Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #1036
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Jeanette - we all LOVED BC and I loved the BC/YC thread too!! With the little kids though in the heat of the summer, that 5 minute walk to Epcot WS seemed a LOT longer than it was though.
Oh I bet..probably similar to DS12 pushing my wheelchair from Hard Rock Hotel last month..poor kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Be careful out there. People lose their freakin' minds with snow on the ground -- even those who see it more often than others and should know better. In the MD/DC/VA area they used to have a volunteer service to offer rides to nurses and doctors during really bad snow so they get into work safely, do they do something like that in NJ?


BC was great to us (as usual). We were kinda dumb about not asking to switch rooms (they put us in a room with no connecting door, as we requested... but it just so happened to be next door to the service elevator). Wasn't that big of a deal with the noise until Miss M got sick and we were in the room during the day so she could sleep. The hubs went down to the front desk and they switched us right away to the third floor -- it was only a few doors down from the same room we previously had on the 4th floor but so much quieter.

The third floor is weird, too. Not weird in a bad way, just not very many rooms on that floor for some reason? At least not compared to the 4th. Maybe that's where all the deluxe rooms are. Even though both rooms overlooked the roof-top (standard view), the view of the lake and pool was quite nice, too.


Can't wait to check out F&G -- head down the end of April but only for a few days. Taking Miss M out for two days so hopefully that's not too bad for her. We remember seeing one of the flower displays they had kept up over by the WS Epcot entrance. It was so pretty -- then POW! they took it down the very next day. (Asked one of the security people and he said it takes so much maintenance and water, they can only keep them up for so long.) Now that I know they've got those food booths, oh yeeeah!

So, we decided to switch it up and go over to the YC for that stay -- need more SAB pool time since we only went once. Totally clueless on what to request since it's a lagoon view room.

...

Here I was just saying two weeks ago, "no more trips" ... that didn't last long.
It's funny the ambulance company picks up hospital staff (and local EMTs). My hospital never did that. YC you'll get a balcony!! Request high floor maybe (we saw Illuminations from our bed!!!) The second BC rooms sounds lovely. 3rd floor got it With the Pas-lettes it won't be too quiet
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #1037
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
It's funny the ambulance company picks up hospital staff (and local EMTs). My hospital never did that. YC you'll get a balcony!! Request high floor maybe (we saw Illuminations from our bed!!!) The second BC rooms sounds lovely. 3rd floor got it With the Pas-lettes it won't be too quiet
What room category did you guys book at BC? We had a wonderful standard view at BC during our first stay, even though it overlooked the Port Cochere, we got to watch Illuminations from our bed. Our mystery view (it was either a GV or water upgrade) last year was really nice too -- though a bit on the loud side since it overlooked the back entrance. Could set your watches by the leaf-blowers. Every day at like 7:30.

Oooooh, yeah... forgot about that! I guess lots of those water views at YC face Epcot. Hmmm... maybe "high floor, away from elevator, lagoon view". Or, something like that.


~~======================~~


We had a total "duh" moment during this last trip. On our MK day, it was horrendous... packed-to-the-gills crowded. Something like 8 or 9 in the crowd calendar. Large crowds make my skin itch. (So, MK on a busy day makes perfect sense right? ) When we left, we were like "nuh-uh, not going back."

Then, we decided during our weather-extension to go to MK around 6pm on one of the cold nights when it was closing at 9pm. It was GREAT! Tons of people leaving as we arrived and even more left after the 8pm Wishes. The park was so much more bearable then.

Anyway, our "duh" moment is a lesson learned. From now on, in lieu of cold weather, we will not be going to MK unless it's first thing (yeah, riiiight) or in the evening hours after mandatory naps.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #1038
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,546

For my picture loving friends I posted VGF on grand thread and the hospitality suite on the cr thread. Once dd goes back to school and I get caught up at work I should be able to do more than do a quick skim.

Had another snow day from school today. Boy this is a crazy weather year!

No trips planned so I will live though you all now
__________________
POP Century 8/11-13 then GF king deluxe RPC 8/13-14!!

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17

Last edited by trishadono; 01-10-2014 at 07:40 PM.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #1039
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,674

August park hours are out!!!! Happy planning!!!

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/p...gust2014v1.pdf
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #1040
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
What room category did you guys book at BC? We had a wonderful standard view at BC during our first stay, even though it overlooked the Port Cochere, we got to watch Illuminations from our bed. Our mystery view (it was either a GV or water upgrade) last year was really nice too -- though a bit on the loud side since it overlooked the back entrance. Could set your watches by the leaf-blowers. Every day at like 7:30.

Oooooh, yeah... forgot about that! I guess lots of those water views at YC face Epcot. Hmmm... maybe "high floor, away from elevator, lagoon view". Or, something like that.


~~======================~~


We had a total "duh" moment during this last trip. On our MK day, it was horrendous... packed-to-the-gills crowded. Something like 8 or 9 in the crowd calendar. Large crowds make my skin itch. (So, MK on a busy day makes perfect sense right? ) When we left, we were like "nuh-uh, not going back."

Then, we decided during our weather-extension to go to MK around 6pm on one of the cold nights when it was closing at 9pm. It was GREAT! Tons of people leaving as we arrived and even more left after the 8pm Wishes. The park was so much more bearable then.

Anyway, our "duh" moment is a lesson learned. From now on, in lieu of cold weather, we will not be going to MK unless it's first thing (yeah, riiiight) or in the evening hours after mandatory naps.
That's is exactly how we do MK..and we learned our lesson on how we hate crowds on out MVMCP night (why did we go at 5...SO )
We have standard view booked. I'm not requesting a balcony as the view of a rooftop...nah. Plus no balconies at Universal so we have learned to live without. My priority is connecting rooms, and just to swim in that amazing pool. I have decided to try Fantasmic this trip...A Pas first

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
For my picture loving friends I posted VGF on grand thread and the hospitality suite on the cr thread. Once dd goes back to school and I get caught up at work I should be able to do more than do a quick skim.

Had another snow day from school today. Boy this is a crazy weather year!

No trips planned so I will live though you all now
Love the pics!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
August park hours are out!!!! Happy planning!!!

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/p...gust2014v1.pdf
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:10 AM   #1041
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,005

magic I sent one PM, tried sending another...thy mailbox tis full me lady
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #1042
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,005

Help me my friends

Beach Club vs. Grand Floridian
standard rooms....

GO.....
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #1043
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Help me my friends

Beach Club vs. Grand Floridian
standard rooms....

GO.....
The Queen of Split Stays says both!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #1044
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Help me my friends Beach Club vs. Grand Floridian standard rooms.... GO.....
Hehehe. Not going to be a help there!! I say GF! ;-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #1045
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
The Queen of Split Stays says both!!!
OOOOOOHHHHHH, Mama great idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Hehehe. Not going to be a help there!! I say GF! ;-)
I am SO wanting GF!! I am asking DH, who is home with the kiddos while I am at work so he will have the ultimate decision...I feel like I am crazy. My biggest concern is the GF pools being crowded, the Poly pools may be closed and now with VGF BUT people have mentioned SAB being crowded too.
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #1046
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
OOOOOOHHHHHH, Mama great idea!!! I am SO wanting GF!! I am asking DH, who is home with the kiddos while I am at work so he will have the ultimate decision...I feel like I am crazy. My biggest concern is the GF pools being crowded, the Poly pools may be closed and now with VGF BUT people have mentioned SAB being crowded too.
SAB was crowded in September 2 years ago...but the Poly quiet pool was super nice last year during the day. We avoided the main pool. This trip (if it happens) probably won't include as much pool time...
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #1047
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Help me my friends

Beach Club vs. Grand Floridian
standard rooms....

GO.....

Pas.....this makes me laugh! I can already foresee into the future my friend. Both will be chosen then both will be changed But if you want my opinion, ya know I'm all over the GF!!! Or better yet - go with Linda's idea! A SPLIT
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #1048
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
OOOOOOHHHHHH, Mama great idea!!!

I am SO wanting GF!! I am asking DH, who is home with the kiddos while I am at work so he will have the ultimate decision...I feel like I am crazy. My biggest concern is the GF pools being crowded, the Poly pools may be closed and now with VGF BUT people have mentioned SAB being crowded too.
Of course if you do both you really should add on a couple of days says the Queen of Adding on Days! I'm no help at all!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #1049
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Of course if you do both you really should add on a couple of days says the Queen of Adding on Days! I'm no help at all!
Isn't that part of planning a Disney trip?? A day here, a day there??
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #1050
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Isn't that part of planning a Disney trip?? A day here, a day there??
That's the way I do it!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: