Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #31
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richfield View Post
My point being people are threatening to cancel trips because of it.
People don't have the right to not want to be a tester?

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #32
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

We had MB/FP+ on our trip a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit confusing setting it up, but we had no problems at all with the functions once we arrived.

I'm sorry for those who are swept up by the hysteria over the MBs. If you are participating chances are it will go pretty well, if not there are CMs to help.

If you aren't participating, well...most people aren't. You'll be fine too.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #33
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
Testing is over as of tomorrow. Tomorrow it is rolled out live to every resort guest. At least that is what I heard anyway. ;-)
Testing is not over, they are just opening the testing to all the resorts so there won't be resorts that are not testing anymore. CM told me last night that they were notified that testing would be at least thru Jan 5th. And, that guest could still use Kttw cards they will receive at check in to pull paper FP's to get extra fp's to help when park hopping or staying in same park.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #34
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

People have rights and choices. They can decide to go or not go, pretty simple if you ask me. Although, I thought I remembered hearing that you don't have to participate if you don't want to. It's not Disney's fault if someone makes that decision and it doesn't work out for them.

If someone makes the choice to stay offsite at this time and can't participate, that's not Disney's fault either. They are a business and have the right to make decisions that work for their company. It's no secret that they would prefer that people stay onsite.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #35
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

It's a test...you have to expect issues?

It's MY VACATION. One I am shelling out a LOT of money for. I expect it to be a vacation. No hassles.

I have to thank all of the brave folks who have volunteered to be Disney's unpaid guinea pigs in all this, cause I would never have agreed to their "invitation" to test. I can only hope that there is some semblance of order come next September when I go.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #36
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

The only thing that really concerns me about this test is the double-dipping by people with MBs (of which I will be one if you still can in December). Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the test if people with MBs can go beyond the parameters of the test and pull paper Fastpasses anyway? How can Disney gauge if the '3 per day at one park' thing works?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #37
luvthemouse71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
The only thing that really concerns me about this test is the double-dipping by people with MBs (of which I will be one if you still can in December). Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the test if people with MBs can go beyond the parameters of the test and pull paper Fastpasses anyway? How can Disney gauge if the '3 per day at one park' thing works?
They may pull the FP- system soon anyway, so the double dipping might not be an issue.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #38
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
People have rights and choices. They can decide to go or not go, pretty simple if you ask me. Although, I thought I remembered hearing that you don't have to participate if you don't want to. It's not Disney's fault if someone makes that decision and it doesn't work out for them.
I didn't say it was Disney's fault. I just think it's a bit much to call people hysterical, over-sensitive, etc because some are choosing not to go while the bugs are getting worked out.

Quote:
If someone makes the choice to stay offsite at this time and can't participate, that's not Disney's fault either. They are a business and have the right to make decisions that work for their company. It's no secret that they would prefer that people stay onsite.
Again, no one said Disney doesn't have that right. Of course they will do what they need to do. Disney also has to accept that when their decisions affect a number of people's vacations in a negative way, that people will reconsider where they vacation. It goes both ways.

Personally, I wouldn't reschedule a vacation because of FP+. I would have enjoyed being a tester, probably. I tend to like doing their surveys and such :P But we stay at SoG, which Disney can't decide if they're going to treat as an on-site property or not (as we're eligible for EMH, but not the dining plan/parking). It'd be nice if they'd make up their mind there.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Old 10-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #39
luvthemouse71

They should consider SoG a Disney property, I agree.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #40
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the test if people with MBs can go beyond the parameters of the test and pull paper Fastpasses anyway? How can Disney gauge if the '3 per day at one park' thing works?
That's what many people with concerns have been asking since testing started last winter.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #41
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
It's MY VACATION. One I am shelling out a LOT of money for. I expect it to be a vacation. No hassles.

I have to thank all of the brave folks who have volunteered to be Disney's unpaid guinea pigs in all this, cause I would never have agreed to their "invitation" to test. I can only hope that there is some semblance of order come next September when I go.
If someone doesn't think they will enjoy it due to the testing they should absolutely wait a year or two for the bugs to be worked out, even die hard Disney fans have Disneyland as a great alternative.

Vacation is supposed to be fun, if someone doesn't think they'll have fun they are just wasting their money and time.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #42
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Are there any hard statistics or polls about this? It would be nice if those having problems are few in number.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173486

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #43
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I think the addition of parades and shows will actually help to spread people out during testing. Mostly because they have paper FPs too. Once we go to full roll-out, will people use their 3 for headliners instead? I also think 3 FP+ and only one park is testing only.

My theory for full rollout-registered ph tickets will have multiple park FP choices and using the MDE app while in a park will allow you to schedule additional "day of" FP. I do believe that onsite guests will get some sort of advantage like the 180+10 perk for ADRs.

Crossing my fingers!

When are we going back? Not sure, hate the DAS, FP+ and the rooms keep getting more and more expensive.

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #44
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

The so called 'double dipping' is being allowed because they are testing and they need people to help them test. Not sure how it's double the amt of fp's, as guests not testing get unlimited access to fp. And I can't imagine many people would agree to test disney's product, and have less access to rides than other guests, or feel ever so lucky to be 'invited' to be a guinea pig if they were told "Hey, lucky vacationer, help us test, and you will get less FP's than others, less than others even though you spent as much as any other guests who will still get unlimited access to fp rides, even those staying offsite. You are special and get the limited edition 3 FP+ and you will be limited to only use them in one park. So, even though you have spent extra money for PH's, you are lucky you won't have to worry about going to the bother of getting FP's in both parks as that won't be allowed anyway. And, because its a test, thing may work great or things may possibly glitch or not even work at all, it's a toss up, but remember to just be happy you are lucky to be a chosen tester so no complaining!"
Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #45
fitzperry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
Opting out of FP+ is no longer a meaningful choice. It seems pretty clear the new system is affecting the availability of regular fast passes, and that's even before the roll out to all the resorts in a couple of weeks. The guys from the Unofficial Guide reported that last Wednesday FP's for Soarin', Toy Story, etc. were gone earlier than they were on New Year's Eve. That shouldn't be the case mid-week in mid-October, despite fall-breakers.

And while it's true that people have choices, we made the choice to book our upcoming trip before all this craziness started. Had I known 6 months ago what I know now, we might have decided to spend our hard-earned vacation dollars elsewhere this year. People are accustomed to touring Disney in a particular way. It's expensive, but we can usually be confident we'll get what we consider a good value there. Not so right now--it's up in the air. It's not really an option for us because we are traveling with a group, but I can see why people would hold off on a trip at the moment.

The MDE website and app are appalling--slow, glitchy, and unnecessarily time-consuming to navigate. And even putting aside the fact that I have no desire to schedule a ride 60 days in advance, I couldn't even get decent times when I tried to do that. It's absurd that you can't choose each FP+ individually but must book all 3 in a block according to what the stupid app decides to give you (I guess you could just choose one attraction at a time and then go back through the whole stupid system for the other two, but who has time for that?)

Seriously, I've stayed out of most of the FP+ whining here, but I can't believe Disney is letting this piece of junk go live (trying so hard to resist the obvious comparison here ).

fitzperry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: