Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #991
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Miss M is on the mend. The ibuprofen has been doing the trick in keeping the fever down (though I wound up sleeping in the bed with her last night because I was paranoid. Yay for being a human punching bag. ) We're over in the mansions section of POR... just love this resort. Glad we got our swimming in yesterday. It's a breezy 47°F here in Orlando. And, that's supposed to be the high for tomorrow! Good thing we packed all our winter weather accoutrements; I was decked out in my wool beret, gloves and scarf on the walk over to POFQ. (I might freeze to death when we return to the frozen tundra.) Book the cruise, Dani... book eeeet. I'm so far behind there's no hope for me to catch up but I'll do my best once we're back in Chitown. to all you gals.
Yes, 47 is still considerably warmer than the snowy, cold Illinois flatlands! :-) I believe today was one of the coldest in history up there in Chitown. glad you missed it! Safe travels on your return trip!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #992
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Please everyone stay warm today!!!! it is -25 degress celcius BEFORE the windchill, -40 with it here. Debating on keeping the kids home from school, they are open though.

Miss: I vote stay in Florida!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #993
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Yes, 47 is still considerably warmer than the snowy, cold Illinois flatlands! :-) I believe today was one of the coldest in history up there in Chitown. glad you missed it! Safe travels on your return trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Please everyone stay warm today!!!! it is -25 degress celcius BEFORE the windchill, -40 with it here. Debating on keeping the kids home from school, they are open though.

Miss: I vote stay in Florida!!!
Ugh, so cold here too.....stay warm!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #994
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So they have a handful of GF rooms at the great rate left...do I snag one just in case? Or do I not worry about it since there's a good chance I won't be able to use it?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 01-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #995
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RCers,
It's another day in what feels like Antarctica. DH had a snow day yesterday, so that was nice.
It's bitter cold today, and quite windy.
Sending stay warm wishes to all the friends that are dealing with this miserable cold.
I spent most of last night and today dealing with some frozen pipes. Fun, fun, fun!

Miss-Sure wish the weather was warmer for you. Hope you're having some yummy dinners. Enjoy your extra days!

Pas-I am hopelessly behind, but love your change!

Jenny-I know what you mean about BWI. We stay other places, and then we always return. It's like home to us.

Janet-Glad you've got some warmer weather headed your way.

Time for me to go back upstairs and check the pipes, hugs to all the friends!

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #996
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So they have a handful of GF rooms at the great rate left...do I snag one just in case? Or do I not worry about it since there's a good chance I won't be able to use it?
RCers rarely discourage reservations....
Do you think there's a pretty good chance you'll be able to go? If so, you might want to book.

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #997
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Need help...

This past weekend, DH mentioned how much fun he had on our F&W solo trip last October and how he wished we could finagle another trip like that this year. Well, let's just say that I found out today that I have a R/O offer that covers quite a few dates this year including the last two weeks in October . Sooooo... I priced out 3 options for 5 day stays:
1. CSR, business class, 30% off
2. CR, Garden wing, std vw or garden vw, 35% off
3. Beach Club, garden vw, 35%

The dilemma:
CSR would be the "practical" choice as it is $368 cheaper than CR std view and about $460 cheaper than garden view at either deluxe. BUT if we do end up at CSR then we would definitely rent a car as I hate depending just on buses so I'd be looking at roughly $200 for the car thus closing the savings gap some. The BC location is ideal for F&W and it is close to HS but we since we've stayed there a few times already, wouldn't mind trying CR, just not sure if we'll like the Garden Wing bldg. WWYD???

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #998
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yes reserve it...as long as its refundable why not???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RCers,
It's another day in what feels like Antarctica. DH had a snow day yesterday, so that was nice.
It's bitter cold today, and quite windy.
Sending stay warm wishes to all the friends that are dealing with this miserable cold.
I spent most of last night and today dealing with some frozen pipes. Fun, fun, fun!

Miss-Sure wish the weather was warmer for you. Hope you're having some yummy dinners. Enjoy your extra days!

Pas-I am hopelessly behind, but love your change!

Jenny-I know what you mean about BWI. We stay other places, and then we always return. It's like home to us.

Janet-Glad you've got some warmer weather headed your way.

Time for me to go back upstairs and check the pipes, hugs to all the friends!
Hi Ginny! yes the BW was so nice, but alas finances and a possible second 2014 vacation is motivating me to keep our costs down and stick with POR. I will not switch, I will not switch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
This past weekend, DH mentioned how much fun he had on our F&W solo trip last October and how he wished we could finagle another trip like that this year. Well, let's just say that I found out today that I have a R/O offer that covers quite a few dates this year including the last two weeks in October . Sooooo... I priced out 3 options for 5 day stays:
1. CSR, business class, 30% off
2. CR, Garden wing, std vw or garden vw, 35% off
3. Beach Club, garden vw, 35%

The dilemma:
CSR would be the "practical" choice as it is $368 cheaper than CR std view and about $460 cheaper than garden view at either deluxe. BUT if we do end up at CSR then we would definitely rent a car as I hate depending just on buses so I'd be looking at roughly $200 for the car thus closing the savings gap some. The BC location is ideal for F&W and it is close to HS but we since we've stayed there a few times already, wouldn't mind trying CR, just not sure if we'll like the Garden Wing bldg. WWYD???
Oh I think I would do BC if I were you. So close to Epcot and easy access for stumbling back to your resort. If you had have stayed there then you know you like it right??

BTW jealous of your adults only trip!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #999
pas130
DIS Veteran

I have done lost my mind School started back up yesterday, sorry I have been MIA not to mention back on my diet

Sooooo, after getting an offer for a cheap flight to LAX, and checking the website...guess who wants to go to Disneyland

I gotta get back to my schoolwork, 35 minutes on the phone with DL

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #1000
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I have done lost my mind School started back up yesterday, sorry I have been MIA not to mention back on my diet

Sooooo, after getting an offer for a cheap flight to LAX, and checking the website...guess who wants to go to Disneyland

WOWSA! Did not see that one coming!!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #1001
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Do tell!!!! Someone on my Diva FB mentioned a deal on tickets .... let me know if I need to check it out for you. I haven't looked so I don't know how good it is.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #1002
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!!!!

It's 37 here and a little brrrr chilly for my blood!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #1003
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Whoa, DL?! Oooooooo. Jeanette, can't wait to hear all about the plans!

Hope all of you guys are staying warm up yonder. Poor Marie has the absolute worst of it.

Deena, I promise, it'll warm up as soon as we leave.

Jen: Seriously, I'd be tempted to stay... except we miss our pupster.

Miss M (very reluctantly, I might add, due to extreme shyness) was picked as a boat captain this afternoon on Living with the Land. Here's her fancy new hat:

Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #1004
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Somewhat random question...if you could have only 3 days and the fast pass rules now, would you do PH or no PH? How would you spend those 3 days? (Which parks)
Old 01-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #1005
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Whoa, DL?! Oooooooo. Jeanette, can't wait to hear all about the plans! Hope all of you guys are staying warm up yonder. Poor Marie has the absolute worst of it. Deena, I promise, it'll warm up as soon as we leave. Jen: Seriously, I'd be tempted to stay... except we miss our pupster. Miss M (very reluctantly, I might add, due to extreme shyness) was picked as a boat captain this afternoon on Living with the Land. Here's her fancy new hat:
Cute pic!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: