Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #3076
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Hi all. DH and I took a quickie trip to the World last weekend. We went to watch the Triple Crown bid for the horses at Turf Club restaurant. Yep, any ole excuse for WDW works for us. We only planned it about a month in advance but it was one of our easiest weekends ever. Go figure.

We decided to finally cross CBR off our list. It was one of those "hafta" stays this time as it always seemed so easy to change away from this resort at the last minute. I was determined to keep this ressie. Oh boy, was it a PLEASANT SURPRISE. We did it up right with a Pirate Room (while in Rome and all that...). The atmosphere is very relaxed, but I've always thought that of all the Mods. The proximity to quiet pool, bus stop, and our car was one of the most convenient we've every had. We could see our bus stop, the river, and the quiet pool from our windows. Bus service rocked, too, with never more than a 10 minute wait. I'll recommend CBR in a heartbeat. I actually think the Floribbean atmosphere would be the more appealing Mod for non-Floridian visitors. Very pretty. I guess it gets a bad rap because of only offering bus transportation?

At the Parks, FP+ and Bands worked pretty well. We actually got on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with a short wait! Since FP+ times were long gone by the time we planned our trip, we waited 'til pretty late at night to even attempt to ride and hoped for the best. The posted standby wait time was 85 minutes which we were prepared to do. In actuality, only 35 minutes and we were on. I wonder what any of you guys who have ridden SDMT think of it?

It was a Star Wars weekend at DHS. It was cute to see the park visitors dressed up. And cute to see the character "meet and greets" around the Park. We aren't into Star Wars, but we still enjoyed the vibe.

Tomorrow is our FP+ day for August. Getting excited for that now.
I think tomorrow is our FP+ day too! But I could be counting wrong. Hope to see you in August!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #3077
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thank you!!! I sure hope I start feeling better soon. It has not been fun!!! Never experienced this with the girls....
I was luckily with both my pregnancies. My only cravings were anything non-alcoholic Pina Colada (but especially jelly beans), and green grapes. The only things that made me nauseous with both pregnancies was the smell of sour kraut. With the first one, I was working in the kitchen at a day care. The kitchen only had an industrial steamer and over to cook with. When I had to cook chicken and dumplings, I would tear tortillas into a large metal cake pan, fill the pan with water, and steam them in the steamer. The smell of the steamer tortillas made me nauseous.

Quote:
The girls know and they are beyond excited!!!! DD7 actually cried - but she said they were "happy tears". They have wanted another sibling forever, but I have just told them that the factory is closed....

They are very happy that it reopened....
I'm glad they are so happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kim, sure it was bitter sweet for your FIL. Hope he was able to reflect on all the wonderful memories of his father's life.
Unfortunately, it was only in the last 1-2 years of his life that my fil's father was able to win his battle over alcoholism. There are so many more years of drunken phone calls when him cussing my fil out. I think that's what made this one so hard. He was just finally getting the relationship he had always dreamed of having with his father, when he killed himself.

Quote:
And I don't think I welcomed you back from your marathon road trip! You put some serious miles on that car. was a road trip!! Happy you had a good time.
Thank you!! It was a blast!! We didn't get to ride the cars racers ride though. We had gone to La Brea that morning, and by the time we got to DCA, the wait stayed about 2 hours. We just didn't want to wait that long for one ride when we only had the one day in the park. The only other bummers for the trip, were not getting to see all of the Golden Gate bridge, due to fog, and not getting a picture of the boys by the boulder in the pic-nic area of Rocky Mountain National Park that my family and I went to for several Summers. The road to the pic-nic area had been washed away. Then again, something good came out of the last one, since the DH promised to take us back once the road is fixed. I would really love to go back to CA. This time, I would like to spend more time in San Francisco and Northern CA. Hmmm, maybe we could do that for our anniversary next year instead of a cruise.

Quote:
Oh love the shirts and scarves ideas!!!
Thank you. I just wonder how many other people wear outfits like that for the party. I'm working on the scarves now. I'm doing a basket weave pattern.

Quote:
Hoping that the second time around is the charm for him
I told my friend earlier today, that I had no doubt he would pass. Even if she has to rent a scooter and follow behind him, poking him with a cattle prod.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #3078
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
!

Missed you!!! Sorry about your DS Hopefully he will feel better for the trip!
Hi Pas! He gets his cast off July 1st so I'm hoping he will be strong enough to walk. If not, we will get him a wheelchair.

Quote:
Thank you!!! So nice to "see" you here!!!

Your triple split sounds absolutely amazing!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your son.
We actually started the summer off with injury as well, with DD10 getting a concussion last week. Luckily, it was only a mild one, and while she had to miss her last day of school and softball this past weekend, she seems to be doing fine now.
Yikes! That's scary. How did it happen? I'm glad she is recovering well. It stinks for the kiddos to miss those fun last days of school things. DS had to miss his hiking field trip and field day. Bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm sorry DS9 has a broken foot. I'm not sure what they do with broken feet. Is it in a hard cast or some kind of walking boot? Will he be able to swim on your trip? I hope it heals quickly.

Nothing new to report here. On the girls only trip, we're still planning like we're going. I'm just not going to buy my flight to Atlanta, or MVMCP tickets until he passes. On our next family vacation, I'm still trying to convince the hubby to do a cruise next Summer for our 20th. I'm insisting on a balcony. I have a slight claustrophobic problem and I don't like the idea of being in an inside room with no window. Plus I love the idea of being able to sit on the balcony while the guys get dressed. When we're on vacation, I'm always the first one up and first one dressed.
He is in a hard cast with a walking boot over top. His cast is waterproof so he walk and swim now, just no jumping around or really anything a 9 year old boy likes to do

A cruise for your 20th sounds perfect!

Quote:
Hi all. DH and I took a quickie trip to the World last weekend. We went to watch the Triple Crown bid for the horses at Turf Club restaurant. Yep, any ole excuse for WDW works for us. We only planned it about a month in advance but it was one of our easiest weekends ever. Go figure.

We decided to finally cross CBR off our list. It was one of those "hafta" stays this time as it always seemed so easy to change away from this resort at the last minute. I was determined to keep this ressie. Oh boy, was it a PLEASANT SURPRISE. We did it up right with a Pirate Room (while in Rome and all that...). The atmosphere is very relaxed, but I've always thought that of all the Mods. The proximity to quiet pool, bus stop, and our car was one of the most convenient we've every had. We could see our bus stop, the river, and the quiet pool from our windows. Bus service rocked, too, with never more than a 10 minute wait. I'll recommend CBR in a heartbeat. I actually think the Floribbean atmosphere would be the more appealing Mod for non-Floridian visitors. Very pretty. I guess it gets a bad rap because of only offering bus transportation?

At the Parks, FP+ and Bands worked pretty well. We actually got on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with a short wait! Since FP+ times were long gone by the time we planned our trip, we waited 'til pretty late at night to even attempt to ride and hoped for the best. The posted standby wait time was 85 minutes which we were prepared to do. In actuality, only 35 minutes and we were on. I wonder what any of you guys who have ridden SDMT think of it?

It was a Star Wars weekend at DHS. It was cute to see the park visitors dressed up. And cute to see the character "meet and greets" around the Park. We aren't into Star Wars, but we still enjoyed the vibe.

Tomorrow is our FP+ day for August. Getting excited for that now.
Sounds like a fun trip! CBR seems to have a lot of haters, but I really want to try it someday. It looks so pretty to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
CANDACE!!! WOW. I am soooo happy for you guys! Do the girls know? What did they say?

And like Jen said, welcome to the 5 people rooms! LOL. You better do another WL stay while little bit is under 2!
Hi Lacey!

Quote:
The girls know and they are beyond excited!!!! DD7 actually cried - but she said they were "happy tears". They have wanted another sibling forever, but I have just told them that the factory is closed....

They are very happy that it reopened....
Awwww The girls are going to love having a baby around to love on!

Quote:
Hi Iheart!!!!!! So happy to see you here! Broken foot hoping he will be able to swim next month. and yay for your Disney plans!! Dates please!
Hi Janet! Our dates are 7/18-7/29. He should be fine for the trip. He's just a big pain in the butt grumpy-pants right now.

We're starting off with one night AKV (Jambo this time) for some pool/animal viewing time and then a week at Poly CL and ending with 3 nights BWI. (an upgrade to CL is not off of the table if it comes available!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I_heart - triple split?? When in July?
7/18-7/29... I think we just miss you

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I scrolled back a bunch a didn't see any posts from Missoutandabout. Anyone heard from her? Miss ya girlie!

Hi to everyone else I missed!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #3079
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
He is in a hard cast with a walking boot over top. His cast is waterproof so he walk and swim now, just no jumping around or really anything a 9 year old boy likes to do
I'm glad that at least he will be able to swim. Are y'all thinking of renting him a wheelchair, or stroller for the trip?

Quote:
A cruise for your 20th sounds perfect!
It does. The crazy thing is, the price is about the same whether we have 2 rooms or 1.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 06-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #3080
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Monday Peeps!!

I'm so far behind!!

hi ya PixarMom There's always a welcome mat out for RCers!!

Kim, sure it was bitter sweet for your FIL. Hope he was able to reflect on all the wonderful memories of his father's life.

And I don't think I welcomed you back from your marathon road trip! You put some serious miles on that car. was a road trip!! Happy you had a good time.

Hey Ginny...was thinking of you this weekend Hope you too had a nice father's day (even though the kids weren't there).

and we definitely missed you there!

Oh love the shirts and scarves ideas!!!

Hoping that the second time around is the charm for him

Candace, congrats to all of you! A new baby is such a blessing. Hoping that the next 2 trimesters go much more smoothly for you.

Hi Iheart!!!!!! So happy to see you here! Broken foot hoping he will be able to swim next month. and yay for your Disney plans!! Dates please!
Thank you!!! I'm hoping to feel better soon!

Quote:
Lol, but what better reason to go shopping for Disney baby stuff!! :-) Congrats!!

Magic - I would also like to know about the pirate rooms/beds...NOT that I'm looking to change, but if our POR stay works out next month, we may have to try the other mods!

I_heart - triple split?? When in July?

Just over 2 weeks now!! SO excited!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I am ridiculously excited about shopping I have to admit! DH said I need to look into having things shipped back to the house because we aren't bringing it all home on the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Mousemommy, just adding another congrats here! As I said in my PM, always happy to share advice regarding the two "big kids" and one "little!" Yes, we are forced into deluxe resorts! And the third child really helps to justify the club level reservation (in terms of both food consumed and the need to have that lounge handy!)
Thanks again!!! Yes, I have no problem with being "forced" into deluxes...in fact, now it's my justification!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Candace congrats on the baby!!!
Thank you so much!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #3081
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, Jeanette.....do I ever....! So, I am "coming out" to all of you RC'ers today. Back on Mother's day, DH and I found out that we are expecting!!! It was very unexpected, needless to say, but we are embracing the idea and going with it, as obviously, it was meant to be.... I am almost 10 weeks now, and honestly the 1st trimester has been horrible, so I am hoping for better times ahead, especially with our trip coming up. That being said, we have changed to AKL!!! We have an arusha view bunk bed room, which will be perfect for our last trip as a family of four...and we will be able to cross AKL off of our list before we won't be able to stay there anymore. So, that's that! The Mousemommy crew is growing!
Congratulations this is always the best news ... Here's to a healthy and happy baby : )
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #3082
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
Congratulations this is always the best news ... Here's to a healthy and happy baby : )
Thank you!!!

I am soooo tired right now.....I had set my alarm for midnight last night to do our FP+ selections....and of course! the system was down...

I tried for a good half hour before going back to sleep. Luckily, thanks to my over active bladder right now....I was up again around 4 am and it was all set, so I got all of the FP's we want!

I'm sure I'll do a little tweaking...because FP changing has to be a thing, right??? But for now, I'm happy with what I've got.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #3083
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!!!

I am soooo tired right now.....I had set my alarm for midnight last night to do our FP+ selections....and of course! the system was down...

I tried for a good half hour before going back to sleep. Luckily, thanks to my over active bladder right now....I was up again around 4 am and it was all set, so I got all of the FP's we want!

I'm sure I'll do a little tweaking...because FP changing has to be a thing, right??? But for now, I'm happy with what I've got.

For some strange reason I woke up at 4 am, did my online checkin and worked on my FPs. Great way to start the day!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #3084
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For some strange reason I woke up at 4 am, did my online checkin and worked on my FPs. Great way to start the day!!!
Yup! My FP's are DONE. On line check in DONE. I'm PIF and all we have to do is get ready for our trip!!!! 60 days to go!!!!

Oh, I keep forgetting to purchase Memory Maker...DH keeps reminding me....I should do that this afternoon!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #3085
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Fall discounts will include that RPC King room...so don't worry!!
Pas, do tell... more info please.

Quote:
Magic - I would also like to know about the pirate rooms/beds...NOT that I'm looking to change, but if our POR stay works out next month, we may have to try the other mods!
Quote:
Very super cool! The Pirate beds were comfy (I've seen mixed reviews)?? We hope to see you in August!!! Can't wait to ride the Mine train!!!
Pas130 and Koh1977, I love POP beds, and well, the Deluxes comfort level goes without saying. I personally think Mod beds are the worst on property for comfort. That said, there was a box truck full of new mattresses on the opposite side of the lake at CBR than Pirate Rooms. I think near Aruba. I thought I heard rehab starting of some magnitude. So maybe better mattress quality. Pas: I have my opinions of SDMT, just don't want to spill here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Sounds like a great weekend. The CBR will always be special to me since it was the first WDW resort we stayed at. We loved it!! We were in Trinidad South, but it was in 2004 before the refurb.
Yes, yes, we too were in Trinidad South where the Pirates' Lair now resides. We were building 36 and absolutely loved it. Who'da thunk it!!! Wookie, your recent trip sounded wonderful (well, what I read of it anyway). I tried to pop in here to read up on everybody when I could, but I am sure I missed a lot of your reporting.

Quote:
I was up again around 4 am and it was all set, so I got all of the FP's we want!
Quote:
I think tomorrow is our FP+ day too! But I could be counting wrong. Hope to see you in August! For some strange reason I woke up at 4 am, did my online checkin and worked on my FPs. Great way to start the day!!!
Wow! GG, MM and I all did FP+ this morning. What's your Sunday looking like, GG?

Quote:
Hi Pas! He gets his cast off July 1st so I'm hoping he will be strong enough to walk. He is in a hard cast with a walking boot over top. His cast is waterproof so he walk and swim now, just no jumping around or really anything a 9 year old boy likes to do ... Sounds like a fun trip! CBR seems to have a lot of haters, but I really want to try it someday. It looks so pretty to me! ...We're starting off with one night AKV (Jambo this time) for some pool/animal viewing time and then a week at Poly CL and ending with 3 nights BWI. (an upgrade to CL is not off of the table if it comes available!)
i_heart: Your TRIFECTA of Deluxe trip sounds just dreamy. How wonderful! Sounds so cool. I'm hoping your DS will be all ready to make some Disney magic come trip time. ...Now that I've stayed at CBR, I am just puzzing and puzzling (as the Grinch says) over the "why" of the CBR hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I've been a bit scarce for awhile. Lots going on, but I'm hoping things are settling down. I miss my DIS time. We are planning a trip out west next month. It's not often we get to see both our kids at the same time, so that will be special.
Gwynne: I hope all is getting settled for you. I second what you said. I've missed my DIS time, and it usually gets taken up by the bad stuff.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #3086
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pas, do tell... more info please.

Pas130 and Koh1977, I love POP beds, and well, the Deluxes comfort level goes without saying. I personally think Mod beds are the worst on property for comfort. That said, there was a box truck full of new mattresses on the opposite side of the lake at CBR than Pirate Rooms. I think near Aruba. I thought I heard rehab starting of some magnitude. So maybe better mattress quality. Pas: I have my opinions of SDMT, just don't want to spill here.

Yes, yes, we too were in Trinidad South where the Pirates' Lair now resides. We were building 36 and absolutely loved it. Who'da thunk it!!! Wookie, your recent trip sounded wonderful (well, what I read of it anyway). I tried to pop in here to read up on everybody when I could, but I am sure I missed a lot of your reporting.

Wow! GG, MM and I all did FP+ this morning. What's your Sunday looking like, GG?

i_heart: Your TRIFECTA of Deluxe trip sounds just dreamy. How wonderful! Sounds so cool. I'm hoping your DS will be all ready to make some Disney magic come trip time. ...Now that I've stayed at CBR, I am just puzzing and puzzling (as the Grinch says) over the "why" of the CBR hate.

Gwynne: I hope all is getting settled for you. I second what you said. I've missed my DIS time, and it usually gets taken up by the bad stuff.

Here's our Sunday FPs:

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - Disney's Hollywood Studiosฎ
Update
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™9:50 - 10:50 am
Toy Story Midway Mania!10:55 - 11:55 am
Voyage of The Little Mermaid11:55 - 12:10 pm

Afternoon is pool at CSR. Then evening will be at MK. Dinner ADR at the Plaza for 7:30pm. I've never eaten there .... anyone have any opinions????? Magic how does this fit into your plans????
Old 06-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #3087
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's our Sunday FPs:

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - Disney's Hollywood Studiosฎ
Update
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™9:50 - 10:50 am
Toy Story Midway Mania!10:55 - 11:55 am
Voyage of The Little Mermaid11:55 - 12:10 pm

Afternoon is pool at CSR. Then evening will be at MK. Dinner ADR at the Plaza for 7:30pm. I've never eaten there .... anyone have any opinions????? Magic how does this fit into your plans????
We will be at MK that night!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #3088
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will be at MK that night!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #3089
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Thank you!!!

They really need to get some new IT guys and fire Stitch and Animal. I'm glad you were able to finally get the FP's you wanted though.

Quote:
I was looking at the CBR map, trying to remember which building we were in. I know it was either 34, 35, or 36, but it's been too many years to remember. I walked one night from to our room from Old Port Royale. It was such a quick, but relaxing walk.

It really was a wonderful trip. It gave me ideas for future trips.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #3090
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Afternoon is pool at CSR. Then evening will be at MK. Dinner ADR at the Plaza for 7:30pm. I've never eaten there .... anyone have any opinions?????
Hi Linda! I'm a Plaza fan, especially in the summer and other warmer months when a light dinner works well! I think it's a great value, and I love a table near the window when it's available. The food isn't the best in the world, but it's a nice spot, especially when compared with the other MK dining options.

But mostly, I love the Plaza because the Mayor of Main Street made our youngest son "Jr. Mayor" once and it was a ton of fun! He received a button, an announcement and a FP for any ride in MK. For some reason, our older boys had been "picked" for various shows (Monsters, Inc. etc.) for a stretch, but not our youngest. Having the Mayor walk in and pick our youngest was an unexpected treat for him!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
pixarmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: