Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #151
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hannah: Ah, have you visited S&D? They've got some really pretty grounds. Being so close to the IG would also be a huge bonus, I think. Lots of places around (including S&D) for photo shoots, I'd think.
My gramma and I did a little exploring before and after doing the Fantasia Mini Golf. It is so gorgeous! I wouldn't be unhappy with the choice. It wouldn't be a bad choice!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #152
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AWWW, must see pics when he gets them. Your kiddos pic out the cutest specs.

Thanks a ton, lady. (Hubbo's is coming up next week. The big 4-0! We get everything out of the way in the span of a couple weeks: birthdays, anniversaries. )

Thank yoooou. She's responding well to the decongestant and the Claritin, thankfully. But of course, in all the rush this morning, totally forgot to give her a dose before school. Ah well.

I'm an honorary Jersey gal! Got such good company.
You are in great company My hubs just celebrated 4-0 and still complains we didn't do that much...uhhhh 2 count em 2 Universal trips!!!

I SO don't wanna buy new specs for him...he JUST got a new pair since he broke the "unbreakable ones" Ahhhh, DH said after the trip Between fall allergies and these germies..our kiddos didn't stand a change did they???Ugh DS5 is a boogie-monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Well, it's done. Flights and resort have been rescheduled and I was able to get my MNSSHP tix changed to MVMCP on 12/19. Check out my shiny new ticker! Official trip dates 12/17-12/25.

I'm sad, but looking forward to a new round of RCing. DS10 already put in a vote for more AKV time

I hope DD naps today since she only got 5 hours of sleep last night and I need to get caught up.

Hugs all around and thanks for the well wishes I love you guys.
Nice work with the changes Momma, hope you all get some much needed rest today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So glad you were able to fix it all up for December ! You rock momma!
She sure does!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jeanette - I am pretty sure I made it through most of the pages and didn't comment on any of your posts Ill just catch up with you today Melissa
I have been horribly behind with finals and work...no worries

I got As in both my classes I may have posted that already, but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy and relieved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette Always some expense popping up, especially with so many little ones
I was just getting ready to post to you as I missed you in my multi-quote I bought my dad a plane ticket to come up yesterday, so I should've known some expense would come up! DS's astigmatism is worsening...poor thing. All 3 girls have follow up next week..hopefully he's the only one with a prescription change..HRH got a lighter Rx last time (YAY she is so good with wearing hers...and it is such a strong prescription..she deserves it. So my Daddy will be with us Sun-Fri. He misses the kids, and we miss him since he moved to SC. I called him yesterday and asked if he wanted to visit my treat. And he said yes!!! So happy, I'm surprising the kids My stepmom had to work and care for the cats. All good though

Totally get the flu shot before your trip!! And I am not upset you rescheduled it's for good reason!!!!! WDW
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #153
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
My gramma and I did a little exploring before and after doing the Fantasia Mini Golf. It is so gorgeous! I wouldn't be unhappy with the choice. It wouldn't be a bad choice!
I remember those pics
Old 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #154
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
That is exactly what I want to miss. I don't want my family to deal with those crowds on their only weekend there. It sounds miserable!

I'm considering getting married at the Swan and Dolphin. You get a lot more bang for your buck, but no annual passes which means more money for DFi and I to spend on the Disneymoon. It's not set in stone, but when I was going through Passporter's Guide to Disney Weddings, I had to give it a thought. Plus there is no guest limit so if any other family members wanted to come, they could. We shall see how it works out. I'll probably still go with a DFTW, but the weddings at the Swan and Dolphin sound enticing. Especially for the cost.
As much as DFTW would just be AWESOME, if you can get better bang for your buck by doing at S&D, it might be worth considering!!! My friend did her wedding at the Swan (I think... I always mix up which one) and had her Disneymoon on property. I know she saved a ton by going through Sheraton, and they moved over to YC after the wedding - it worked great because those family that stayed for extra mouse time were close, but they had space to be a couple.

I have a friend that did the GF Fairytale wedding (SO AMAZING to see photos!!!) but her biggest complaint is that they kept running into family/friends in the lobby the following week... not that she didn't want to see them, but they ended up doing a lot of touring with people when they wanted to be newlyweds. Just a thought!!!

Quote:
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel.

DS10 went to bed with a 103 fever that I just can't get down and DD2 is still up because she can't breathe when she lays down. The other boys aren't doing much better either

Maybe by some stroke of odd luck they will all be fine tomorrow, but I just don't see it.

The only good news is that our flights are SW so no penalties. I've already got my eye on 12/18-12/25. The idea of Christmas morning in WDW is somewhat taking the sting out of losing F&W and MNSSHP. Somewhat. Maybe a nice CM will take pity on me and let me change my MNSSHP for MVMCP tix?

Sorry for the me, me, me post. I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
Quote:
Well, it's done. Flights and resort have been rescheduled and I was able to get my MNSSHP tix changed to MVMCP on 12/19. Check out my shiny new ticker! Official trip dates 12/17-12/25.

I'm sad, but looking forward to a new round of RCing. DS10 already put in a vote for more AKV time

I hope DD naps today since she only got 5 hours of sleep last night and I need to get caught up.

I am so sorry for you having to cancel but so glad you were able to reschedule fairly easily. and Get Well Wishes to your fam!!!

Quote:
dmindgal1 - not to jinx you, but we havent seen a bad storm down here in a few years, so we may need to some extra special NO STORM prayers for you next September

Melissa
*sighs* I am already resigned. The same way he tolerates my obsession with the Mouse, I tolerate his weird natural phenomena magnetism. I just sort of expect there to be bad weather and if it's good, all the better!

Seriously, it's weird: He has been through SO many hurricanes, including Isabel, Ivan, and Katrina; he went to Taiwan once and was in a typhoon; an earthquake in Hawaii AND Maryland... AHHHH!

Heck, the year we had APs to Disney we kept bringing extreme weather... 90 degrees in November, 30 and flurries in January, then torrents of rain that March. If anything, the boy knows how to clear the parks for me!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #155
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi! I just wanted to pop in and say....I've been in Jan 2008 - beautiful weather, Sept 2009 (over Labour day/ and until Sept 12, 2009), FEB 2011/ not bad weather, and Oct 2012 over Columbus day weekend.....rainy, and sunny.. and crowds where higher than I liked..... October/Columbus day was hot. seemed to hit alot of rain showers. I don't know if I'd go again around Columbus Day. September...WOW!! was that hot!! just as hot as the summer, but the crowds where pretty manageable.
I think out of all the times I've gone, I've liked my Janauary trip the best.... it was over Martin Luther King day week in January/ 2008, but it was wonderful! We even went to a water park one day! The only downside is the shorter park hours, and refurbs....but we have been other times of the year so we are lucky to know what Splash Mountain is like, LOL.... I am now going in 42 days on my FIRST December trip!!! so Excited to be meeting up with Jeanette, Janet , Linda, Rosie, Melissa, and perhaps some other favourite RCer friends.-- Deena, and Linda/ Magic if they can come! It sounds like it'll be pretty busy with how hard it is to even change a room, or make and ADR, everything is pretty booked solid! I will reserve judgement for this week of the year (DEC 3-9) until I come home! I am wondering myself how to pack and what to wear! I don't have many summer clothes so it will be fun to see what I might wear!
I hate crowds, and I hate extreme heat, so I think January/ Maybe even November might be the best times for me..... Hoping for lovely weather in December
It's funny because you would think Sep and Oct would be so similar but they always seem so different.

I am glad you had good luck in January! The year we went over MLK weekend it was SOOOO cold! I was on ToT and could see my breath! As we left the parks, it even flurried! I blame DH because he makes the weather do weird things.

I am eagerly watching how your Dec trip goes because we are debating the beginning of Nov or Dec for DH's family trip. MIL wants to see Christmas decorations and I am pushing for Nov b/c of F&W but they don't handle humidity well so we may push off until after Thanksgiving. Enjoy!!!

Quote:
We really enjoyed the low crowds. Short wait times for almost everything. The only thing I don't care for at that time of year is the chance of real rain. When we went the first year, we had fabulous weather. The second year was wonderful. Last year, we paid for it. Not just a passing FL shower... real rain on quite a few of the days and since we don't take very long trips, it was a bit

The only other time of year we've gone was once in January and once at the beginning of June. June was for us. January was I was really worried it was going to be super-busy but we found the crowds to be very low... we were pleasantly surprised.
I am DEF all about low crowds! I will run around in a poncho if the crowds are low! The rain in June is CRAZY!!!! We took some of DH's family for their first trip last June and TS Debby hit our first park day. It was great, though - NO LINES! That said, it did make the last days of our trip a real eye opener once the crowds came back: 3 hour wait for TSM!!! It was fortunate DH and I agreed to be FP runners, though. And, since MIL isn't a big thrill ride fan and I had just had hip surgery, we sat out the coasters so that gave some extra FPs for the group to pool.

Thanks to all for the Sept input! SOOOO ready for this trip! Only... a bunch more days until ADRs open up!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #156
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Heck, the year we had APs to Disney we kept bringing extreme weather... 90 degrees in November, 30 and flurries in January, then torrents of rain that March. If anything, the boy knows how to clear the parks for me!
Oh my, what a positive spin on it....so true as long as you all aren't washed away, it's all good
Old 10-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #157
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Miss: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! And as for that quiz you took that said you had NJ 'tude..... fuggeddaboudit, it's all %&$#@* good!!!!!!

dmindgal1: The Treehouses were so nice and peaceful. They have 2 full baths and 3 full bedrooms: 2 with queens beds and 1 with a set of bunk beds. That equals 6 people although I remember seeing that it officially sleeps more (9 maybe?) on the WDW website. FYI: I wouldn't stay here for a parks-heavy trip unless you have your own car. You must change buses at SSR and take a shuttle to the treehouses for each trip to a park you take.

LillianGracey: We were just there for Columbus Day. The resorts and restaurants and were busy according to bookings this past weekend. But we didn't feel overly crowded at the parks, although Epcot was probably mobbed on Saturday with the cool weather and F&W.

chimo2u: I hope to see you all in Dec.

JanetB: Hope you are having a nice autumn. Would you please add me to first page with FWC for dates Feb. 27-Mar. 2 ? Thanks

luvluvluv: Hi! Nice to see you. Hope to meet up on a bench in WDW sometime soon. And love the blonde, btw!

sjs314: The weather is cooling down for you just in time for your trip. Highs of 80 and low in 50s this week ahead!

babyberger: I think DH was overcompensating for the ups and downs with mom for this birthday.

i_heart: Bummer that the sickness is running through the house, but your new plans sound positively JOLLY!

pas130: I am hopelessly lost with your wonderful planning (as it should be!!!!)

mousemommy1: Ditto that!

WDWKOOK: How is Christmas planning going? Will it be traditional turkey at LTT or Cape May Buffet, or going commando at Tokyo Dining?

Disneydreamin247: Seems Evan has "gotten it all together" ... body parts I mean! We'll see tonight.

Sending positive healing thoughts in many ways to Koh1977, grumpygrandma, luvluvluv, and wookie. And HELLO all our RCers.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #158
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hi girls. I think I'd better do a quick catch up then go lay down. I don't usually catch the kid's gunk, but this one appears to want to take me down too. Ugh. Mamas aren't supposed to get sick.

Miss - Sorry we won't be meeting up. Enjoy your multi-celebratory trip. The cake sounds fab! Happy Belated Birthday too!

Mousemommy - Back to the GF in August, huh. Well, you can't go wrong either way! How nice if your family to move your trip for the other family. My kids are the same way about missing school. Too bad I'm the bad influence and keep pulling them anyway.

Magic! What a fun trip you had! Glad you enjoyed SSR. If I had an appetite I would be craving Holiday sandwiches and shrimp right now. Happy Belated Birthday!

dimndgal - We did September in 2011. The heat was as bad as August and June, but the super low crowds were worth it!

chimo2u - You are going to LOVE WDW all decked out for the Holidays. It's is just breathtaking! We had great weather and crowds in early Dec 2010.

I'm not too afraid of the crowds for my upcoming trip. We did 12/30-1/7 this year and while it was at times, it was fine if you got up and went early. We had a great day on New Years Day at the MK. We walked onto all of Fantasyland plus the mountains and then got the heck out by 10 when the crowds came in droves. We will probably tour the parks for the first few days before the crowds roll in and then just wander Epcot and do the Osborne Lights a few evenings after that. I'm thinking tons of Resort time. At least that is the plan for now.

Lillian Gracey- When I was planning a VR I looked into the S&D. They have some beautiful packages. Of course so does DFTW! You really can't go wrong!

babyberger - Sorry you had another rough night with Sarah. I hope she gets better very soon. This fever is a spiky one, isn't it. Poor kiddos.

sjs314 - I hope the weather and crowds cooperate with you. You deserve a perfect trip.

pas- Bean bags! What a great idea. I'm going to get a few of those for the kids. I'll be they will flip for them. Sorry DS is sick too. This year stinks for the germs! And new glasses too? You need a Like my dad used to say, if it's not one thing, it's ten others.

Janet - Thanks for checking on us. You are the absolute sweetest

Hi to wookie, Sue, lacey, koh, Jen and everybody else . It's nappy time for this sick mama. I must be sick because I don't even care about canceling anymore.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #159
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Thanks for the reassurance and advice! I don't think I could go wrong with a Swan/Dolphin or DFT Wedding. I sent in my requests to a wedding consultant for date/time/venue so they can book it when my 8 month mark comes up! So I have 4 months to decide whether I want to have a Swan/Dolphin or DFT Wedding.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #160
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so glad you've got everything sorted, now onto the getting better. Christmas time is going to be absolutely FABULOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Miss After you asked I took a glance at the weather and my days are all showing 78-79 and 2 days with showers but we all know how the weather in Florida fluctuates.

I was bad and cancelled a Dr Appt I had for today but in my defense I have one for my yearly physical with the same Dr 5 days after we get back. Today's Appt was just a follow up and to get my flu shot. Thinking about just going to CVS for the flu shot since I have a card Aetna sent me for it so should be easy peasy in and out I hope
Good thinking on the flu shot! We got ours done this past Saturday. I'm hoping that weather sticks for you because it sounds lovely. Will be excellent balcony-sitting weather to watch the animals.

Quote:
Whatever you choose, you really can't go wrong... there are just a TON of gorgeous properties to pick from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
You are in great company My hubs just celebrated 4-0 and still complains we didn't do that much...uhhhh 2 count em 2 Universal trips!!!
2 Universal trips! That sounds like a pretty darn good bunch of celebrating. I felt horrible that we did such nice things for my non-4-0 birthday -- just went out and got him a Disney GC and a bunch of nerd-shirts to give him whilst we're there. He's not allowed to one-up me.

Quote:
I SO don't wanna buy new specs for him...he JUST got a new pair since he broke the "unbreakable ones"
He has super-human powers! Did he say, "Breakable-smakeable, we'll see about that..." when he was picking them out?

Quote:
I got As in both my classes I may have posted that already, but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy and relieved!!!
Our scholarly QUEEN! Way to flippin' GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
It's funny because you would think Sep and Oct would be so similar but they always seem so different.

I am glad you had good luck in January! The year we went over MLK weekend it was SOOOO cold! I was on ToT and could see my breath! As we left the parks, it even flurried! I blame DH because he makes the weather do weird things.

I am DEF all about low crowds! I will run around in a poncho if the crowds are low! The rain in June is CRAZY!!!! We took some of DH's family for their first trip last June and TS Debby hit our first park day. It was great, though - NO LINES! That said, it did make the last days of our trip a real eye opener once the crowds came back: 3 hour wait for TSM!!! It was fortunate DH and I agreed to be FP runners, though. And, since MIL isn't a big thrill ride fan and I had just had hip surgery, we sat out the coasters so that gave some extra FPs for the group to pool.
Sweet, almost ADR time! What part of June did you go? It sounds like our experience... when we first arrived, the crowds were pretty low. Then, as the week progressed, the crowds turned totally INSANE! Rides down constantly due to rain made it even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Miss: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! And as for that quiz you took that said you had NJ 'tude..... fuggeddaboudit, it's all %&$#@* good!!!!!!
Thank you. And ... that's exactly how I read the test results, "It's all %&$#@* good!"

Quote:
Miss - Sorry we won't be meeting up. Enjoy your multi-celebratory trip. The cake sounds fab! Happy Belated Birthday too!
Pshaw, just want you to all be well. And, thanks muchly for the birthday wishes. Go get some rest if you can.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #161
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Eek! I forgot to mention... to my lovely FB compadres:

This trip is on the down-low, the hush-hush, the QT at the moment. Although I may spill the beans at some point over there, I'll definitely check in with all of my favorite ladies over here.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #162
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Eek! I forgot to mention... to my lovely FB compadres: This trip is on the down-low, the hush-hush, the QT at the moment. Although I may spill the beans at some point over there, I'll definitely check in with all of my favorite ladies over here.
Aren't all your trips on the DL???? LOL!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #163
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Eek! I forgot to mention... to my lovely FB compadres:

This trip is on the down-low, the hush-hush, the QT at the moment. Although I may spill the beans at some point over there, I'll definitely check in with all of my favorite ladies over here.
No spilling the beans here!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #164
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aren't all your trips on the DL???? LOL!!!
Isn't it crazy that I do this? No one understand the Disney fanaticism like you guys do. [Also, snide remarks from the Disney-unconverted aside, it's mainly due to unreasonable expectations that I visit certain FL-living family members who aren't exactly close-by (a rental car and 2+hours away) when we're there on vacation down there. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
No spilling the beans here!
Thank you, Linda! How're you feeling?? Oh, did that message come through with the codes? FB can be so wonky sometimes.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #165
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Isn't it crazy that I do this? No one understand the Disney fanaticism like you guys do. [Also, snide remarks from the Disney-unconverted aside, it's mainly due to unreasonable expectations that I visit certain FL-living family members who aren't exactly close-by (a rental car and 2+hours away) when we're there on vacation down there. ]

Thank you, Linda! How're you feeling?? Oh, did that message come through with the codes? FB can be so wonky sometimes.
Just like my DFIL who recently told us we need to stop going to Disney and go to Greece or something...

We haven't told him we are booked for August...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: