Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #31
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about my TR. I've been spending a lot of time on gift scrapbooks for G, J and S. We are all getting together Friday night, and J's parents are here visiting as well. It will be a year since our trip, so I want to surprise them with these scrapbooks. I'm almost done, only a few pages left, which is a good thing since I have to work tomorrow and Friday, so I really only have tomorrow night left to finish them!

So I expect to write my next TR update this weekend, along with an update on how G, J and S liked their scrapbooks!

My Disney Trip Reports:
A Big Blue World at AOA with the Fab Four - Nov. 2012 - AOA Finding Nemo suite
3 Weeks to plan a solo trip! - Nov. 2014 PTR
dreamseeker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #32
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Nice!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Carrie772 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2014, 10:04 PM   #33
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Wow, so sorry I haven't updated in so long! I plan to post an update this weekend, and I want to do my DL trip report that I took after Thanksgiving - just a day, but it was my first time in Disneyland, and I enjoyed it.

My Disney Trip Reports:
Old 02-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #34
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Looking forward to your next update and the bonus DL update.

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #35
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Update: My personal laptop has finally died, almost 9 years old. The good news is that my vacation photos were uploaded onto Photobucket already. But I did lose some files and some more recent photos.

I'm in the process of switching from a PC to a MacBook, and I will update my TR once I'm on the MacBook. Sorry for the delay!

My Disney Trip Reports:
Old 03-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #36
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Day 3, Part 1 - The Captain EO Comeback!

After a night of fun and frolic, we slept in just a tad the next morning. Once we got moving, we grabbed food and coffee at the trusty AoA food court, then we were off to EPCOT!

First things first... we headed into The Land pavilion and grabbed FP's for Soarin' (wow, is that area busy!), then rode Living with the Land. I had forgotten how enjoyable and peaceful that attraction is, I really enjoyed it! S was the last one to rise and shine, and we had rushed him to get to EPCOT, so we sat with him while he grabbed breakfast at the Garden Grill - he said it was just ok, not amazing. While we were sitting there, admiring The Land pavilion, I recognized the music playing - it was from one of my favorite movies, "The Prince of Tides". It kinda made my morning.

Of course, I had to get a photo of SE:

We journeyed on to... the Imagination pavilion!

So pretty!

It was time for Captain EO! I was so excited, I hadn't seen this movie in such a long time, but I had fond memories of it. As a Michael Jackson lover, I couldn't wait to see it again. The theater was not crowded at all, maybe 20 people tops. But that was okay because the 4 of us ended up laughing throughout most of it! We had forgotten how over the top it was, and we were loving the 80s looks. I rediscovered musical gems like "Change the World" and "Another Part of Me". Ah, good times! Love ya, MJ!

We rode Journey Into Imagination next, then looked around the zany gift shop - quite a mix of items in that Imagination pavilion, including some fun Muppets merchandise, but we held off. It was time for Soarin'! I was pumped, my first time on it! So we rode it, and... meh. Sorry to all the Soarin' lovers - it wasn't that I didn't like it, I found it be lovely and relaxing. I just didn't think it was an absolutely amazing attraction that lived up to the hype. Go ahead, throw the tomatoes at me.

We rode The Seas next, which I absolutely loved! Next visit, I'm spending more time just looking around this area!

By this time, we were ready for some grub for lunch, so we decided it was time to head into the World Showcase!!!

Next up... The Fab Four make our way around the World Showcase, and 3 of the 4 attempt to drink their way around!

My Disney Trip Reports:
Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #37
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

RL Update: I'm adjusting to my new MacBook and am loving it! Luckily, I uploaded my photos to Photobucket or I would've lost them! Sadly, when my laptop died, it took several photos and music files along with it. But at least I'd already printed them all out, and I'd already made my friends' scrapbooks. I did lose, though, the photos I took of their scrapbooks. I still have mine, though, which isn't yet complete.

On a fun note, I'm going to WDW in just 12 days! It will be my first solo trip, I'm very excited!

More updates soon, I know this one was short! I have a lot of WS photos, I'll have to edit which ones I post!

My Disney Trip Reports:
Old 05-17-2014, 06:07 AM   #38
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Oh my, where does time go? Apologies for the lack of updates. I went to WDW and proceeded to have the worst cold that I've had in years for the entire time I was there, including an ear infection that required a round of antibiotics when I returned home. It was a bummer indeed. Enough on that.

I've just finished a big conference, and I'm ready to enjoy some actual free time, so I really want to finish this TR! Thanks to those who have put up with my lag in updating, I'm going to write the next chapter now!

My Disney Trip Reports:
Old 05-17-2014, 06:40 AM   #39
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Day 3, Part 2 - Tequila makes you try on goofy souvenirs!

I love World Showcase so much - it's absolutely beautiful, and there's so much to see.

We were a hungry group, plus we knew that we needed some sustenance if we were going to drink around the World, so we headed to Cantina de San Angel. I really like this restaurant, outside on the water. I had the tacos de pollo, they were tasty. We had a visitor while eating.

This little guy really wanted some food! I didn't see anyone feed him, though, which I think is a good thing.

Next, we went inside the Mexico pyramid to shop, and the guys were ready for their tequila shots! I'm not a big tequila fan, so I opted out of this one. After the tequila shots, shenanigans ensued - the usual when you go to Mexico, trying on sombreros and panchos, all good fun. The boys were feeling good when we came back outside.

They're so cute.

Off to Norway!

So pretty.

I loved the Christmas display that was in Norway.

We naturally had to ride the Maelstrom. We didn't have a drink here, decided to wait.

More souvenirs to try on - both S and I tried on these beauties:

Next up... China!

Again, so pretty! I absolutely love the unique vibe in each pavilion - unique music, sights, smells. The guys decided to drink some Chinese beer. I again passed, it didn't sound appealing to me.

We had a lot of ground to cover before our dinner ADR and then the Candlelight Processional, so we kept moving. Next up - Germany!

I started taking photos across the water and of Christmas decorations, I'm not 100% sure which country we were in when I took some of these. I think this one was near Germany.

We of course went to Karamell Kuche to bask in that awesome smell and to buy some goodies. I stocked up on some great stocking stuffers for family, we love our Werthers candies. The guys had some German beer. At this point, I had a headache and decided I would not be drinking around the world, though I had my sights set on one drink in particular coming up...

Next up... The Fab Four finishes our tour of WS, I find my drink of choice, dinner at Rose & Crown Pub, and the Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris!

My Disney Trip Reports:
Old 05-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #40
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Day 3, Part 3 - A Grand Marnier Slushie makes it all better!

Ah, Italy! I will go there one day! Until then, I'll settle for the WS version.

What's not to love about Italy? I wish we'd had more time to soak it all in. We did at least run into these lovely ladies:

Very entertaining!

Beautiful view from Italy toward FW and SE:

J was feeling the Italian mood (and the alcohol!):

Love that guy!

On to AMERICA!

I thought the Christmas tree here was especially beautiful.

Preview of what was to come... we were excited!

We still had 4 countries to cover, and we were running out of time, so we hurried over to Japan!

I had never before taken the time to really wander around and appreciate this area. The koi ponds and gardens were absolutely gorgeous, a must-see when visiting WS! It was so peaceful back there, truly incredible. G and J bought some Japanese beer while I took several photos (don't worry, not all shown here! ).

We had to hurry, so we moved on to Morocco!

Here's another country that I never took time to explore until now. I was amazed to find these hidden away areas toward the back of the pavilion - very quiet and relaxing!

Of course, we were all drawn to the gorgeous fountain:

We were losing daylight, and our ADR was quickly approaching - 3 more countries, starting with France!

Thank goodness, I was thirsty! I fully enjoyed my Grand Marnier slushy - so good!!! I wish I'd taken a picture of it, but I guess I was in too big of a hurry to drink it.

France is another country where I could explore and lounge there forever, but we had to move on to the UK.

We knew that we'd be back here soon for our ADR at the Rose & Crown Pub, so we didn't linger long.

Next up - Canada!

Here is one of my favorite photos from the entire trip.

We made the mistake... er, decision... to see O Canada. I say mistake, not because it isn't a great movie, but because 3 out of the 4 of us were drunk at this point, and a 360-degree movie where we all had to stand wasn't our brightest idea. No one got sick, thank goodness, but they were definitely holding tightly onto the resting bars and closing their eyes throughout the movie! I was glad I'd only had my slushy!

While in Canada, a bird decided to relieve itself on J's shirt, so J bought an O Canada shirt to wear. It suited him!

We headed back to UK for dinner at the Rose & Crown Pub. I had made this ADR as part of the Candlelight Processional dinner package, so we didn't have to wait in line... or so we thought. We had a great waiter, and we enjoyed ourselves, but the food wasn't excellent in my opinion.

I was in a hurry to get in line for the CP, I had a feeling the line would be long, even with our passes. Sure enough, I think we hit the back of the line between Japan and France! The guys were shocked. G knew what to expect, but S and J didn't even really know what the CP was.

A selfie while waiting in line, me and J:

Finally, we made it in, and we were pretty far back! I felt bad for those who had been waiting for a really long time and didn't make it into the theater.

The stage was all set and looked beautiful!

Time for the show!

Love NPH!

We all enjoyed the show, especially me and G - we heartily sang along at the end to "Hallelujah". I have to say, though, that I don't think I'd do the CP again - it took up a lot of time, even with the dinner package. And now that I've experienced it once, unless the show is changed a great deal, I don't really need to see it again. I just saw NPH as Hedwig on Broadway, now that's a show I'd see again and again - he is INCREDIBLE in that show! But I digress...

We hadn't yet been on SE, and we wanted to avoid the IllumiNations crowds- I think we were all crowded out after the CP. So we got on SE with no line, but it broke down twice while we were on it. If there's a decent ride to be on when it breaks down, it's SE - comfortable seats, dark ride - we were ok with it, except that we wanted to be out of EPCOT before IllumiNations ended. We walked out of SE just as IllumiNations was starting, so we were good to go. We didn't have to wait long for a bus back to AOA. I decided to try the pool again, it was freezing! We walked around the LM and LK sections - I didn't have my camera with me since I'd been swimming, but they were amazing. I really enjoyed AOA overall. Then we crashed hard - it was a long but very fun day!

Next up... AK and MK, then we celebrate our last night at WDW with a special dinner at the California Grill!

My Disney Trip Reports:

Tags
aoa, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: