Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #916
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year's my friends, my family!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #917
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
If you ever make it to Ontario....call me!
I would love to come to Canada. It looks like such a beautiful country.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #918
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

happy new years y'all!!!!

ETA...ok, this is odd. I originally typed this in all caps, using caps lock. When I went to preview it, it was all lower case. I went back and changed it to all caps. When I previewed it, it had changed back to all lower case.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #919
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Happy to you too!!!
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 19 16
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #920
dimndgal1
One little spark...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Quick scan to try to catch up before bed (teething and the fact eldest is 6 going on 16 these last few weeks is just sucking all my energy!)

WELCOME to all the new faces

to those at the magic or in final countdown mode

to anyone who has made an awesome change... I can't believe I have held on to my rezzie this long! ((of course I have made a call or seven to WTC to touch base... you know how it goes. )

Two weeks until surgery and then I'll be around a ton (I'm a klutz on one good and one mediocre hip... throw crutches into it and I'm a danger to myself and all others!) DH got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas for ease of surfing (really it's so I don't drain his laptop) but I'm geared up for some number crunching and ADR narrowing!

FUNNY STORY: I was visiting my folks over the holidays and the house line rang. Caller ID showed a (407) number. I immediately got riled up - they are 'eh' about Disney, why is someone from Orlando calling THEM???
My mom pats my head and says: "Sweetie, first, you need help. Second, it's just Hilton calling about new GVC opportunities. Take a breath, the mouse isn't cheating on you."
DH's new joke is "You know you're obsessed with Disney when you're checking your family's caller ID for numbers from Orlando"

and hope to FINALLY be back around more in the next week or so! Keep on ch-ch-changing and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-6) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #921
pas130
DIS Veteran

Happy 2014 everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
It seems like just yesterday we were wishing all of you December trip go-ers safe travels and now it's almost the new year!!!
And it seems like FOREVER since we were swimming in that beautiful Orlando weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
No Disney gifts, but we hung up our new 2013 Wdw ornament on the tree that we bought during our August trip. Each year we buy a new ornament at the MK Christmas shop. this years was Dumbo!
I love the Christmas stores!! Our only Disney gifts were to Bree, who had all kinds of Cinderella stuff on her Santa list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Polamalu View Post
HI ALL! New to this thread. We are booked currently for May 2-12 at WL. We have moved our trip and resort about 5 times so this sounds like a great place to be. I look forward to planning my vacation with all of you!
WL is FABULOUS!! And the WL hostess Ms. KOOK is part of the original RC gang (she is awesome) You will find lots of WL love here, and May, what a lovely time to go!! Flower & Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Planning to take DS or both kids to see Frozen this week. Not sure if DD would sit through a movie or not...maybe with popcorn? Lol
We will wait for DVD, it's such a production getting our gang to the movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Speaking of which, still at GF, and content. It has been almost a month since our last change and I have no urge to! A Christmas miracle, I tell ya!
It's that amazing GF thread...makes it so hard NOT to want to stay there

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg403 View Post
Hubby and I are in the preliminary stages of planning our next adventure Nov 2 -7.

Nov 2 and 3rd we were contemplating staying at an Epcot resort and go to the F and W festival. We would arrive later in the day on Nov 2, not visit a park and spend Nov 3rd in Epcot.

Then switch resorts to AKL CL. Not sure if we should do two packages if offered (2 day stay has been the minium for dining) in recent years correct?

Also, I am not set in stone with an Epcot area resort, as my dream is a Theme Park view on any monorail deluxe except CR. I think WL is also out of the running, though I would also love to stay there... I have made reservations at WL before, but we always end up deciding to change them and stay at another resort.

It will be nice to get all the honest opinions and tips on changing resorts etc. AKL part of the trip is set in stone though. I was wondering if it would be better to book the package part of the trip (AKL CL) first part of the trip and get tickets for the entire length of stay as it is so cheap to add on. Since we plan to munch at the F/W, with up until midnight of check out day to use the snack credits and maybe save a counter service for the evening as it will be one of our last nights in Orlando. Please help me maximize my stay and help me indulge my dream.

Any comments on the Poly recently?

Kelly
I am a complete MK fanatic...that said..F&W you CANNOT beat the Epcot resorts. DH and I went once and walking out of World Showcase right to your hotel can't be beat! I would stay away from Poly IMO because of the construction. Changing resorts is easy peasy.....another thought is the dining plan, you may not need it for CL AND F&W there's a lot of snacking and food involved. Just a thought. So Epcot resort first? Could you do CL at YC or BWI perhaps, and then do AKL CL. I'm a CL lover, so if it's a matter of budget. Stick with the F&W for snacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
I'm already starting to look and price up our 2015 trip. I love the look of the AOA Lion King rooms, but it's so expensive! We'll be three adults which makes it really expensive, even though we're only going to do a few nights onsite. I'm also thinking of Pop, POR and maybe even CBR depending on how much we like the resort after staying there.
I really like the look of the AoA suites too. But of course we don't fit I love that you are already planning 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
We are normally pretty automatic with our resort given that we've tried several and have our favorites. However, going at Easter and given the sky-high rates, I'm now in a dilemma.

So where did I end up? Nowhere, really. Going to give it a week and see if any deals pop up and go from there.
I would start looking at Orbitz and other sites when they have their 20-25% codes. Easter prices are insane, I do agree! If you weren't thrilled with WL room size, I think AKL is similar size. Although I do LOVE both resorts!! Have you considered GF or CR? Nice big rooms

Quote:
Wanting to wish everyone a Happy New Year! If you are celebrating tonight have fun and be safe! Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen View Post
A little background... I can't ever decide where to stay.
Our first time onsite we stayed at Pop, after changing from POFQ. The next time we stayed at POR after changing from BC. We have stayed at the cabins. I liked those, but then again it was for 2 nights and we had a golf cart.

So this trip>>(March) myself, dh, ds and youngest dd are going down on a Friday. Oldest DD and her boyfriend are joining us that Monday. We will be staying for 7 days. That's where the fun begins. I don't know where to stay. Another thing my husband does not enjoy Disney food. He want to stay somewhere that has a microwave or something. The DVC rentals seem too high. He can stand the food for a few days, so that is why I thought we could try WL for a few nights, but I don't know... So in conclusion HELLO... I so belong here.
I saw you were considering an AoA suite, and this was actually what I was going to suggest. I would definitely look into the point rentals BUT there is normally no changes allowed with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I missed Christmas completely.... so a very late Merry Christmas to all!!
And a Happy New Year!

Quote:
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the new RCers!! There is a great group of ladies here waiting to help and support you in your changes!!
I am SO excited to see new peeps!! Awesome! ANd always great to see you

Quote:
Thank you!!! Glad to be part of a board where changing my mind doesn't seem bad.
Changing is the norm here, and I am very happy you are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wishing a Happy & Healthy 2014 to all...
Safe travels!!!!!

is happy. My family can be very picky about hotels. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Happy New Year's my friends, my family!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
happy new years y'all!!!!

ETA...ok, this is odd. I originally typed this in all caps, using caps lock. When I went to preview it, it was all lower case. I went back and changed it to all caps. When I previewed it, it had changed back to all lower case.
Maybe we change so much we have caused the thread to start changing itself....cue Twilight Zone music

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Happy to you too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
to anyone who has made an awesome change... I can't believe I have held on to my rezzie this long! ((of course I have made a call or seven to WTC to touch base... you know how it goes. )

Two weeks until surgery and then I'll be around a ton (I'm a klutz on one good and one mediocre hip... throw crutches into it and I'm a danger to myself and all others!) DH got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas for ease of surfing (really it's so I don't drain his laptop) but I'm geared up for some number crunching and ADR narrowing!

FUNNY STORY: I was visiting my folks over the holidays and the house line rang. Caller ID showed a (407) number. I immediately got riled up - they are 'eh' about Disney, why is someone from Orlando calling THEM???
My mom pats my head and says: "Sweetie, first, you need help. Second, it's just Hilton calling about new GVC opportunities. Take a breath, the mouse isn't cheating on you."
DH's new joke is "You know you're obsessed with Disney when you're checking your family's caller ID for numbers from Orlando"
I got that same call

Best wishes for your surgery And I also totally get calling to "check" and then not changing

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #922
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hello Pas-As you know, I usually agree with RC's to Epcot resorts.

--------------------------------------------
then you'll like my most recent change...

1 week at BC CL and 1 week at Anna Maria Island

DH asked I pick WDW OR Universal......duh...

Old 01-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #923
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!!!! I miss you all terribly. Hopefully I will soon be able to plan our trip for this year. It's a toss up between Aulani, DCL, and WDW. Who knows what will come of it all.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #924
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Happy New Year!!!! I miss you all terribly. Hopefully I will soon be able to plan our trip for this year. It's a toss up between Aulani, DCL, and WDW. Who knows what will come of it all.

Well, naturally, since it's the 1st day of the New Year, we have seriously started discussing our 2015 vacation.

We currently have a 3 night April 2015 cruise booked, but DH is pretty adamant about wanting to do 7 nights, so once the rest of 2015 opens up for booking, we have decided to book a 7 night cruise (either in July or August, probably August though) and we will also tack on 4 nights at WDW at the beginning of the trip, hopefully Poly CL!!

We are all very content with our GF CL booking for August, so I don't see that changing. We have moved on to discussing our ADR's since we will be able to book those next month!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #925
letthewookiewin

Quote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Quick scan to try to catch up before bed (teething and the fact eldest is 6 going on 16 these last few weeks is just sucking all my energy!)

WELCOME to all the new faces

to those at the magic or in final countdown mode

and hope to FINALLY be back around more in the next week or so! Keep on ch-ch-changing and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'll keep you in our prayers. Hopefully the surgery won't have any issues, and recovery will be a breeze.

That's too funny. Usually, I don't answer the phone if it's a number I don't know. Unless it's a 407 number since I know it's an Orlando number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Maybe we change so much we have caused the thread to start changing itself....cue Twilight Zone music
Must be it.

Quote:
I would love to stay at Aulani. I keep brining it up to the DH, but he just looks at me like I'm crazy.

Quote:

Well, naturally, since it's the 1st day of the New Year, we have seriously started discussing our 2015 vacation.

We currently have a 3 night April 2015 cruise booked, but DH is pretty adamant about wanting to do 7 nights, so once the rest of 2015 opens up for booking, we have decided to book a 7 night cruise (either in July or August, probably August though) and we will also tack on 4 nights at WDW at the beginning of the trip, hopefully Poly CL!!

We are all very content with our GF CL booking for August, so I don't see that changing. We have moved on to discussing our ADR's since we will be able to book those next month!!
Since the DH nixed the European trip idea for our 2015 anniversary, I went back to the DCL idea. I would love to do a 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral, and be on the cruise over our July 1st anniversary. The only problem, other than the DH being all Eeyore-ish about it, is my sister. She wants us to visit her either this Summer or next. Since the DH is dead set on doing Yellowstone this year, it looks like we will be spending our 20th wedding anniversary with my sister, visiting Washington DC. The man isn't playing fair with it though. He's promised that we can take the train into NYC and see Phantom of the Opera. I never realized how evil that man was. He knows there is no way I can turn that down.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #926
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

I saw you were considering an AoA suite, and this was actually what I was going to suggest. I would definitely look into the point rentals BUT there is normally no changes allowed with those.

Husband just said he wanted to stay at the cabins again. So looks like Port Orleans French Quarter for 2 night or 3 nights and then the cabins. It might change though

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #927
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

Those from Canada

Our youngest DD (7) is interested in all things French. (She's been practicing and we have been working on learning) After viewing pictures and reading online she would like to visit Quebec City next Christmas. We live here in Florida and know that it would be a very cold and different experience for us. Just trying to plan for winter type clothing for our 4 days there. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:16 AM   #928
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Well, time to go back to work.....been off since December 20th, and no real snow. Today, we are getting blasted with up to a foot or more....so, kids won't be returning to school today. DH will be staying home with them, and I need to go and brave the elements. Grrrr...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #929
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Happy to you too!!!
Happy New Year to you Trish!

Quote:
Two weeks until surgery and then I'll be around a ton (I'm a klutz on one good and one mediocre hip... throw crutches into it and I'm a danger to myself and all others!)
Glad you will be around more, but sending positive wishes for your surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
then you'll like my most recent change...

1 week at BC CL and 1 week at Anna Maria Island

DH asked I pick WDW OR Universal......duh...
Jeanette: That split sounds dreamy, even though we have never been to Anna Marie Island I have seen the pics, it looks gorgeous.

Quote:
Dani! We have missed you!! Hope kiddos are well, and FWIW I vote for all three! LOL!

Quote:

It is the perfect time to discuss 2015 isn't it??

Quote:
He's promised that we can take the train into NYC and see Phantom of the Opera. I never realized how evil that man was. He knows there is no way I can turn that down.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Oh I love Phantom! THat sounds great Wookie!

Quote:

Husband just said he wanted to stay at the cabins again. So looks like Port Orleans French Quarter for 2 night or 3 nights and then the cabins. It might change though
We have friends who are coming down for their third time and will not stay anywhere else but the cabins. They just love them and are always trying to convince us to stay there!

Quote:
Our youngest DD (7) is interested in all things French. (She's been practicing and we have been working on learning) After viewing pictures and reading online she would like to visit Quebec City next Christmas. We live here in Florida and know that it would be a very cold and different experience for us. Just trying to plan for winter type clothing for our 4 days there. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!
Oooh boy, that is great she wants to come to Canada to visit! DD9 is loving her French classes this year too. We are in Ontario but our winters are pretty much the same. I would recommend winter hats, winter gloves/mitts, long johns, snow pants, winter coats, winter boots, etc. Although next year might not be as frigid as this year was. Very hard to tell.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Well, DH and I had a very good friend pass away yesterday. He was both of our bosses for a long time and a great person. He was in Detroit for the winter classes hockey game when it happened. Only 62. So again when something tragic like this happens we put things in perspective. So for sure we are going in March to WDW now. It was up in the air but not anymore. Life it too short.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #930
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOW sis Hawaii We miss you

Quote:

Must be it.

Quote:
The cabins are pretty darn cool, and of course it may change How about CSR Business Class...it's like club level "lite"
Quote:
Well, time to go back to work.....been off since December 20th, and no real snow. Today, we are getting blasted with up to a foot or more....so, kids won't be returning to school today. DH will be staying home with them, and I need to go and brave the elements. Grrrr...
Be safe Candace, I just switched my work schedule..working tonight and tomorrow night....SO I will work days tomorrow. Gives me a 24 hour shift BUT hopefully the roads will be better coming home tomorrow night

Quote:
Well, DH and I had a very good friend pass away yesterday. He was both of our bosses for a long time and a great person. He was in Detroit for the winter classes hockey game when it happened. Only 62. So again when something tragic like this happens we put things in perspective. So for sure we are going in March to WDW now. It was up in the air but not anymore. Life it too short.

Safe travels to Miss E & Miss M (and DH) they are on the plane to MCO now

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: