Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 01:17 AM   #1621
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Poly pool set to close in July and pool hopping to the GF allowed? Hmmm...POR is looking better and better...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #1622
Ozzygirl
Mouseketeer

switched from BWI stnd to YC GV

Ok I switched to the YC GV from BWI Stnd for 10/18-10/26 today

I had been struggling with where we should stay . We don't have kids and wanted a quieter more "adult" resort and really wanted a balcony. We liked the food option at BC/YC and can still enjoy the BW area as well. Now hoping for RO discount to bump to club level..can't wait
Ozzygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #1623
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzygirl View Post

I had been struggling with where we should stay . We don't have kids and wanted a quieter more "adult" resort and really wanted a balcony. We liked the food option at BC/YC and can still enjoy the BW area as well. Now hoping for RO discount to bump to club level..can't wait
Hi Ozzygirl, Welcome!
That sounds like a great change! You'll be there during Epcot Food and Wine festival, too. Happy planning!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #1624
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I agree .... hands down our favorite is Saana!
Yummy food, great view, it is a win-win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi G!!
Fantastic plans!! Congrats on the AP plans. It does planning future trips much easier... perhaps a F&G one too?
DH and I talked about it yesterday, looks like we are good to plan F&W visits in 2014 and 2015. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Linda: We have never tried Saana but now I am curious!

Ginny: HOORAY for your AP plans! So exciting!
Jen-I think your family would love lunch at Saana. It's very fun!!
I am excited about the AP's, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks for the encouraging words on being able to find something lower than L/PV at BC/YC. I would just love to stay in the Epcot area since the new focus of the trip is F&W.

Well I'm off to baby my sick DH, which we all know is worse than having all your kids sick at once. I feel bad for getting him sick. I think this is the first time since he had his lap band that he has actually thrown up, which I didn't think he was able to do.
Keep your eye out, the availability changes all the time. Fingers crossed for ya!
Hope your DH is feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
pas130 and Gwynne: Happy to hear both your new WDW plans. Two of my fave resorts.

Well, I am flying off to NJ Saturday to say goodbye to Uncle. He called dad and said it's time to come. He put up a good fight but now is time for him to be with Aunt in heaven. Be home Tuesday. Sad sad sad. ..... PS: My ticker is off now. We leave Thursday for WDW.
Thanks, Magic.
I am sorry to hear about your Uncle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Planning is half the fun!!!!
That's the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Tossing around the idea of 4th of July at Disney instead of the following week...? We'd have to fly in the morning of the 4th though, which is a Friday. We'd be leaving the following Wednesday...any chance of even seeing the fireworks somewhere that night? Worth it? What about the crowds?

Anybody who's gone during the 4th holiday have any insight?

In other news, I've detangled, washed, cut, and combed out 3 princess dolls' hair so far...3 more to go! Plus Boo from monsters inc. lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I don't know about the 4th. I do remember washing doll hair, that's a project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hope that injection works!!!!

Official Announcement!!!

We have switched to CR CL TPV!!!!!!!!! Back to the original plans for this trip!! Wooooohoooooo!!!!!
MM-Great change!! Know you all will enjoy CR!

----------------------------------------------------
Congrats to our Canada friends on winning the Hockey Gold!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #1625
JessicaRabbitInTN
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone. My name is Jessica and I too am addicted to resort changing.

I saw this thread and immediately felt like I was not alone in the never ending drama of my resort changes!

I am 99.9 % positive that my reservations are final. I first booked in November at the Beach Club- CL Deluxe room. Once I realized that I may not be on CL floor, I switched to YC-CL as at least we would have better chance of full balcony. .Switched to the Contemporary-Atrium CL after hearing so-so reviews of YC-CL. Switched again to the GF- Sugar Loaf over concerns about lack of "theming" at the Contemporary. Switched back to YC (non club level) after hearing rumors that Poly would share GF pool during trip. It kept nagging me that we were not guaranteed 2 Queens and a daybed at YC so in the end....~drumroll~~...

Finally, somehow we ended back at the Contemporary but this time non CL.. Just tower- BLV. We also added 2 additional nights.

If the "price is right" and rooms are available, I will more than likely upgrade to CL at check in.

Wow. Once that is wrote down, that is a lot of changes! LOL!

Disneyworld:
Few times as a child (with Marsheliz)
December 2005 (with Marsheliz) -offsite
May 2007 - 5 nights @ Dolphin
February 2011 - 9 nights offsite (DS 1st trip!)
June 2014 - 7 nights @ Contemporary BLV (DSD 1st trip/ DS 2nd trip)

Disneyland:
June 2006- 5 hours.. Yes. Only 5 hours. I was a live in nanny and they were not Disney folks I will go again as this "trip" was a tease!

JessicaRabbitInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #1626
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaRabbitInTN View Post

I saw this thread and immediately felt like I was not alone in the never ending drama of my resort changes!

I am 99.9 % positive that my reservations are final. I first booked in November at the Beach Club- CL Deluxe room. Once I realized that I may not be on CL floor, I switched to YC-CL as at least we would have better chance of full balcony. .Switched to the Contemporary-Atrium CL after hearing so-so reviews of YC-CL. Switched again to the GF- Sugar Loaf over concerns about lack of "theming" at the Contemporary. Switched back to YC (non club level) after hearing rumors that Poly would share GF pool during trip. It kept nagging me that we were not guaranteed 2 Queens and a daybed at YC so in the end....~drumroll~~...

Finally, somehow we ended back at the Contemporary but this time non CL.. Just tower- BLV.

If the "price is right" and rooms are available, I will more than likely upgrade to CL at check in.

Welcome Jessica!!!! Looks like you fit in perfectly!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #1627
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still playing with ADRs...

Thoughts on the Fantasmic dining pkg - worth it? I don't think I want to give up a FP for Fantasmic, so I had planned on doing the Fantasmic pkg. Right now we have a dinner ADR at Mama Melrose's. How is it? Never been...good things to order?
Krystal, we did the package once at Mama Melrose. I know the restuarant gets so so reviews but our lunch was nice. Slow service but the food was good.

As July is one of the busiest summer months (and it will be HOT!) perhaps consider the package. It will be nice not to wait in a long, hot, muggy line (and people line up very early, an hour or so in advance) Although it is expensive when not on the DP.

Quote:

Also, we have an 8:15am ADR at Crystal Palace and the Wishes dessert party that night. Late lunch? Early dinner? QS or TS? Stay at the park or go to one of the resorts?

Decisions decisions... :-)
Late lunch sounds appealing. Perhaps a mid day snack and later lunch. Either on the monorail or back at POR if staying there.

Quote:
Thanks for the encouraging words on being able to find something lower than L/PV at BC/YC. I would just love to stay in the Epcot area since the new focus of the trip is F&W.

Well I'm off to baby my sick DH, which we all know is worse than having all your kids sick at once. I feel bad for getting him sick. I think this is the first time since he had his lap band that he has actually thrown up, which I didn't think he was able to do.
Wookie, hoping DH is feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
pas130 and Gwynne: Happy to hear both your new WDW plans. Two of my fave resorts.

Well, I am flying off to NJ Saturday to say goodbye to Uncle. He called dad and said it's time to come. He put up a good fight but now is time for him to be with Aunt in heaven. Be home Tuesday. Sad sad sad. ..... PS: My ticker is off now. We leave Thursday for WDW.
Magic, so sorry, you are all in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Official Announcement!!!

We have switched to CR CL TPV!!!!!!!!! Back to the original plans for this trip!! Wooooohoooooo!!!!!
Congrats Candace! off to update the RC list.

Quote:

Sounds like a great plan and still being in the Epcot area even better for F&W. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

DH and I talked about it yesterday, looks like we are good to plan F&W visits in 2014 and 2015. Yay!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #1628
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Catch up time again!! The snow has arrived on the west coast ugh. Husband is out with snow blower, best gift I ever got him lol!!

Koh yes, I've been following Tikimans updates, looks like Poly pool will close late July, and pool hopping to GF is allowed. Hope they have a shuttle. I don't mind since quiet pool is open for quick dips, and I love GF beach pool . So think I'm ok with it. Still sticking to Poly! But still watching updates!
POR is great. Always a good option! Love Acadian House or Mag. terrace,both central locations.

Wookie sorry to hear you were sick, now husband, ugh. You're right, nothing is worse then a sick husband lol!!

Magic so sorry to hear about your uncle.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #1629
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We stayed at YC last August. Love it. Great pool complex, love floating along the lazy river!
Great dining options there too, along with CS options, Hurricane Hana's and pool bar have some great CS food, like the breakfast in BC CS counter in back of gift shop, esp the potatoes!! Ale & Compass have great burgers.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #1630
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNS_Tinkerbell View Post
We made the switch from POR Royal Room for 12 nights, to Wilderness Lodge Club level... We wanted to do the Poly and had saved up enough to do a regular room, but due to construction and all the closures, we decided the $50 difference in price from poly to club at WL was worth it.

We are going Nov. 9-20.

So here's counting 262 days to go.
Awesome! WL is fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post

Quick poll: What are your three MUST DO restaurants at Disney? Also, what is your favorite non-park restaurant?

We are trying to branch out and try new things so I love to see what people say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
<3 it!

Thanks for all the awesome restaurant recs! Based solely on majority DH and I are going to shoot for Sanaa at some point - I'm actually thinking Dec trip when we have lots of daytime to fill (figure early and late hours will rule that trip so great time to hit some resort restaurants midday). 50's is on my list for the silly factor and I have been told I HAVE to get a shake there. :-) I'm thinking Ohana would be a good group ADR -- "Ohana means family!!!"

*HUGS* to all and have a great weekend!
dimndgal1, Chiming in on your earlier question on ADRs.

Our must do's: Ohana, both at dinner and breakfast. We love Lilo and Stitch and the character interaction is really good (and relaxed). Food is great too. And dinner has always been a must do every trip (love the shrimp, pot stickers, salad, dessert, everything ) A big family ADR will be perfect!

I was really impressed with Raglan Road and Sanaa. And we have always had a lot of fun at Chef Mickeys (dinner - we've never had breakfast there).

On your earlier note on Garden Grill....perhaps consider putting this into your ADRs for September. The character interaction is fantastic but it is tight seating with a large group. BTW we went to chip and Dale character meet and it was great (they spent several minutes with us). An alternative if you do not eat at GG.

Oh, we have had such fun times at PT 50s! We love all the craziness!!

TY Kook!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #1631
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning All!!!

College would be nice!!! I've thought about high school, but I'm very comfortable where I am....been at the same school for 10 years, so it's kind of like family. Plus DS12 is there with me and the two youngest are next door at the elementary school....guess I'm staying put for a while

years ago at dinner I casually dropped the comment that I was thinking about transferring to my daughters high school, after a few moments of open mouths and silence, Ashley blurts, " you're ruining my life"

Good advice!!! I like that area, too. Unfortunately for us, we would have to get a room with the Murphy bed which means less storage. Of course that would deter me from going

Is that possible!

Bless your heart Just think....it will all be over soon. And you can do this, girlie!!!
I hear when a southern lady says Bless your heart, look out!!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #1632
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaRabbitInTN View Post

Finally, somehow we ended back at the Contemporary but this time non CL.. Just tower- BLV. We also added 2 additional nights.

Hi Jessica and welcome! You definitely fit in here. BTW love your screen name, great movie!

TY Kook!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #1633
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just popping in to say hello before I watch the Olympics. I was able to customize our Magic Bands last night. My friend is getting pink and I'm going with green again.

We are sticking with the AKL CL so far. I had moment of temptation of thinking of changing to WL CL. We ended up deciding to not make the change. My friend had stayed at the WL CL and ended up with a view of the service area vs the view of giraffes and zebras at the AKL.
I love AKL CL!!!

Old 02-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #1634
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We stayed at YC last August. Love it. Great pool complex, love floating along the lazy river!
Great dining options there too, along with CS options, Hurricane Hana's and pool bar have some great CS food, like the breakfast in BC CS counter in back of gift shop, esp the potatoes!! Ale & Compass have great burgers.
Hi Sue Good to hear all the positive of YC.

Following in the path of Jeanette, we have switched to YC for august with the travel agent not to be named. A great deal!!

TY Kook!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #1635
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Happy Be-lated Valentine Greetings To All!

I am so far behind not sure I will ever catch up

Been dreaming about another trip but not knowing what the future holds do to Bella's condition which is the same. I can not wait for nice weather so that we can get a bit more aggressive with her and hopefully able to venture outside with her.

We are considering getting her a Doggie wheelchair if the traction socks, sling and rear leg lift do not work.

Waiting on another storm later today another 2-4 inches and then there is one coming Mon into Tues and guess who has a Dr Appt for Tues. I tried to call to cancel yesterday but the office was closed due to the snow

Hope everyone is well
I'm trying to catch up too but was looking for Bella update. So sorry she hasn't improved much I can't believe the kennel can't be responsible, that's crazy! We just stayed at POR, and the Best Friends kennel is across the road. Every time we passed it I couldn't help but think of you & Bella.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: