Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
kwdw
DIS Veteran

Now I understand the complaining about FP+

Leaving in a few days for our next trip - and I'm trying to change our FP+ selections. But some days - I want to change ONE experience to something else at a different time. So - I want to change experience and time at the same time. BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! How dumb is that? And if I try to get totally new experiences - well - there ARE NO FP+ for Toy Story at all that day right now.... REALLY? ARGH!!! Now I get the complaining. I don't want to give up one thing without knowing in advance that what I want is available. ARGH!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwdw View Post
Now I understand the complaining about FP+
The line forms on the right.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Leaving in a few days for our next trip - and I'm trying to change our FP+ selections. But some days - I want to change ONE experience to something else at a different time. So - I want to change experience and time at the same time. BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! How dumb is that? And if I try to get totally new experiences - well - there ARE NO FP+ for Toy Story at all that day right now.... REALLY? ARGH!!! Now I get the complaining. I don't want to give up one thing without knowing in advance that what I want is available. ARGH!!!
How is that surprising? TSMM FP is the most in demand FP in all of WDW and are usually gone for the day around 10:30am. Thus I'd expect it to be the most in demand FP+. Line up at by 8:30am for RD and head straight to TSMM if you want to ride it with minimal wait.

Last edited by Q-man; 10-18-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
I don't want to give up one thing without knowing in advance that what I want is available. ARGH!!!
In this regard, you're in luck. Until you confirm a new reservation, your previous one will still be there. (Admittedly, can't say for certain that this is the case if you take the route of getting all new experiences from scratch.)
cigar95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
How is that surprising? TSMM FP is the most in demand FP in all of WDW and are usually gone for the day around 10:30am. Thus I'd expect it to be the most in demand FP+. Line up at by 8:30am and head straight to TSMM if you want to ride it with minimal wait.
~The old dated legacy FP is way better than having the opportunity to reserve a fast pass for the most popular attraction in all of WDW -- from the comfort of your home or anywhere, thus eliminating the traditional running of the bulls at DHS at rope drop and the bonus is, you don't get to choose what time to return, it could be 2 hours or 6 hours later, and that's awesome!

~Also, if you want change your "return" time with the legacy fast pass, just go back to the fast pass area and stick the ticket back in the machine - just make sure to remove the cover first. Yeah, this is way better than having my FP in advance and casually strolling right into the FP line.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

It's so annoying how you can't just SEE what is available, all at the same time, on one screen, for the three that you want, and then just pick what you want. I can't stand the "Options" "Best Option!" No, just let me see, I will pick the best option. And don't get me started on the "Fastpicks!" lol
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~The old dated legacy FP is way better than having the opportunity to reserve a fast pass for the most popular attraction in all of WDW -- from the comfort of your home or anywhere, thus eliminating the traditional running of the bulls at DHS at rope drop and the bonus is, you don't get to choose what time to return, it could be 2 hours or 6 hours later, and that's awesome!

~Also, if you want change your "return" time with the legacy fast pass, just go back to the fast pass area and stick the ticket back in the machine - just make sure to remove the cover first. Yeah, this is way better than having my FP in advance and casually strolling right into the FP line.
You may need some sarcasm emoticons with that post.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post

I could never understand why people feel so negative about "the running of the bulls at DHS". Personally it was my chance to squeeze in some cardio in the morning, and helped me feel less guilty about my afternoon Mickey bar. Seriously, if Disney really wants to motive us to make "healthy choices", forget revamping the quick service menus, just make us run from attraction to attraction. Most of us could really use the exercise.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
wdwfan757
Mouseketeer

Gotta say that I love FP+. I have fp+s for tsm, rnr, and tot on the same day. I've never been to HS without waking up at the crack. Im going to sleep in and then do breakfast at Captain's Grill. Im pumped.

Even more helpful is that I've got Soarin and Test track for the afternoon of my incoming travel day! Who knew that one day, I could get to Epcot at 2 and not have to worry about standing in the standby lines for those two.

The interface still needs a lot of work IMO, but the end product is great!
wdwfan757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
Richfield
Mouseketeer

As a solo, FP+ is the greatest thing ever. That plus single rider lines and I'm all set!
Richfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

We have magicbands for our trip in just under two weeks at DVC BLT but since we have not bought our annual passes yet, we can't book the FP+ until we get there. Here's hoping we can make good use of them.

DMIL only there first three days hoping to get her on the biggies - but we'll go at crack of dawn if we have to
Old 10-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
The line forms on the right.

I now considering MDE to be my Everest, I will conquer it.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #13
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I could never understand why people feel so negative about "the running of the bulls at DHS". Personally it was my chance to squeeze in some cardio in the morning, and helped me feel less guilty about my afternoon Mickey bar. Seriously, if Disney really wants to motive us to make "healthy choices", forget revamping the quick service menus, just make us run from attraction to attraction. Most of us could really use the exercise.
Excellent point. I did lose weight the last time I visited Disney.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #14
kwdw
DIS Veteran

Let me be a bit more specific - I did get my ToT and Toy Story FP+ as I wanted - and ORIGINALLY - the third one I wanted (Great Movie Ride) - but now our Great Movie Ride one - well - now we decided to book a lunch ADR - we would miss. So - I wanted to try to add a different FP+ at a different time - thinking we might add the one for Fantasmic or maybe RoR later in the day or ?? . But - I can't say - hey - get rid of this one entirely and show me what else is still available that day in general. I'd have to move it to a different time FIRST, and then try changing the experience. But the time I ideally want to move it to, I can't, because it's not available in that time frame. (The time frame I'd like it to be or switch to something else. That's just stupid. I should be able to say - hey - JUST give me TWO fp+ for this day. Maybe I'll add a third later based on what's left to pick from whenever. And here's more - I KNOW RoR is available at that other time where I would put my third FP - because if I "start over" as if I was going to change everything - one of the options comes up in the time frame I want. But because I can't move the Great movie Ride to that time first - I can't get one for RoR. (and now - starting over - I can't get Toy Story) ARGH!

Another example - we've got a FP+ at Epcot we have no intention of using. Got what we wanted for Test Track and Soarin. The other one is a complete waste for us. But I can't cancel just that one. I could be holding a pair of FP+ for "Epcot Character Spot" at a perfect time for another family who can't them - but I can't cancel just that one.

And the system seems to have some idea that I couldn't possible want three FP+'s that might be back to back or overlap by a couple minutes. Really - I can ride Under the Sea between 3:05-4:05 and make it to ETWB by 4:00-5:00. Really. That's totally doable. But no.... If I move one of those to a different time, I can get the opposite - so I know those times are available independently - but not in combo - it's demanding I take times farther apart. Really? Why? So I can shop in-between? Um.... no - it just makes me MAD and not excited about my trip that they are trying to plan my touring so much.

I really, really, really miss the old FP without enforced return times. That worked great for us. We'd do rope drop, get some fastpasses, chill out for a table service meal, go use our FP's in the late afternoon/evening (almost always later than the return time), watch fireworks, and then head back to the resort.

Sigh. We'll see how the trip goes!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I ran into the same cancellation issue this week. All I wanted was a Soarin FP+ and it forced me to take FP for TT & M:S also. Soarin was first, so I used that one but I tried all day to cancel the other two and I couldn't. I felt bad about it, but I had no interest in those rides and at the time, some of the other options, like SSE didn't have their FP lines open yet. For December I have booked SSE and Nemo as the other two on Epcot day as it appears as thought they might be live, at least as far as resort guests are concerned.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: