Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #2386
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ginny I love it! So super cute!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #2387
pas130
DIS Veteran

Forgot to say a hello to Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ginny I love it! So super cute!
Me too!!! I always need a bigger bag for juices, water, snacks...I still get to carry everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Popping in (will play catch up tomorrow!)
Had a blast at Easter Egg Roll - DD`s in heaven b/c she saw the cast of Jessie. Irony is she was just a few feet from the Prez and didn`t care (love kids!) BEST part is Doc and Sofia were there (complete with character wrangler and we got pics with both so one less MUST do for Sept!!! DD would love to see again but not a do or die situation now... just E&A to knock out.

*HUGS* and happy changing!
AWESOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. It's been beyond crazy around here. The friend that I work with found out that her daughter has been cutting herself. She had to take her to the ER to get a metal wire taken out of her arm. Well she voluntarily admitted her to a mental health facility. My friend didn't think her daughter was safe there, so she tried to get her out. Long story short, she was in court today trying to get her daughter back. Luckily, they did, and they are seeking help for her at another facility. I have been stressed both by being left alone with a house full of kids (with no help) and trying to be supportive of my friend. I can't wait for the next 25 days to fly by so we can be on our way to DL. It's some much needed family time.

On the good news, my fil's birthday was on the 15th. We took him to a Texas Rangers baseball game as his gift and had a great time. Especially since the Rangers won!!
Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter, and a house full of kidlets Less than a month until DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINKsAtDisney View Post
No luck for the whole time - but I'll keep checking. I was able to get all of the other restaurants I planned out though, so that was great!
Seriously...NO BOG, yay for the rest!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Happy Monday Morning!

We're on Spring Break for a much needed vacation!!!! Weather has been great in Florida. Took the kids to Seaworld yesterday for Jesse's b-day. Had a fabulous time. Now we're getting ready to hit the beach.

Want to see a pic of that Vera Bradley, Ginny

to everyone!!!

Heather
I miss our Heather pics!!! Jesse, is he still "wandering" in his old age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
It's not too big, but it will easily fit my Samsung and the usual stuff I carry around. It's nice that the strap adjusts, too. Great for short ladies...like me.
I LOVE IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas, and I'm so happy for you too...working in a little CL magic.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #2388
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Thanks RC buddies!

Hi Janet, Once I get the list sort of finalized, I will post it.
I can't remember if I gave our fall trip dates to the Great Keeper of the List.
Oct 24-Nov3. BWI.

Now I need to go downstairs and figure out something for dinner... Hope some inspiration hits me.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #2389
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks RC buddies!

Oct 24-Nov3. BWI.
Nope ... had you in as a generic entry (seems to work well with this RC bunch) Off to update!

Quote:
Now I need to go downstairs and figure out something for dinner... Hope some inspiration hits me.
Two words... Take out!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #2390
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

3 nights Poly CL followed by 4 nights WL (woods view bunk bed room)

OR

4 nights Poly SV followed by 3 nights WL CL

??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #2391
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

OR

??
Krystal, my vote is Poly SV / WL CL split. Like the idea of CL the second half of the trip ....I think we tend to have more energy at the start of a trip, so hit the parks early and often and relax more the second part of the trip.

TY Kook!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #2392
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Krystal, my vote is Poly SV / WL CL split. Like the idea of CL the second half of the trip ....I think we tend to have more energy at the start of a trip, so hit the parks early and often and relax more the second part of the trip.
Agreed.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #2393
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Ginny... I like!!! Want to see those ADRs, too!

Pas...Even in his old age, he still wanders Luckily Faith keeps watch now She's our mother hen...

Janet... thanks for the birthday wishes for Jessman!

Krystal...Poly/WL CL split

Sue, Wookie, piglet, dimn, dink....if I missed someone, forgive me...it's 5 o'clock somewhere...especially at the beach

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #2394
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does it matter that the first part of the trip would be over 4th of July, so watching fireworks from either CL lounge or Poly beach? :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #2395
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does it matter that the first part of the trip would be over 4th of July, so watching fireworks from either CL lounge or Poly beach? :-)
Forgive me, forgot what scenario we are working with okay, so would you arrive on the 4th? Still like having CL second half. How about DTD and TS, either at Poly or GF to watch wishes? Although that 4th of July weekend is sure to be busy....

TY Kook!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #2396
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks RC buddies!

Oct 24-Nov3. BWI.

I love that time of year!!! Halloween F&W!! Will.not.price.out.Jersey.week I have had a few days I forgot about dinner LOL, it's so nice I have a week no class

Quote:
Two words... Take out!!
YES

Quote:

OR

??

Always end with CL!!! 3 nights Poly SV, 4 nights WL CL

Quote:
Great minds!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Agreed.

Quote:
Pas...Even in his old age, he still wanders Luckily Faith keeps watch now She's our mother hen...
Faith is awesome! All your kiddos are Heather

Quote:

Yes, it matters...remember where that construction is Krystal right by the Hawaii building. You can still look straight out to the castle, but sit in the lounge and look at all the construction. No thank you, not this girl. There's something very special about fireworks from the beach as opposed to being indoors...IMO
Old 04-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #2397
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

My TA might kill me.....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #2398
DINKsAtDisney
Earning My Ears

I did it - I am all registered for the full Marathon!

Trying now to decide if we want to do AKL for that trip. I know my husband would love a Savannah & he really loves AK, but it's a lot of riding buses. I guess since he's supporting me, I should do something for him!

Has anyone stayed in AKL for Marathon weekend? Wondering how that is for getting around (esp to the race at 3:30 AM)!

I promised I wouldn't obsess over the hotel for the Jan trip - so I have to do it secretly on here with you all!
DINKsAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #2399
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
My TA might kill me.....
GF????

Quote:

Trying now to decide if we want to do AKL for that trip. I know my husband would love a Savannah & he really loves AK, but it's a lot of riding buses. I guess since he's supporting me, I should do something for him!

Has anyone stayed in AKL for Marathon weekend? Wondering how that is for getting around (esp to the race at 3:30 AM)!

I promised I wouldn't obsess over the hotel for the Jan trip - so I have to do it secretly on here with you all!
I've never done Marathon weekend, but I LOVE AKL. I think the buses will be just fine The tradeoff...animals!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #2400
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
No luck for the whole time - but I'll keep checking. I was able to get all of the other restaurants I planned out though, so that was great!
That stinks. Maybe you can grab lunch there? The friend I am going with in September didn't want to eat there, so I haven't had to try and get an ADR there since this last September. I was really surprised I was able to get an ADR on the night of MNSSHP.

Quote:
Happy Monday Morning!

We're on Spring Break for a much needed vacation!!!! Weather has been great in Florida. Took the kids to Seaworld yesterday for Jesse's b-day. Had a fabulous time. Now we're getting ready to hit the beach.

Want to see a pic of that Vera Bradley, Ginny

to everyone!!!

Heather
I would love to be on a balcony over looking that view with a nice glass of wine right now.

Quote:
I don't really know what I'm doing, so if it's gargantuan I'm a new user.

It's not too big, but it will easily fit my Samsung and the usual stuff I carry around. It's nice that the strap adjusts, too. Great for short ladies...like me.
Love it!! I would love to get one just like that when I am in WDW in September.

Quote:
I remember seeing this on FB. Glad you all had a great time together!
Thanks, we really did have a good time. I just love going to games!! We even got in early enough that we got a Yu Darvish bobble head.

Quote:
I agree totally!!

Quote:
Sue, Wookie, piglet, dimn, dink....if I missed someone, forgive me...it's 5 o'clock somewhere...especially at the beach
Sounds like it's time to crack open that pink bottle of Duck Commander wine I have in the frig.

Quote:

WOO HOO!! I have never gone for Marathon weekend, so I'm not sure how that changes the transportation at the AKL. As far as normal transportation, we didn't have any trouble with it when we were there in September. I just love the resort!! It's definitely tied with the WL as my favorite resort. The first thing I did every morning was walk out onto the balcony to see which animals were out. Then as my DH and DSs were getting dressed, I would sit on the balcony watching the animals and taking pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
So sorry to hear that what an awful thing. I hope she gets the help she needs.
Quote:
That's so sad Kim...I pray she gets that help she needs. I'm sure your friend appreciates all the support right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter, and a house full of kidlets Less than a month until DL
Thanks. She really is a great girl. I just found out today that she has been purging. I should have known she was doing something since she only weighs 95 lbs.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: