Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Juniper13
Earning My Ears

Online check-in & room requests, Help!

Hi All,
I am a first time poster, so if this isn't the correct forum feel free to move.
My parents are treating the whole family to a week in WDW Dec 2013. Super excited!! The family includes mom & dad, me and my DH, my sister, her DH, her twin 5yo DS, and her 2yo DS. They booked the trip thru Boscov's travel (we are in PA) it includes chartered air, dining plan, tix, and standard room at POR. Each family has their own ressie.
I am the only one with OCD, so I am worried about a few things.
My first question is since we are booked thru TA, should we even try to request certain rooms or buildings? I am worried that the TA has a specified block of rooms and requests won't be taken. For example, we would like to be close to bus depot bc of the kids and my dad has hip issues so less walking at the resort would help a lot.
My second question, if requests are ok, is there a way to make these requests and also request that the 3 families are in relatively close buildings?? My DH and I don't mind hiking it but I know it would be easier if we were in close proximity to each other.
My last question, is online check in worth it? I am worried if we do check in online our requests (if we make them) won't be met.
Thanks sooooo much in advance !!!
Juniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

First off, hello and

What you need to do is have your travel agent have Disney link your reservations. That way Disney will know you are traveling as a group. You can also have your TA make any requests you like. I'm staying at POR this December, and that is the one request I had noted--close to a bus stop.

I have a question for you: Does your dad have enough trouble walking that he should use a wheelchair or scooter to get around WDW? WDW is huge, and it takes a lot of walking. Also the resort you are at is pretty large, so having a scooter there may be helpful as well.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper13 View Post
Hi All,
I am a first time poster, so if this isn't the correct forum feel free to move.

You're in the right spot and

Quote:
My first question is since we are booked thru TA, should we even try to request certain rooms or buildings? I am worried that the TA has a specified block of rooms and requests won't be taken.

You sure can make requests. The TA does not have a specified block of rooms. POR is one of the only resorts that still accepts faxed room requests. Check out this awesome thread that has a great fax template and instructions for you to use.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...&highlight=fax

Quote:
My second question, if requests are ok, is there a way to make these requests and also request that the 3 families are in relatively close buildings?? My DH and I don't mind hiking it but I know it would be easier if we were in close proximity to each other.

Make sure your TA links the 3 reservations together.

Quote:
My last question, is online check in worth it? I am worried if we do check in online our requests (if we make them) won't be met.
Thanks sooooo much in advance !!!
Whether you do online check in or not, has zero affect on getting your requests met. Just don't make any requests during online check in.

Make sure you check out the POR FAQ Thread here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173085
Old 10-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Juniper13
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for all of the info! My OCD can turn it down a notch now. Ha!!

I will have to call the TA and have them link the reservations.

As for my Dad, we are still debating about getting a scooter. He is going to an orthopedist (?spelling) soon and we will know more then.
Juniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I think it's easier to make a specific request on the phone than online (there are only a few options available).

Like most hotels, there is no guarantee, it's always based on availability.

But so far, I've always been lucky.

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Downtown Disney Hotel: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Universal: Royal Pacific Resort
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: