Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney is my life View Post
I did a google search and found this article: http://wdwnt.com/next-gen-memory-mak...-wait-in-line/ It sounds like it could be really cool!
Wow. That sounds fun!!!! Thx for the link
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) YES.
2) CM's have been attending training classes all this past week.
3) One HUGE, HUGE change.
4) Everyone in your party can now have rights to taking their PP+ pictures.
5) Not just the one person with the card.

EXAMPLE: A group of 100 people each can get a card and be on the same PP+ plan.
Are you sure everyone can get the + stuff? We have 4 rooms and 14 people. It would be great if that were true. We will be together most of the time but not always.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
I was worried about that as well. Time was running out for me to get the lower price so that's why I didn't wait. From what she told my TA - we are just to call Disney when it rolls out to link it. I already told my TA I will be in as soon as that happens!!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Boy, I was really wrong with my ''it might only be a name change'' haha!

This sound like a great update for Photopass!!!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #20
tealnh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoGirl View Post
Can't wait to get the details on this. I pre-ordered and already have my PP+ voucher - we arrive at WDW a week from tomorrow...
Same here exactly!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

My Mickey Mail is due to ship in the next two weeks, wonder if I will get new stuff or old stuff?

The more I think about not having to carry the card and run back and forth if we are not on the same rides, the more I am loving this!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #22
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBelleMom View Post
My Mickey Mail is due to ship in the next two weeks, wonder if I will get new stuff or old stuff?

The more I think about not having to carry the card and run back and forth if we are not on the same rides, the more I am loving this!
If you ordered PP+ on the pre purchase link they would have already sent you the voucher ahead of time. I'm a bit unclear whether this MM+ extra is going to be for PP+, for just regular PP or for all guests/onsite guests.

A side note on having PP added to your magic band rather than using the card, I'd personally not be rushing to do that just yet if the card is still an option. Several folk who have had their pics added by scanning the band instead of the card have reported photos 'gone for good' and mixed up pics from other parties on their account. It sounds like there are still glitches with the PP system functioning on the MB's. I have not had personal experience of this and am only relaying reports from the boards, so take it as you will, but read up and see how you feel about it first

Have a great trip
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
minie_meese
DIS Veteran

Our group of 9 in 3 different rooms just returned this week. We had PP+ and Magic Bands and used the MAgic Bands for photopass instead of photopass cards. We had to use the PP+ card for ride photos but all other photos but 2 were linked using one of the many magic bands. We got a card from one photographer whose Magic Band scanner was not working. All of our photos are accessible through MDE's Photopass link which sounds like it will change to Magic Memories. There is one set of 3 photos that was taken on the bridge in EPCOT going into France missing. I have a trace on it. Everyone in the group is linked into my reservation either directly or as a "friend". Most of the photos showed up in the evening they were taken. I entered the PP+ card id into my MDE photopass at the end of the first day. Once I did the ride photos from that day showed up. One oddity, I needed to enter the number a second time because photos taken after the first day didn't show up until I did. When we returned home I added boarders to many of the photos and could download the ride photos. I had to "order" the CD as a download and enter the promotion code from the PP pre-order to download all of the photos. All in all it worked pretty well. It will be great if the PP+ ride card is linked to Magic Bands.

Our next trips - Grand Floridian for Food and Wine Festival 10/8-14/14, and Norway and Iceland on the Wonder 6/29-7/10/15
minie_meese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
If you ordered PP+ on the pre purchase link they would have already sent you the voucher ahead of time. I'm a bit unclear whether this MM+ extra is going to be for PP+, for just regular PP or for all guests/onsite guests.

A side note on having PP added to your magic band rather than using the card, I'd personally not be rushing to do that just yet if the card is still an option. Several folk who have had their pics added by scanning the band instead of the card have reported photos 'gone for good' and mixed up pics from other parties on their account. It sounds like there are still glitches with the PP system functioning on the MB's. I have not had personal experience of this and am only relaying reports from the boards, so take it as you will, but read up and see how you feel about it first

Have a great trip
Oh, I had the PP+ attached to my package, so I have not received anything yet. It is either going to come with my Mickey Mail or be waiting for me at check-in.

As for the lost photos, I keep hoping that will be fixed in five weeks. I have had problems in the past (used a really old card that would not scan), so I am sure DH will insist on back-up media.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #25
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Oh that sounds awesome!! Hopefully when we Arrive on the 26 it will me rolled out!
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBelleMom View Post
Oh, I had the PP+ attached to my package, so I have not received anything yet. It is either going to come with my Mickey Mail or be waiting for me at check-in.

As for the lost photos, I keep hoping that will be fixed in five weeks. I have had problems in the past (used a really old card that would not scan), so I am sure DH will insist on back-up media.
I forgot you could now attach it to your package - that explains it. I didn't mean to play the scaremonger. Just wanted to make sure you made an informed choice. I think everyone is hoping they sort out as many of the issues as possible asap! It can only bet better
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #27
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I forgot you could now attach it to your package - that explains it. I didn't mean to play the scaremonger. Just wanted to make sure you made an informed choice. I think everyone is hoping they sort out as many of the issues as possible asap! It can only bet better
No problem - I appreciate you looking out for me! I did not know I could attach it until I called to change something and the CM offered to do it.

And yep, improving is the only option.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #28
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have a great trip
We were there last week. We used the card at the recommendation of the cm who gave it to us who said they were still having some glitches with the bands. Didn't help. I've had a group of lost photos here and there, but this time I had at least 6 groups of lost photos, and also had photos of 5 other families. It is a mess. We've used photopass every year for the last 6 years and I've never had so many issues.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
ktrask
Mouseketeer

We ordered PP+ with our package...this could be an interesting change for sure.
ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Are there any rumours that the price will increase with the changes? I was going to wait to decide if we should purchase PP+ this year, but maybe I should order it sooner.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: