Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

BOG Kids Lunch

We are using the Disney Dining Plan for our December trip. Can anyone tell me if the kids meal includes a dessert? I was under the impression that all lunch and dinners included a dessert but have read a few places that this is not the case at BOG for lunch.
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
We are using the Disney Dining Plan for our December trip. Can anyone tell me if the kids meal includes a dessert? I was under the impression that all lunch and dinners included a dessert but have read a few places that this is not the case at BOG for lunch.
there are no desserts for kids at counter/quick service places, including BOG. My sister and I gave the kids all our desserts last month. DDP or OOP its the same.
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The cupcakes etc for dessert at BOG are not included in the Child's meal plan at BOG.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
princesslover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
The cupcakes etc for dessert at BOG are not included in the Child's meal plan at BOG.
Thank you for asking this question, OP! I had the same question!

Will we be able to order a cupcake for the kids OOP?
princesslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslover View Post
Thank you for asking this question, OP! I had the same question!

Will we be able to order a cupcake for the kids OOP?
Yes, you can order a cupcake for the kids and pay for it OOP
Old 11-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
there are no desserts for kids at counter/quick service places, including BOG. My sister and I gave the kids all our desserts last month. DDP or OOP its the same.
While this is technically true, it's not completely true as almost all QS restaurants offer a cookie as a SUBSTITUTE in their kids' meals. You have to request the cookie in lieu of the grapes or carrots or whatever the healthy side that is automatically included in the meal.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they have fixed the glitch that makes you have to do two separate orders if you want to use a snack credit for OOP items?
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendydagny View Post
Does anyone know if they have fixed the glitch that makes you have to do two separate orders if you want to use a snack credit for OOP items?
I don't know. I just booked for 3 adults and 1 child today and preselected our meals. I chose an entree, drink, and dessert for all of us (a kids meal for the child, and a cupcake). My check out screen says I am using 4 quick service entitlements and shows a $0 balance.
I figured it would show the cost of the cupcake, or say it was using a snack credit but it doesn't. I guess I will see when I get there?
Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
While this is technically true, it's not completely true as almost all QS restaurants offer a cookie as a SUBSTITUTE in their kids' meals. You have to request the cookie in lieu of the grapes or carrots or whatever the healthy side that is automatically included in the meal.
Thank you for this! This make me understand why I have heard some people say their kids had gotten a cupcake and others hadn't!
DS6

Old 11-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I don't know. I just booked for 3 adults and 1 child today and preselected our meals. I chose an entree, drink, and dessert for all of us (a kids meal for the child, and a cupcake). My check out screen says I am using 4 quick service entitlements and shows a $0 balance. I figured it would show the cost of the cupcake, or say it was using a snack credit but it doesn't. I guess I will see when I get there?
Yours is showing qs credits? I have the dining plan and it's showing me dollar amounts...odd.
DS6

Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yours is showing qs credits? I have the dining plan and it's showing me dollar amounts...odd.
Yes.. I remember somewhere in the process that I selected a dining plan option but I don't remember what it said or where it was exactly.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Yes.. I remember somewhere in the process that I selected a dining plan option but I don't remember what it said or where it was exactly.
Thanks. I will go back and look. I was in such a hurry to get it done I might have missed it!
DS6

Old 11-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
MI MICKEY
Earning My Ears

I have a FP+ for BOG and ordered a dessert for each of my two children who are on the kids' dining plan. When you are selecting your meals, there is a slider on the bottom right that says "Dining Plan?". Once you check it off, the dollar amounts go away and you use your credits up. For adults, it is easy to see where to select an entrée, beverage, and dessert, and they are filed under each adult's name. The strange thing is that the kids' cupcakes are not filed under their names, like the desserts for the adults. Instead they are filed under "other". I ordered two extra desserts, one for each kid. With that done, the subtotal still reads "Quick Service Entitlements 4, Additional Cost $0.00." For the heck of it, I tried to order a third extra cupcake, and it indicated "Additional Cost $3.19". So it IS tracking how many you order and comparing it to the number of credits you have.

So, I guess we will see what happens, but I am assuming I won't have to pay for the kids' cupcakes!
MI MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #14
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

BOG is a little different.

The children's menus at other CS give kids the option of choosing between two "sides" and one of those can be a dessert item if one is offered, like a cookie or ice cream. (For the most part, kids won't be able to choose adult desserts unless the restaurant has no children's menu at all.)

At BOG, the cupcakes/cream puffs are not considered part of the children's lunch menu, so kids can't order those for lunch and have them covered by DDP. The meals include applesauce, which is considered the children's dessert.

Not the same at dinner - at dinner, the kids can get a cupcake for dessert.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
MI MICKEY
Earning My Ears

Interesting. However, if this is the case, why is it allowing us to preorder desserts for the kids from the meal plan through the FP+ mechanism? Are you saying we will be charged (either via extra snack credits or cash) when we are in the restaurant, even though the online reservation confirmation states that there is no charge and only 4 quick service credits used up for 4 people?
MI MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: