Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
dskib
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 880

It's a Test. You have to expect issues.

I feel like the boards are being overrun with MB and FP+ complaints. I get that everyone has an opinion, but let's try to remember that this is all still TESTING. All the screw ups and issues are, unfortunately, a part of the testing process. That's how they find the problems and get them corrected before its official. I don't expect things to go perfectly. I hope they do, but I doubt they will. It takes time for the wrinkles to get fixed. They will though. The bugs will get worked out. FPs will get tweaked to avoid problems. It'll be okay. Unfortunately, there's no good time to do this that won't affect somebody's enjoyment. Right now, for this test, it happens to be ours.

I'm Going to have fun anyway.
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Mammaz
Mouseketeer
 
Mammaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 449

We had problems but yes it is in testing phase! We loved the magic bands!
Mammaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein
 
ParrotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Upstate NY near Rochester
Posts: 2,143

It was testing back in July and August. Now every single reservation is enabled for MB and FP+ through November and December. That's not testing and it's not really voluntary now that legacy FP has been reduced.

And the new system forces everyone to buy tickets in advance and plan one park per day and the UI stinks and it still doesn't work right.

I think there are plenty of reasons to complain.
__________________

___________________________________________
Questions by PM are welcome!
Recent Visits: Kidani/BCV Aug2013; POFQ Dec2013 with daughter in Candlelight Processional, Apr2014
Next: BWV Aug2014
35+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
anidee
Yes GAWD
 
anidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 86

I like your outlook
anidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
dskib
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
It was testing back in July and August. Now every single reservation is enabled for MB and FP+ through November and December. That's not testing and it's not really voluntary now that legacy FP has been reduced.

And the new system forces everyone to buy tickets in advance and plan one park per day and the UI stinks and it still doesn't work right.

I think there are plenty of reasons to complain.
It's a test until they say it's not. Starts out with a few, then more, then more. They need all feedback just like your post to figure out what works and what doesn't. What people love and what people hate. I find it hard to believe that in the end, everyone will be FORCED to buy tix in advance and plan 1 park/day. Maybe. Who knows? The fact is, Gazillions of people don't even use Fastpass. I have to wonder what percentage of guests actually even care.
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
CWdreamer
Mouseketeer
 
CWdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskib View Post
I feel like the boards are being overrun with MB and FP+ complaints. I get that everyone has an opinion, but let's try to remember that this is all still TESTING. All the screw ups and issues are, unfortunately, a part of the testing process. That's how they find the problems and get them corrected before its official. I don't expect things to go perfectly. I hope they do, but I doubt they will. It takes time for the wrinkles to get fixed. They will though. The bugs will get worked out. FPs will get tweaked to avoid problems. It'll be okay. Unfortunately, there's no good time to do this that won't affect somebody's enjoyment. Right now, for this test, it happens to be ours.

I'm Going to have fun anyway.
Amen!!!!!!!!
__________________
______________________
BWI CL - May 2014
CR - June 2013
POFQ - Oct 2010
CWdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 44,786

I intend to have fun too but I have a question.

If any other business that you normally frequent or who provides you with some type of service announces that things are changing and that they would be testing and then as a result you had spotty service would you be OK with that? I'm just curious because while I do understand that testing can cause issues I also understand why all of this concerns people.
__________________
PG
Planogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
shellstar
Mischeif Managed
 
shellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 69

Hopefully they have it all ironed out when we finally go (Jan 2015). It must be really frustrating to plan around this.
__________________
shellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
It was testing back in July and August. Now every single reservation is enabled for MB and FP+ through November and December. That's not testing and it's not really voluntary now that legacy FP has been reduced.

And the new system forces everyone to buy tickets in advance and plan one park per day and the UI stinks and it still doesn't work right.

I think there are plenty of reasons to complain.
I agree with this comment. I don't think this qualifies as "testing" anymore..I think Disney is hiding behind this, calling it testing. Now that they seem to be dialing back the paper FPs, it really doesn't qualify as testing IMHO.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskib View Post
It's a test until they say it's not. Starts out with a few, then more, then more.
That's actually a roll out, not a test.

It's actually never been a test IMO. They have rolled this out to people while calling it a test so that people won't get too upset when things go awry. Plus, (again IMO) they are trying to figure out how to roll this out to non-resort people so they call it a test until they can offer mb's to everyone.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!
 
Jennasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The Triad, NC
Posts: 23,713

It's a test...and it seems like my beloved Disney is failing it. Maybe they should have studied harder for it.
__________________
Jennasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
JanaDee
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,943

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskib View Post
I feel like the boards are being overrun with MB and FP+ complaints. I get that everyone has an opinion, but let's try to remember that this is all still TESTING. All the screw ups and issues are, unfortunately, a part of the testing process. That's how they find the problems and get them corrected before its official. I don't expect things to go perfectly. I hope they do, but I doubt they will. It takes time for the wrinkles to get fixed. They will though. The bugs will get worked out. FPs will get tweaked to avoid problems. It'll be okay. Unfortunately, there's no good time to do this that won't affect somebody's enjoyment. Right now, for this test, it happens to be ours.

I'm Going to have fun anyway.
Testing is over as of tomorrow. Tomorrow it is rolled out live to every resort guest. At least that is what I heard anyway. ;-)
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
jmrothermel
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
Testing is over as of tomorrow. Tomorrow it is rolled out live to every resort guest.
Rolled out, yes. I do believe they are still calling it a "test" though - we got an invite to test in November.
jmrothermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #14
conandrob240
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,249

Yes, it is a test. But it is very far I to testing to have stuff happening that should have been fixed very early on. A few examples- I have to carry my PAP because even though I can swipe my band to pay, it can't show I am a PAP holder. Really dumb. I still cannot book a cc reservation restaurant in the MDE app months after this was identified as a glitch. MDE revered mine and son's PAP ticket #s. to correct, both tickets had to be deactivated them re- issued as new ticket #smeaning I had to stand in line while someone figured out what should have been a very simple swap.

My biggest gripe- low or standard staffing at guest relations windows. Okay, you know you are doing a massive test which is subject to bugs and issues. How about you have additional staff on hand so those guest relations windows aren't faced with lines 20-30 people deep?

Overall, I really liked tha bands. But I can understand frustration with things like waiting in line for an hour to get issues fixed. Better staffing and quicker IT fixes to major, systematic issues would be great.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #15
Richfield
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I intend to have fun too but I have a question. If any other business that you normally frequent or who provides you with some type of service announces that things are changing and that they would be testing and then as a result you had spotty service would you be OK with that? I'm just curious because while I do understand that testing can cause issues I also understand why all of this concerns people.
Most people haven't experienced any spotty service, just heard about it from people on the Internet.
Richfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.