Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #166
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Had to bump us from Page 2

Today is our first day of home schooling-it has gone well so far.

Girls both have a gymnastics meet this weekend, Avery Sat am and Cayley Sun pm-way to take up my WHOLE weekend!!

More plans coming soon
Yes, I will get to this by Wednesday...I promise. I am going to wrap up the TR so I can concentrate here.

And I fixed my countdown; have no idea what happened there.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #167
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

First and foremost, Mary I am so sorry for your loss. Losing family, our fur babies, is so hard on everyone!

On to the update. The AK day looks great! We loved Yak and Yeti and I think Jiko is a fabulous adult only meal. Lovely all around!

And very good to get safari in, it's a must!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #168
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Mary: Glad to see the first day of HS went well.
Isn't that the way sport schedule work out... best of luck to the girls for their gym meets.

Kathy: If you want some suggestions on what to order at Jiko, I can tell you that I'm a fan of the short ribs. I've only had that and the filet which was great. I stay away from the more ethnic options since I'm not that adventuresome!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #169
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Kathy, heading to the TR now, I just had to say WAY to go Mary on the first day of homeschooling!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #170
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Magic Bands have arrived

Look what was on our doorstep when we got home from work today:

I'm still not sold on this whole system. And because we don't have actual tickets, I had to input my certificate number for the renewal of our AP's to order our fastpasses. After numerous not very pleasant emails with Disney and phone calls, I am told I shouldn't have any problem with transferring them to the MB's. I don't believe it. We will see what happens.

Okay, responses coming up and then an update FINALLY. Since I'm now done with my TR,I should be able to update here a little bit more regularly and answer posts (although we are going to Dubuque this weekend to see Mark coach as a college coach for the first wrestling tournament of the season.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #171
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

I was so happy to see I wasn't as behind here as I was on the TR!

We got our MBs on Friday. Brenda has begged me everyday to wear hers to school. Each day is a struggle to get her to understand how "important" they are.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #172
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Kat I kinda liked the bands !! They are great for opening the doors . I id take it off to do it frequently, but it was the first time I didn't haave to get my room key replaced as the magnet got de magnettted!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #173
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Funny thing about MVMCP....I have been twice. First time I was on heavy pain meds (10 weeks after neck fusion surgery and way over did during the day!) and last year it became my daughter in law's show. The ONLY thing I got to do was the parade...didn't even get to see the fireworks!

I want to go this year (with out daughter in law) but husband did not have fun either time we went and does not want to pay money for it again! I told him I thought about going by myself.....

Nini
Nini, have you decided if you are going to go solo? I'm sorry to hear about your neck surgery (Mark had neck surgery three years ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Thanks, Mo; sorry I'm so late in responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
it was easy to switch them! we were only off by 30 minutes before, now only 10 minutes! we can't wait to spend the time together! we are off to Boston tomorrow for the weekend, so will check in next week! have a wonderful weekend and

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to everyone! stay safe!
Sounds great, Lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Judy, I'm sorry I'm so late in saying thanks on this. I wanted to get the TR done so I could concentrate over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I have only been in WDW once when MVMCP was going on and sadly did not go. I have seen the parade and the fireworks when I have gone between Christmas and New Years.
I hope one of these years you get there soon for the MVMCP, Pat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I will admit, this is one ADR that I'm not overly excited about. I may still switch up and go to Yak & Yeti but the lunch menu there looks a whole lot like some heavy asian dishes. As for Rainforest, I expect it to be exactly as you described, mediocre and overpriced... but being on the DxDDP I won't worry about the over priced. The ADR I am looking forward to on this day at the AK is when we have dinner at Jiko; now that one I'm looking forward too.

I'm looking forward to our Jiko ADR too.

Kathy, I have to take this opportunity to once again hijack your thread. Look what was sitting on my front door this morning... It is finally sinking in that after 3 long years, I'm going to Disney World.

That is awesome, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I finally made it over here! I think this was the last thread I needed to get caught up on after my trip. I love all of your plans so far. I want to get back to Disney for Christmas so bad it almost hurts. I'm tentatively planning to go sometime in either Nov or Dec 2014. I'm really contemplating getting an AP when I'm there in February. Then I would have to go more often in 2014, right?

Ariana, I'm glad you are here. An AP would be an excellent idea...go for it.

Oh and Mary - sorry for your loss. I'm not sure there's much more anyone can say, it's so hard loosing one of our Fur Babies.
It truly is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Well, I'm caught up on ONE PTR/TR that I'm subbed to!

Thanks again for subbing while you were on vacation.

AK day looks good! Can't believe I was there just over a week ago and now I'm home again already!
It's funny how long it takes to get there, and how fast it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Yak & Yeti has the best Kobe Burger.
All pre trs I am reading people say AK for the 4th. We will be at HS and I am hoping ti will be not crowded. LOL. Although I dont think 4 people make that much of a difference.
All caught up again. We are all getting closer.
I've never had a Kobe Burger. I'm leaning towards the sweet and sour pork, but could change my mind when I get there. I'm hoping for low crowds at all of the parks while we are all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post

Today is our first day of home schooling-it has gone well so far.

That is good to hear Mary.

Girls both have a gymnastics meet this weekend, Avery Sat am and Cayley Sun pm-way to take up my WHOLE weekend!!

Welcome to the world of sporting events; as much as I miss the kids competing, I do NOT miss all the days and weekends away.

More plans coming soon
They are coming very, very soon.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #174
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

On to the update. The AK day looks great! We loved Yak and Yeti and I think Jiko is a fabulous adult only meal. Lovely all around!

I've been wanting to get back to Yak & Yeti and so the girls like it and suggested it, and we are looking forward to our adult meal at Jiko..

And very good to get safari in, it's a must!
Hoping to spot that lion actually up and walking this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Mary: Glad to see the first day of HS went well.
Isn't that the way sport schedule work out... best of luck to the girls for their gym meets.

I remember those days with the boys; baseball all day, wrestling all day, basketball, football, on and on.

Kathy: If you want some suggestions on what to order at Jiko, I can tell you that I'm a fan of the short ribs. I've only had that and the filet which was great. I stay away from the more ethnic options since I'm not that adventuresome!
Those were the two exact things I was looking at. I am FAR from adventuresome (Mark will be more so than me). Do you havea preference of one over the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Kathy, heading to the TR now, I just had to say WAY to go Mary on the first day of homeschooling!

Thanks, Judy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
I was so happy to see I wasn't as behind here as I was on the TR!

This baby has been neglected, but that is about to take a turn.

We got our MBs on Friday. Brenda has begged me everyday to wear hers to school. Each day is a struggle to get her to understand how "important" they are.
Yes, wearing them to school not a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Kat I kinda liked the bands !! They are great for opening the doors . I id take it off to do it frequently, but it was the first time I didn't haave to get my room key replaced as the magnet got de magnettted!!
I understand the purpose of the Bands; I do not like the new Fastpass system at all, I don't like that they didn't iron out details before they kept testing them with more and more people.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #175
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thursday, December 5

We are at the midway point of our trip already. This is what I hate about short trips...they go too fast.

Mark and I will start with an early morning. After reading Brenda's (emmysmommy) reviews of Whispering Canyon Cafe's breakfast on two trips, we decided to give it a try. Now, you have to understand we ate at WCC back in 2008 for dinner and it was by far one of the worse meals we have ever ahd at Disney (it came close to being a tie with Hollywood & Vine for pathetic food).

After our breakfast, we are heading over to Epcot with Mary, Cayley and Avery.

I know I for sure will be riding this:

We have three Fastpass+ attractions picked out:

We will all do this.

Our second Fstpass+ for Mission: Space which Mark will do with Avery (Mary, do you and Cayley do this?) for sure. I will not do it.

The third Fastpass+ is for

Mark and I are not fans, but I'm not sure the girls have seen it since it was refurbed, but we will all do it.

I'm sure we will hit a few other attractions before our lunch ADR. Those will probably include

I'm sure we will more than likely stay in the Future World area since our lunch ADR is there. We will be dining at the Garden Grill. This is the first time that we will be eating here in probably 15 years.

After lunch, I'm sure we will hit World Showcase. And, now that Mary is doing homeschooling, I'm sure she can incorporate some lessons here. I'd like to see some of the Santa from the different countries.

Some things we might see while we are in WS:

Up next, Friday the 6th...and our last day with Mary and the girls and some dancing lights

Last edited by KatMark; 11-05-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #176
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

I understand the purpose of the Bands; I do not like the new Fastpass system at all, I don't like that they didn't iron out details before they kept testing them with more and more people.
I did notice that regular FP were out early in the day !!So I am assuming FP+ is using up the slots !! I liked that you could get into the Character spots with FP+ but I found that the time choices were not to good !!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #177
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I have my FP+ picked out for Epcot and they are Soarin, TT and SE!! I also want to see the Santas around the World !! That and Osborne lights and the Christmas Party are my Highlights
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 11-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #178
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Yay for Magic Bands! I cannot wait until we get ours - but that won't happen for quite some time yet.

I hope to try WCC for breakfast some day - however that probably won't happen until I get a holiday trip. We'll see though.

Did Garden Grill start taking lunch reservations? Granted it's been a little over a year since we've eaten there - but I thought they only started serving at 4pm??? I sure hope they did, because we love eating there!

D~
Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #179
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

You know you never have to apologize for being behind to me Kathy!

Finished your TR and half way through your PTR! I can't keep up! You wil be in one of my FAVORITE parks for Christmas...how exciting!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #180
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

ohhh. the plans look DELIGHTFUL!!!!
still have NOT done garden grill... May this time around.. there is going to be a lot of firsts this trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: