Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #136
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Mary, Once again a {{{{{HUGE hug}}}}} for your loss.

Kathy, I think you have heard me say this before, AK is not our favorite park for a variety of reasons: heat, Not W/C friendly, not conducive to a child with heart problems. BUT, there are some fun things I enjoy there (FOTLK is my fave). I know you will have a great time with Lisa and Megan. They will ride EE with you as much as you want. Yak and Yeti sounds like a fun, yummy meal and if Brenda loves it, I know it is good.

IheartDDuck...I LOVE your testimony for your own homeschooling days!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #137
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

I am here and following along! Kathy I just realized I will be at Downtown Disney the day you arrive. That is our last day in Disney! Maybe we will bump into each other
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #138
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

All caught up! You are going to have a great time at MVMCP - I agree with you that there is nothing like it (even MNSSHP!). It is very sweet of you to go on those rides just for the girls, I am sure that they really appreciate it.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 10-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #139
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Mary I am so very sorry for your loss of the fur baby.

On a happier note YAY for the Christmas party!!! LOVED the party!!!
can't wait to see pictures of you all STUFFED to the brim with hot chocolate and cookies!!! YUM!

Old 10-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #140
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Mary, first wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss of your beloved pet. I know how hard it is to have to say good-bye to our 4-legged loved ones. We have labs as well. On our third one now and I am certain he is a combination of the 2 females we had to say good-bye to.

Caught up on all the plans so far. Sounds like a great time! Yay for party nights! My next trip I am hoping to go the very end of October and stay into the first week of November-get a Halloween and a Christmas party and Food and Wine!!

Kathy, you are a much better person than I to be willing to hurl on Primevil!

And I understand the hesitation of the FP+ usage. We spent a lot of time moving things around using the website. And sometimes it wasn't so cooperative-especially when you are already in the park.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #141
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So I left off with Mark and I going to DTD and getting our renewed AP's (and hoping that our FP+ selections are on our MB's with the total screwed up system that Disney has)
Good luck. I wouldn't have high expectations though.

Quote:
We do have a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain from 2:15 to 3:15 which I hope we can use (or change once we get there).
Again, good luck.

Quote:
Then we have lunch at:

Um.... isn't it a little early for this ADR?

Quote:
Mark, Cayley and Avery will be doing this without Mary and me. Hope the Yeti doesn't get them and they come back.
You're missing out on a great ride.

Quote:
Primevil Hurl (I mean Whirl)
I think you had it right the first time.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #142
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'll go back to the earlier updates in a minute. First, I wanted to send big hugs to Mary and the family for their loss. Our pets become part of our family and it's hard to say goodbye.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #143
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm back....thank goodness, I wasn't that far behind. Of course, you have to work The Plaza into your plans since it's a tradition. The Animal Kingdom day plans sound and wrapping up the day with dinner at Jiko sounds too!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #144
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Mary so sorry to hear about you losing Faith to you all!

hey that's us for AK day! we are looking forward to spending some time with you all and I will even go on Primevil whirl with the girls Kathy if you want to bow out
did any of our FP+ match up? we will enjoy any of the time we get to spend with you ladies and Mark! don't forget to send me yours and Mary's cell #'s when you get a chance! it will be some time after 1100 before we can meet up after our breakfast at Tusker house, since we will have a late start that morning too!

Old 10-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #145
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry Mary..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Life Update Loss mentioned

Sad news in our house today. Our 13 yr old black lab Faith could not get up this morning. She was ok yesterday. Took her to the emergency vet and found out she was in renal failure coupled with a massive infection. Made the devastating decision to end her suffering Everyone got a chance to say good bye and and we found comfort in the fact that it was quick. We are going to miss her and our 4 yr old yellow rescue lab is wandering around looking for her
So very sad first Cookie and now Faith Lost my buddy Dillon last Nov Very difficult but if its any consolation as I told Kathy I believe they are all together and having a wonderful time

Ruthie

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<--- THE cake see post # 2000

Old 10-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #146
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Seeing all your party pictures made me even more excited to get there. It is going to be so much fun.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #147
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I better go check out the TR....

Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #148
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Here and subbed. Disney at Christmas= perfection! We need to do that some day. I grew up in Central FL, and we made it a point to visit at Christmas time every year. That was YEARS ago...when the Candle Light Processional went down Main Street at MK! Such a magical time of year anyhow, only Disney could make it even more magical!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #149
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Mary and Kathy, I am so sorry that both of you have lost someone so dear to you.

Thank you, Ann.

Yay for AK day. I am not sure why, but I really do love that park. Maybe because it isn't so "go go go" I mean, there isn't that many rides/attractions. Not to mention I love animals.

The AK is definitely my third favorite park (the Studios is a distant fourth). I'm with you...love the animals, taking in the details, etc.

Jiko sounds like it will be a great "adult only" meal. Just curious... how late does Simba's club remain open?
I can't wait to try Jiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Kathy I'm also vowing that I'll never do multiple TR's again at the same time. I don't know how that's going to work out for me.

Seriously, I've done it twice now and you think I'd learn by now.

I love having a car in the World, so I completely understand renting one. I absolutely hate the bus service at most DVC resorts.

We've never had an issue at OKW; but the Beach Club certainly turned me off from the buses.

Mary, I have to say that homeschooling is an excellent option. I was actually homeschooled from the age of 9 through all of high school. When I was older, it was more my choice, and I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything. And contrary to what people think (that it's some kind of sub par education), I couldn't disagree more. I had a 3.7 GPA all through college, have a Bachelor's in Business, a Master's in Accounting, work as a Supervisor in Accounting, and am studying for the CPA exam. Sub par! Pfffttt...

You rock, Danielle.

Sorry had to just jump on that bandwagon, because I think it's commendable. My mom did so much for us through homeschooling.

Good for you AND your mom.

Great plans for the days so far.
Thanks, Danielle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

One of my favorites! Yum!

I know; and your continuous good reviews makes us want to go back.

That's so awesome! A pre-planned Dismeet! I've seen Lisa on many of the TR threads so by way of you I want to say hi!

We are all looking forward to meeting Lisa and Megan. Our fastpasses are the same for our afternoon rides so we can do them all together (or Mary and I can sit out while they do them with the girls and Mark )

I'm glad to see you trying Jiko. I hope you enjoy your meal!

I may have to be in touch with you to see what you recommend.

To answer your earlier question: We don't arrive until the 5th so we don't go to the MVMCP until the 10th. I need to contact Disney to print our my tickets because they didn't give that option.
Darn; but I'm sure we'll have other opportunities to hook up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Finally made it over and I am caught up!!!!

Pat; welcome back from Disney; I hope you had a good trip.

Great plans. Some day I will make to the MVMCP.
I can't believe you've never been to the MVMCP with all of your trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Thank you all for the sweet words about Faith. it is very strange not to have her here. We have been to MVMCP once before. It was FREEZING-below 32 degrees. I had to buy blankets to wrap the girls in because i really wanted them to see the snow on Main Street. I have never been to Jiko. Simba's is open pretty late-midnight on the weekends.
I think we are going to be okay this time, Mary, with the weather. No 30's for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I showed your pictures of the miniature golf course to Carolyn when you posted them, she said we will have to find the time to do a round. I'm hoping to find the time for this trip, if not then certainly in June.

All of the Disney mini-golf courses are fun; I hope you guys can fit it in on your June trip.

As for the AK; our first couple of times at WDW this park was not one of our favorites even though EE is our favorite attraction. But with time I have grown to love the AK and just take my time to appreciate all that this park truly offers.

It was never one of ours now. But now it is our 3rd (we prefer it 100% over the Studios). The themeing, the detail, the animals, etc...just love it all.

Also with Yak & Yeti. I'm still really pondering switching to this restaurant on our AK day. As of right now we are going to the AK on Sunday, Dec 1st, and will be doing lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and then dinner at Jiko. But I am waivering a bit on the Rainforest.
Personally, we are not fans of Rainforest Caf. We have eaten at the one in Chicago and Vegas...mediocre food that is overpriced.

RIP Genie
Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #150
KatMark
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=blessedmom4;49940203]

Kathy, I think you have heard me say this before, AK is not our favorite park for a variety of reasons: heat, Not W/C friendly, not conducive to a child with heart problems. BUT, there are some fun things I enjoy there (FOTLK is my fave). I know you will have a great time with Lisa and Megan. They will ride EE with you as much as you want. Yak and Yeti sounds like a fun, yummy meal and if Brenda loves it, I know it is good.

Judy, I don't think I knew that about you and the AK. See, we find it to be much hotter at the Studios. I can, however, see where it is not W/C friendly. I don't do EE, but Lisa and Megan can certainly do it with the girls and Mark. We loved Yak & Yeti the first time we tried it when it first opened; Brenda's last couple of reviews of it made us anxious to get back asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I am here and following along! Kathy I just realized I will be at Downtown Disney the day you arrive. That is our last day in Disney! Maybe we will bump into each other
It's good to see you...it's been too long. That would be wonderful to see you. If you see us, please stop us. We should be there by 11:00 or 11:30 if my memory is serving me right as I try to type and keep one eye on the baseball game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up! You are going to have a great time at MVMCP - I agree with you that there is nothing like it (even MNSSHP!). It is very sweet of you to go on those rides just for the girls, I am sure that they really appreciate it.
Thanks, Krysten. We loved MVMCP last year and I couldn't see NOT going again. I have a limit...no EE or Rock & Roll, but Mr. Mark has those covered with the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post

On a happier note YAY for the Christmas party!!! LOVED the party!!!
can't wait to see pictures of you all STUFFED to the brim with hot chocolate and cookies!!! YUM!
Mark and I loved it last year; we had so much fun at it with Andy and Des, and I'm sure we'll have just as much fun with the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post

Caught up on all the plans so far. Sounds like a great time! Yay for party nights! My next trip I am hoping to go the very end of October and stay into the first week of November-get a Halloween and a Christmas party and Food and Wine!!

Linda, that would be an awesome trip.

Kathy, you are a much better person than I to be willing to hurl on Primevil!

It's not all that bad; it is certainly better than Mission Space.

And I understand the hesitation of the FP+ usage. We spent a lot of time moving things around using the website. And sometimes it wasn't so cooperative-especially when you are already in the park.
We will see how all that goes on this trip. I know I'm going to have a

RIP Genie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: