Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #1636
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I read about it doing it here on the DIS somewhere. I can't remember which board. So I just googled Expedia UK and went from there. I had to call my CC company to authorize a foreign transaction, then I spoke to someone from the site and confirmed that you don't have to be a resident of the UK to use their deals. It was painless and I already have my conf# for MDE. Magic Bands are on the way!

The only thing is.... DH doesn't know yet. He'll be fine with it though. I think.
Wow!! That's really great!! Congrats! And thanks for sharing the info!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #1637
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well AKL CL didn't last long once I found out the dates for F&W. We have both new dates and resort. The new info is 9/20-24/14 at YC GV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Wookie: easywdw has prelim calendar for Sept up!
Yup! I just used it to set up plans & ADRs for late Aug/early Sept trip! How's your hip?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #1638
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks!! I was starting to feel better and then I saw the women's hockey game. oh well, we still have the men's hockey team.
Sorry about your hockey teams

Old 02-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #1639
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I won't be much help - I tried to convince everyone to do DL for Christmas... World of Color is far and away my favorite show ever! I also wish WDW had a restaurant like Blue Bayou ((and a Club 33))

pas oooooh, beach!!! Always love beach time! And I love the idea of 'sneaking' a night at WL.
I haven't been to DL in years, but still remember Blue Bayou!! So cool, I wish wdw had it too. Don't understand why they didn't do it . Not for lack of space, that's for sure!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:26 PM   #1640
pas130
DIS Veteran

Attempting a catch up...yum catsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
You are the ultimate weekend warrior!!!!
I've been blessed this far...less than 5 hours to go on my 48h in 3 day stretch and all my homework is up to date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
on your fridays.. but I too am excited for Melissa and company!!
I am SO excited!! Tomorrow is ADR day and I can't wait...did I mention I can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Good evenin ladies....hope you all are headed for a relaxing weekend. Jeanette please say you had a nap!! You work too hard.
You are close to your trip my friend...nap, yeah short but sweet. All good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Well, I am flying off to NJ Saturday to say goodbye to Uncle. He called dad and said it's time to come. He put up a good fight but now is time for him to be with Aunt in heaven. Be home Tuesday. Sad sad ..... PS: My ticker is off now. We leave Thursday for WDW.
I am so sorry to hear of your uncle's passing. He sure fought the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Tossing around the idea of 4th of July at Disney instead of the following week...? We'd have to fly in the morning of the 4th though, which is a Friday. We'd be leaving the following Wednesday...any chance of even seeing the fireworks somewhere that night? Worth it? What about the crowds?

Anybody who's gone during the 4th holiday have any insight?
Never have been, but sounds crowded. Not that all of July isn't though

Quote:
Appreciate the amazing support for my injection - beyond optimistic this will mean more mobility and less drama/pain.
I hope it does!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We have switched to CR CL TPV!!!!!!!!! Back to the original plans for this trip!! Wooooohoooooo!!!!!
You know I approve!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Poly pool set to close in July and pool hopping to the GF allowed? Hmmm...POR is looking better and better...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ah, I thought it was August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzygirl View Post
Ok I switched to the YC GV from BWI Stnd for 10/18-10/26 today
Hope you can swing CL, although for F&W you may not use it. DH & I did YC CL F&W and it was perfect. Both BWI & YC are great choices. Glad you've joined the RC clan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaRabbitInTN View Post
Hi Everyone. My name is Jessica and I too am addicted to resort changing.

I saw this thread and immediately felt like I was not alone in the never ending drama of my resort changes!

I am 99.9 % positive that my reservations are final. I first booked in November at the Beach Club- CL Deluxe room. Once I realized that I may not be on CL floor, I switched to YC-CL as at least we would have better chance of full balcony. .Switched to the Contemporary-Atrium CL after hearing so-so reviews of YC-CL. Switched again to the GF- Sugar Loaf over concerns about lack of "theming" at the Contemporary. Switched back to YC (non club level) after hearing rumors that Poly would share GF pool during trip. It kept nagging me that we were not guaranteed 2 Queens and a daybed at YC so in the end....~drumroll~~...

Finally, somehow we ended back at the Contemporary but this time non CL.. Just tower- BLV. We also added 2 additional nights.

If the "price is right" and rooms are available, I will more than likely upgrade to CL at check in.

Wow. Once that is wrote down, that is a lot of changes! LOL!
You've found your people!!! You're right about no guarantee of daybed at YC and CR rooms are bigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We stayed at YC last August. Love it. Great pool complex, love floating along the lazy river!
Great dining options there too, along with CS options, Hurricane Hana's and pool bar have some great CS food, like the breakfast in BC CS counter in back of gift shop, esp the potatoes!! Ale & Compass have great burgers.
Hi Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Sue Good to hear all the positive of YC.

Following in the path of Jeanette, we have switched to YC for august with the travel agent not to be named. A great deal!!
SO EXCITED!!!

Quote:
Every time we passed it I couldn't help but think of you & Bella.
Same here, we have a Best Friends Kennel up the road from us

iheart Did I congratulate you on your discount. Strong work, makes me proud

HUGE to all...wookie, Mama, Miss E, sis, Sheila, looking at you!!

gwynne I LOVE hearing about your F&W trips!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #1641
Sue M
DIS Veteran

hi Jeanette!! Can't keep up with you, where are you now for August?

Old 02-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #1642
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hi Jeanette!! Can't keep up with you, where are you now for August?
YC SV
Old 02-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #1643
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

And I am at WL CL.....

CR did not last long. (Sorry Janet)

Back to our old favorite.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #1644
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And I am at WL CL.....

What a shocker!!! ....not really

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #1645
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a shocker!!! ....not really

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #1646
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Just touching base to vent: Dec trip is turning into major hassle! Will post details later but becoming so stressed out I don`t even want to go anymore. :-(

Love the RC changes (mm, you crack me up) and love some of the F&W plans coming along

*hugs* to all! And have a good start to the week!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #1647
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You have probably already told everyone why you switched, but I'm too lazy to go back and read... ...so why???

Quote:
Just touching base to vent: Dec trip is turning into major hassle! Will post details later but becoming so stressed out I don`t even want to go anymore. :-(

Love the RC changes (mm, you crack me up) and love some of the F&W plans coming along

*hugs* to all! And have a good start to the week!
Don't get stressed...of course easier said than done, right? Hope you can get things worked out

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 02-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #1648
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And I am at WL CL.....

Welcome Home, Mousemommy family, welcome home!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #1649
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You have probably already told everyone why you switched, but I'm too lazy to go back and read... ...so why???

Don't get stressed...of course easier said than done, right? Hope you can get things worked out
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Welcome Home, Mousemommy family, welcome home!
HOME. Absolutely.

We are so excited to go back.

Heather Long story short....the ticket price increase today left me pouting...this led DH to inquire about actual trip costs....he never does that....

Well, although he knew total costs of our trips, I think seeing the breakdowns in black and white really hit home. Especially when he started pricing out value resorts, etc...and realizing how much cheaper we could do Disney. Soooooo,we narrowed down our options by cost, and everyone voted unanimously to go back to WL.

DH also decided that he wants AOA to bookend our Disney cruise next year. He said that he loves our annual trips but says that we have to be smarter about the costs, which I totally understand.

So we return to WL, and we couldn't be happier about it!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #1650
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Heather Long story short....the ticket price increase today left me pouting...this led DH to inquire about actual trip costs....he never does that....

Well, although he knew total costs of our trips, I think seeing the breakdowns in black and white really hit home. Especially when he started pricing out value resorts, etc...and realizing how much cheaper we could do Disney. Soooooo,we narrowed down our options by cost, and everyone voted unanimously to go back to WL.

DH also decided that he wants AOA to bookend our Disney cruise next year. He said that he loves our annual trips but says that we have to be smarter about the costs, which I totally understand.

So we return to WL, and we couldn't be happier about it!!!
Makes perfect sense!! Flight cost can be a bummer for sure. There's 5 of us, so I can't imagine how much extra we would have to pay if we had to fly. At least you get awesome military discounts!!! We tried to do AoA this past Christmas but no availability. Still want to give it a try at some point. I think your plan sounds fabulous, and I would totally be happy with it if it was me .... not that you need my approval or anything Too bad we aren't going at the same time. So did the change mess up any of your ADRs??

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: