Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #61
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Mary: Thank you for the intro and for sharing the adorable photos of the girls. Being a competitive gymnast so many years ago, I still love to follow the sport and cheer on the young athletes.

Kathy: How great that you can get to Orlando before noon. I think the earliest I can ever get there is around 4pm. Darn.

Sure hope that rental car has plenty of passenger room.

Please don't mistake us for stalkers, we'll be staying at the BW as well. You staying villas or inn?

You know I'm interested in ALL of your plans. Too bad we won't be there earlier.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #62
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Howdy, Ms. Kat!!

I finally got my hiney over here. I kept meaning to but just couldn't find enough time to get over here after tending to my own TR and all my mom's stuff of late.

I just got home from taking my mom to an appt. today, yes your reading right, they seem to turn into all day affairs, <long heavy sigh>.

I decided I needed some down time and came on the Dis to relax and catch up a little. To be honest, you can thank Brenda for me finally getting over here, I had seen she had last posted on here and it reminded me to high-tail it over here. Thank you Brenda, I needed the reminder.

Looks like your trip is starting off right, a cute, blonde girl (Mr. Mark must have a thing for blondes tugging on his heart strings) batting her eyes over the phone to Mr. Mark and the trip is on!! Way to go Cayley!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #63
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Bob, I wonder why you are here? Seriously, I am looking forward to finally meeting you.

Kathy, why am I here? I, like many on the DIS are big KatMark fans. The feeling is mutual, finally after four years on the DIS our paths will cross.

Up next, lunch and who want's to party?
I'm up for a party!!! As Eddie Money would sing, "I've got two tickets to paradise." Literally I do, I have two for MVMCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
We are doing the mvmcp on Dec. 3 also. We will be at Mk at 4 and have an Dar at LTT at 5:30 so maybe we can meet up that night?
We also are going to be at the MVMCP on December 3rd. As for ADR's I thought about staying in the MK and doing LTT but I managed to get an ADR for the Cali Grill at 5:00 pm and took it. Unfortuantely Disney called me last week to inform me that it would be closed on that date and wanted to switch us for another date. The cast member was having a hard time understanding that open ADR's on the 3rd with MVMCP in the MK area were not all that readily available. After a whole lot of me convincing her they are inconveniencing me this late in the game she finally managed to switch my existing ADR at the Cali Grill for Dec. 2nd and take my Citricos ADR from the 2nd and move it to the 3rd at 5:30 even though it was booked solid. She did this after putting me on hold and calling Citricos herself and explaining my situation they put me in. Glad it all worked out and we will scarf our meals down and head over the party ASAP. Who knows, perhaps all of our paths may cross that evening.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs

Last edited by goofy4prez; 10-23-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #64
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Please don't mistake us for stalkers, we'll be staying at the BW as well. You staying villas or inn?

You know I'm interested in ALL of your plans. Too bad we won't be there earlier.
Brenda, funny you would say that about stalking; we almost booked the BWI ourselves but just couldn't pass up the WL during Christmas. If only we would have been arriving a few days later we sure could have had a real good DIS meet with several of us.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 10-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #65
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Followed you over from Tammy's PTR. It must be so much fun getting to go to WDW with girlfriends!!! We will be at MK on the 3rd as well and going to the MVMCP. Can't wait to read about your plans.

Tracy aka mrsksomeday
Old 10-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #66
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Looks like your first day will be full of fun... and you haven't even gotten to the details! I'll be back for an update!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #67
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

yay for arriving early in the day! got you beat though, we arrive at 615am! yup taking the red-eye, can't miss out on a park day

wow looks likes there a quite a few of us doing MVMCP on the 3rd! sounds a a chance for a big DISmeet! we will be in the parks starting at 4 after doing tea at the Grand FL.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #68
rdkeim
Mouseketeer

Another trip I've followed your TR's for quite some time. I'll be looking forward to reading how your trip goes - we'll also be there Dec. 5-10. So excited

Rene'
Old 10-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #69
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on your Boardwalk stay.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #71
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am sure we still stop at Starbucks at the airport
I wouldn't expect anything less.

I hope your flight and rental counter experience go flawlessly. Don't want to waste any valuable Disney time!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #72
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Shocking.. You? Starbucks?? NO WAY! Priorities.. is Disney... jobs? bills? screw it.. go to Disney.

Mary awesome intro. your girls are really adorable! I'm so excited for you all to be together again!!!

PLEASE post lots of pictures of the boardwalk!!!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #73
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the compliments on the girls. They are pretty amazing

A life update before I post our plans for before Mark and Kathy arrive

The girls go to a newly established charter school-was a small private one last year. So far this year the curriculum has completely changed, they are standardized testing them every 6 weeks and both girl's teachers have resigned due to "family emergencies" in the past week. Avery's teacher we saw coming, Cayley's was a shocker. With all the changes I have decided it is in the best interest of my girls to withdraw them from school. After much discussion and research we decided as a family we would home school. Their last day will be Oct 31st. We are very excited to begin this new journey. An also very happy not to be dragging make up work along on our 2 upcoming vacations.

On to our plans!!! Our dates are Sat Nov 30th through Sat Dec 7th. We are doing a split stay between Saratoga Springs and AKV Jambo House. We still have our DVC Prem Passes and are getting the dining plan-next time we go Avery will be 10 and I AM NOT paying for her as an adult. Heck she can't finish a kids meal.

Sat Nov 30th

We will fly from Phx (ouch those tickets were so expensive this time around) at around 10a. We land in Orlando just after 4p. Where did the day go? LOL. We will take ME to Saratoga Springs for four nights. I am hoping for either Grandstand or Springs.After we check in we will either go to DTD or stay at the hotel to eat and swim. I will try and get the ladies to bed at a decent time to start the switch from west coast to east coast time.

Sun Dec 1

We will get up around 730a. We have a 9a reservation at the Grand Flo Cafe. We will then head to MK. I made some fp+ reservations for Splash, Big Thunder and Enchanted Tales with Belle. We will hang out at MK until early aft and then head to Epcot. We have a dinner res at San Angel Inn-have to get that mexican food before KATMARK gets there. We will hang out at Epcot for awhile then head back.

Mon Dec 2

This is our AK day. It will be so nice to hang out there when it is not a million degrees. We will spend time at Rafiki's-Avery loves to watch the vet in action. We have fp for the Safari, and FOTLK. Girls love this show especially the tumble monkey's We found out in June that one of them is a former Gold Medalist in gymnastics. We then have 515p dinner at The Wave. After we may head to MK for emh.

Tues Dec 3

This am I think we are going to try check out Disney Quest. Or do some shopping at DTD. We will grab some snacks at some point and then head to MK to meet up with Kathy and Mark!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #74
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Thanks for all the compliments on the girls. They are pretty amazing

The girls go to a newly established charter school-was a small private one last year. So far this year the curriculum has completely changed, they are standardized testing them every 6 weeks and both girl's teachers have resigned due to "family emergencies" in the past week. Avery's teacher we saw coming, Cayley's was a shocker. With all the changes I have decided it is in the best interest of my girls to withdraw them from school. After much discussion and research we decided as a family we would home school. Their last day will be Oct 31st. We are very excited to begin this new journey. An also very happy not to be dragging make up work along on our 2 upcoming vacations.

I have to say, Disney is so much easier when you home school! LOL! This is our fist year having both kids back in public school in such a long time...I feel lost all day! My older DD is going into high school next year in all honors classes, so I was sunk! My younger DS is a special needs child and we had reached the limit of my ability to help him... so public school was the only option...

It really is fun!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 10-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #75
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good luck with your journey! I had one child that we had school at home. (through K-12) He did far better that way.

Quote:
Sat Nov 30th

We will fly from Phx (ouch those tickets were so expensive this time around) at around 10a. We land in Orlando just after 4p. Where did the day go? LOL. We will take ME to Saratoga Springs for four nights. I am hoping for either Grandstand or Springs.After we check in we will either go to DTD or stay at the hotel to eat and swim. I will try and get the ladies to bed at a decent time to start the switch from west coast to east coast time.
Isn't that time change just a pain? Although I do envy you leaving at 10am. Here I usually leave between 6am and 8am and STILL don't arrive until the evening.

Quote:
Sun Dec 1

We will get up around 730a. We have a 9a reservation at the Grand Flo Cafe. We will then head to MK. I made some fp+ reservations for Splash, Big Thunder and Enchanted Tales with Belle. We will hang out at MK until early aft and then head to Epcot. We have a dinner res at San Angel Inn-have to get that mexican food before KATMARK gets there. We will hang out at Epcot for awhile then head back.
Does miss Kathy not like mexican food? It is probably my favorite... yet I never get to eat it when in WDW.
Quote:
Mon Dec 2

This is our AK day. It will be so nice to hang out there when it is not a million degrees. We will spend time at Rafiki's-Avery loves to watch the vet in action. We have fp for the Safari, and FOTLK. Girls love this show especially the tumble monkey's We found out in June that one of them is a former Gold Medalist in gymnastics. We then have 515p dinner at The Wave. After we may head to MK for emh.
Sounds like a perfect day from start to finish! I love FOTLK. I have unfortunately missed it on my last couple trips. And the wave is probably one of my favorite restaurants!

Quote:
Tues Dec 3

This am I think we are going to try check out Disney Quest. Or do some shopping at DTD. We will grab some snacks at some point and then head to MK to meet up with Kathy and Mark!!![/COLOR]
Oh! You just reminded me that I may need to add DQ to my own plans. I wonder if tickets are still included in the 2014 packages. If so, I know my ds will want to spend time there!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: