.

I do think that the next trip, most likely when the kids are 26 and 27, I want to eat at the Plaza. Your TR have my mouth watering... and here you are eating there again!
We try to eat there every trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Your party plans look AWESOME . I wish we were doing the party on the same night. I picked the 5th because I didn't want to be too tired from our trip down; that was when we were going to drive down on the 2nd. Now we are going to drive down on the 1st, possibly Nov. 30th.

Anyway, we need to set up a time to meet!
Yes, Dana, we have to set a meet up. I wish you were going to the party the same night as us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I love MVMCP! I can't wait to see all your photos!
Thanks, Queen. I really love MVMCP with the fireworks, parade, cocoa and cookies.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #128
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
My granddaughter is doing much better thanks. Even missing 3 weeks of school she is all caught up. She will need to have follow ups for 6 months to try and prevent a further blockage and try and find out what is causing the issue but she is back to my happy girl.

I found out today that the director of baseball is not letting the coach my grandson had coach next year. They want to win and seeing how badly he handled the team in the playoff game causing a loss was enough.

I may have to see if I can get the plaza for lunch this trip. We have a couple of days that will be all counter service so this might be a nice change. If not there is always the next trip. Yet another reason to go back.
I am glad to hear she is doing better. I hope they figure out what is causing the situation.

If you can get an ADR for Plaza...do it; I promise you won't regret it. Just save room for dessert.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #129
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Wednesday, December 4

We will be headed here:

I am very excited about this as we missed it on Mark's surprise 60th trip last year with Todd, Nicki, Andy and Des (although Andy and Des did go the day we left).

I'm not sure what time we'll arrive after our long night at the party the night before, but I do know that we will be there in time for our first Fastpass+ for:

To see some of these:

We have a very early lunch. For the first time since 2008 when they opened, Mark and I will be eating at Yak & Yeti. Mary and the girls will, of course, be with us and they are very excited to eat there again.

Not sure what order we will go in to do things, but we have Fastpass+ for

Avery will be doing this with me for the first time.

And we have a fasptass+ for

Mark, Cayley and Avery will be doing this without Mary and me. Hope the Yeti doesn't get them and they come back.

I am sure we will do some shows, Primevil Hurl (I mean Whirl) which I promised the girls I would do with them and we definitely want to see the Jingle Jungle Parade.

We also will be meeting up with Lisa and Megan this day (mommy2mrb) to do some rides and such.

After the parade, we will be heading to Animal Kingdom Lodge where Mary and the girls are staying this part of the trip. The girls will be going to Simba's Club and Mary, Mark and I will be dining at Jiko; it's a first for Mark and I (I'm not sure about Mary).

At this point, we have no evening plans. Maybe some miniature golf with the girls since we'll have a car? Or just an early evening for a long day the next day. I guess we will play that by ear.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #130
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Mary and Kathy, I am so sorry that both of you have lost someone so dear to you.

Yay for AK day. I am not sure why, but I really do love that park. Maybe because it isn't so "go go go" I mean, there isn't that many rides/attractions. Not to mention I love animals.

Jiko sounds like it will be a great "adult only" meal. Just curious... how late does Simba's club remain open?
Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #131
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Kathy I'm also vowing that I'll never do multiple TR's again at the same time. I don't know how that's going to work out for me.

I love having a car in the World, so I completely understand renting one. I absolutely hate the bus service at most DVC resorts.

Mary, I have to say that homeschooling is an excellent option. I was actually homeschooled from the age of 9 through all of high school. When I was older, it was more my choice, and I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything. And contrary to what people think (that it's some kind of sub par education), I couldn't disagree more. I had a 3.7 GPA all through college, have a Bachelor's in Business, a Master's in Accounting, work as a Supervisor in Accounting, and am studying for the CPA exam. Sub par! Pfffttt...

Sorry had to just jump on that bandwagon, because I think it's commendable. My mom did so much for us through homeschooling.

Mary I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby, Faith. It's so hard to say goodbye to the pets that are part of our family.

Great plans for the days so far.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #132
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Life Update Loss mentioned

Sad news in our house today. Our 13 yr old black lab Faith could not get up this morning. She was ok yesterday. Took her to the emergency vet and found out she was in renal failure coupled with a massive infection. Made the devastating decision to end her suffering Everyone got a chance to say good bye and and we found comfort in the fact that it was quick. We are going to miss her and our 4 yr old yellow rescue lab is wandering around looking for her
Mary: I am so very sorry. Thinking of you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

We have a very early lunch. For the first time since 2008 when they opened, Mark and I will be eating at Yak & Yeti. Mary and the girls will, of course, be with us and they are very excited to eat there again.
One of my favorites! Yum!

Quote:
We also will be meeting up with Lisa and Megan this day (mommy2mrb) to do some rides and such.
That's so awesome! A pre-planned Dismeet! I've seen Lisa on many of the TR threads so by way of you I want to say hi!

Quote:
After the parade, we will be heading to Animal Kingdom Lodge where Mary and the girls are staying this part of the trip. The girls will be going to Simba's Club and Mary, Mark and I will be dining at Jiko; it's a first for Mark and I (I'm not sure about Mary).
I'm glad to see you trying Jiko. I hope you enjoy your meal!

To answer your earlier question: We don't arrive until the 5th so we don't go to the MVMCP until the 10th. I need to contact Disney to print our my tickets because they didn't give that option.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #133
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Finally made it over and I am caught up!!!!

Mary - so sorry to hear about Faith. I am a member of that club too. It is so hard to lose a pet suddenly. I lost one that way and the other was much slower- neither are easy.

Great plans. Some day I will make to the MVMCP.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 10-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #134
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the sweet words about Faith. it is very strange not to have her here. We have been to MVMCP once before. It was FREEZING-below 32 degrees. I had to buy blankets to wrap the girls in because i really wanted them to see the snow on Main Street. I have never been to Jiko. Simba's is open pretty late-midnight on the weekends.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #135
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:

I have never been to Jiko either and will be doing so on our upcoming trip. If we love it I'll be certain to tell you all about it at the MVMCP, if I don't, well... I just won't say anything. I'm sure it's going to be a great experience though.

At this point, we have no evening plans. Maybe some miniature golf with the girls since we'll have a car? Or just an early evening for a long day the next day. I guess we will play that by ear.
I showed your pictures of the miniature golf course to Carolyn when you posted them, she said we will have to find the time to do a round. I'm hoping to find the time for this trip, if not then certainly in June.

As for the AK; our first couple of times at WDW this park was not one of our favorites even though EE is our favorite attraction. But with time I have grown to love the AK and just take my time to appreciate all that this park truly offers.

Also with Yak & Yeti. I'm still really pondering switching to this restaurant on our AK day. As of right now we are going to the AK on Sunday, Dec 1st, and will be doing lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and then dinner at Jiko. But I am waivering a bit on the Rainforest.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: