Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #76
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We just watched it..since zombies freak me out, I just redid our magic bands...7 of us=seven colors...perfect, and no fighting from the girls either

Jen you reminded me I never linked our old threads like I used to...again slacker. Step is one witty lady, sweet, funny, and a bitten and infected by our WDW changing bug

Link to old RC thread.... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758528
I haven't watch tonight's episode yet. I was watching Downton Abbey, so I'll watch it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Totally out of the loop, that's me! Way too far behind - as in months behind Hope all of you are happily planning your next trips. As always, the new thread is great! Well done ladies!! Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Have a wonderful week!!
Heather

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #77
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Totally out of the loop, that's me! Way too far behind - as in months behind Hope all of you are happily planning your next trips. As always, the new thread is great! Well done ladies!! Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Have a wonderful week!!
Heather
I am so warm and fuzzy to see all my RC family coming together. Miss you Heather (and those early morning pics)

we need to locate kaffinito....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #78
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I haven't watch tonight's episode yet. I was watching Downton Abbey, so I'll watch it tomorrow.
Wait til next week's preview WOWZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yes I am the geek who is SUPER quick responding to everyone but wanted to say hi Heather! I was thinking of you recently too, and hope your school year is going well.
I am so geeky too, it's all good Jen. We can geek out together
Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #79
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
My heart skipped a beat when I signed in to DIS and my fingers moved to autopilot, straight to my long, lost home. Hi cha cha Changelings!!!

It has been so long I don't even know where to begin.... okay.. yes I do, I am planning a trip for August

Things were so hectic last year that we did not make it to our beloved Disney. I could barely look at a commercial without crying. After we realized that we would be paying for my son's college out of pocket we had to cancel our trip. On top of this, we were dealing with health issues with my both of my parents.

Fortunately, things are looking up and my DH said to me "you better start planning for August" So.... here I am, back home and ready for some serious cha cha changgginnggg with my favorite changlings. So....What did I miss while I was gone??? Who is our current queen?

So glad to be back.
So happy to see you here! Sorry to hear about the parental issues, but I am so glad that you are going to Disney in August! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #80
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Hannah I had just been thinking of you recently!!! The Glass Menagerie is on Broadway and it reminded me of you because of the blue roses. Congrats on your engagement. That is wonderful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I canceled all of my ADRs today for our canceled trip next week I am so bummed. I am really looking forward to next year, though! I need to choose a month already. It looks like I am going to have a hard time though because it seems state testing it spread through the entire month. I have to write in to school and have them give me the exact dates so I can start planning.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #81
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
My heart skipped a beat when I signed in to DIS and my fingers moved to autopilot, straight to my long, lost home. Hi cha cha Changelings!!!

It has been so long I don't even know where to begin.... okay.. yes I do, I am planning a trip for August

Things were so hectic last year that we did not make it to our beloved Disney. I could barely look at a commercial without crying. After we realized that we would be paying for my son's college out of pocket we had to cancel our trip. On top of this, we were dealing with health issues with my both of my parents.

Fortunately, things are looking up and my DH said to me "you better start planning for August" So.... here I am, back home and ready for some serious cha cha changgginnggg with my favorite changlings. So....What did I miss while I was gone??? Who is our current queen?

So glad to be back.
Quote:

Have a wonderful week!!
Heather
Wow!! Everyone is stopping by to say HI!!!!

Not used to hearing from you ladies during the school year, but sooo happy you found us to say hi!

Hope your school days are going well!!

Well, I crossed the one week threshold for changing!!!

And yesterday I was looking at AoA!?!?!? Geez, the values are soooo cost effective. I'd already be paid off from what I've paid this far....

Tell me I'm talking crazy....PLEASE!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #82
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

WOW Everyone is back!

Step Yay for an August trip! Sorry to hear about your parents. College costs are insane

Heather miss waking up to your beautiful pictures

Deena whoo hoo for the anniversary cruise hope your stomach issues get better.

Dani the GF sounds like a good fit

Hannah

To everyone I missed

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #83
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Not used to hearing from you ladies during the school year, but sooo happy you found us to say hi!

And yesterday I was looking at AoA!?!?!? Geez, the values are soooo cost effective. I'd already be paid off from what I've paid this far....

I can't say you are crazy, yesterday I was again trying to talk DH into changing to POR or two rooms at a value.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #84
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Candace Not crazy for liking AOA, I would love to stay there love all the resort decorations and the food court sounds yummy but convincing Bob to stay there NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Ok maybe just a tad crazy since you are talking the GF

Quote:
I can't say you are crazy, yesterday I was again trying to talk DH into changing to POR or two rooms at a value.
jenny I know how you feel, I want so bad to go to F&G and staying at a MOD would work but how to convience these men?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #85
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Candace Not crazy for liking AOA, I would love to stay there love all the resort decorations and the food court sounds yummy but convincing Bob to stay there NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

jenny I know how you feel, I want so bad to go to F&G and staying at a MOD would work but how to convience these men?
I know right Sheila? He is all like "I work hard and deserve BWI and CL", and it is really hard to argue with that. But I am thinking ahead too, and would love to have a little cushion already there for our next trip.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #86
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

DH prefers deluxe and CL too....but, he is not one to argue with savings. However, I would just be thinking he was miserable the whole time....well, not miserable but thinking about where we "should" be staying....

I just keep thinking about the fact that we need a new living room set, we want to redo the playroom. DD9 wants her room redone....

It's a $3000+ difference between GF SL and the values....

A lot of this stuff we want to do can be done with that $3k!!!!

I even thought about not going at all... but! I can't do that to the kids (or me)....I honestly never thought we would be making annual visits like we have been since 2009....I feel so blessed but like.....we've spent about $25k-$30k on Disney over that timeframe?!?!? Is that normal?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #87
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH prefers deluxe and CL too....but, he is not one to argue with savings. However, I would just be thinking he was miserable the whole time....well, not miserable but thinking about where we "should" be staying....

I just keep thinking about the fact that we need a new living room set, we want to redo the playroom. DD9 wants her room redone....

I even thought about not going at all... but! I can't do that to the kids (or me)....I honestly never thought we would be making annual visits like we have been since 2009....I feel so blessed but like.....we've spent about $25k-$30k on Disney over that timeframe?!?!? Is that normal?
But even if it was not Disney, I am sure your family would be spending $$$ on family vacations somewhere right?? Your family just happens to like Disney....very much....much like mine....and all our RC families!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #88
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But even if it was not Disney, I am sure your family would be spending $$$ on family vacations somewhere right?? Your family just happens to like Disney....very much....much like mine....and all our RC families!

It's funny, I left my house and it is now freezing!!! Literally, frost on my windshield...and I thought of how nice Florida is....

I asked the kids...would you rather have a new living room set, or a big fancy trip to Disney??? They said Trip TO DISNEY!!! They pointed, out...the couch looks a mess in spots, but we can still sit on it. Just throw a blanket over it they said....

And then...I got a text from DH saying "G. Flo is sounding so good right now. Need a vaca"

It's a sign. No changes.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #89
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Wait til next week's preview WOWZA
My DH kept teasing me last night that Daryl died. As soon as I get home from work today, I'll watch it.

Quote:

Yes, you can do a lot with that $3, but the memories you will make at WDW will be worth so much more than that.

Quote:
I asked the kids...would you rather have a new living room set, or a big fancy trip to Disney??? They said Trip TO DISNEY!!! They pointed, out...the couch looks a mess in spots, but we can still sit on it. Just throw a blanket over it they said....
Those are some smart kids, that were raised the right way. As long as the couch still supports weight, go to WDW.

Quote:
Quote:
And then...I got a text from DH saying "G. Flo is sounding so good right now. Need a vaca"

It's a sign. No changes.
I bet your DH would agree to me that you were talking crazy. Then again, I would just love to stay at the GF one day.

Ugh, I am not looking forward to this morning. My friend texted me late last night, and said that she has to take her 16 year old to a doctor's appt this morning at 10:30. We'll have 7 -8 kids, 4 of which are infants.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #90
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just noticed that I am 299 days out from our next trip!!! At least that's under 300!

PAST TRIPS:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: