Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
dissupermom
Mouseketeer
 
dissupermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 165

here now at pop! our room has a fridge. upon check in it was explained that we may not have one, but if we needed/wanted one we could call down and one would be sent.
dissupermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
AuroraRora
Princess
 
AuroraRora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW
Well,I was unceremoniously denied.lol

Didn't feel like "fighting" them.
Unceremonious is the word, my CM went from super-friendly to super-snooty in 0.2 seconds when I mentioned I'd "heard about the credit" if there was no fridge in the room. I was ready to fight for it although I really didn't want to because I hate confrontation lol, but there was a new fridge in the room so it was a moot point. Honestly I'd have preferred the credit but oh well!
__________________
Oct '00, '02, '04 - Off-property 3 weeks each
March 06 - Spring Break
July '07 - AK Lodge 3 weeks
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #18
lmmantini
Mouseketeer
 
lmmantini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 245

Anyone have an update on when the replacements are supposed to be complete. We check in 12/4 and I'd like a refrigerator.
__________________
lmmantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
dissupermom
Mouseketeer
 
dissupermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmmantini View Post
Anyone have an update on when the replacements are supposed to be complete. We check in 12/4 and I'd like a refrigerator.
I am here now... if, upon checking into your room you don't have one, you can request that one be sent to your room. we arrived on 10/22 and there was one in the room (60's building). no issues at this time. but if you need one because your room doesn't have it when you arrive. let them know and they will bring you one
dissupermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissupermom View Post
your but if you need one because your room doesn't have it when you arrive. let them know and they will bring you one
Things may have changed since I was there 10/11-10/20,but I was told to call Housekeeping and they would bring me one-was then told by Housekeeping none were available.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,662

Time for a Disney Happy Ending.

When I returned home,I contacted Guest Communications just to advise them of the inconsistency in the "awarding" of the Fridge "credit".

I really wasn't expecting them to give me the credit-just wanted them to know it seemed "unfair" for 2 Guests to pay the exact same rate for their rooms with one Guest having a Fridge and the other Guest not having a Fridge.

GC was very apologetic and "awarded" me the Credit saying I should have received it at POP without question-that it was Policy to issue the Credit to Guests.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #22
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just East of Toronto
Posts: 7,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Time for a Disney Happy Ending.

When I returned home,I contacted Guest Communications just to advise them of the inconsistency in the "awarding" of the Fridge "credit".

I really wasn't expecting them to give me the credit-just wanted them to know it seemed "unfair" for 2 Guests to pay the exact same rate for their rooms with one Guest having a Fridge and the other Guest not having a Fridge.

GC was very apologetic and "awarded" me the Credit saying I should have received it at POP without question-that it was Policy to issue the Credit to Guests.
Good for you and congratulations! When I go to Riverside next month I either expect a fridge or a credit.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #23
friend2Figment
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northeast WI
Posts: 149

We traveled with a large group requiring 3 rooms in AB at Riverside. Wow we were the only room of the 3 that did not have a fridge. One of the other families brought their plug in cooler and let us borrow it, our food was colder than the other two rooms.
friend2Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.