Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 10:13 PM   #976
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm curious, now that you've stayed Poly, BC, and BWI, which would you say is your favorite?? I'm still holding strong to GF, but now I'm preemptively thinking about a change.... My BFF and her family, who went with us in April (and her and I went in Sept) may now be going in August too....her DH had said no, no, no, but because of the TA deal, he said yes. But also because of that TA deal, my supervisor (who is also my friend, but.....) well, her and her family might be going....and are deciding between GF and YC/BC. I mean, it's my vacation, and I have no issues staying where my BFF and her family are, but my supervisor too??? Uh.... That sounds so mean, doesn't it? I was talking up the YC to her last night, and am hoping she'll bite because it's cheaper....but we'll see....
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I think that is about what the temps are here today. Tonight and tomorrow night, it's suppose to drop into the teens. It doesn't sound mean at all. For some reason, when I read it, I had this image of you hiding behind plants and holding the plant in front of you as you walk down a hall so your friend, her family, or your supervisor doesn't see you. I wish I could transport us all there. We would all be in tubes in the lazy river with drinks in our hands. Well the DH and I did something last night that I think proves we are insane. I asked his mom if she knew where their 3 room tent was and if we could borrow it for our Summer trip. By the time we were done talking to them, we were convincing them it was a good idea to shut down the office for a week so they could come on vacation with us. The fil has been trying to get the mil to go any where further than a weekend stay, and she just won't. The DH think that if we force them to go with us, they will actually go on vacation. Then, maybe, if the fil has this trip to look forward to, he will be less grumpy. If we still go to all the parks we want to, it'll be about 60 hours of driving in our minivan with two teenage boys and my inlaws. oh well, I have my girls' only trip to look forward to.
Ok. This is vacation madness right here. First Candace has her supervisor tagging along and then wookie has her in laws in the car for 60 hours! Where's that scared smilie when you need it! LOL. just kidding with both of you!

Hi Janet! I think I missed you last go round!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:00 AM   #977
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm curious, now that you've stayed Poly, BC, and BWI, which would you say is your favorite??
Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I so wanted to stay there but hubby said no....and since he's footing the bill... I think a BW view would be awesome!!! You could people watch all day

I'm curious, too
Well....hard to say what is the favorite, Poly was the fav, then Beach Club was just so with that pool, and well BWI was too!! The music there, the atmosphere, the nightlife on the Boardwalk were fantastic. So can they all be my favourites for different time periods??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Ah...nothing to report, no changes made. Just was watching DH's video from our trip and wanted it back again. But I know no matter where we are it will be awesome there too.

Quote:

Well the DH and I did something last night that I think proves we are insane. I asked his mom if she knew where their 3 room tent was and if we could borrow it for our Summer trip. By the time we were done talking to them, we were convincing them it was a good idea to shut down the office for a week so they could come on vacation with us. The fil has been trying to get the mil to go any where further than a weekend stay, and she just won't. The DH think that if we force them to go with us, they will actually go on vacation. Then, maybe, if the fil has this trip to look forward to, he will be less grumpy. If we still go to all the parks we want to, it'll be about 60 hours of driving in our minivan with two teenage boys and my inlaws. oh well, I have my girls' only trip to look forward to.
Wookie: You are crazy but in such a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
POR is awesome though.
Janet: If you and so many other RCers vouch for POR it must be great! I trust your judgement my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies!

Checking in before my phone kicks the bucket.

Miss M came down with a fever this morning so we took it easy today. Well, as much as we could -- she wanted to go swimming since this was our first warm day. Came back for a nap then over for dinner at Epcot and some IllumiNations watching before we came back to crash.

Her not feeling well had really put things into perspective for us. We were kinda hard on her yesterday when she was being difficult (which was obviously due to her not being well) ... so, due to us feeling awful, we said to h*ll with the windows and painting. We're coming back for her birthday at the end of April. Just a few days but we can celebrate and see all the F&G stuff.

Phones on 1%... gotta run!

Erica: Oh poor Miss M!! Being sick on vacation is just crud. Sending good thoughts for her that this will pass quickly. Don't beat yourself up about reacting to her behavior, you know I have been there too. But Yay for another trip! I approve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Ok. This is vacation madness right here. First Candace has her supervisor tagging along and then wookie has her in laws in the car for 60 hours! Where's that scared smilie when you need it! LOL. just kidding with both of you!
Lacey: I agree!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #978
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Just added a one night to my stay. At a different resort. I'm counting this as a change! Hahaha! Now we'll be one night at AKL - standard view, and then six nights at Grand Floridian - RPC! Can next December get here soon enough?

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #979
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Morning all

Quote:
I think that is about what the temps are here today. Tonight and tomorrow night, it's suppose to drop into the teens.

Well the DH and I did something last night that I think proves we are insane. I asked his mom if she knew where their 3 room tent was and if we could borrow it for our Summer trip. By the time we were done talking to them, we were convincing them it was a good idea to shut down the office for a week so they could come on vacation with us. The fil has been trying to get the mil to go any where further than a weekend stay, and she just won't. The DH think that if we force them to go with us, they will actually go on vacation. Then, maybe, if the fil has this trip to look forward to, he will be less grumpy. If we still go to all the parks we want to, it'll be about 60 hours of driving in our minivan with two teenage boys and my inlaws. oh well, I have my girls' only trip to look forward to.
Wookie, Getting away from the daily grind is so important, hoping this will be a bonding time for you and the inlaws.

(If not, can you ditch'em and at one of the parks and pick them up on the way home?? )

Quote:
Hello ladies!

Checking in before my phone kicks the bucket.

Miss M came down with a fever this morning so we took it easy today. Well, as much as we could -- she wanted to go swimming since this was our first warm day. Came back for a nap then over for dinner at Epcot and some IllumiNations watching before we came back to crash.

Her not feeling well had really put things into perspective for us. We were kinda hard on her yesterday when she was being difficult (which was obviously due to her not being well) ... so, due to us feeling awful, we said to h*ll with the windows and painting. We're coming back for her birthday at the end of April. Just a few days but we can celebrate and see all the F&G stuff.

Phones on 1%... gotta run!
Erica, hoping Miss M. feels a whole lot better today. Safe travels to you my friend, let us know when arrive home.

And for booking April for the birthday princess. She will love it!

Quote:

Hi Lacey! (it's so easy to do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Well....hard to say what is the favorite, Poly was the fav, then Beach Club was just so with that pool, and well BWI was too!! The music there, the atmosphere, the nightlife on the Boardwalk were fantastic. So can they all be my favourites for different time periods??

Absolutlely!

Ah...nothing to report, no changes made. Just was watching DH's video from our trip and wanted it back again. But I know no matter where we are it will be awesome there too.

Janet: If you and so many other RCers vouch for POR it must be great! I trust your judgement my friend.
It will Jen! Just being together and away from the day to day routine of life will make the trip special. Be sure to make time for Piano Bob ... the girls (and you and DH) will have a blast! POR is sooo pretty!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Just added a one night to my stay. At a different resort. I'm counting this as a change! Hahaha! Now we'll be one night at AKL - standard view, and then six nights at Grand Floridian - RPC! Can next December get here soon enough?

Courtney
Hi Courtney yep, all changes count here!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #980
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

And winter break will continue for yet another day tomorrow due to wind chill temps of -25 and colder. Makes me wish we were in Florida!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #981
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Received a text from Erica that because of their flight cancellation, they are headed over to POR for two extra Disney days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
And winter break will continue for yet another day tomorrow due to wind chill temps of -25 and colder. Makes me wish we were in Florida!!
Yikes! We are going to have a cold day tomorrow but then we will warm up again... crazy weather.

We ALL need to be in Florida!!

TY Kook!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #982
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi RCers. Happy New year to you all.

pas130: With you at 1 week at BC CL and 1 week at Anna Maria Island, maybe it will be easier to do a DISmeet in a non-DIS location!!! PM me your "non-refundable" location, and maybe we can meet there . I live very close to AMI.

Jennyjinx: Hugs and am sorry for the loss of your friend. BWI will always be waiting just in case, but POR is wonderful.

GrumpyGrandma: Thanks for the update. It is nice to hear you are sounding much better. No better diversion than planning your spring trip.

JanetB & GrumpyGrandma: It has been one year this week already since POR. Whew, where does the time go?

Wookie: That tent idea is brave. Since you are going on a BIG & LONG trip here, let me offer the idea of combining several days of beautiful but remote Yellowstone NP or Teton NP lodging or tenting with a few days stay "roughing it " in the town of Jackson. It may be a nice having a good bed for a bit. We had a 2-br suite at the Hilton-owned Homewood Suites and it had a full kitchen and was central to the popular town square. There you'd have things to do in walking distance days and evenings, too, to get out of each others hair for a while (ya know what they say about too much togetherness ) We made Jackson our "base" and did trips every direction from that point, including Teton NP (my fave), guided hiking tours, guided fly-fishing excursions south of Jackson, Bar-T 5 covered dinner and show (well done real kitschy Wild West fun, a don't miss) etc etc

Mousemommy: Be safe. I hope the car is better. I like your secret BFF GF plans.

basketlacey: Santa brought me pretty Judith Jack abalone Mickey earrings I fell in love with on the Dis Store website.

LuvLuvLuv: I passed your old home area on my travels New years Eve. I half-expected to see you sitting on a bench just across from us just like last year, but this time at the Culver's.

HStrickland: Hello. Nice to see you back. And I am enjoying your photos so much, as usual. I think I saw you on FWC thread last. We are putting the FWC on hold til 2015 since WDW called and said Mickeys Back Yard BBQ was going to be closed longer that they expected. I have a year to pick your brain about the Cabins property.

SueM: Whistler, my top 3 still-to-be-discovered places to go. I hope you had a wonderful ho-ho-holiday time there.

And a big New Year hello to sjs314, chimo2u, Miss, babyberger, kook and lots of you I've missed.

We had a fun and wacky Christmas trip meandering trip through the US. We took my DB to WDW the weekend of Dec 20th, and it has been go, go, go since. We stayed home Christmas but then traveled to Atlanta, Chicago and back down to our cabin for a while and got home last night. We only encountered a inch of snow twice along our travels. We got lucky to be sure.

So today I am on "strike" since I definitely don't feel like working yet. What better way to ease into work by turning on my computer and catching up with you all. I work best with my head in the clouds, I tell ya.

Last edited by MAGIC...itis!; 01-07-2014 at 01:48 PM.
MAGIC...itis! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #983
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Text conferencing with my sis. I may have something to announce soon.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #984
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
You are such a tease!!!!!! Spill woman!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #985
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are such a tease!!!!!! Spill woman!!!
There may or may not be a cruise on the horizon for us. (see what I did there? )

I can't book anything until the last week of this month, so it will depend on availability then, but as of now it's quite possible. The only thing that bums me out is having nothing to look forward to for the rest of the year.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #986
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh you are leaving us with a cliff hanger!! I agree with Candace, SPILL! (but you have a little time as Sam and I are headed out to the Y. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi RCers. Happy New year to you all.

JanetB & GrumpyGrandma: It has been one year this week already since POR. Whew, where does the time go?
TOO fast! But so happy to be able to meet up with you all at a favorite place, Piano Bob's.

Quote:

Koh: Santa brought me pretty Judith Jack abalone Mickey earrings I fell in love with on the Dis Store website.

We had a fun and wacky Christmas trip meandering trip through the US. We took my DB to WDW the weekend of Dec 20th, and it has been go, go, go since. We stayed home Christmas but then traveled to Atlanta, Chicago and back down to our cabin for a while and got home last night. We only encountered a inch of snow twice along our travels. We got lucky to be sure.

So today I am on "strike" since I definitely don't feel like working yet. What better way to ease into work by turning on my computer and catching up with you all. I work best with my head in the clouds, I tell ya.
Happy New Year Magic!! Sounds like a busy but fun filled time (and you dodged the snow too!) Hope you managed some quiet days too on your vacation. (and I get the "strike" feeling, lately all I want to do is get out of town, your way..)

TY Kook!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #987
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

I gave the inlaws a list of pricing last night. They are supposed to look at it and get back with me if they are going to go or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: You are crazy but in such a good way.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post

Courtney
Sweet!! I love the AKL. I feel the same way about July and August. I hate to wish the Summer away, but I am ready to head to the mountains, looking around where they film The Walking Dead, and my grils' only WDW trip.

Quote:
Wookie, Getting away from the daily grind is so important, hoping this will be a bonding time for you and the inlaws.

(If not, can you ditch'em and at one of the parks and pick them up on the way home?? )
I told the DH that we would just lock them in a port-a-potty in Yellowstone if they annoyed us too much.

Quote:
Received a text from Erica that because of their flight cancellation, they are headed over to POR for two extra Disney days!!
Quote:

I'm glad y'al had a great Christmas and made it home safely. I would love to see some snow. Hopefully we'll get some to justify this cold weather. Which it's a sweltering 21 F ( - 6.1 C) currently.

Quote:
Wookie: That tent idea is brave. Since you are going on a BIG & LONG trip here, let me offer the idea of combining several days of beautiful but remote Yellowstone NP or Teton NP lodging or tenting with a few days stay "roughing it " in the town of Jackson. It may be a nice having a good bed for a bit. We had a 2-br suite at the Hilton-owned Homewood Suites and it had a full kitchen and was central to the popular town square. There you'd have things to do in walking distance days and evenings, too, to get out of each others hair for a while (ya know what they say about too much togetherness ) We made Jackson our "base" and did trips every direction from that point, including Teton NP (my fave), guided hiking tours, guided fly-fishing excursions south of Jackson, Bar-T 5 covered dinner and show (well done real kitschy Wild West fun, a don't miss) etc etc
We're pretty much ruled out camping, if the in laws come with us. They can't camp any more, it's too hard on them physically. The DH doesn't wants us to stay together since the only vehicle we'll have is our minivan. I tried the hotel you have in your post, but they are booked for the dates we are looking at. Right now, I have a suite booked at the Holiday Inn in West Yellowstone. It's a 2 room suite, with 3 Queen beds, and 2 bathrooms. The only problem is that it is about $1,100 for the 3 nights. Of course, that would be split between us and the in laws. I'm still going to keep looking. I just wish they would release the calendar with the ranger led activities on it so we can plan to do some of those while we are there. We are for sure planning on going to both Teton and Yellowstone. Then, hopefully on the way to the Grand Canyon, we want to see Zion NP. On the way home from the Grand Canyon, we want to see the Petrified Forest NP. Of course, all but Yellowstone and Estes Park is just tentative based on what we can get done in 9 days. The in laws can't be gone longer than that, as they will have to totally close their business' office down to go with us. Due to blood clot issues, when they are driving, they have to stop every 2 hours, and get out of the car and walk around for at least 15 minutes. I'm just worried how that may cause us to not get to do everything we wanted to. Of course, if it does, we'll just have to make another trip in a couple of years.

Quote:
There may or may not be a cruise on the horizon for us. (see what I did there? )

I can't book anything until the last week of this month, so it will depend on availability then, but as of now it's quite possible. The only thing that bums me out is having nothing to look forward to for the rest of the year.
That is awesome!! A cruise would be so much fun!! I wanted to do one for our 20th, but the Summer of 2016 will be the Summer after Joey should graduate from high school, I think. I'm thinking maybe give him a Disney cruise for a graduation present.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #988
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There may or may not be a cruise on the horizon for us. (see what I did there? ) I can't book anything until the last week of this month, so it will depend on availability then, but as of now it's quite possible. The only thing that bums me out is having nothing to look forward to for the rest of the year.
Wooohooo! Do it do it!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #989
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Miss M is on the mend. The ibuprofen has been doing the trick in keeping the fever down (though I wound up sleeping in the bed with her last night because I was paranoid. Yay for being a human punching bag. ) We're over in the mansions section of POR... just love this resort.

Glad we got our swimming in yesterday. It's a breezy 47°F here in Orlando. And, that's supposed to be the high for tomorrow! Good thing we packed all our winter weather accoutrements; I was decked out in my wool beret, gloves and scarf on the walk over to POFQ. (I might freeze to death when we return to the frozen tundra.)

Book the cruise, Dani... book eeeet.

I'm so far behind there's no hope for me to catch up but I'll do my best once we're back in Chitown. to all you gals.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #990
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Miss M is on the mend. The ibuprofen has been doing the trick in keeping the fever down (though I wound up sleeping in the bed with her last night because I was paranoid. Yay for being a human punching bag. ) We're over in the mansions section of POR... just love this resort.

Glad we got our swimming in yesterday. It's a breezy 47°F here in Orlando. And, that's supposed to be the high for tomorrow! Good thing we packed all our winter weather accoutrements; I was decked out in my wool beret, gloves and scarf on the walk over to POFQ. (I might freeze to death when we return to the frozen tundra.)

Book the cruise, Dani... book eeeet.

I'm so far behind there's no hope for me to catch up but I'll do my best once we're back in Chitown. to all you gals.
I'm glad she is on the mend, and I hope she is at 100% by the time you read this.

47°F is cold to be out walking around in, but it would be worth it for WDW.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: