Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #16
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

My DS had the kids' steak at BOG and it wasn't good. Mine was good, but his had a lot of gristle -- it was just a lower quality/cut of beef. I don't even think Le Cellier's kids' steak is that good. If your son likes steak a lot, I don't think he'll be that impressed with kids' steaks at Disney.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you are not getting free dining, instead of buying the dining plan, put the money on a Disney Gift Card and pay for your meals with that. Then your son can get what he likes. And you can eat what you like.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinate View Post
Actually, what i'm saying is, the kids menus at Disney are horrible and need a complete remake. The mere fact that a 4 year old chooses from the same menu as a 9 year old is absurd! There should definitely be an "in between" type plan. Sure, increase the price for it! Split the difference between the kids and the adults. A 9 year old will not eat like an adult. But they will eat 3 or 4 times more than that 4 year old! A 9 year old is beyond star shaped processed chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.
I'd say that all depends on the child. My oldest niece at age 9 ate like a bird. Her brother could put away a ton of food when he was 9.

What you are finding out is that the dining plan does not work for everyone. Every family is different when it comes to what they like to eat and how much they eat. Btw, if all you are finding on kids menus is chicken nuggets and mac and cheese you need to keep looking. Disney does offer more than that, but you have to seek it out.

I think you should save yourself the stress and upgrade your child. It is a bit more, but if he eats like an adult he will be much happier, which means you will be much happier.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
Torinate
Earning My Ears

Thank you to everyone with their ideas and suggestions.

We greatly appreciate the guidance!

As for the dining plan, yes, I've done the cost analysis and we come out fairly close, although still paying more for the plan. We do like the convenience - pay up front, plan your days, etc. I know this could be achieved with a Disney card too - an idea we never thought of. I think the plan also ensures that we take the time for a nice meal - rather than just have something QS and on the go. We need that - to slow down and enjoy things...

Overthinking this... well, unfortunately, yes, you are probably 100% correct! In my profession, I tend to be the "thinking devil's advocate". It negatively carries over into my own personal venues.

I just want him to come away from the whole experience saying "WOW!"

I will post our selections and let the populous here have a look to let me know of any poor or lower choices.

Here's what we have so far: Please chime in!

Still looking for Downtown Disney - thinking (as other have mentioned) either Portobello, or Raglan Road.

So far - Mama Melrose
Boatwrights
Teppan Edo

These can all be changed - definitely open to ideas and suggestions!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
cgattis
DIS Veteran

My son's favorite kids meal steak was BOG; I tasted it and agreed. His Le Cellier steak was pathetic considering that's their specialty. It would be nice if they'd just do a small cut of good meat instead of giving the kids the really inferior cuts.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: