Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #1021
pas130
DIS Veteran

Having DISboard-drawals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ah...nothing to report, no changes made. Just was watching DH's video from our trip and wanted it back again. But I know no matter where we are it will be awesome there too.
It will be wonderful Jen! Good luck with the car shopping, I hope WDW will still fit in the budget!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Just added a one night to my stay. At a different resort. I'm counting this as a change! Hahaha! Now we'll be one night at AKL - standard view, and then six nights at Grand Floridian - RPC! Can next December get here soon enough?

Courtney
Of course it's a change! 2 fabulous resorts!! You might want at least one full day at AKL to check out the sights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Received a text from Erica that because of their flight cancellation, they are headed over to POR for two extra Disney days!!
Stranded at WDW!! YAY!! Sorry its chilly down there, but warmer than home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
pas130: I live very close to AMI.
I hope you can drop by!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I can't book anything until the last week of this month, so it will depend on availability then, but as of now it's quite possible. The only thing that bums me out is having nothing to look forward to for the rest of the year.
It will be awesome sis, and you will have day trips in the summer! Before you know it it'll be time to plan the next WDW trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Pas-I am hopelessly behind, but love your change!

Time for me to go back upstairs and check the pipes, hugs to all the friends! :
Thanks Ginny!! Now I am looking at June... Sorry about the pipes

Quote:
WOWSA! Did not see that one coming!!
Me either...DH put the kibosh on a six hour flight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Do tell!!!! Someone on my Diva FB mentioned a deal on tickets .... let me know if I need to check it out for you. I haven't looked so I don't know how good it is.
If only it was closer Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!!!!

It's 37 here and a little brrrr chilly for my blood!
That's chilly for your neck of the woods. It's 28 today and after 3-6 degrees it feels like Spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Miss M (very reluctantly, I might add, due to extreme shyness) was picked as a boat captain this afternoon on Living with the Land. Here's her fancy new hat:

I LOVE it! Way to go Miss M!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Somewhat random question...if you could have only 3 days and the fast pass rules now, would you do PH or no PH? How would you spend those 3 days? (Which parks)
no PH...I find it a waste of $$$. BUT if it were only me I may splurge...but x 7 NO WAY Epcot, MK, intentions of doing DHS but I'd probably do another Epcot day

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my RC'ing friends - I've missed you all very much!
Miss you too Marie Healing prayers for your DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Have I mentioned I hate Winter?
I see it's Shawn's birthday Love you Sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Well, after much deliberation, I finally made the "executive decision"...........

We're going back to the BC in October
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello RCers! I honestly thought my RC days were over - I was relatively decisive for WDW and DL last year, and I changed (just once) from Poly to BWI for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend next month. But I'm back to resort indecision, and thought someone might be willing to throw in two cents! Please help!

We have APs, so I'm considering a surprise WDW overnight while we're visiting my parents in Florida. Drive to WDW on Monday, DHS in the morning, swim break in the afternoon, Epcot for dinner. Tuesday morning, MK and then head back to the beach. I would take the kids on my own, so all levels of resorts are available to us. Poly and GF are sold out of our dates, and CR CL is available, but I'm not loving the current price. So I'm all over the map:

BWI - CL or not. Staying BWI CL next month and again next year. Really love it. So easy, great location, etc. A clear second favorite for our kids (our two teens rank Poly first and 7-year-old ranks BC first.) BWI is one place we can all agree on. Thought about non-CL to save $$, but if we stay there, I'll probably book CL. Or maybe not. I don't know. Really love that boardwalk view when staying CL - it's only a request, but when it's granted, it's such an amazing value. But maybe we should mix it up a little more.

BC: Our youngest loves it, but only CL rooms are available. If a standard non-CL room were available, I think I would be sold. I'm a bit meh on CL there right now (but renovations coming soon!) and we're likely to stay there for part of a split in 2015. On the other hand, the pool is wonderful and the location is amazing.

WL: Good price. Haven't been there in quite a few years. Love the boat to MK. Love the fondue at the Territory Lounge. Harder to get back for an afternoon break. Would only book non-CL because the price of CL there is close to BWI CL.

AKL: Also a good price. Don't love animals, but do love the lobby and the theming is impressive. Not excited about the bus, and may not make it back for an afternoon break. Again, would only book non-CL there, because the price there is so close to BWI CL. I sort of feel like it's in better condition than WL.

POR Royal Room: Super good price. POR is the only mod we have not yet tried. On one hand, our boys have mentioned in the past that a royal room could be fun. On the other hand, we were at POFQ for a short stay two years ago and while we had a great time and thought it was a great mod, we really missed deluxe.

We've stayed at all of the places on my list except for POR, so it's not even as if I don't know what most of them will be like! Just entirely indecisive - any opinions to share?
back! RCing never goes away, just hides! Why not try the Royal room?
That said...I love location. WL is freshly refurbished and a boat ride from MK...and you love the Epcot area..oh boy, I am not helping...For the one day you will do Epcot and DHS...I would stay in the Epcot area

Quote:
Booking a GF room for July!! Not sure it will for sure happen, BUT I wanted the chance...

7/11-7/14
YAY!! So happy for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Pas ... glad to hear you're back with the school thing One day at a time You can do this for sure! And just think....you have Disney in the future

If I can get through 2014, 2015 my graduation will be in Jacksonville!!!

Quote:
And ladies we are 9 days into the new year ... will this new trend of our RC queen last? (or should I say how long??)
Following your lead BFF And I am not sure if I want good rates or not for June
Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #1022
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks to mousemommy, heather, janet and jeanette, I'm closing in on a decision (for now, at least!) I'm VERY inspired by heather's POR trip report and jeanette's enthusiastic suggestion! I think we're going to skip the resort time in the afternoon and just have a day and a half of park time. Which means I'm leaning more towards the POR royal room. Fun to try, great price, completely different from our other stays. In fact, I booked it . . . at least for now! But janet makes such an excellent point about the Epcot resort area - so easy for the day at Epcot/DHS. The music, the balcony, the atmosphere, the interior hallways, no bus . . . With AP discount, it's POR royal/garden view for $204 and BWI standard for $358. I'll have to keep thinking about this . . . and will continue to solicit advice from all!

So happy to see everyone here again - can't catch up, but I did take a look at all the fabulous trips you all have planned! Happy to see Grumpy is heading to DL shortly! Just love GCH - rented a cabana there last summer and it was wonderful!! We'll be in Newport again at the end of this month, but no DL this time.

And for those with frozen pipes, I'm with you!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #1023
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies! So far behind, thanks for the encouraging words for our trip! Think we will be good, just nixing any other big trips for this year though.

DH and I are heading out for a day together tomorrow to hunt for a vehicle. Looking forward to it. Any word from Erica? Hoping they made it home safely.

Hugs to all! An extra big hug for you Sheila.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #1024
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

How does the FastPass for lunch at BOG work?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #1025
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Sheila: Sending love and a big to you.

Koh: Will add your GF trip to the List.

Pixarmom: Congrats! POR RR will be awesome! What your dates? Will be good to see your name on the RC list! (remember, it's not binding. )

Jen, oh good news for March! Hoping today's excursion nets you a great deal. (I hate shopping for cars myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Following your lead BFF And I am not sure if I want good rates or not for June
well I haven't emailed her ... yet.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #1026
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How does the FastPass for lunch at BOG work?
Koh1977, I'm only posting based on what I've read and tried so far - I have not yet actually secured a BOG FP for lunch yet. Based on what I've read, you go to the BOG website: beourguestlunch.disney.go.com. It will allow you to log in and select a day for a BOG FP. I've been able to get that far, and the site "knows" that we have a resort reservation for February. But when I try to actually reserve a FP for one of our February days, it says no FP are available. BUT on another thread, posters report that's because it's too early - that FP times will open up for February soon, but that for now, it just says "not available." I'm just experimenting with it for February, but I would really like a BOG FP for our quick March visit!

Sheila, just wanted to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers today.

Quote:
Pixarmom: Congrats! POR RR will be awesome! What your dates? Will be good to see your name on the RC list! (remember, it's not binding. )
Thanks, Janet! I've gone back and forth between POR RR and BWI a million times already today. At least I've paid the lesser of the two deposit amounts while I continue to waffle!

So our dates for February are Feb. 20-23 BWI CL (cannot pull me away from there for the Princess Half Marathon!) and March will be March 31-April 1 POR RR (or BWI.) Next year is an entirely new ballgame - I'm running the full marathon in January 2015 (translation: BWI CL), but we'll also be there during our youngest's birthday (translation: BC CL), and our teens will forever lobby for their favorite (translation: Poly CL.) Looks like another split stay in our future, but one at a time, right?
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #1027
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I think I may have my BFF and her family on board to go with us!!

And I will broach the subject with DH after this hell week is over for him...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 01-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #1028
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday, ladies.

Sheila: Sending you gentle hugs.

Jeanette: Hope you're able to catch some relaxation time in between school and home and work! DL still on the horizon or have I missed some recent changes?! Oh, yes... yes I have. No DL now. DOH!

Janet: I'm torn with whether to have you add our April dates to the list or not. Don't wanna jinx it. (Especially now after just having looked at the credit card statement. )

Dani: Are you definitely booking at the end of the month?

Jen: News on a new ride? Thanks for checking in on me.

Melissa: Did you see the allergy food kiosk at Animal Kingdom when you guys last went? I'm sure you already have. I just noticed it for the first time this past week. (I think they serve Babycakes stuff there.)

Candace: Will you be able to escape having to babysit the boss? BFFs are one thing but bosses? UGH!

Ginny: ACK! Sorry about the frozen pipes. Knockin' on wood here. We were so lucky not to have come home to any craziness like that.

Heather: It's always so nice to see you around! And lovin' the pics as always.

Koh: Sweet ressie! Hope you get the go-ahead on the BFF joining you guys.

Marie: to you guys.

Pixar: We just got back Wednesday from POR -- it's as lovely as always! We didn't have the RR like we did the first time we stayed there but we were in the mansions section. Even in the colder weather, it's still quite convenient to the bus stop and the main building. Our room was well-maintained. The shower/bath was actually in nicer condition than our BC rooms'.

Mommyrosa2: BC for F&W, sounds like a great plan to me!

Thanks for all the compliments on Miss M's pic.

Sorry to any of you that I've missed...

~~==============================~~

This house is a total, certified WRECK! With all the Christmas junk still up and all the stuff from the trip, I might get it cleared out by springtime.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #1029
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RCers,

Happy Friday!
Our pipes are all unfrozen, good news. There is tons of snow everywhere. The weather will be warmer for the next few days, its all good! I need to get busy and map out our plans for 2014. We want to see the kids, visit WDW, you know, the usual stuff.

Shiela,Sending gentle hugs your way.
I hope your pipes are thawed. Thinking of you.

Janet-I might have a tweak on my fall dates, will let you know. Good think that list of yours isnt binding. Did Kook lend you one of her erasable quills?

Jen-Have fun shopping, hope you get a great deal.

Pas-June is beautiful at WDW. Will stay tuned!

Koh-Hooray for your GF booking!

Marie-Glad to hear your dh is recovering. A possible trip to Bora Bora? Sounds fabulous!

Miss- Loved the photo of Miss M. So cute!

Mommyrosa2-BC in Oct is a great choice. Youll love food and wine.

Have a great weekend all! Hugs!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #1030
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Friday, ladies.

Sheila: Sending you gentle hugs.

Jeanette: Hope you're able to catch some relaxation time in between school and home and work! DL still on the horizon or have I missed some recent changes?! Oh, yes... yes I have. No DL now. DOH!

Janet: I'm torn with whether to have you add our April dates to the list or not. Don't wanna jinx it. (Especially now after just having looked at the credit card statement. )

Dani: Are you definitely booking at the end of the month?

Jen: News on a new ride? Thanks for checking in on me.

Melissa: Did you see the allergy food kiosk at Animal Kingdom when you guys last went? I'm sure you already have. I just noticed it for the first time this past week. (I think they serve Babycakes stuff there.)

Candace: Will you be able to escape having to babysit the boss? BFFs are one thing but bosses? UGH!

Ginny: ACK! Sorry about the frozen pipes. Knockin' on wood here. We were so lucky not to have come home to any craziness like that.

Heather: It's always so nice to see you around! And lovin' the pics as always.

Koh: Sweet ressie! Hope you get the go-ahead on the BFF joining you guys.

Marie: to you guys.

Pixar: We just got back Wednesday from POR -- it's as lovely as always! We didn't have the RR like we did the first time we stayed there but we were in the mansions section. Even in the colder weather, it's still quite convenient to the bus stop and the main building. Our room was well-maintained. The shower/bath was actually in nicer condition than our BC rooms'.

Mommyrosa2: BC for F&W, sounds like a great plan to me!

Thanks for all the compliments on Miss M's pic.

Sorry to any of you that I've missed...

~~==============================~~

This house is a total, certified WRECK! With all the Christmas junk still up and all the stuff from the trip, I might get it cleared out by springtime.
Nothing is definite for me. It's a definite maybe lol
Old 01-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #1031
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Thanks to mousemommy, heather, janet and jeanette, I'm closing in on a decision (for now, at least!) I'm VERY inspired by heather's POR trip report and jeanette's enthusiastic suggestion! I think we're going to skip the resort time in the afternoon and just have a day and a half of park time. Which means I'm leaning more towards the POR royal room. Fun to try, great price, completely different from our other stays. In fact, I booked it . . . at least for now! But janet makes such an excellent point about the Epcot resort area - so easy for the day at Epcot/DHS. The music, the balcony, the atmosphere, the interior hallways, no bus . . . With AP discount, it's POR royal/garden view for $204 and BWI standard for $358. I'll have to keep thinking about this . . . and will continue to solicit advice from all!
And I am happy to have you back...and always happy to help

Quote:
Hi ladies! So far behind, thanks for the encouraging words for our trip! Think we will be good, just nixing any other big trips for this year though.

We are not getting a refund back this year, I made too much money Where is all this money I made So we dropped our CL. DH reminded me that we essentially ate nothing from YC CL except morning cereal and he can get 6pk soda for 99 cents Ok I get it

Quote:

well I haven't emailed her ... yet.
But you will And meanwhile poor sis is thanking her lucky stars she is not my TA. I'd be at her house...sis I was thinking...
Quote:
I think I may have my BFF and her family on board to go with us!!
COOL! Good luck with hubs!

Quote:
Jeanette: Hope you're able to catch some relaxation time in between school and home and work! DL still on the horizon or have I missed some recent changes?! Oh, yes... yes I have. No DL now.
No DL it was a plan for a few hours... Welcome back! Still August...still BC, no CL (was at at BC when you left )

Quote:
Happy Friday!
Our pipes are all unfrozen, good news. There is tons of snow everywhere. The weather will be warmer for the next few days, its all good! I need to get busy and map out our plans for 2014. We want to see the kids, visit WDW, you know, the usual stuff.
Glad you are thawing out. Today is a mess with slush and ice...Katie told us it was gonna snow, she is right. That blond-beauty of mine is turning out to be quite the prophet...some of the things she comes out with, it's amazing. My 7 year old voice of reason.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #1032
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi RCers,

Happy Friday!

Miss- Loved the photo of Miss M. So cute!
Exciting plans afoot. Glad the pipes are all sorted out now. Eesh, what a headache. They finally plowed our street last night from all that snow we had over the weekend. Well, isn't that handy now that it's going to warm up?

Quote:
That should be our thread motto. RCers: Definitely Maybe. I'll be doing some of this while we wait:

Quote:
No DL it was a plan for a few hours... Welcome back! Still August...still BC, no CL (was at at BC when you left )

Glad you are thawing out. Today is a mess with slush and ice...Katie told us it was gonna snow, she is right. That blond-beauty of mine is turning out to be quite the prophet...some of the things she comes out with, it's amazing. My 7 year old voice of reason.
That's a record for you! BC still?!

Did the kids get off school with the snow or just delayed?

~~============================~~

Who here has visited during the Flower & Garden? I can't keep track with everyone going at all different times of the year. Jen, y'all went last year, right? How was it?

I don't really want to get my hopes up but if we keep this ressie for Miss M's birthday, the sound of the food and drink kiosks have me all excited! Like F&W all over again.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #1033
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a record for you! BC still?!

Did the kids get off school with the snow or just delayed?

~~============================~~

Who here has visited during the Flower & Garden? I can't keep track with everyone going at all different times of the year. Jen, y'all went last year, right? How was it?

I don't really want to get my hopes up but if we keep this ressie for Miss M's birthday, the sound of the food and drink kiosks have me all excited! Like F&W all over again.
I LOVE the idea of F&G!! I've tried...unsuccessfully! I hope it works out, as Miss M gets older, she won't be able to miss school...we have standardized testing in May

It IS a record..and I am really getting excited. I also make a point to hang out on the BC thread. I LOVE WL and GF...BUT this is a great rate, and it's something different for everyone too!!
No delays..just a mess on the roads

SOOOOOO where are you staying in May????

Quote:
And that's a definite
Old 01-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #1034
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Jeanette - we all LOVED BC and I loved the BC/YC thread too!! With the little kids though in the heat of the summer, that 5 minute walk to Epcot WS seemed a LOT longer than it was though.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #1035
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I LOVE the idea of F&G!! I've tried...unsuccessfully! I hope it works out, as Miss M gets older, she won't be able to miss school...we have standardized testing in May

It IS a record..and I am really getting excited. I also make a point to hang out on the BC thread. I LOVE WL and GF...BUT this is a great rate, and it's something different for everyone too!!
No delays..just a mess on the roads

SOOOOOO where are you staying in May????
Be careful out there. People lose their freakin' minds with snow on the ground -- even those who see it more often than others and should know better. In the MD/DC/VA area they used to have a volunteer service to offer rides to nurses and doctors during really bad snow so they get into work safely, do they do something like that in NJ?

BC was great to us (as usual). We were kinda dumb about not asking to switch rooms (they put us in a room with no connecting door, as we requested... but it just so happened to be next door to the service elevator). Wasn't that big of a deal with the noise until Miss M got sick and we were in the room during the day so she could sleep. The hubs went down to the front desk and they switched us right away to the third floor -- it was only a few doors down from the same room we previously had on the 4th floor but so much quieter.

The third floor is weird, too. Not weird in a bad way, just not very many rooms on that floor for some reason? At least not compared to the 4th. Maybe that's where all the deluxe rooms are. Even though both rooms overlooked the roof-top (standard view), the view of the lake and pool was quite nice, too.

Can't wait to check out F&G -- head down the end of April but only for a few days. Taking Miss M out for two days so hopefully that's not too bad for her. We remember seeing one of the flower displays they had kept up over by the WS Epcot entrance. It was so pretty -- then POW! they took it down the very next day. (Asked one of the security people and he said it takes so much maintenance and water, they can only keep them up for so long.) Now that I know they've got those food booths, oh yeeeah!

So, we decided to switch it up and go over to the YC for that stay -- need more SAB pool time since we only went once. Totally clueless on what to request since it's a lagoon view room.

Here I was just saying two weeks ago, "no more trips" ... that didn't last long.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: