Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #16
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Have your son watch YouTube videos of JTA to make sure it is something he wants to do. You may want to have him notice that Vader is there for the training and nothing more - he isn't mean. The JTA experience can be frightening for some kids especially if they don't realize how tall, imposing, and scary Vader can be.
This.

I thought my kids would be all over this!! They love Star Wars, they get to watch a movie every Friday night, and it's always a SW movie.

They watched a JTA while we were at DHS in the afternoon, and when I asked if this were something they wanted to do, I got solid NO out of both of them. It did make my morning easier a few days later, since we only had to rush to TSMM.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #17
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
On a morning EMH, DHS opens at the regular EMH opening time of 8:00 a.m. You will be spending a lot of time waiting in line at the sign-up location.
We leave for our trip this week! We are going to be at DHS this Friday, which is AM EMH, but would love to get my son signed up for jedi training academy. So, my question is: do you think we could all run to ride TSMM right at 8am when the park opens, then send my husband and son to get in line for JTA? OR, should they just suck it up and go get in line right at 8 and wait the hour until 9am? Would that 15 minutes or so to ride TSMM make a huge difference?
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
~Brandy~
Now closer to the mouse!

We went during spring break last year and tried to get there early and instead got there exactly at 9. We went straight to the sign in area, waited in line and got a time in the late afternoon. There weren't a ton of shows after ours so I don't know how many more kids made it through.

If it's important to you, go early and go there first thing. It was really cute though, worth the trouble.
~Brandy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #19
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
We leave for our trip this week! We are going to be at DHS this Friday, which is AM EMH, but would love to get my son signed up for jedi training academy. So, my question is: do you think we could all run to ride TSMM right at 8am when the park opens, then send my husband and son to get in line for JTA? OR, should they just suck it up and go get in line right at 8 and wait the hour until 9am? Would that 15 minutes or so to ride TSMM make a huge difference?
Head to JTA first and ask if they are doing sign-ups, if so, sign-up and head to TSMM. There are differing reports to whether or not they allow JTA sign-ups that early.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #20
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:
If you want to do JTA, suck it up and go at rope drop. Send a fastpass runner for Toy Story.

Basically, you have to choose between that extra Toy Story ride and JTA.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #21
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_catt11 View Post
If you want to do JTA, suck it up and go at rope drop. Send a fastpass runner for Toy Story.

Basically, you have to choose between that extra Toy Story ride and JTA.
Oh we definitely plan to get there at rope drop. I guess I should rephrase my question: do they start sign ups right at 8am for the EMH, or not until 9am? I was thinking they wouldn't start them until closer to 9 (which is why I was asking about riding TSMM first) but if they start them right at 8, they will definitely head straight there.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Head to JTA first and ask if they are doing sign-ups, if so, sign-up and head to TSMM. There are differing reports to whether or not they allow JTA sign-ups that early.
thank you!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
dsnymomof4
DIS Veteran

When we went in July, DS5 went back and forth whether he wanted to do it or not. We watched the show, we watched the videos online, Star Tours is his favorite ride. So, when we were heading to DHS for rope drop, our plan was to head right to sign-ups. Well, on the bus he says he doesn't want to do it. And in spite of my persuading and trying to bribe him with a toy from the Star Tours gift shop , when we got there he still said no. So, we went on with our day and later when we were at Star Tours, he changed his mind and said he wanted to do it (remembering of course my promise to buy him a toy). I can't remember what time exactly it was - at least 2 hours after opening I believe. At first I went in by myself to see if they still had openings - the first available show was around 4:00. They asked me to go get him and did ask him a few questions. He did do it and it was the highlight of our trip - so adorable! They did have both Darth Vader and Darth Maul at that show, so lots of kids got to do it. Was a great experience!

July 2002: offsite(1st family trip); Aug 2004:Pop;July 2005:Pop; Dec 2005:All Star Sports/BWV;Aug 2006:Pop(free dining!); Dec 2006: BC(adults only);Apr 2007: SSR-Easter/DD9 birthday trip ; Oct 2007: SSR-MNSSHP/DD11 birthday trip;Apr 2008:BC/VWL-DS14 HS marching band@MK, 1st trip w/new babyooh:; Nov/Dec 2008: Pop; ESPN wknd 2009-DH 5K@DHS:BWV/Pop; Aug 2009:VB/Pop-Free Dining!; Jan 2010:GF; Nov 2010:BC;Apr 2012:BWV-Surprise Easter/DD14 birthday trip; Jan 2013:POR-Marathon/FD; June 2013: Surprise/school's out trip:VB/SSR/POR/BWV; Dec 2013:Pop FD extended family trip
dsnymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:
Oh we definitely plan to get there at rope drop. I guess I should rephrase my question: do they start sign ups right at 8am for the EMH, or not until 9am? I was thinking they wouldn't start them until closer to 9 (which is why I was asking about riding TSMM first) but if they start them right at 8, they will definitely head straight there.
Typically, they start signups at rope drop. If it's an EMH day, signups start an hour earlier.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: