Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 AM   #256
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Candace: Are u watching??
Oh, I was watching!!! Go Sox!

But these late nights are killing me!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #257
pas130
DIS Veteran

Just another Manic Monday Multi-quote

Melissa How is Miss Sarah???

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
FP+ hasn't shown up yet for those dates but we are annual passholder's and you can see the calendar will let you get FP at 60 days out.

I check everyday and I was so surprised to find the MB's last night. Last time the FP showed up first then MB's.
Since there are 7 colors for MB, we got lucky and everyone has a different color...I ended up with yellow, the things we do for our babies..and I have been tweaking FP every day..I LOVE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Ok, it is official. I have left my former agency and signed with a new one! I am VERY happy about this and confident with this decision. It wasn't an easy one, but it ultimately had to happen for my own professional future and for my happiness with where I am.
Congrats sis!!!! Does this mean you'll consider me for a client...just kidding, I would never subject you to that torture I have been thinking about you lots!!! We are having DS5 evaluated soon, and DH is taking it well (me not so much but I am following his lead) he mentioned how great Danimal is, and used you as an example to stay strong. So you and Melissa are my idols right now,and everytime I want to cry, or the little guy has a meltdown I think of you two ladies and do my best to hold it together Sorry to go off topic, just adore you sis and your beautiful family!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
The magic band thing is crazy, isn't it? Between dh and me, we have 8 bands. He suggested we use them to decorate the Christmas tree.
I LOVE IT!!!!! Magic band garland !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Congrats!! are they looking for any others?
They can have a special RC division, and Dani can be the manager!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Congrats! I know you will be a success where ever you are!!!
Mama she absolutely will!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Pas, I remember how she took all the challenges she faced (including that awful storm, Sandy) one day at a time. She was a great life teacher. Her sweet posts are so missed.
Sarah was one of a kind! Tomorrow is the one year Sandy anniversary in NJ too. Maybe that's why she's in my mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
If we plan another trip for next year I have decided US PBH or a Studio Villa @ GF
WHEN you plan Sheila...and Oh my it's almost NOVEMBER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Ugh! I wish CR CL wasn't so darn expensive. No, I wish the poly would just not be under construction.

I really think we would enjoy AKL, I am just not sure we will like not being in the middle of everything...
This whole Poly thing ugh...GF all over again, it's TOO MUCH building IMO..but I am trying to accept it..this is why WL beckons...it's like being secluded, yet SO close to my castle

Quote:
See this is why I do crazy split stays .... I really can't make up my mind!!!
And you are famous for them...how are you Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Jeanette: You too, my lovely friend. It makes my heart hurt when I remember how I_Heart, Sarah and I had planned to met up in January. I then remind myself of how fortunate I was to have met our Sarah along with Jen. Sarah, always and forever our bright and shining RC star.
She is always with us Miss E, always

Dimndgal1 How are you hanging in girl, no thoughts or itch to switch we can help with????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
While Pas, Dani and I have been trying to coordinate a meet up, my mind goes back to last Sept when we had dinner together; it was so much fun. For December, we have an ADR at GF Cafe for breakfast.. for Sarah, her home away from her NJ home. I'm thankful you all had a chance to "meet" her in person.. she was lovely.

And speaking of December..which day is your AK day. DH decided he wants to go now because it's always been to hot to enjoy it. Have I mentioned how great it is to have him plan with me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
pas is right, no guarantees on daybeds at YC/BC. I've gotten a room without 3 times now and there are 6 of us. No worries though, it's still tied with the Poly as my fave resort.
DH and I can't feel the YC love...something is so wrong with me....

pas - My kids still jump on the furniture too. Well, at least DD2 and DS7 do.
ALL of mine do UGH

Still strong at the Poly! A record for you I'm sure!
Are you feeling better??The kids are better I hope! And yep, still Poly!!! A serious record, I am telling ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
PAS only 38 days for me! I'm getting very excited to meet you all! It'll be a whirlwind trip / but one to remember forever!
Definitely, and Marie, I love the new suitcase!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
It's not if, but WHEN you plan that next trip to GFV.

Magic, we will be at the Poly!!! It may be my last monorail stay if DH has anything to say about it...which he may or may not

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Hey y'all. I was listening to the DISUnplugged as I was cleaning and they started talking about how great our Sue M is and I thought that I needed to come here and check in. I'll try and catch up later, after I drop the boys off at their cousin's house. It has been an even crazier week. My grandmother had a stroke on Monday and was taken by air flight to a Fort Worth hospital. Luckily they had given her this T-something shot and she went home this week.

The best news I have is that I have the money saved up already for my half of the room for my August 2014 trip.
Yay for half of the money, and yay for our Sue!!

Quote:
Jeanette: I really want to hear your take on the Poly even with the construction going on. BTW thanks for the shout out on the first post, you are such a sweetheart
Jen
AWWWW shucks, you're welcome Jen. And so far I see the Poly construction as non-intrusive so it's safe to stay there now as opposed to 2014...and to DD. 5 already WOW! I can't believe still my youngest is 5..too too fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Sooooo on the planning front, GF looks more and more like a GO! I am actually getting pretty excited about it. I just need to nail some dates down.
August 17-22...just throwing it out there

Quote:
Yay for the new agency and the GF!!!!

We are excited about the GF too!!! pick August, pick August!

Quote:

I'm tired just reading about her schedule.

The DH and I got a surprise date night tonight. The nephew called and invited our DSs over for dinner. He was going to be doing all the cooking and wanted them to come over "just for dinner only, no spending the night." By the time we got there, they were spending the night. We went to an eat in theatre and saw Gravity. I was talking about how if we did buy a house, we could paint the rooms like we like. The DH says that I'm still grounded from painting.
Very cool for date night....yeah, I painted once....ONCE...the bathroom was pepto bismol pink...never again. I am however approved to remove wallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you, too belatedly. Your DH has a point that when you keep going many times over the years, you do notice the not-so-good changes and it's a bit demoralizing. You will always be the RC hostess with the mostess and always our queen.

We're now arriving a day early and departing a day early so 12/22 - 12/30. The day earlier gets us 40% off and departing a day earlier removes a day of only 20% off. This trip I couldn't book CL with the SoG overflow rate, so we're booked non-CL.
So you're still at WL? Just not CL, correct? I should just check the Lodger's log YAY for 40% off the elusive Christmas week!

I totally am picturing you on a snowblower now

You are SO sweet DS5 was watching Youtube videos of Men In Black and Transformers..he keeps saying no Disney, and no Princesses...BOY OH BOY...and DH keeps shaking his head at old River Country videos. He is complaining about construction, but lucky for me still happy we are going to WDW. However, I think it's a ploy to divert our August trip back to US/IoA But for him, I WILL change to a non-MK resort if it'll make him happy! (WL will make him happy I think)

Quote:
Just stopping by to say hi. Sorry that I'm not able to multi quote but I am reading all of your get well posts and each and everyone of them mean so much to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Crowds have been very manageable (except for our little jaunt over to check out F&W yesterday evening). Weather is gorgeous. Only just got hot enough to notice around 2pm. Here's Miss M's first meeting with the white rabbit:

Glad you are having a great trip. Miss M looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #258
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! Miss M looks beautiful in that dress! Only got to read last page. Will try to get caught up after work. It's been crazy at work, had to go in at 6:45 most of last week. Tired then busy weekend.
Now waiting for our cousins from Sask. to arrive. I think they may be delayed with Calgary snow storm. They're driving.
Better get ready for work! Hate Monday!!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #259
dimndgal1
One little spark...

I can't get over all the Magic bands! I really think we need to find some sort of craft project to use them with - garlands for the tree or magical jump ropes!

disneydreamin247 congrats! Hope the move works out awesome for you!

Quote:
I'll be there in August. I just hope the crowds are really low. This will be my first time going with one under three.
Disney with an under 3 is such a unique experience! We took DD to DL at 18 months and it just lets you tour the park so differently. We did a lot of the shows and spent tons of time looking at the scenery. The water features were also a HUGE hit.

Missoutandabout your DD's picture made me smile!

Hope everyone's Monday is going well! Littlest and I are fighting colds so it's a snuggle down day for me. Just more time to argue back and forth with myself about resort rooms!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #260
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say hi. Kids are at school and mostly healthy, lol! Sarah has a horrible barking cough but after weeks and weeks of antibiotics I can't imagine she has an infection, so we are just taking it day by day.

we looked at the calendar to try to squeeze another trip in before F&W ends but we have plans this coming weekend that DH doesn't want to cancel and the following weekend is Veterans Day and the crowd levels are crazy high. So looks like Disney will wait until December.

Also watching the FL res rates on the Disney cruises (after Deena mentioned it), hoping something will fit into our schedules!!!

I'll try to catch up with everyone latter today. HUGS all around!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #261
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Dimndgal1 How are you hanging in girl, no thoughts or itch to switch we can help with????
LOL, thanks for checking in!

I am so right now! I finally sat down and made a list of What we NEED/What we WANT/ What we would LIKE for our resort. The room we have now meets most all the criteria... but for some reason I'm just so unsettled. I think it's because SoG also meets the criteria and is cheaper overall but when I think about Shades, I worry I'll have a feeling of settling... which is odd because I have no problem with Shades, I just think WL Bunk works better for our current situation.

It's even harder because DH gave me blanket 'go with whatever you like' and I was like "oooh, YC!" but we can't get a room at the great rate so $$$ and there is no guarantee for the third bed which we NEED. AGHHH! Decisions!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
Old 10-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #262
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

We were celebrating my gramma's 80th birthday yesterday and we talked about the wedding a little bit. She is very excited for it and my aunt, who will not be attending, was hoping we could skype the wedding. Doing a livestream costs extra, but we can see if we will be able to work it into the budget or at least have someone record it so everyone else can watch it.

And oh my gosh! The World Series is killing me. Two more games Cardinals. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #263
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say.....16 days to go!!

Okay actually I am nervous as heck about the cruise! I am so hoping it turns out to be great but will take it as it comes. I just hate the not knowing!!

Waving hi to all, have a great Tuesday!!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #264
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just popping in to say.....16 days to go!!

Okay actually I am nervous as heck about the cruise! I am so hoping it turns out to be great but will take it as it comes. I just hate the not knowing!!

Waving hi to all, have a great Tuesday!!
I have heard NOTHING but wonderful things about the Disney cruise!!! The people that I know who have done it have all said that it's a lot of $$ but worth every penny! You are going to have a great time!!!!

16 days!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #265
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

I've been at the Poly since Sunday and boy oh boy am I in heaven. Even with the construction it's still beautiful. You can't beat the smell of that lobby.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #266
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
I've been at the Poly since Sunday and boy oh boy am I in heaven. Even with the construction it's still beautiful. You can't beat the smell of that lobby.
Ty for posting this! I have friends doing a 3 generation, once in a lifetime trip next week and had been worried since they are at Poly. They said the location and amenities will balance the construction drama, but I just want their trip to be perfect. Feel better knowing it`s still amazing despite the heavy machinery!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #267
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Look what just arrived!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #268
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Look what just arrived!!
YAY!

AHHHHH
I keep pulling up AKL and looking through photos! I really need to find another way to fill my days!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #269
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Major, major (did I mention MAJOR) changes!

Our August trip has gained a night (now we're up to 11 nights....) AND we added a 3 night CRUISE!!!!!!

So now, we are 8/16 - 8/21 at AoA, then 8/21 - 8/24 on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay and then 8/24 - 8/27 at AKL CL!!!!!

We are thrilled!!!! DH and the kids have wanted to do the cruise for awhile but I've been very hesitant but....this is going to be an amazing adventure for our family! So excited!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #270
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our August trip has gained a night (now we're up to 11 nights....) AND we added a 3 night CRUISE!!!!!!

So now, we are 8/16 - 8/21 at AoA, then 8/21 - 8/24 on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay and then 8/24 - 8/27 at AKL CL!!!!!

We are thrilled!!!! DH and the kids have wanted to do the cruise for awhile but I've been very hesitant but....this is going to be an amazing adventure for our family! So excited!
All I can say is WOW!!! SOUNDS AMAZING!!:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: