Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
ncbunnie
Mouseketeer

Question Tickets/Other Questions

I could spend hours searching to find the answers to my questions, but I know that you all-knowing Disney-One-Kanobi's would be able to get me on the right path SO MUCH FASTER that I decided to just put it out there for ya…

Hope you all have your expert hats on!

Last February my extended family went to WDW. Stayed off-site and bought tickets only. We all got horribly sick while on vacation.

Disney definitely sprinkled some magic and made our passes no-expiration. I just linked up with My Disney Experience and 2 of my passes are showing 3 days remaining, 1 isn't there at all (although I entered it) and 1 for my daughter just says the information isn't available at this time.

I'm thinking the missing ticket may be my mom's. My mom won't be going to WDW again anytime soon. I think her ticket might have 1 day left (?) - So she gave me her pass to see what I could do with it. In her house it'd just sit in a drawer for years and years and rot. So I shot at it in the dark and tried to link up.

Anyway, so my questions are… with these tickets can I put the remaining days on a reservation that I make for a package? We want to visit again next February and I'm wondering if I could do my reservation with less park days and use the tickets I have to save some $$ on tickets. Would that help at all? Better yet, would they take the value of the existing days and apply to a new reservation? There has to be some way to use these days without letting them go to waste. I'm just not sure what the best way is to do that.

The answer to this stuff is going to make a huge difference on my budget. Has anyone ever tried to link up existing tickets to a new reservation with any luck? My fear is that I'll leave off the 3 existing days to our new reservation thinking we'll use the existing tickets and then something will happen and they won't work. Or even weirder, what if we get Magic bands for the next trip - am I then going to have to keep up with hard tickets and magic bands/new cards? Disney is so efficient I feel certain they have some eventuality for this kind of situation. And don't even get me started on the fear that we'll all get SICK again on vacation! (WORST thing ever for a 6 year old to be sick at Disney!)

There is a possibility we will go back in the next few years and stay in a friend's timeshare… so my other question is- if I want to upgrade the passes I have from 3 days to say, 7 days, do I have to pay the upgrade option with the no expiration, even though I didn't pay for it to begin with? (Does that make sense?) If I decided to go the timeshare route in Feb. and I wanted a 7 day pass (no park hopper, with expiration) can I upgrade the passes I have with a no expiration option that Disney added on for free (SO KIND) and not pay for a new no expiration option? Can tickets that they've adjusted like that even be upgraded?

I trust that ya'll experts are going to save me literally thousands of dollars and I'm going to be making reservations NEXT WEEK, right?
ncbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
myzel
Mouseketeer

Wow must be a big family to save thousands. To buy a "package" you must buy tickets, for 1-14 days, some require a longer ticket. RO needs no ticket purchase.

Add your NE ones whenever you want to RO or "package", does not need to be added to res..

Last edited by myzel; 10-18-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: more onfo
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Since you used the tickets already you cannot upgrade them. The no-expire option keeps then alive to use beyond 14 days after first use but doesn't allow for upgrading.

Best way to use no-expire tickets is on a trip where those tickets are all you need. Price out the tickets for your whole upcoming stay then price it out for the stay minus 3 or 1 days (however many days are left on the tickets). The difference isn't going to be that much. And IF you have a future trip thought of where the current tickets would work completely a with nothing else needed ticket-wise, it's worth thinking about.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: