Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #781
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, just popping in to give Janet a date change:

March 4-12 POR
Old 12-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #782
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Darn money!!!!
I know, right? If it weren't for stupid money, I could spend more time in my favorite place.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #783
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone, just popping in to give Janet a date change: March 4-12 POR
Your last day there is my DH's birthday.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #784
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Just made my...third change for a trip that is still a year away! (This time next year I'll be at WDW!) LOL! Hope everyone is doing well and having fun!

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #785
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hello to my dear friends from Chilly and coooooold Alberta!! looks like I missed the worst of it last week, basking in 85 Degree record-breaking Florida weather while my family froze in -45 degree -- YES that was MINUS 45 degree weather in Alberta!!! it hurt to come off the plane! in more ways than one,
Firstly, my body was so sore and achy from all the walking and the jam-packed week, walking was painful! If I still had to do another 3 days at Universal like I usually do with the family, I truly don't know how I could have done it! I need a vacation from my vacation and have come to the conclusion that Disney is not a vacation, it's very physical and demanding, and not really relaxing when you are out at the parks and busy until midnight every day!!!

Dawn and I had a great time, and truly enjoyed Janet and Rosie's company! Meeting up with our Deena, and our sweet Melissa was extra - special too! I wish I could have met up with you Jeanette, and am very sad I missed you, but one of these days we will be destined to meet, I am sure!

I truly enjoyed my time, POFQ was nice and great for what we needed, but I have made up my mind I am definitely a deluxe loving gal, and will only stay deluxe in the future, even if I have to save longer to afford it. I don't really know when I'll be back again, this trip took alot out of me, and so much of it had to be scheduled, for the first time ever I didn't do RocknRoller coaster (missed my FP time) , didn't do Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain or Big Thunder mountain, nor Pirates of the Carribean! We did see lots of shows, and did do some of my favourites, but I found myself seriously running out of time and wishing it was the old way with paper fast pass as the ride lines where quite long. It was also very busy, busier than I enjoy. I think my favourite time of the year is January to go to Disney!

My last night in Disney we didn't get back to our room until about 12:30pm and by the time I had packed, it was 2 am --then something must not have sat well with me because I ended up in the bathroom sicker than a dog, I haven't been that sick in a couple years!!! Definitely must have been a bout of food poisoning because as quick as it came, it was over! it wasn't pleasant though!

I am not sure when I'll get back again because with my youngest son in Grade 12, and perhaps joining the military, I can see us very busy over the next year or 2 trying to get him on his life course

My hubby and I talked and we said , perhaps our next vacation will be somewhere truly relaxing, like Turks and Caicos/ so I can come back refreshed instead of in agony, LOL!!! sounds like something I would be willing to look into, I've heard Sandals is a great experience for couples!

While I was gone all heck broke out in our house!!! My hubby got the call for his second hand surgery/ joint replacement the day I left for Florida.... he was in Surgery on the Thursday DEC 5! Also on the 3rd when I left, my hubby got a call from the local hospital, my oldest son whose electrician apprenticing got his finger caught in a drill and broke it!!! So everyone had to make due without mom to help! Allan is home recovering from his joint replacement, and we are hoping the new year brings success and better news for his recovery!

Well, it's about home time, I need to close down the office, so I'll sign off for now, but wanted to stop by and say HI to my favourite ladies....
Hope you are all having a Terrific Tuesday!!

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #786
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Hello all RCers!

I have been trying to catch up but AHHHH, life! Wanted to say WELCOME BACk to those recently returned and YAY, ENJOY to those about to go!!!

Sorry I have been AWOL - I had a friend go on emergency bedrest at 32 weeks pregnant with twins and needed help with her 2 1/2 year old so I have been trying to help her out as well as keep my two kiddos stuff going. Luckily, she managed to hold on for another 2 1/2 weeks and delivered a healthy baby girl and boy.
Eldest DD is finishing swim lessons and starting tap on top of taekwondo so we're just a bit pinched for time. Good news is we had her tested and she is borderline ADHD but they observed some anxiety issues so we just started her on a medication to help control the anxiety and as a great side effect should help her focus. *fingers crossed* it helps - we're trying to get her on a good path before my surgery so we're not just compounding the stress.

On the Disney front, I have to confess I have been holding onto two reservations for our trip - one at WL and one at SoG. DH wants me to surrender the SoG rezzie but I'm having such a hard time... it's so much savings! But it's not Disney!!!

Hope to have some down time this weekend
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #787
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

March 4-12 POR
Edited to add you ladies are the only ones who I am telling about this trip for now...I have had too much ridicule from co-workers and friends about our Disney love lately. DH discussed this, it will probably be our last trip till 2016 at the earliest. 2015 is looking like an Alaska cruise if we can swing it. Anyway, glad I have your support ladies!!

We are all super sick over here, so this is something to get excited about. I really want to savor this trip, enjoy POR resort time, and not go go go.

HUGS all around!

Jen
Old 12-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #788
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi RCers I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Busy busy around here to be sure.

I hope you guys all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent it in the NC mtns. We woke up to snow on our first morning there which made this gal very happy. . We got back to FL, dropped off the Christmas tree at home and basically turned and burned over to WDW for a few days. It was a very busy WDW trip since we had 2 different sets of family to visit at WDW. I was glad to at least get to give a quick HI to JanetB and Rosie one night. I wish I could have met more of you guys, but time didn't permit.

Crowds were pretty good for us. Magic Bands worked for us only about 50% of the time. And boy-oh-boy do I feel sorry for CMs manning the attraction lines... definitely a thankless job right now with all the Magic Band issues.

Before we arrived, our travel partners were Magically upgraded free-of-charge to a different resort (a deluxe ) than POR like we all planned. So since we wouldn't all be together, we decided the day before we checked in to do a big ole RC and move to POP and save some pennies. And we are glad we did. After a less than stellar ASmu visit last month, POP has restored our faith in the joys of Value resort stays again. POP rocks!

We are going to sneak over for the day this weekend to DTD again. Then when my DB flies in for his Christmas visit, we are reserved at POP again Dec 20 to show him some Christmas cheer. We have a Candlelight Pkg with Trace Atkins at Coral Reef. I am curious to try this restaurant after so many poor reviews. Also, our new Bands arrived in the mail yesterday for next week. I am really hoping we have better results this next time.

Time to make my ticker for March. Take care.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #789
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hello to my dear friends from Chilly and coooooold Alberta!! looks like I missed the worst of it last week, basking in 85 Degree record-breaking Florida weather while my family froze in -45 degree -- YES that was MINUS 45 degree weather in Alberta!!! it hurt to come off the plane! in more ways than one,
Firstly, my body was so sore and achy from all the walking and the jam-packed week, walking was painful! If I still had to do another 3 days at Universal like I usually do with the family, I truly don't know how I could have done it! I need a vacation from my vacation and have come to the conclusion that Disney is not a vacation, it's very physical and demanding, and not really relaxing when you are out at the parks and busy until midnight every day!!!

Dawn and I had a great time, and truly enjoyed Janet and Rosie's company! Meeting up with our Deena, and our sweet Melissa was extra - special too! I wish I could have met up with you Jeanette, and am very sad I missed you, but one of these days we will be destined to meet, I am sure!

I truly enjoyed my time, POFQ was nice and great for what we needed, but I have made up my mind I am definitely a deluxe loving gal, and will only stay deluxe in the future, even if I have to save longer to afford it. I don't really know when I'll be back again, this trip took alot out of me, and so much of it had to be scheduled, for the first time ever I didn't do RocknRoller coaster (missed my FP time) , didn't do Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain or Big Thunder mountain, nor Pirates of the Carribean! We did see lots of shows, and did do some of my favourites, but I found myself seriously running out of time and wishing it was the old way with paper fast pass as the ride lines where quite long. It was also very busy, busier than I enjoy. I think my favourite time of the year is January to go to Disney!

My last night in Disney we didn't get back to our room until about 12:30pm and by the time I had packed, it was 2 am --then something must not have sat well with me because I ended up in the bathroom sicker than a dog, I haven't been that sick in a couple years!!! Definitely must have been a bout of food poisoning because as quick as it came, it was over! it wasn't pleasant though!

I am not sure when I'll get back again because with my youngest son in Grade 12, and perhaps joining the military, I can see us very busy over the next year or 2 trying to get him on his life course

My hubby and I talked and we said , perhaps our next vacation will be somewhere truly relaxing, like Turks and Caicos/ so I can come back refreshed instead of in agony, LOL!!! sounds like something I would be willing to look into, I've heard Sandals is a great experience for couples!

While I was gone all heck broke out in our house!!! My hubby got the call for his second hand surgery/ joint replacement the day I left for Florida.... he was in Surgery on the Thursday DEC 5! Also on the 3rd when I left, my hubby got a call from the local hospital, my oldest son whose electrician apprenticing got his finger caught in a drill and broke it!!! So everyone had to make due without mom to help! Allan is home recovering from his joint replacement, and we are hoping the new year brings success and better news for his recovery!

Well, it's about home time, I need to close down the office, so I'll sign off for now, but wanted to stop by and say HI to my favourite ladies....
Hope you are all having a Terrific Tuesday!!

Marie
oh my, you really have had a lot going on. I'm glad y'all great time. Hopefully, both of your injured men heal quickly, and the joint replacement is a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Hello all RCers!

I have been trying to catch up but AHHHH, life! Wanted to say WELCOME BACk to those recently returned and YAY, ENJOY to those about to go!!!

Sorry I have been AWOL - I had a friend go on emergency bedrest at 32 weeks pregnant with twins and needed help with her 2 1/2 year old so I have been trying to help her out as well as keep my two kiddos stuff going. Luckily, she managed to hold on for another 2 1/2 weeks and delivered a healthy baby girl and boy.
Eldest DD is finishing swim lessons and starting tap on top of taekwondo so we're just a bit pinched for time. Good news is we had her tested and she is borderline ADHD but they observed some anxiety issues so we just started her on a medication to help control the anxiety and as a great side effect should help her focus. *fingers crossed* it helps - we're trying to get her on a good path before my surgery so we're not just compounding the stress.

On the Disney front, I have to confess I have been holding onto two reservations for our trip - one at WL and one at SoG. DH wants me to surrender the SoG rezzie but I'm having such a hard time... it's so much savings! But it's not Disney!!!

I know bed rest stinks, but I'm glad she was able to make it another two weeks to have her twins.
Hopefully, the med your DD was put on works well. I'm sure it's a relief to have answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi RCers I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Busy busy around here to be sure.

I hope you guys all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent it in the NC mtns. We woke up to snow on our first morning there which made this gal very happy. . We got back to FL, dropped off the Christmas tree at home and basically turned and burned over to WDW for a few days. It was a very busy WDW trip since we had 2 different sets of family to visit at WDW. I was glad to at least get to give a quick HI to JanetB and Rosie one night. I wish I could have met more of you guys, but time didn't permit.

Crowds were pretty good for us. Magic Bands worked for us only about 50% of the time. And boy-oh-boy do I feel sorry for CMs manning the attraction lines... definitely a thankless job right now with all the Magic Band issues.

Before we arrived, our travel partners were Magically upgraded free-of-charge to a different resort (a deluxe ) than POR like we all planned. So since we wouldn't all be together, we decided the day before we checked in to do a big ole RC and move to POP and save some pennies. And we are glad we did. After a less than stellar ASmu visit last month, POP has restored our faith in the joys of Value resort stays again. POP rocks!

We are going to sneak over for the day this weekend to DTD again. Then when my DB flies in for his Christmas visit, we are reserved at POP again Dec 20 to show him some Christmas cheer. We have a Candlelight Pkg with Trace Atkins at Coral Reef. I am curious to try this restaurant after so many poor reviews. Also, our new Bands arrived in the mail yesterday for next week. I am really hoping we have better results this next time.

Time to make my ticker for March. Take care.
Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

We ate at Coral Reef and it was a mixed review from our bunch. The boys loved their steaks, and I loved the Mahi Mahi. The DH had the lobster pasta, and he didn't like it. He had thought about getting the Mahi Mahi, but it comes with rice. With his lapband, rice is hard for him to eat. I tried to get him to sub the mashed potatoes, that come with the steak, but he doesn't generally like to make substitutions like that.

Well, the DH and I have settled on a cruise for our 20th anniversary. We're going to book it as soon as we can book for late June 2015. He wants to do a smaller cruise, like 4 to 5 nights, since it'll be our first one. We'll either go out of Galveston, or New Orleans. I've been told New Orleans would probably be cheaper. Now if we can only decide what to do this coming Summer. I thought we were set on the Grand Canyon/ CA. Then my sister announced that she's moving to Falls Church, VA. Now we may do a trip there and check out DC.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #790
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

March 4-12 POR

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I know, right? If it weren't for stupid money, I could spend more time in my favorite place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
Just made my...third change for a trip that is still a year away! (This time next year I'll be at WDW!) LOL! Hope everyone is doing well and having fun!

Courtney
Ch-ch-change is good...details please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Dawn and I had a great time, and truly enjoyed Janet and Rosie's company! Meeting up with our Deena, and our sweet Melissa was extra - special too! I wish I could have met up with you Jeanette, and am very sad I missed you, but one of these days we will be destined to meet, I am sure! Marie
I can't believe surgery when you were gone Marie...you must have been worried sick. Hope he is recovering well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post

Hope you get some down time too! How are you??? And I don't blame ya for holding onto both..just in case

Quote:
Edited to add you ladies are the only ones who I am telling about this trip for now...I have had too much ridicule from co-workers and friends about our Disney love lately. DH discussed this, it will probably be our last trip till 2016 at the earliest. 2015 is looking like an Alaska cruise if we can swing it. Anyway, glad I have your support ladies!!

We are all super sick over here, so this is something to get excited about. I really want to savor this trip, enjoy POR resort time, and not go go go.

HUGS all around!

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
I was glad to at least get to give a quick HI to JanetB and Rosie one night. I wish I could have met more of you guys, but time didn't permit.
Same here

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #791
jewels1916
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?

Haha, okay details. We originally booked Yacht Club. Then we bounced over to Grand Floridian. Now we've upgraded to the main building at the Grand. And those are just the changes we've made since we booked. We started planning for AoA....then we bounced over to a royal guest room at POR. Then we started thinking AKL....before officially booking the Yacht Club. Heh! And I still have a year to go! Also...I should admit that I'm considering adding one night to the beginning of our trip at AKL before we move over to the Grand Floridian. My sis loves the idea of AKL (just not as much as the GF), and the only other time I've been to WDW in December I stayed at AKL, so something about it just makes me think about Christmas. Sounds weird, right? You'd think it would be Wilderness Lodge, but I just love the way AKL looks all decorated for Christmas.

Courtney
'89 - off site (age 4) - DMom DDad Me '94 - off site (age 9) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DGrandparents '99 - All-Star Movies (age 14) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '02 - All-Star Sports (age 16) - Contest of Champions - Dance Team '06 - Wilderness Lodge (age 21) - DMom DDad Me DBrother DSister '08 - Contemporary (age 23) - Finished Grad School - DMom DDad Me Dec. '09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (age 24) - MVMCP - BFF Kelly Me May/June 2010 - POFQ/Pop (age 25) - BFF Kelly and Disboards BFF PiperMae Oct. '12 - Land and Sea Boardwalk/DCL Dream (age 27) - MNSSHP - BFF Joey and Fam Feb. '13 - Polynesian (age 27) - Sister's 21st bday - DMom, DDad, DSis Aug. 2014 - POR (age 29) - Villains Unleashed - First Solo!

jewels1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #792
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha, okay details. We originally booked Yacht Club. Then we bounced over to Grand Floridian. Now we've upgraded to the main building at the Grand. And those are just the changes we've made since we booked. We started planning for AoA....then we bounced over to a royal guest room at POR. Then we started thinking AKL....before officially booking the Yacht Club. Heh! And I still have a year to go! Also...I should admit that I'm considering adding one night to the beginning of our trip at AKL before we move over to the Grand Floridian. My sis loves the idea of AKL (just not as much as the GF), and the only other time I've been to WDW in December I stayed at AKL, so something about it just makes me think about Christmas. Sounds weird, right? You'd think it would be Wilderness Lodge, but I just love the way AKL looks all decorated for Christmas.

Courtney
Hi and welcome!! You'll fit right in, we understand Resort Changes here!
AKL is beautiful, it's a unique experience. I've never seen it decorated for Christmas, but I bet it's lovely!
Your plan to stay at the Grand sound like a wonderful vacation. The nice thing about Disney is that there are lots of great choices.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #793
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Courtney
I think the architecture being like WL makes AKL PERFECT for Christmas!! And the Grand is just NICE WORK! And you're just getting warmed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi and welcome!! You'll fit right in, we understand Resort Changes here!
AKL is beautiful, it's a unique experience. I've never seen it decorated for Christmas, but I bet it's lovely!
Your plan to stay at the Grand sound like a wonderful vacation. The nice thing about Disney is that there are lots of great choices.
I totally agree Ginny

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #794
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Haha, okay details. We originally booked Yacht Club. Then we bounced over to Grand Floridian. Now we've upgraded to the main building at the Grand. And those are just the changes we've made since we booked. We started planning for AoA....then we bounced over to a royal guest room at POR. Then we started thinking AKL....before officially booking the Yacht Club. Heh! And I still have a year to go! Also...I should admit that I'm considering adding one night to the beginning of our trip at AKL before we move over to the Grand Floridian. My sis loves the idea of AKL (just not as much as the GF), and the only other time I've been to WDW in December I stayed at AKL, so something about it just makes me think about Christmas. Sounds weird, right? You'd think it would be Wilderness Lodge, but I just love the way AKL looks all decorated for Christmas. Courtney
Maybe it's because it's a lodge, but I totally get thinking of the AKL for a Christmas stay. When I think of going during Christmas time, I would love to stay at the AKL, WL, or GF.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #795
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

We finally got to make our FP+ selections! We got everything we wanted, pretty much, but who on earth thinks Maelstrom is in the same league as Soarin and Test Track???? I don't get why it's in the first tier. Oh well. Luckily we'll have the DAS to help with lines too.

Quote:

Courtney
I would adore to stay at AKL again, you made a great choice there. We stayed 1 night at Kidani and absolutely loved it. I bet it's even more gorgeous at Christmas time. And GF is a beautiful resort too! Sounds like a great trip

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: