Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Klomp
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 34

A few photo questions

Hi you all. I have a few photo questions and I hope you can help me with it.

1. Are there photographers in the Restaurants during dinner? And if they are, is this every evening or only on "special" evenings like Pirate Night and (Semi)Formal night

2. I found a schedule on the internet for CC day. It says there are photographers on the pier to take your picture with the ship. It's for just 2 hours. Are there a few photographers at the same place? To manage all the people? And is it doable to take your picture over there in this 2 hours? Which time will do best?

3. Are there any photographer with the characters on CC? Or do we have to take pictures our self?

4. And the last one. I've read that Shutters is very crowded on the last night. They will be open till 11 PM. When I go between 10 and 11 will it be crowded then?

Thanks again!
Klomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
cpeters
Earning My Ears
 
cpeters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomp
Hi you all. I have a few photo questions and I hope you can help me with it.

1. Are there photographers in the Restaurants during dinner? And if they are, is this every evening or only on "special" evenings like Pirate Night and (Semi)Formal night

2. I found a schedule on the internet for CC day. It says there are photographers on the pier to take your picture with the ship. It's for just 2 hours. Are there a few photographers at the same place? To manage all the people? And is it doable to take your picture over there in this 2 hours? Which time will do best?

3. Are there any photographer with the characters on CC? Or do we have to take pictures our self?

4. And the last one. I've read that Shutters is very crowded on the last night. They will be open till 11 PM. When I go between 10 and 11 will it be crowded then?

Thanks again!
1) Do not know 100% on this one. On Our first cruise (Magic) they came by several times (think it fell on the" special" nights). Second cruise (Fantasy) they only came by once.
2) This was not a problem. They move VERY Quickly and not everyone stops to have picture.
3) All the characters that we saw walking around had a" Handler/Assistant" with them. So if they did not have a camera then they could use yours if you wanted.
4) On the last night we have not found a time that wasn't crowded, but right before closing time was BETTER than after dinner.
Good Luck and HAPPY CRUISING! :-)
cpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
seaulater
FIRST TO MAGICALLY CROSS FROM KINGDOM TO KINGDOM AND FROM THE EAST TO THE MED!
 
seaulater's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 5,185

Yes, Shutters is busy on the last night, but what we do is buy a package at the beginning and we start looking at our pictures everyday, discarding the ones we don't want immediately.

The ones we do want we go ahead and get and keep in our stateroom, then if we change our mind, we just take the picture back and they are more than willing to switch for another one we chose at the end. This saves all the time from waiting in line.

You can also go on debarkation morning they are open until 9 a.m. I think. We have gone to pick up last minute prints that they re-printed for us because of a printing issue on the original one.

Hope that helps.
__________________
LINDA-51 CRUISES AND COUNTING! - DVC Member since 1994 OKW, also Saratoga and Animal Kingdom
Magic 2/12/99; 10/7/00; 12/18/04 (1st 10 day Christmas Cruise); 5/14/05 (1st Panama Canal Cruise); 5/12/07 (1st EB to the Med); 7/18/07 (Meditteranean); 11/17/07 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 5/10/08 (2nd WB Panama Canal Cruise);9/1/08 (5 night double-dip); 6/5/10 and 6/12/10 (Jamie's high school graduation cruise-3 weeks on the Magic!); New Year's Eve Cruise 12/29/10; 7/13/12 2 Night NY Cruise to No Where; 12/15/12 6 Night Cruise from Galveston; 6/15/13 Inaugural Cruise to Greece; 6/27/13 Inaugural Cruise to Venice 7/9/13 4 Night to Mallorca Spain; First on the Reimagined Magic 10/25/13 2 night cruise; Second on the Reimagined Magic 10/27/13 5 night cruise (displaced from 10/20); 12/18/13 (the emergency gallbladder surgery cruise); 3/28/14; 4/7/14; 6/26/14 Inaugural Cruise from Venice; 7/5/14 9 night cruise; 7/14/14 Inaugural Cruise Venice to Barcelona Wonder 3/23/00; 11/14/02; 9/4/05 (DVC Member Cruise) 9/17/06 (1st 11 Night); 10/22/06 (DVC Member Cruise); 4/5/07 (mom/dtr BD trip); 10/21/07 (DVC Member Cruise) and BTB 10/25/07; 2/28/08; 9/21/08 (DVC Member Cruise); 10/26/08 1st Don Ducky Williams Art Showcase Cruise; 4/9/09 mom/dtr BD trip); 8/13/09 (10 yr. Wonder Anniversary Cruise); 9/13/09 (DVC Member Cruise); 11/25/09 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 4/15/10 (Jamie's 18th birthday 4/16 cruise with dinner in Palo's); 4/27/11 Repo from Long Beach to Vancouver; 5/3/11 Disney's First Alaska Cruise; 8/30/11 Last Alaska Cruise for the season!; 4/29/12 First cruise to Hawaii!; Easter 4/18/14
Dream Maiden Voyage 1/26/11; 4321 Cruise 11/8/12; DVC Member Cruise 8/24/14 Fantasy Maiden Voyage 3/31/12;Birthday Cruise 5/10/14
seaulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Klomp
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaulater View Post
Yes, Shutters is busy on the last night, but what we do is buy a package at the beginning and we start looking at our pictures everyday, discarding the ones we don't want immediately.

The ones we do want we go ahead and get and keep in our stateroom, then if we change our mind, we just take the picture back and they are more than willing to switch for another one we chose at the end. This saves all the time from waiting in line.

You can also go on debarkation morning they are open until 9 a.m. I think. We have gone to pick up last minute prints that they re-printed for us because of a printing issue on the original one.

Hope that helps.
Thanks. You're talking about printed pictures. But what about a whole CD with all the pictures taken on the Cruise. Can they do that on Debarkation day as well?
Klomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
beaglefan
TX Cruiser
 
beaglefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomp View Post
Hi you all. I have a few photo questions and I hope you can help me with it.

1. Are there photographers in the Restaurants during dinner? And if they are, is this every evening or only on "special" evenings like Pirate Night and (Semi)Formal night

2. I found a schedule on the internet for CC day. It says there are photographers on the pier to take your picture with the ship. It's for just 2 hours. Are there a few photographers at the same place? To manage all the people? And is it doable to take your picture over there in this 2 hours? Which time will do best?

3. Are there any photographer with the characters on CC? Or do we have to take pictures our self?

4. And the last one. I've read that Shutters is very crowded on the last night. They will be open till 11 PM. When I go between 10 and 11 will it be crowded then?

Thanks again!
1. Just on the special nights are they in the dining rooms. Pirate and semi-formal nights for us.

2. People get off at all hours on the ship, so we never saw the line more than a couple of families deep for a picture. I can't believe some folks don't get to the island until noon, but the world is made up of different folks.

3. The same photographers are on the island taking pictures, both with characters and on the family beach too. The lines were much shorter than onboard, as people would rather be on the beach.

4. We bought the CD package, tipped $20, and the person brought our CD to dinner for us. The other time they delivered it to our room - this after waiting in line for 1+ hours the first time. Suggest a few dollars will go a long way to saving time and aggravation.
__________________


beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
CM Dad
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomp View Post
Thanks. You're talking about printed pictures. But what about a whole CD with all the pictures taken on the Cruise. Can they do that on Debarkation day as well?
We recently went on the DVC Member cruise on the Dream. I had purchased the CD and prints package online before the cruise. I went the last night to pick everything up, but saw the line and decided to go back in the morning. I think they were open from 7-9AM. There were no real lines at 7AM and I was able to get my prints and CD.
CM Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #7
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomp View Post
Thanks. You're talking about printed pictures. But what about a whole CD with all the pictures taken on the Cruise. Can they do that on Debarkation day as well?
No, you are not going to be able to order the CD on the last morning. You need to pay for that ASAP on the ship so that you can check each day to make sure that all of your printed pictures are included on your CD. They do miss some and they will only add them if you have actually purchased the CD.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #8
Klomp
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 34

Ok, but if I pre-order the cd (with all the pictures). Than it's possible to go to shutters on disembarkation day to get my cd? Do they have time to get all my photo's on the cd?

And how does that works? I pre order the cd and than they at the pictures automatically to my account true my Key to the world card?

I've read also that it can happen that some pictures are not on your card. So what best to do? Do I need to check them every day?
I'm planning to bring a small notebook so I can write down when and were my pictures are taken. So is it also possible to check them every other day?

Thank
Klomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #9
cpeters
Earning My Ears
 
cpeters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomp

I've read also that it can happen that some pictures are not on your card. So what best to do? Do I need to check them every day?
I'm planning to bring a small notebook so I can write down when and were my pictures are taken. So is it also possible to check them every other day?

Thank
ABSOLUTELY check them. If not everyday at least several times during the cruise. Not only to make sure all of yours are there, but to make sure they have not added someone else's. During our cruise (Fantasy, In February) every time wife checked there were either a few missing or someone else's pictures added to ours.
cpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #10
cpeters
Earning My Ears
 
cpeters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglefan



4. We bought the CD package, tipped $20, and the person brought our CD to dinner for us. The other time they delivered it to our room - this after waiting in line for 1+ hours the first time. Suggest a few dollars will go a long way to saving time and aggravation.
That is an OUTSTANDING idea! :-D I will definitely try this on our next Cruise. THANKS!
cpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomp View Post
Ok, but if I pre-order the cd (with all the pictures). Than it's possible to go to shutters on disembarkation day to get my cd? Do they have time to get all my photo's on the cd?

And how does that works? I pre order the cd and than they at the pictures automatically to my account true my Key to the world card?

I've read also that it can happen that some pictures are not on your card. So what best to do? Do I need to check them every day?
I'm planning to bring a small notebook so I can write down when and were my pictures are taken. So is it also possible to check them every other day?

Thank
Yes you can do that. They make the CDs the last night. As I said, you have to check often to make sure pictures in your folder are included on the CD. If you wait until the end, you are more likely to miss pictures that aren't included because there are so many.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
KimDHR
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomp View Post
Hi you all. I have a few photo questions and I hope you can help me with it.

1. Are there photographers in the Restaurants during dinner? And if they are, is this every evening or only on "special" evenings like Pirate Night and (Semi)Formal night

2. I found a schedule on the internet for CC day. It says there are photographers on the pier to take your picture with the ship. It's for just 2 hours. Are there a few photographers at the same place? To manage all the people? And is it doable to take your picture over there in this 2 hours? Which time will do best?

3. Are there any photographer with the characters on CC? Or do we have to take pictures our self?

4. And the last one. I've read that Shutters is very crowded on the last night. They will be open till 11 PM. When I go between 10 and 11 will it be crowded then?

Thanks again!
Just got back from the wonder, here is what we experienced:
1. there were for the two formal dinners and pirate night. Pirate night they took A LOT of pictures.
2 and 3. On CC there was a photographer taking pics with the boat as a backdrop. We got our kiddos off the boat kind of later in the morning because we ran the 5K. When we got off, there was no line for pictures. We also had pics with Chip n Dale right after we got off the boat (no line), and with pluto (very short line). I think this was at around 10:30 or so. Jack Sparrow was there when we got off to do the race but he was gone by the time the kids got off the boat. There were other character picture opps as well.
4. We purchased 3 prints the last night of the cruise. There are kiosks you can order from. MIne said the photos would be ready the next morning by 7am. I stopped in after the show that night and the photos were done. It was a little more crowded but not bad and I didn't really have to wait at all. However, I don't think our ship was full.

HTH!
KimDHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.