Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #271
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Our August trip has gained a night (now we're up to 11 nights....) AND we added a 3 night CRUISE!!!!!!

So now, we are 8/16 - 8/21 at AoA, then 8/21 - 8/24 on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay and then 8/24 - 8/27 at AKL CL!!!!!

We are thrilled!!!! DH and the kids have wanted to do the cruise for awhile but I've been very hesitant but....this is going to be an amazing adventure for our family! So excited!
Adding is always good .... take it from this adding days expert!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #272
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Someone may have influenced me to start looking into 4 night cruises.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 03:24 AM   #273
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Our August trip has gained a night (now we're up to 11 nights....) AND we added a 3 night CRUISE!!!!!!

So now, we are 8/16 - 8/21 at AoA, then 8/21 - 8/24 on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay and then 8/24 - 8/27 at AKL CL!!!!!

We are thrilled!!!! DH and the kids have wanted to do the cruise for awhile but I've been very hesitant but....this is going to be an amazing adventure for our family! So excited!
Now that is what I call a resort change! Caught me by complete surprise

Sounds like fun!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #274
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Hey y'all. I was listening to the DISUnplugged as I was cleaning and they started talking about how great our Sue M is and I thought that I needed to come here and check in. I'll try and catch up later, after I drop the boys off at their cousin's house. It has been an even crazier week. My grandmother had a stroke on Monday and was taken by air flight to a Fort Worth hospital. Luckily they had given her this T-something shot and she went home this week.

The best news I have is that I have the money saved up already for my half of the room for my August 2014 trip.
What???? . Me? Mentioned on DisUnplugged? Who knew? I've been so busy the past weeks at work, boss has been away and I was filling in, now have out of town family here visiting from Sask. so haven't had time on boards or to listen to pod cast!! Can you PM me the link?

Glad to hear your grandma will be ok. for $ savings!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside, Aug 2015 Poly!
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #275
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
All I can say is WOW!!! SOUNDS AMAZING!!:
And I will be waiting with baited breath for your trip report!!

What ship are you on??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Adding is always good .... take it from this adding days expert!
it has gone from being a vacation to being a journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Someone may have influenced me to start looking into 4 night cruises.
Do it, do it, do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Now that is what I call a resort change! Caught me by complete surprise

Sounds like fun!
I don't know what finally made me do it! DH and the girls have been all for it for awhile, but last week I was driving the girls to school and they were like "when do we get to go on the Disney boat?!?!" And the wheels started turning again...

DH was 1000% behind it since he'll now have a chance to lounge on the beach and get the kids "out of the country" for the first time.

My only thing was that I didn't want to have any less than 8 park days, so DH agreed to 11 nights so we could still get good park time. So excited!!!!! This is a vacation where we all get what we want...and it's longer, and slightly cheaper than the 10 nights at GF.

It's a good way to knock AoA, and AKL off my list (and get the split stay in) without having to commit a whole 10 nights to either.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #276
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
What???? . Me? Mentioned on DisUnplugged? Who knew? I've been so busy the past weeks at work, boss has been away and I was filling in, now have out of town family here visiting from Sask. so haven't had time on boards or to listen to pod cast!! Can you PM me the link? Glad to hear your grandma will be ok. for $ savings!!
Sue, believe it or not there is another SueM, but she is "SueM in MN" a moderator on the disability board. That is probably the SueM the podcast was referring to as the change from GAC to DAS had been a HUGE topic in the world of disabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #277
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Candace, love the change, but not sold on those vacation plans ch-ch-changing some more

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #278
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Candace: We are on the Dream too, stateroom 7606 deluxe family oceanview with verandah! Mid ship, almost dead center, and only deck 7. I didn't want to go any higher. So yes I will let you know what we think for sure!!

Like I said yesterday though, all of a sudden my excitement has given way to watery nervousness! Drat! I am such a control freak and it is literally killing me that we haven't done this before and have to go with the flow!! I can't even get that excited about the Boardwalk yet. It's all good though, this is good for us! New and unchartered territory!

SueM: I just though of something, maybe it is the other SueM, there is one who posts on disabilities board I think.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #279
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Candace: We are on the Dream too, stateroom 7606 deluxe family oceanview with verandah! Mid ship, almost dead center, and only deck 7. I didn't want to go any higher. So yes I will let you know what we think for sure!!

Like I said yesterday though, all of a sudden my excitement has given way to watery nervousness! Drat! I am such a control freak and it is literally killing me that we haven't done this before and have to go with the flow!! I can't even get that excited about the Boardwalk yet. It's all good though, this is good for us! New and unchartered territory!

SueM: I just though of something, maybe it is the other SueM, there is one who posts on disabilities board I think.
Nice! We booked the same room type also on deck 7 (or maybe 8). When do you get your room assignment? I am sooooooo new to all of this!

And do you not pick your meals until PIF?

And I didn't book the ground transfers because it said to call for resort to port and vice versa transfers so I'm going to do that.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #280
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice! We booked the same room type also on deck 7 (or maybe 8). When do you get your room assignment? I am sooooooo new to all of this!

And do you not pick your meals until PIF?

And I didn't book the ground transfers because it said to call for resort to port and vice versa transfers so I'm going to do that.

Hmmm....we got the room assignment when we booked with the TA (Dreams Unlimited). If you booked on a special price you may not get your room assignment right away...I know you can request a certain room. Friends of ours did.

Also there is no picking meals per se, you get your dining rotation when boarding the ship. So on a three night we get to try all the sit down restaurants once. One of those nights is Pirate night also when they do the big fireworks show.

We did add ground transfers from Port to resort but not to worry it can be added anytime. In fact we took a while to decide that part of it all. There is lots to learn about DCL, you may find yourself over on the cruise boards a lot! They are a friendly bunch over there, which is nice.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #281
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm....we got the room assignment when we booked with the TA (Dreams Unlimited). If you booked on a special price you may not get your room assignment right away...I know you can request a certain room. Friends of ours did.

Also there is no picking meals per se, you get your dining rotation when boarding the ship. So on a three night we get to try all the sit down restaurants once. One of those nights is Pirate night also when they do the big fireworks show.

We did add ground transfers from Port to resort but not to worry it can be added anytime. In fact we took a while to decide that part of it all. There is lots to learn about DCL, you may find yourself over on the cruise boards a lot! They are a friendly bunch over there, which is nice.
Ok. I booked it myself. I found Dreams Unlimited to be less than helpful. I booked a regular rate room. It's probably in my reservation...I'll have to look into it.

We are in the 1st seating for meals...I figure we can do date night on the ship, then we are not having to shell out more for that and kids club.

I've been peeking at the Cruise Board...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #282
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok. I booked it myself. I found Dreams Unlimited to be less than helpful. I booked a regular rate room. It's probably in my reservation...I'll have to look into it.

We are in the 1st seating for meals...I figure we can do date night on the ship, then we are not having to shell out more for that and kids club.

I've been peeking at the Cruise Board...
You can change your cabin when you sign in. However, these cruises are likely almost at full capacity and you might have a guarantee right now, which means you are guaranteed that category or better but there's no stock for you to choose from.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #283
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can change your cabin when you sign in. However, these cruises are likely almost at full capacity and you might have a guarantee right now, which means you are guaranteed that category or better but there's no stock for you to choose from.
I just logged back into my reservation and we have room # 8096, which is smack dab in the middle of the ship. I'm happy with that!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #284
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just logged back into my reservation and we have room # 8096, which is smack dab in the middle of the ship. I'm happy with that!

I have been pricing out 4 night cruises. I have to nail down when we're actually going before I can solidify any cruise pricing for us.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #285
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have been pricing out 4 night cruises. I have to nail down when we're actually going before I can solidify any cruise pricing for us.
I looked at the 4 night too, but I think 3 nights is good to get our feet wet...and seeing if we like it....again, we've never done this before. It's going to be crazy!!!!!!

Plus, I am excited that we get to try two resorts that we didn't want to commit a whole 10 nights to (but DH doesn't want to split either)...this way we get around the split loophole and he is ok with it!

PAST TRIPS:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: