Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #826
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
Heading off to the VGF today

Happy Belated Birthday Janet!!!

Hugs to all the other RC'ers
Woohoo!!!! Enjoy!! Snowing again here, so I am sooooo jealous...Safe travels

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #827
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sounds like my DH with the guns....he shall survive, and you're raising him right! We need more gentlemen these days!
Thanks. We try with both of them.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #828
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Heading off to the VGF today Happy Belated Birthday Janet!!! Hugs to all the other RC'ers
Safe travels. I hope we'll get to see some pics, and get to hear all about what you thought of it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #829
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Safe travels Iheart! Have a magical trip!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #830
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
So far behind! Haven't had a chance to catch up, but wanted to stop by and say hi!
All good..no need to catch up Sue, It'll all ch-ch-change

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks. We try with both of them.
I'm sure they will be gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Safe travels Iheart! Have a magical trip!

Old 12-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #831
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Heading off to the VGF today Happy Belated Birthday Janet!!! Hugs to all the other RC'ers
Enjoy!! And post lots of pics!!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #832
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Janet Happy Belated Birthday Wishes! Been so. Sick the past few days I have just been laying around.
Sheila, sure hope you are feeling better thanks for the bday wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
:
janet BFF hope last night was fabulous...for your birthday someone scored a fabulous upgrade on her August reservation Poly LV CL..( and I can stare at a pile of dirt...don't care) I guess WDW is trying to win me back

NO MORE CHANGES>>>>I CAN DO THIS
See? Friday the 13th is magical!! awesome!!! Now maybe I should email Angela ......

Quote:
It maybe a day late but.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Trying to catch up a bit but sooo far behind!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JANET!!!!

Quote:
So far behind! Haven't had a chance to catch up, but wanted to stop by and say hi!

Janet, Happy Birthday!
Quote:
Heading off to the VGF today

Happy Belated Birthday Janet!!!

Hugs to all the other RC'ers
Thanks guys! Gettnig bday wishes after my birthday is just as great and a nice way to extend my day/.

Iheart: have a safe a magical trip!!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #833
dimndgal1
One little spark...

HELLO ALL! The forecast for today called for rain, so of course it's snowing tonight... I love Maryland!

Quote:
I had out oldest DS 8 weeks early. He weighed in at 4 lbs and is now close to 6 ft at 16.

That's awesome!!! Our little Peanut had a slow start (she wasn't a fan of milk or formula!) but now is starting to work her way back onto the actual age weight tables. I do love a chunker, so it's great to see her getting that sweet baby fat! So glad your son turned out great, too -- it's been very nerve wracking ((especially since oldest DD was a 42 weeker!))

I'm happy to hear she had a better week at school. Hopefully, they will be like that from now on.

So far so good on this week, too! She's just so happy when she can come home and say "no numbers!" She also had a positive report on her weekly behavior chart (usually there's something about needing reminders but last Friday it was "did a great job this week!") So great to see her pride!!!

Well, the DH is sold on a cruise for the 20th anniversary, but he doesn't want to do Disney. He wants to do one out of NOLA or Galveston, since we live in Texas and those are the closest ports. I need to book it as soon as they come out because our anniversary is close to July 4th and I want a balcony. Plus for some reason, I get worried when thinking about booking a cruise without going through a TA. As soon as I can get the DH more on board with the idea of a Disney cruise, I'll email Dreams Unlimited about getting a quote and information on booking a cruise with them.

*fingers crossed* I would love a Disney Cruise but I TOTALLY understand your hesitation!!!

The funny thing is, the DH is happy the boys don't believe in Santa. We still do Santa gifts for them, but it isn't their biggest gift any more like it was when they believed. This year, for instance, their biggest gift is a shared gift of a XBOX One. Santa will give them each a game for it. We'll give them at least one game with the console.

LOL - that's how DH feels. Last year our parents went overboard for DD so between that and Santa, Mom and Dad got credit for 3 small gifts. This year Santa managed to find the Frozen Palace for 50% off so she will get that big gift, but mom and dad are giving the dolls ((I want SOME credit!!!))

I don't blame you. I would want to get it done asap as well. I hope the doctor's apt goes well tomorrow.
[QUOTE=pas130;50273508]
Good luck today at the doctor And that's GREAT to hear your DD is doing better!!!

Thanks guys!!!
Appointment went well!!! Youngest was cleared of her apnea of prematurity (she's been good for months but I guess she had to go X-amount of time before officially being cleared) and I have a surgery date for next month!!! So excited to get this done and stay on top of things and that gives me boku time to get prepped for Disney. Plus, as DH pointed out, I can use my down time to start figuring out ADRs and schedules!!!

Quote:
Your friend sure is lucky to have you! Glad she delivered a healthy baby. I had to be on strict bed rest too, but during my 3rd month, with my 2nd baby! My husband had to take time off work.

Hope meds will help DD! I'm trying to catch up on everyone's news! So much hoping on with everyone.
I have to admit a soft spot for WL!

Oooooo, Trace Atkins!! Sounds great! We ate at Coral Reef and enjoyed it. Had a table right in front of the Aquarium where the turtle likes to hang out. We all enjoyed our meals. The only thing was there was a family or group who just let their kids roam free, and they were usually right behind our chairs plastered against the aquarium. Hard to enjoy our meals and talk with a bunch of kids around our table not too quietly enjoying the aquarium.

Thanks so much! I am sorry to hear about your bed rest experience but I know it's always worth it in the end -- just beyond mind-numbing as the days drag on! I was on modified bed rest with oldest because I was asthmatic and we were in Hawaii with no A/C so I was allowed to do minimal things... and as I went overdue, the list got smaller and smaller. I can't imagine doing it more than the 4 weeks I had!!! Mommas are troopers!!!

I do think we'll end up at WL and I am definitely okay with it... but the RCer in me HAS to keep looking around! I appreciate your experience with Coral Reef... it's on our 'might do' list and it seems so mixed with responses... great to hear from a like-minded person

---------------------------------------------------------------

Safe travels to all those heading down or heading back and hope everyone has a great lead up to the craziness of the next two weeks! I'm looking forward to finally getting a chance to sit down and hope to catch up, but until then *~* HUGS *~* to all!!!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #834
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

See? Friday the 13th is magical!! awesome!!! Now maybe I should email Angela ......
Time to plan summer....maybe at Sam's dream resort (although I don't know how dreamy the construction will be) But you can lock in the discount!! BTW what BB did you book??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Thanks guys!!!
Appointment went well!!! Youngest was cleared of her apnea of prematurity (she's been good for months but I guess she had to go X-amount of time before officially being cleared) and I have a surgery date for next month!!! So excited to get this done and stay on top of things and that gives me boku time to get prepped for Disney. Plus, as DH pointed out, I can use my down time to start figuring out ADRs and schedules!!!
:
The DIS is perfect for post-op boredom..(right Melissa ) And I also need to stay put (but we can keep looking......) YAY for DD

Old 12-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #835
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Just checking in to say Hi!

Have a great trip I_heart

Feeling a little better today but still feel lousy

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #836
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Just checking in to say Hi!

Have a great trip I_heart

Feeling a little better today but still feel lousy
Glad to see you Sorry you're still sick

Old 12-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #837
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I can't wait until we're at the point when we can pack- the countdown's slowing down a little again now that we've got all the planning done

Still, Christmas will come and go, and soon we'll be at 1 month to go, then 9 days.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #838
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
I can't wait until we're at the point when we can pack- the countdown's slowing down a little again now that we've got all the planning done

Still, Christmas will come and go, and soon we'll be at 1 month to go, then 9 days.
Time is just FLYING BY!!! Your trip will be here before you know it!

Old 12-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #839
pas130
DIS Veteran

Posting this which was on our "old" RC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by klitteral2009 View Post
Not sure if this is the right spot, but I could sure use some reassurance about now! Had a reservation at AoA for several months, crunched the numbers and with the SPD promo saving us $1600 at Pop Century it was a no brainer to change...HOWEVER, I fear that we're going to really be missing the room we had in the AoA suites and I haven't had any warm fuzzies reading many reviews. Anyone stayed and just loved Pop? We're a family of five with one in a pack and play, DD's 11 and 4, and DH and I.
Also to suggest the OP checks out Janet's Pop Rockin' thread!!!

Old 12-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #840
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Got this little package in the mail today for our August trip! So exciting!

I'm gonna try to get caught up.....we are so stinking busy!!! But, the kids and I have a half day tomorrow and then we are off until 1/2/14!!!!

Plus my DMIL flies in on Saturday, so basically free babysitting for the next week!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: