Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #2431
pas130
DIS Veteran

Heather, awesome sandcastle!! And my current booking happens to be in Brunswick, ga
Old 04-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #2432
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I agree. I always use the crowd calendar. But I will hit up the evening EMH sometimes for MK and HS.
We almost always do evening EMH, especially for MK and HS. :-) DD has been asleep most of the time, but DS will keep going until he sits down on the bus and crashes. Lol. We may not use the time at MK this time around considering normal hours are until midnight and the extra hours are 12-2am! May switch some things around as a result... Including possibly hitting up HS the evening of our resort day as opposed to MK again since we will have 2.5 days there already. May give us a chance to do Fantasmic that night and ride Toy Story Mania again. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #2433
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Epcot! I just looked at the Easy Disney crowd calendar. MK is in red. They have morning EMH I think? Good park to steer clear of if you're not getting in for EMH.
I love this crowd calendar and plan my trips on his recommendations.
Never used it much but between you and Linda and Ginny I have looked gravitated to it a bit more...usually use my own "just winging" it mentality and it has seems to work ... steer clear of parks with morning EMH when not intending to arrive at RD. EMH at MK is a must do and lately we have been adding in HS as well. We are night owls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
aw man, you mean it's not Friday yet?
One day closer, Kim, one day closer Easy does it!

Quote:

That's awesome. I would love to eat at BOG at lunch on our September trip, but I'm not sure if we will or not. When we ate there in September, I had the steak. I subb'd the macaroni for the pomme frites, but I didn't like it at all. The green beans, however, were amazing!!
Sam loved the Mac n cheese, go figure! Love the green beans too. Last trip I had the Braised Pork (Coq au Vin Style) soo good and as I posted before, available in a lunch sized portion.

Quote:
Very true and thank you. Right now she's being watched extremely closely. I was so happy today to hear her laugh that I almost cried.

Quote:
We almost had an RC on our girls only trip. My friend asked me if I would be willing to change to the BC or YC. She had seen pics of the pool and was interested in it. I called and check, but they didn't have any availability with the military discount for our dates.
Keep checking....you know other people (besides RCers) do change their minds too..

Quote:
I agree. I always use the crowd calendar. But I will hit up the evening EMH sometimes for MK and HS.
Me too!! And I'll throw in EMH at AK! Love riding EE several times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning All!

I actually slept in this morning....didn't get up until 7:15

Yesterday, we built sandcastles...Faith's favorite thing to do. You can see the kids in the background....barely

Love the Sandcastle!! Faith rocks!! Now perhaps she can work in some hidden mickeys on tomorrow's masterpiece... those shells would make some good ones.

Quote:

Go for, Janet!! You can do it!! 5K....then 10K...then half!!!!
Thanks for the encouragement! Would need to start participating in some local ones first... maybe get Sam interested in it too... great exercise and heck I really want the medal and another reason to go to Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Heather, awesome sandcastle!! And my current booking happens to be in Brunswick, ga
(Pas, your use of "current" doesn't escape me...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We almost always do evening EMH, especially for MK and HS. :-) DD has been asleep most of the time, but DS will keep going until he sits down on the bus and crashes. Lol. We may not use the time at MK this time around considering normal hours are until midnight and the extra hours are 12-2am! May switch some things around as a result... Including possibly hitting up HS the evening of our resort day as opposed to MK again since we will have 2.5 days there already. May give us a chance to do Fantasmic that night and ride Toy Story Mania again. ;-)
Great minds think alike HS sounds like a good plan on a resort day, fitting in Fantasmic when you've had a relaxing day. And it leaves your other HS day more open not having to either book a Fantasmic package or wait in long lines for the showing.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #2434
CoreyGirl
Earning My Ears

Good morning!
I've been off DIS for a little while. . . crazy with DD4 birthday, Easter, etc. . . but am just back and trying to catch up a bit. Thought I'd pop over and say hi!
Love the travel pics! Heading to Florida this weekend, first solo trip without the kiddos so a little nervous about that. Weekend in Orlando with my best friend, but not sure if we'll set foot in Disney as she's really pushing for a day at Universal. I'm not a rollercoaster gal! Oh, well, just looking forward to the warmth and sunshine!
Booked our ADRs this week and also booked ADRs for my mom and her friend. . . and am now back to calculating price difference if we do a RC!! Free Dining or a Fall promotion will sway me for sure. . . .
Have a great day everyone!

Upcoming:
October 2014 ASMusic

Previous:
October 2013 ASMusic, October 2012 ASMusic, May 2012 Ft. Wilderness, May 2000 Ft. Wilderness/ASMusic
October 1987 Caribbean Beach Resort, Many other off-site as well!
CoreyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #2435
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning All!

I actually slept in this morning....didn't get up until 7:15 n

Yesterday, we built sandcastles...Faith's favorite thing to do. You can see the kids in the background....barely

Yummmmm! Kona's has the best creme brulee!!!!! And so does France!!! Did I mention that I love creme brulee??? Could eat my weight in the stuff!!

What a great way to wake up .... seeing this picture! Now this is my idea of a perfect vacation!

Creme brulee is my favorite dessert .... note to self .... make ADR for Kona and France!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #2436
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a great way to wake up .... seeing this picture! Now this is my idea of a perfect vacation! Creme brulee is my favorite dessert .... note to self .... make ADR for Kona and France!!!
I would like to find a place that has bananas foster...I know Ohana has the bananas foster bread pudding, but not quite the same...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #2437
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Never used it much but between you and Linda and Ginny I have looked gravitated to it a bit more...usually use my own "just winging" it mentality and it has seems to work ... steer clear of parks with morning EMH when not intending to arrive at RD. EMH at MK is a must do and lately we have been adding in HS as well. We are night owls.

Don't let Janet kid you she doesn't wing it .... puts a lot of thought and care into each day!

One day closer, Kim, one day closer Easy does it!

Sam loved the Mac n cheese, go figure! Love the green beans too. Last trip I had the Braised Pork (Coq au Vin Style) soo good and as I posted before, available in a lunch sized portion.

Love the Braised Pork!

Keep checking....you know other people (besides RCers) do change their minds too..

Me too!! And I'll throw in EMH at AK! Love riding EE several times!

Yes you do love EE!

Love the Sandcastle!! Faith rocks!! Now perhaps she can work in some hidden mickeys on tomorrow's masterpiece... those shells would make some good ones.

Didn't that picture just make you want to be there?

Thanks for the encouragement! Would need to start participating in some local ones first... maybe get Sam interested in it too... great exercise and heck I really want the medal and another reason to go to Disney!!

We planned to do a Disney 5K once ... just never got around to registering!

(Pas, your use of "current" doesn't escape me...)

Pas she caught you!

Great minds think alike HS sounds like a good plan on a resort day, fitting in Fantasmic when you've had a relaxing day. And it leaves your other HS day more open not having to either book a Fantasmic package or wait in long lines for the showing.

Sounds like a great plan
That is all. I am done now.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #2438
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I officially have the most patient and wonderful TA on the planet. I just upgraded us to Sugarloaf - so now we are back to our original booking. Full circle ladies, full circle...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #2439
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Linda, thank you! and yes I am quite detailed and organized in my park touring... really the only time I can say I'm organized is at Disney... Rosie told me she never got as much done as when she was with me ... it wasn't crazy either .. we had lots of fun....yeah the 5K remark was also intended for you.... seems we need to plan another January trip and actually register for the race.

EE over and over.... what can be better? think your back is up for the challenge?

Jeanette says she going to make sure she gets her butt to AK ... good, I can be good at butt kicking ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyGirl View Post
Good morning!
I've been off DIS for a little while. . . crazy with DD4 birthday, Easter, etc. . . but am just back and trying to catch up a bit. Thought I'd pop over and say hi!
Love the travel pics! Heading to Florida this weekend, first solo trip without the kiddos so a little nervous about that. Weekend in Orlando with my best friend, but not sure if we'll set foot in Disney as she's really pushing for a day at Universal. I'm not a rollercoaster gal! Oh, well, just looking forward to the warmth and sunshine!
Booked our ADRs this week and also booked ADRs for my mom and her friend. . . and am now back to calculating price difference if we do a RC!! Free Dining or a Fall promotion will sway me for sure. . . .
Have a great time on your weekend get a way! A day at Universal will be fun, can't wait to get back myself for the WWoHP and the expansion. Enjoy the FL sunshine.

And it's always fun to play with Disney math.

Quote:
What a great way to wake up .... seeing this picture! Now this is my idea of a perfect vacation!

Creme brulee is my favorite dessert .... note to self .... make ADR for Kona and France!!!
You are eating at Kona and France (oh la la...the bakery, what can be better?! )

Quote:
I would like to find a place that has bananas foster...I know Ohana has the bananas foster bread pudding, but not quite the same...
Its so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I officially have the most patient and wonderful TA on the planet. I just upgraded us to Sugarloaf - so now we are back to our original booking. Full circle ladies, full circle...
So the slate is wiped clean...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #2440
DINKsAtDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Epcot! I just looked at the Easy Disney crowd calendar. MK is in red. They have morning EMH I think? Good park to steer clear of if you're not getting in for EMH.
I love this crowd calendar and plan my trips on his recommendations.
OMG - I have never seen this before, thanks!! This will being my trip planning to a whole other level of Type A!
DINKsAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #2441
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Linda, thank you! and yes I am quite detailed and organized in my park touring... really the only time I can say I'm organized is at Disney... Rosie told me she never got as much done as when she was with me ... it wasn't crazy either .. we had lots of fun....yeah the 5K remark was also intended for you.... seems we need to plan another January trip and actually register for the race.

EE over and over.... what can be better? think your back is up for the challenge?

Jeanette says she going to make sure she gets her butt to AK ... good, I can be good at butt kicking ...

Have a great time on your weekend get a way! A day at Universal will be fun, can't wait to get back myself for the WWoHP and the expansion. Enjoy the FL sunshine.

You are eating at Kona and France (oh la la...the bakery, what can be better?! )

Its so yummy!

Technically - yes! A shiny, brand new reservation that my most wonderful TA had to make for me!

She really is awesome!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #2442
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Technically - yes! A shiny, brand new reservation that my most wonderful TA had to make for me!

She really is awesome!
Hooray!!

And I've heard that if you go all the way around the resorts and pass go, you collect $200.00! (maybe that's just a goofy rumor...)

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #2443
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Its so yummy!

It's so fun to read your multi-quotes! It's nice to keep up with the RCer's..lots of planning going on.

to the RC buddies!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #2444
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hooray!!

And I've heard that if you go all the way around the resorts and pass go, you collect $200.00! (maybe that's just a goofy rumor...)
Don't I wish!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 04-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #2445
dimndgal1
One little spark...

SOOOOO tired! ILs are still here and DD has been back at school so it's up to me to entertain (LO has another year or so until she can take over).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
What a wonderful day for your family! I saw a brief story about the egg roll on the news. It looked like a great time had by all.
It was a lot of fun but sooo crowded!!! My MIL HATES crowds so she complained A LOT (yes, this is the woman driving the train for Christmas at Disney). Still, I knew the two or three things we wanted to do and hit them all in an hour - Disney experience pays off! DD was so awestruck by seeing the cast of Jessie more than the President and I loved her first 'star' encounter (mine was Patrick Stewart!)

Quote:
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. It's been beyond crazy around here. The friend that I work with found out that her daughter has been cutting herself. She had to take her to the ER to get a metal wire taken out of her arm. Well she voluntarily admitted her to a mental health facility. My friend didn't think her daughter was safe there, so she tried to get her out. Long story short, she was in court today trying to get her daughter back. Luckily, they did, and they are seeking help for her at another facility. I have been stressed both by being left alone with a house full of kids (with no help) and trying to be supportive of my friend. I can't wait for the next 25 days to fly by so we can be on our way to DL. It's some much needed family time.

On the good news, my fil's birthday was on the 15th. We took him to a Texas Rangers baseball game as his gift and had a great time. Especially since the Rangers won!!
*HUGS* to you and your friend's family. I know from firsthand experience how hard a situation like that is on everyone. Feel free to PM if you need to talk!!!

DINKsAtDisney - on your race! I admire and respect people who run... and who run at Disney!!! Have a blast at AKL!

Heather - L O V E the pics!!!! *sighs* I miss the beach! Have so much fun!

Quote:
:
Awesome dimnigal1!! Feel like sharing any pix? ...

We loved RR too... and I didn't realize that it doesn't require a CC hold. hmm.. perhaps Sam and I will try to squeeze this one in...

SOG seems like a good fit for your group at the holiday and gives you time to see if anthing else comes available for a good deal.
Will try to shrink and post a pic - have tons on FB (feel free to IM if want to buddy up and share). I also have all my Cherry Blossom pics which makes me miss them already (everything bloomed so fast b/c we're drier than usual.

We booked a TRex ADR and it didn't need the hold and TA and friend both said the independent DtD restaurants don't always require them - RR being one they mentioned. I am booking RR for our first night with the fam so I will know for sure soon!!! Also, they offer a military discount (which I also didn't know but saw on FB!)

Quote:
Nope ... had you in as a generic entry (seems to work well with this RC bunch) Off to update!
LOL, I totally laughed when I saw that because I had debated pushing our Sept trip up or back some... so far same old.

Kohl - love seeing your wheels spin! Except, it keeps making mine start, too!!![/QUOTE]

Are we split now? and you're still in on the 5th?

Quote:
My TA might kill me........

Long story short....

I was very close to changing the dates of our trip to go earlier in August because our stupid school calendar wasn't out yet and I was afraid our trip would overlap with the 1st few days of school....

Well, in our family discussions, we discussed that we would have to go back to the military discount instead of the TA discount (which is date sensitive) and asked if they wanted to stay at the Beach Club....they both were like BEACH CLUB!?!??! I thought we were at the Grand Floridian??? And both proceeded to tell me about how they got excited about the GF, and thought that's where we were staying. They said if we stay at BC it will be like the trip last year at YC. Soooooooo, I switched back to GF. And, it's PIF! End of story, done!

I personally wanted to be in the MK area and finally stay at a monorail resort (wanted Poly, but you know.....next year).

Oh! And....I cancelled our cruise for next year!!!!

We are just going to do our normal 10 nights in Feb or April instead...prob Apr so we can finally get our Poly stay!!!

Planning on a 7 night eastern caribbean in Feb 2016 though...
I feel you about TA - haven't severed Dec trip yet and feel bad doing so. *sighs*

Your very reason is why we are still at WL -- DD freaked when I mentioned moving and when I said BC she said "but we've done that!" Still wishing for a split somewhere!...

Quote:
Heather I must say I love it when you are on vacation .... really enjoy your daily morning pictures .... what a nice thing to get up too!
Hi, GG! Also wanted to agree -- love the pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Yeah, Kids Nite Out was the service I was thinking of using. The minimum is 4 hours, so I was thinking of doing W.S before our dinner reservation. I would have DD fed and in her jammies before the sitter came. The problem I have is someone that I don't know well is in our hotel room. Am I being an overly protective mother? Maybe...

And Cali Grill is a tradition for us, so we'll keep that. I would LOVE to try Artist Pointe or Citricos!
Feel the same about Kids Night Out. Was on the fence last trip and still uneasy for some reason. Have heard nothing but great things but it's the Mommy in me!!!

Quote:
My DH is the same way. Once we are checked into a WDW resort, he doesn't want to change resorts. We never unpack though, so I don't see the problem in changing resorts. We just grab clothes out of the suitcase.
THIS! I convinced DH to split last trip because I pointed out we don't unpack, we just strew around the suitcase. He's not thrilled with an idea for a split in Sept but isn't TOTALLY against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
After moving so many times in January I refused to do a split this next trip!

Dd and I did ADRs for our lunches since we eat the apps for dinner. (We light eaters).

We have Kona, gf tea room and France so far. We left our last lunch free but getting a lunch time if eat early shouldn't be hard.
What a brilliant idea! Would make our Dec trip so much smoother, esp since we can't do DP at SoG (ILs liked DP because they had 'freedom' when they ate but suggesting large lunch/lite dinner/snack would also help with the later holiday hours. Love it!!!

Quote:
DD did awesome for EMH at MK last trip - hung until 2am and crashed on the bus. Still, I was proud - we totally knocked out 10 rides in the time from last parade to close! Hope it works for you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyGirl View Post
Good morning!
HELLO! and *fingers crossed* for a great promotion!!!

Quote:
Let me know if you find out!!! I love a good bananas foster and most can be done gluten free (or with minimal gluten) so it's a super sweet treat!

Quote:
Wasn't it a few pages back we decided full circle meant it erased all evidence of changing? Therefore, your slate is clean and you can start over!!!

Sooooo tired! Been trying to thrash out plans for December but it's been a roller coaster. When I first showed the price for a split-stay with Moderate/SoG/food, the ILs were like "nope, can't work" - mostly due to BIL/SIL's minimal budget. So, we scrapped Disney and started looking at an all-inclusive somewhere... anything out of country was $$$$$, the few in country were still as much as Disney (or more). So, we looked at renting a beach house for the week... but while we found a great house, DH pointed out that once we factored in transportation for 11, food, activities, it was going to be MORE than Disney.

So, we settled on SoG. The biggest issue is that we will only have 3 rooms for the group. DH and I already agreed to share with MIL/FIL, and we'll have LO with us. SIL/BIL agreed to have DD6 bunk with them, and then my financially strapped BIL/SIL will get their own with their DS. I'm so frustrated that we're tiptoeing around finances because they take things VERY personally (the rest of the group is much better financially), but if MIL offered to help them out they would throw a fit. YET, they are the ones who refuse to consider cheaper options (like a cruise or renting a cabin near where they live). *sighs* Still, DH and I both agree that since we'll be spending minimal time in the room we can make it work. Also, part of the group will be leaving the day after Christmas to visit the stubborn family in Central FL who won't come to Orlando, so we'll have 2 nights with just our crew and my more easy-going SIL.

If all that didn't confuse you, then you rock! I'm so tired of talking Disney I haven't even looked at when I need to start considering ADRs. Suppose should do that soon!

ILs leave Sunday and we head to Williamsburg/Virginia Beach in 2 weeks for a long weekend. Hoping to see the beach and visit some museums as well as knock out Busch Gardens!!! Def want to introduce LO to plushies before Disney and Elmo might be a good start!!!

Did anyone else get to see the ISS fly over last night? I'm such a nerd - I drug DD out and MIL and I were going nuts (she's big into the sky) while DD was like "okay, neat, can I go in?" Ahhh, can't wait to keep embarrassing her!

to everyone and keep on ch-ch-changin!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: