Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #1006
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hi there!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello! School started back yesterday so we're all still a little out of the loop. Hope everyone is staying warm....even South Georgia is chilly willy! How about a cold 16 degrees this morning!! Crazy for us (of course this doesn't compare to those negatives I saw on the news!! )

Wish I had time to post back to everyone, but just not enough time in the day.

Heather

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:07 AM   #1007
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Whoa, DL?! Oooooooo. Jeanette, can't wait to hear all about the plans!

Hope all of you guys are staying warm up yonder. Poor Marie has the absolute worst of it.

Deena, I promise, it'll warm up as soon as we leave.

Jen: Seriously, I'd be tempted to stay... except we miss our pupster.

Miss M (very reluctantly, I might add, due to extreme shyness) was picked as a boat captain this afternoon on Living with the Land. Here's her fancy new hat:

Miss: I love it! She looks adorable. Hope you make it home ok, let us know how it all works out.

Well, again our March trip is looking a wee bit in danger. DH and I have decided 'finally' that we need a second car. Yes I know, get the the program right? But he has always had his work truck, but as a cost saving measure all supervisors have lost the benefit of taking their trucks home. I am literally a 5 minute walk from my work. He also bikes to his in the summer so we have never felt we needed a second. But with this winter temps, and the kids needing to get to the Dr every other day it seems, it has turned into a real debacle.

So off we go to look for something. It is about time I suppose. Darn, it was so money saving while it lasted!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #1008
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Oh I think I would do BC if I were you. So close to Epcot and easy access for stumbling back to your resort. If you had have stayed there then you know you like it right??

BTW jealous of your adults only trip!
DH really doesn't want to stay at the BC again...he's in that "been there, done that" mentality (which is usually a first for him). Last night, he was pushing CSR because of the lounge but I can't help leaning towards the CR. I do have a hold on a std vw room in the garden wing, but now I can't help but think I should switch it to a garden view....ugh! This budget trip keeps rising s-l-o-w-l-y and I really can't make a decision

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #1009
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Morning all!

Deena, Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RCers,
It's another day in what feels like Antarctica. DH had a snow day yesterday, so that was nice.
It's bitter cold today, and quite windy.
Sending stay warm wishes to all the friends that are dealing with this miserable cold.
I spent most of last night and today dealing with some frozen pipes. Fun, fun, fun!
Ginny, so sorry about the frozen pipes hoping that you are able to get this situation fixed asap. for snow days...Stay warm and cuddle up with DH..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I have done lost my mind School started back up yesterday, sorry I have been MIA not to mention back on my diet

Sooooo, after getting an offer for a cheap flight to LAX, and checking the website...guess who wants to go to Disneyland

I gotta get back to my schoolwork, 35 minutes on the phone with DL

Sorry that DL was short lived....but with no WDW changes and a non-refundable deposit on the beach, things are looking good for August.. hang in there ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Miss M (very reluctantly, I might add, due to extreme shyness) was picked as a boat captain this afternoon on Living with the Land. Here's her fancy new hat:

Miss, Love the pic of Miss M.! Both chic and shipshape rolled up in one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Well, again our March trip is looking a wee bit in danger. DH and I have decided 'finally' that we need a second car. Yes I know, get the the program right? But he has always had his work truck, but as a cost saving measure all supervisors have lost the benefit of taking their trucks home. I am literally a 5 minute walk from my work. He also bikes to his in the summer so we have never felt we needed a second. But with this winter temps, and the kids needing to get to the Dr every other day it seems, it has turned into a real debacle.

So off we go to look for something. It is about time I suppose. Darn, it was so money saving while it lasted!!
Jen hoping you are able to find a great deal on a used car to be able to fit both the car/trip in the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
DH really doesn't want to stay at the BC again...he's in that "been there, done that" mentality (which is usually a first for him). Last night, he was pushing CSR because of the lounge but I can't help leaning towards the CR. I do have a hold on a std vw room in the garden wing, but now I can't help but think I should switch it to a garden view....ugh! This budget trip keeps rising s-l-o-w-l-y and I really can't make a decision
mommyrosa2, Would you consider YC or BWI if the RO is avail for those resorts? And have you thought about checking out the Swan/Dolphin? They tend to offer good deals for F&W.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #1010
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my RC'ing friends - I've missed you all very much! Sorry I've been a tad MIA, it's been a hectic holiday with DMIL/FIL down for the holidays -- very nice to see them, it was a 2 week visit that went well this time, so all is good

With this bitter cold, I've been dreaming of the beautiful warm temps we had on our December getaway! Although I wouldn't go again in December, I found it very crowded to what I'm used too -- I had a wonderful time and really loved meeting so many of our RCer friends!!! I especially loved the private showing of Osbourne Lights we went too, it was spectacular and spoiled me for seeing Osbourne Lights any other way!!! I can't imagine how crowed it would have been with the general public! it was a highlight of my trip. I am dreaming of when I can get back again already! It probably wouldn't be until January 2015 -- but even that could be tight due to finances and all the stuff we are trying to pay off.

DH would like for us to go on a trip together just the two of us to someplace like Bora Bora -- it's something I'm considering, but I already promised my DS17/ almost 18 - Andrew that I'd take him and his GF on a grad trip to Disney. With his hopes of joining the military, who knows when that will take place....

DH is recovering from his joint replacement surgery which happened last minute, the 2 days after I left for Disney! He's healing well, although not quite ready for full blown physio yet. Hoping this is the year he heals and we can see about him getting back to work or else on another career path... so much is still up in the air. He has been told by the crown that he will need to go to court in September for the trial of the inmates who shot him, at least there is not going to be a preliminary hearing, it will go straight to trial and they are hoping to put these guys away for a long long time!

Well, life is back to the grind, no trips on the horizon for me, but I will live through you all that have Disney trips to look forward too! Hopefully it won't be too long before I get back to my happy place. I'd love one more trip with my boys and hubby, and their girlfriends.... hope to be able to make that happen sometime next winter if possible.

Keep warm and safe my friends!!

Marie to you all

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #1011
pas130
DIS Veteran

Full throttle schoolwork my lovelies

NO CHANGES TO REPORT

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #1012
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Miss love the pic of DD

Ginny I feel your frozen pipes pain was working with mine all day too

Have I mentioned I hate Winter?

Stay Warm and safe my friends

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #1013
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

mommyrosa2, Would you consider YC or BWI if the RO is avail for those resorts? And have you thought about checking out the Swan/Dolphin? They tend to offer good deals for F&W.
Well, after much deliberation, I finally made the "executive decision"...........

We're going back to the BC in October !!

Just makes the most sense since we plan to really partake in F&W and if we decide to "indulge" a little more than normal, well....at least we won't have to worry about how we're getting back to our room

With these brutal temperatures, I wish I was there now

Stay warm everyone!!

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #1014
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hello RCers! I honestly thought my RC days were over - I was relatively decisive for WDW and DL last year, and I changed (just once) from Poly to BWI for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend next month. But I'm back to resort indecision, and thought someone might be willing to throw in two cents! Please help!

We have APs, so I'm considering a surprise WDW overnight while we're visiting my parents in Florida. Drive to WDW on Monday, DHS in the morning, swim break in the afternoon, Epcot for dinner. Tuesday morning, MK and then head back to the beach. I would take the kids on my own, so all levels of resorts are available to us. Poly and GF are sold out of our dates, and CR CL is available, but I'm not loving the current price. So I'm all over the map:

BWI - CL or not. Staying BWI CL next month and again next year. Really love it. So easy, great location, etc. A clear second favorite for our kids (our two teens rank Poly first and 7-year-old ranks BC first.) BWI is one place we can all agree on. Thought about non-CL to save $$, but if we stay there, I'll probably book CL. Or maybe not. I don't know. Really love that boardwalk view when staying CL - it's only a request, but when it's granted, it's such an amazing value. But maybe we should mix it up a little more.

BC: Our youngest loves it, but only CL rooms are available. If a standard non-CL room were available, I think I would be sold. I'm a bit meh on CL there right now (but renovations coming soon!) and we're likely to stay there for part of a split in 2015. On the other hand, the pool is wonderful and the location is amazing.

WL: Good price. Haven't been there in quite a few years. Love the boat to MK. Love the fondue at the Territory Lounge. Harder to get back for an afternoon break. Would only book non-CL because the price of CL there is close to BWI CL.

AKL: Also a good price. Don't love animals, but do love the lobby and the theming is impressive. Not excited about the bus, and may not make it back for an afternoon break. Again, would only book non-CL there, because the price there is so close to BWI CL. I sort of feel like it's in better condition than WL.

POR Royal Room: Super good price. POR is the only mod we have not yet tried. On one hand, our boys have mentioned in the past that a royal room could be fun. On the other hand, we were at POFQ for a short stay two years ago and while we had a great time and thought it was a great mod, we really missed deluxe.

We've stayed at all of the places on my list except for POR, so it's not even as if I don't know what most of them will be like! Just entirely indecisive - any opinions to share?
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #1015
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Booking a GF room for July!! Not sure it will for sure happen, BUT I wanted the chance... :-)

7/11-7/14
Old 01-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #1016
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello RCers! I honestly thought my RC days were over - I was relatively decisive for WDW and DL last year, and I changed (just once) from Poly to BWI for the Princess Half Marathon Weekend next month. But I'm back to resort indecision, and thought someone might be willing to throw in two cents! Please help!

We have APs, so I'm considering a surprise WDW overnight while we're visiting my parents in Florida. Drive to WDW on Monday, DHS in the morning, swim break in the afternoon, Epcot for dinner. Tuesday morning, MK and then head back to the beach. I would take the kids on my own, so all levels of resorts are available to us. Poly and GF are sold out of our dates, and CR CL is available, but I'm not loving the current price. So I'm all over the map:

BWI - CL or not. Staying BWI CL next month and again next year. Really love it. So easy, great location, etc. A clear second favorite for our kids (our two teens rank Poly first and 7-year-old ranks BC first.) BWI is one place we can all agree on. Thought about non-CL to save $$, but if we stay there, I'll probably book CL. Or maybe not. I don't know. Really love that boardwalk view when staying CL - it's only a request, but when it's granted, it's such an amazing value. But maybe we should mix it up a little more.

BC: Our youngest loves it, but only CL rooms are available. If a standard non-CL room were available, I think I would be sold. I'm a bit meh on CL there right now (but renovations coming soon!) and we're likely to stay there for part of a split in 2015. On the other hand, the pool is wonderful and the location is amazing.

WL: Good price. Haven't been there in quite a few years. Love the boat to MK. Love the fondue at the Territory Lounge. Harder to get back for an afternoon break. Would only book non-CL because the price of CL there is close to BWI CL.

AKL: Also a good price. Don't love animals, but do love the lobby and the theming is impressive. Not excited about the bus, and may not make it back for an afternoon break. Again, would only book non-CL there, because the price there is so close to BWI CL. I sort of feel like it's in better condition than WL.

POR Royal Room: Super good price. POR is the only mod we have not yet tried. On one hand, our boys have mentioned in the past that a royal room could be fun. On the other hand, we were at POFQ for a short stay two years ago and while we had a great time and thought it was a great mod, we really missed deluxe.

We've stayed at all of the places on my list except for POR, so it's not even as if I don't know what most of them will be like! Just entirely indecisive - any opinions to share?
WL had a full resort rehab in 2012, so AKL might not be in "better condition than WL". The new rooms are so nice IMHO.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #1017
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
WL had a full resort rehab in 2012, so AKL might not be in "better condition than WL". The new rooms are so nice IMHO.
That's a good point! We stayed there pre-renovation, and I hadn't thought about that. I definitely prefer the WL theme, location and transportation options. Based on that reminder, I think I'll take AKL off the list. You're helping already - thank you!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #1018
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good evening ladies!!

Jen ... good luck with the car search. I know that can be stressful. Something will come y'alls way

Miss ... love that pic!!! Way cute!!!

Marie ... nice to "see" you again. Bora Bora sounds like heaven!!! Hope all goes well with your hubby and his recovery.

Pas ... glad to hear you're back with the school thing One day at a time You can do this for sure! And just think....you have Disney in the future

pixar ... holy cow!!! That's a tough decision. I'm with Candace on the WL...she has a good point. Of course AKL was just a fabulous resort for our family, too. And POR Royal room was perfect for our kids. I can see I'm no help And good luck with the Half!!!

Koh ... for GF!!! Great choice!

Janet, Candance, mommyrosa ... Howdy!

Off to bed! Early to rise, that's me Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Heather

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #1019
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Afternoon all!

Hi Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my RC'ing friends - I've missed you all very much! Sorry I've been a tad MIA, it's been a hectic holiday with DMIL/FIL down for the holidays -- very nice to see them, it was a 2 week visit that went well this time, so all is good
Hi Marie! You're been busy!! Good to read that Alan's recovery is going well. We have missed you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Full throttle schoolwork my lovelies

NO CHANGES TO REPORT
And ladies we are 9 days into the new year ... will this new trend of our RC queen last? (or should I say how long??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Miss love the pic of DD

Ginny I feel your frozen pipes pain was working with mine all day too

Have I mentioned I hate Winter?

Stay Warm and safe my friends
you too Sheila!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Well, after much deliberation, I finally made the "executive decision"...........

We're going back to the BC in October !!

Just makes the most sense since we plan to really partake in F&W and if we decide to "indulge" a little more than normal, well....at least we won't have to worry about how we're getting back to our room
congrats!! and yes BC is within "stumbling" distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hi Pixarmom! So nice to see you! Since you asked &. Here is my .2 cents.

The trip is 2 days parks, one night, correct?

First choice would be an Epcot resort for convenience to HS/Epcot on your arrival day. (Other option WL as its beautiful and closes to MK .. plus you can't stay in one room when DH comes too.) For one night, even though AKL is impressive and POR is gorgeous, Ill stick with your fav minus the CL to save $$ since you love it, close to two parks and its for one night. BC would be great too if you can nab a non CL room.

Easy to then drive to MK next day, park at TTC , then leave directly from there to head to the beach.

Welcome back to all the Waffling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Booking a GF room for July!! Not sure it will for sure happen, BUT I wanted the chance... :-)

7/11-7/14
Awesome Crystal!! (and you know you can always makes changes)

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 01-09-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #1020
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Afternoon all! Hi Heather Hi Marie! You're been busy!! Good to read that Alan's recovery is going well. We have missed you too! And ladies we are 9 days into the new year ... will this new trend of our RC queen last? (or should I say how long??) you too Sheila! congrats!! and yes BC is within "stumbling" distance Hi Pixarmom! So nice to see you! Since you asked &. Here is my .2 cents. The trip is 2 days parks, one night, correct? First choice would be an Epcot resort for convenience to HS/Epcot on your arrival day. (Other option WL as its beautiful and closes to MK .. plus you can't stay in one room when DH comes too.) For one night, even though AKL is impressive and POR is gorgeous, Ill stick with your fav minus the CL to save $$ since you love it, close to two parks and its for one night. BC would be great too if you can nab a non CL room. Easy to then drive to MK next day, park at TTC , then leave directly from there to head to the beach. Welcome back to all the Waffling!! Awesome Crystal!! (and you know you can always makes changes)
No changes for me, unless I cancel completely! :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: