Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 02:27 AM   #961
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Pas we love the Gulf coast, and have stayed in St Pete Beach.

Have you seen my BC post yet?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #962
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Just a quick drive by to say Hi!

Heather welcome back, missed your beautiful photos.

Trying to decide if I want to run out to the store during the Tropical heat wave we are suppose to have here today....... 30-40 degrees

Stay Warm All!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #963
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Help ladies I am getting nostalgic about BWI....

I'm curious, now that you've stayed Poly, BC, and BWI, which would you say is your favorite??

I'm still holding strong to GF, but now I'm preemptively thinking about a change....

My BFF and her family, who went with us in April (and her and I went in Sept) may now be going in August too....her DH had said no, no, no, but because of the TA deal, he said yes. But also because of that TA deal, my supervisor (who is also my friend, but.....) well, her and her family might be going....and are deciding between GF and YC/BC. I mean, it's my vacation, and I have no issues staying where my BFF and her family are, but my supervisor too??? Uh....

That sounds so mean, doesn't it? I was talking up the YC to her last night, and am hoping she'll bite because it's cheaper....but we'll see....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #964
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Morning Ladies!!!

Can't believe I just got out of bed (very usual for me). Guess church is out of the question since it starts in a few minutes

Quote:
I so wanted to stay there but hubby said no....and since he's footing the bill... I think a BW view would be awesome!!! You could people watch all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
My MIL is trying to come along again as well. My DH said no
That makes me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Trying to decide if I want to run out to the store during the Tropical heat wave we are suppose to have here today....... 30-40 degrees

Stay Warm All!
Better hurry, Shelia!!!! It's gonna be cold again! And nice to be back, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I'm curious, now that you've stayed Poly, BC, and BWI, which would you say is your favorite??
I'm curious, too

Quote:
I'm still holding strong to GF, but now I'm preemptively thinking about a change....
Hold on there!!! And your boss/supervisor A really good friend or just a friend??? Could make for an interesting trip....

and a good morning to all the RC chicks!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #965
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Morning Ladies!!!

Can't believe I just got out of bed (very usual for me). Guess church is out of the question since it starts in a few minutes

I so wanted to stay there but hubby said no....and since he's footing the bill... I think a BW view would be awesome!!! You could people watch all day

That makes me laugh.

Better hurry, Shelia!!!! It's gonna be cold again! And nice to be back, thanks

I'm curious, too

Hold on there!!! And your boss/supervisor A really good friend or just a friend??? Could make for an interesting trip....

and a good morning to all the RC chicks!
Lol. She's a friend. I mean, we are the same age, and have some same interests....like, we go to NKOTB concerts together but, I have no intention of being her tour guide on this trip, since she is Disney clueless, and she has already said, oh great, I can just text you if I have a question!!

But, her family dynamics are different so that might help. She has a 5 year old and infant, so I'm sure they will tour differently. And I can always claim no phone reception, right?? And I have the safety of my locked Sugarloaf building...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #966
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lol. She's a friend. I mean, we are the same age, and have some same interests....like, we go to NKOTB concerts together but, I have no intention of being her tour guide on this trip, since she is Disney clueless, and she has already said, oh great, I can just text you if I have a question!!
Oh my heavens! Can't imagine!

Quote:
But, her family dynamics are different so that might help. She has a 5 year old and infant, so I'm sure they will tour differently. And I can always claim no phone reception, right?? And I have the safety of my locked Sugarloaf building...
Very devious....., I mean clever of you..... I like it!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #967
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my heavens! Can't imagine!

Very devious....., I mean clever of you..... I like it!
She chose YC!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #968
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She chose YC!!!!
Scratch YC off your list

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 01-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #969
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Scratch YC off your list
Been there, done that....

I other news, my BFF and her family booked the GF during our stay!!!

The kids are going to be sooooo excited, but it's a secret.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #970
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Sure Jeanette!! :-) the more the merrier!
That would be awesome!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Pas we love the Gulf coast, and have stayed in St Pete Beach.

Have you seen my BC post yet?
I did Sue The gulf coast is so peaceful, and dreamy...would you believe I put a nonrefundable deposit down

Quote:

Stay Warm All!
Last night I was all bundled for work, and mentioned it felt hot....27 degrees as opposed to the single digits the night before

Quote:
I'm still holding strong to GF, but now I'm preemptively thinking about a change

My BFF and her family, who went with us in April (and her and I went in Sept) may now be going in August too....her DH had said no, no, no, but because of the TA deal, he said yes. But also because of that TA deal, my supervisor (who is also my friend, but.....) well, her and her family might be going....and are deciding between GF and YC/BC. I mean, it's my vacation, and I have no issues staying where my BFF and her family are, but my supervisor too??? UhThat sounds so mean, doesn't it? I was talking up the YC to her last night, and am hoping she'll bite because it's cheaper....but we'll see....
Great news about your BFF!!! I'll keep tabs on your supervisor....I will send text warnings if she starts heading your way

Quote:

YAY SAB!!!

That makes me laugh.
It's really like bringing another child...at least she can swim on her own...and she can do coasters with DS12 But it's another mouth to feed

Quote:
Scratch YC off your list

Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #971
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Stay Warm All!
I think that is about what the temps are here today. Tonight and tomorrow night, it's suppose to drop into the teens.

Quote:

My BFF and her family, who went with us in April (and her and I went in Sept) may now be going in August too....her DH had said no, no, no, but because of the TA deal, he said yes. But also because of that TA deal, my supervisor (who is also my friend, but.....) well, her and her family might be going....and are deciding between GF and YC/BC. I mean, it's my vacation, and I have no issues staying where my BFF and her family are, but my supervisor too??? Uh....

That sounds so mean, doesn't it? I was talking up the YC to her last night, and am hoping she'll bite because it's cheaper....but we'll see....
It doesn't sound mean at all. For some reason, when I read it, I had this image of you hiding behind plants and holding the plant in front of you as you walk down a hall so your friend, her family, or your supervisor doesn't see you.

Quote:
I wish I could transport us all there. We would all be in tubes in the lazy river with drinks in our hands.

Well the DH and I did something last night that I think proves we are insane. I asked his mom if she knew where their 3 room tent was and if we could borrow it for our Summer trip. By the time we were done talking to them, we were convincing them it was a good idea to shut down the office for a week so they could come on vacation with us. The fil has been trying to get the mil to go any where further than a weekend stay, and she just won't. The DH think that if we force them to go with us, they will actually go on vacation. Then, maybe, if the fil has this trip to look forward to, he will be less grumpy. If we still go to all the parks we want to, it'll be about 60 hours of driving in our minivan with two teenage boys and my inlaws. oh well, I have my girls' only trip to look forward to.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #972
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

letthewookiewin...the visual of the plants...

So...the council (DH and I) have spoken....we have decided to purchase another round of annual passes!!!

These will serve to cover us for this August trip, plus a trip next summer where we are planning a 4 night Disney cruise and 8 nights in the parks...hopefully Poly CL!!!

So excited!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #973
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Wookie & Koh: I love Phantom and have seen it twice, once in Rochester, and once on Broadway. Its fabulous!

Wookie: A trip to Yellowstone sounds fantastic... but seriously no reservations? That's a man for you... geesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Happy New Year!!!! I miss you all terribly. Hopefully I will soon be able to plan our trip for this year. It's a toss up between Aulani, DCL, and WDW. Who knows what will come of it all.
Hi Dani! we missed you!! Those are some great toss ups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
My travel agent suggested a girls' weekend...hmmm...DH gets a 4 day trip to Vegas with the guys and I get a 4 day trip to WDW?
Koh, that is a great rate for the GF (somehow I lost that quote). Hoping can make it work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

Janet your Disney gifts sound so fun! We can't wait for our next trip (in 3wks)and pick out our 2014 ornament!

happy New Years to everyone! We just got home from Whistler, so now trying to catch up!!.
Sue, your trip is so close!! Lucky you!

Quote:
POR is awesome though.

Quote:

Heather welcome back, missed your beautiful photos.

Stay Warm All!
Sheila, I've been thinking about you! So happy to see you posting. Stay warm! Hope Bella is doing well.

Quote:

I other news, my BFF and her family booked the GF during our stay!!!

And I wouldn't worry about your supervisor.... most likely they will have their own agenda. Make sure to give her any info upfront before the trip so she won't need to ask you anything while in Disney.

Quote:
I did Sue The gulf coast is so peaceful, and dreamy...would you believe I put a nonrefundable deposit down
No way! Is this a new Pas??

Quote:
It's really like bringing another child...at least she can swim on her own...and she can do coasters with DS12 But it's another mouth to feed
but on the flip side... perhaps she can babysit so you and Brian can have a night out? ...stay one week with you at Disney... then fly home so you can have a week to yourselves. (anyway she can contribute some $$?)

to all the newcomers!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #974
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So...the council (DH and I) have spoken....we have decided to purchase another round of annual passes!!!

These will serve to cover us for this August trip, plus a trip next summer where we are planning a 4 night Disney cruise and 8 nights in the parks...hopefully Poly CL!!!

So excited!!!!
wow, that's great!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #975
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies!

Checking in before my phone kicks the bucket.

Miss M came down with a fever this morning so we took it easy today. Well, as much as we could -- she wanted to go swimming since this was our first warm day. Came back for a nap then over for dinner at Epcot and some IllumiNations watching before we came back to crash.

Her not feeling well had really put things into perspective for us. We were kinda hard on her yesterday when she was being difficult (which was obviously due to her not being well) ... so, due to us feeling awful, we said to h*ll with the windows and painting. We're coming back for her birthday at the end of April. Just a few days but we can celebrate and see all the F&G stuff.

Phones on 1%... gotta run!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: