Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #91
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

No, you were booked at CSR, but couldn't bring yourself to do it and moved to WL. Can you imagine the cocktail meets we could have had if we'd all been at the same resort?

I stand corrected, we did book the CSR first; however, when we decided to switch I wanted to go with the BWI and it's location to Epcot and my DW wanted to stay near the MK because my DD(16) will be marching with her band on Dec. 2nd in the MK and we will be going to the MVMCP the next day. After 27 years of marriage I have learned to become a, "Yes dear" when it comes to these matters.

As for the cocktail meets, I would be consuming a diet beverage or ice tea since I don't do alcohol, but nevertheless it would have been fun... Who knows, we have another trip coming up in June and you just never know how many of us will be there then.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 10-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #92
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Thanks for the heads up! I'm in! Love that Cayley proposed the trip and everyone else agreed! She's very proactive.

Looks like a fantastic trip! I need to book another Christmas trip some of these days.

Jill in CO (posting from WDW!)
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #93
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hi Kathy
Sorry I am so late!
You are on page 7 already!
I shall be sure to keep on top of your pre-trippie
Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #94
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Did I do that ?

My post showed up twice and the one down below is the finished product .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING

Last edited by racefanof88; 10-24-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #95
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I made it, I made it . OK, not until page 7, but I am being fashionable late

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post

The girls go to a newly established charter school-was a small private one last year. So far this year the curriculum has completely changed, they are standardized testing them every 6 weeks and both girl's teachers have resigned due to "family emergencies" in the past week. Avery's teacher we saw coming, Cayley's was a shocker. With all the changes I have decided it is in the best interest of my girls to withdraw them from school. After much discussion and research we decided as a family we would home school. Their last day will be Oct 31st. We are very excited to begin this new journey. An also very happy not to be dragging make up work along on our 2 upcoming vacations.

On to our plans!!! Our dates are Sat Nov 30th through Sat Dec 7th. We are doing a split stay between Saratoga Springs and AKV Jambo House.
Mary, I can't believe how big the girls are getting . I guess when you don't see someone day to day it is very noticeable. Wait until you see Dallas . Anywho, congrats on the decision to homeschool. I homeschool Dallas and have from his first "school" day. I don't have to worry about what he is, or isn't, learning because it is my choice what curriculum to use. Your girls will do awesome, and you will love the flexibility.

We are doing a split stay too, but we are staying at AKV Jambo House on our first night then transferring over to SSR. I asked for a room in the Grandstand section so hopefully we will be neighbors .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 10-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #96
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I hope I see you at the party night.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #97
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm really late (I've been gone) but I'll go back and read!! Wish I was going too!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #98
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

OK caught up again. Car troubles, school trips, baseball and a dead computer put me behind.

I'll have a car this trip as we are driving down- in my van not my DH's truck. I am getting the trans rebuilt next week so my van (which gets BETTER gas mileage) will be good to go. I don't think we will use it to get to the parks as I have to rent an ECV. Tore my ankle up last year and am looking at surgery in February most likely.

We are doing the party on the 3rd too. Looks like a few of us will be there. Sadly when I booked the trip I wasn't thinking and that is my granddaughters 5th birthday. BAD grandmom. She has been trying to con me into taking her and I would love to but I don't think her mom would like it. I'll just need t get her something special while we are there.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #99
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Hi Kathy. Can't stop in and not say hi.

Mary, BEST decison to homeschool! You and your girls will be so happy. We have done it all (public, private, charter, homeschool and a combination of who is home and who isn't) depending on the season of the children's life and what they needed...homeschool is my favorite, hands down. I KNOW your daughters are thrilled.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #100
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

So far it looks like a great trip for all of you! So cute that Cayley got it going! She is a little spitfire! And I mean that in a good way!

We had the pleasure of meeting Mary and the girls last October and Cayley was the one I noticed first (of course I knew to be looking for a purple cast on her arm). The girls became fast friends with my girls and it was an awesome MNSSHP night!

I am sure those girls will have Mark wrapped around their little fingers in no time (if they don't already!).
Old 10-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #101
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Alright! My boys looked good last night! Did you watch the pre-game? I was in tears. I have skillfully avoided Marathon coverage, and just lost it last night. So many people I know here were involved in that. So the way you feel about the Cards is how I feel about the Yankees! I have been to Wrigley with my dad. It is a beautiful stadium.
Well, they didn't win last night, but they are doing just fine. I love Wrigley Field. Our oldest son has been to both Fenway and the stadium in New York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I stand corrected, we did book the CSR first; however, when we decided to switch I wanted to go with the BWI and it's location to Epcot and my DW wanted to stay near the MK because my DD(16) will be marching with her band on Dec. 2nd in the MK and we will be going to the MVMCP the next day. After 27 years of marriage I have learned to become a, "Yes dear" when it comes to these matters.

You are a very, very wise man, Bob.

As for the cocktail meets, I would be consuming a diet beverage or ice tea since I don't do alcohol, but nevertheless it would have been fun... Who knows, we have another trip coming up in June and you just never know how many of us will be there then.
Cocktails, soda, water, whatever...it would have been fun. And I'm sure I'll see you in May/June as well (if our dates don't change).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'm in! Love that Cayley proposed the trip and everyone else agreed! She's very proactive.

Gotta love that girl!

Looks like a fantastic trip! I need to book another Christmas trip some of these days.

Jill in CO (posting from WDW!)
I can't believe you were posting from WDW. I really think Christmas is now my favorite time of the year to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hi Kathy
Sorry I am so late!
You are on page 7 already!
I shall be sure to keep on top of your pre-trippie
Linda's here; we are thrilled to have you with us again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Did I do that ?

My post showed up twice and the one down below is the finished product .
It happens to the best of us, Dana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
I made it, I made it . OK, not until page 7, but I am being fashionable late
Fashionably late is better than not being here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I hope I see you at the party night.
Once I get through the rest of the PTR, we'll see when most of us are available. Right now, it looks like planning something on party night is the way to go.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #102
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I'm really late (I've been gone) but I'll go back and read!! Wish I was going too!
Sheree; thank you for being here (I hope you had a good time on your trip).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
OK caught up again. Car troubles, school trips, baseball and a dead computer put me behind.

Are you still doing baseball? Mark finished up two weekends ago (thank the Lord as it's getting mighty cold here).

I'll have a car this trip as we are driving down- in my van not my DH's truck. I am getting the trans rebuilt next week so my van (which gets BETTER gas mileage) will be good to go. I don't think we will use it to get to the parks as I have to rent an ECV. Tore my ankle up last year and am looking at surgery in February most likely.

Sorry to hear that you are going to need surgery.

We are doing the party on the 3rd too. Looks like a few of us will be there. Sadly when I booked the trip I wasn't thinking and that is my granddaughters 5th birthday. BAD grandmom. She has been trying to con me into taking her and I would love to but I don't think her mom would like it. I'll just need t get her something special while we are there.
There will be alot of us there. You are not a bad grandmom; I'm sure you will be coming home with something very special for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Hi Kathy. Can't stop in and not say hi.

Judy.

Mary, BEST decison to homeschool! You and your girls will be so happy. We have done it all (public, private, charter, homeschool and a combination of who is home and who isn't) depending on the season of the children's life and what they needed...homeschool is my favorite, hands down. I KNOW your daughters are thrilled.
I told Mary I think she made the right decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
So far it looks like a great trip for all of you! So cute that Cayley got it going! She is a little spitfire! And I mean that in a good way!

She most certainly is. We call them "urchins" in a good way too.

We had the pleasure of meeting Mary and the girls last October and Cayley was the one I noticed first (of course I knew to be looking for a purple cast on her arm). The girls became fast friends with my girls and it was an awesome MNSSHP night!

It's so great meeting DIS friends.

I am sure those girls will have Mark wrapped around their little fingers in no time (if they don't already!).
Trust me, they had him wrapped around their fingers the first time we met them back in 2010. He is in for a rude awakening, however. He has NOT seen them since September 2011 so he will be floored when he sees how big they have gotten.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #103
KatMark
DIS Veteran

December 3 (Continued)

So I left off with Mark and I going to DTD and getting our renewed AP's (and hoping that our FP+ selections are on our MB's with the total screwed up system that Disney has) and are headed off to the MK to meet Mary, Cayley and Avery.

I'm not sure if we'll have time or not before our ADR to do a few rides...I am hoping we will.

We do have a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain from 2:15 to 3:15 which I hope we can use (or change once we get there).

Then we have lunch at:

I'm sure Mark and I will be starving so we should have plenty of room for dessert.

Then we have Fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear and right after that Space Mountain. Now Mark won't do Space Mountain because it is too jerky since his neck surgery and I don't normally do it. But I'd do anything for those two little girls, so I'll be riding Space Mountain with them (Mr. Mark gets to do EE and Rock & Roll with them).

After that, it's:

I'm thinking by now the girls will have adjusted to the time difference and we will be able to stay the entire night until closing.

We will do lots of rides, the parade, the fireworks, cookies and hot cocoa, maybe the girls will want to do the dance party, see some characters, etc.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #104
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Sounds like a great day you have planned
We're really looking forward to the Christmas party this year .... Mmm, hot cocoa and cookies
Old 10-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #105
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

My only real regret for our trip is that our dates don't include any party dates, it will be done by then. It looks like so much fun! I'd love to do it just once.

Mary, good for you for making that decision, I can only imagine how hard that must have been. I wish you the best of luck, I am always in awe of parents who can do that. The girls are at a wonderful age for it..

Everything looks great so far guys!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: