Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #1561
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Great news about DD, but sorry to hear about your fall. I hope it doesn't set your recovery back too far.
Thank you! So far just bruised side and ego - I was so careful with all the snow/ice and the mud got me! I'm so happy LO has been such a rockstar... teaches me about tenacity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
The date change is official. My friend called Disney as soon as she got home and made it.

W00t!!! Went ahead and added a night to ours because it's easier to cut down rather than add on late... or, you know, keep it

I'm glad the growth has slowed. Joey had one on his chest, right between his (ugh, not sure if I will get in trouble for the word. It rhymes with triple.) It stopped growing when he was petty young and I don't even think you can see it anymore.
That's good to know SO many people (ILs included) wanted us to do 'something' about it but with her being a preemie I wanted to be as low-impact as possible... no point overtaxing her little system for cosmetic reasons. As long as it doesn't affect her vision, Momma's happy!
Quote:
oh no, I hope you feel better soon.
TY!!!

Quote:
Where can I find the September calendar? I looked on WDW's website and couldn't find it. We are going back to the drawing board on our plans.

Disney World September Calendar
You can find the rest of the months by changing the URL to the right month! Waiting for EasyWDW and TP to update!!!

Quote:
I hope so. My thinking was that it is close to Epcot, which is where we will spend a lot of time at thanks to F&W, and we can enjoy SAB. We added a day, from what we were originally booked, so we could have 2 full days at Epcot to enjoy the F&W kiosks.
It will be perfect!!! The walk to YC from EP is so easy and serene and you can take the Boardwalk 'bypass' if you choose. I debated jumping resorts back to YC (we loved it so much!!!) but with Halloween Party and extra MK time WL works better. SAB will be such a great way to relax after a day of touring the world!!!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #1562
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Wookie: easywdw has prelim calendar for Sept up!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #1563
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quick pop in, just home from work.

Magic: Family Day is only a new holiday about 3 years ago, as far as I know it is only the province of Ontario that has it as a holiday. We went to see the LEGO movie, it was so good, much better than I thought it would be. A nice message to it.

Dimngal: Omg about your fall!! Thank goodness you were not badly hurt reinjuring yourself, or your LO was not badly hurt.

Wookie: Happy for you!! YC will be fab that area cannot be beat IMO.

Iheart: UGH! We are only off by a couple of weeks missing eachother! CRAP!

Hugs to all....getting super close now and finally told Mom about the ship. She was sooo supportive and gave me a big lecture about how she will always be nothing but supportive of anything our family does. We then had a big cryfest when I thanked her for all of the special things they did for us as kids. They had no money but I remember so many special times. She was so touched to hear that. Tears all around. Ah.....
Old 02-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #1564
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
W00t!!! Went ahead and added a night to ours because it's easier to cut down rather than add on late... or, you know, keep it
I agree

Quote:
That's good to know SO many people (ILs included) wanted us to do 'something' about it but with her being a preemie I wanted to be as low-impact as possible... no point overtaxing her little system for cosmetic reasons. As long as it doesn't affect her vision, Momma's happy!
I don't blame you. When they are that small, they have already been through enough. There is no need to put them through more when it isn't needed. My mil(a nurse) told us to keep an eye on it, and not to stress about it.

Quote:

Disney World September Calendar
You can find the rest of the months by changing the URL to the right month! Waiting for EasyWDW and TP to update!!!
Thanks. I'll go check it out to start planning.

Quote:
It will be perfect!!! The walk to YC from EP is so easy and serene and you can take the Boardwalk 'bypass' if you choose. I debated jumping resorts back to YC (we loved it so much!!!) but with Halloween Party and extra MK time WL works better. SAB will be such a great way to relax after a day of touring the world!!!
We are planning on going to MNSSHP, but plan on spending most of our time at Epcot and F&W.

Quote:
Wookie: easywdw has prelim calendar for Sept up!
Thanks, I'll check that out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I think so as well, since the new focus of the trip is F&W.

Quote:
Hugs to all....getting super close now and finally told Mom about the ship. She was sooo supportive and gave me a big lecture about how she will always be nothing but supportive of anything our family does. We then had a big cryfest when I thanked her for all of the special things they did for us as kids. They had no money but I remember so many special times. She was so touched to hear that. Tears all around. Ah.....
I'm glad she was so supportive about it. It can really put a temporary downer on the trip when a loved one gives you flack about a trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #1565
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Quick pop in, just home from work.

Magic: Family Day is only a new holiday about 3 years ago, as far as I know it is only the province of Ontario that has it as a holiday. We went to see the LEGO movie, it was so good, much better than I thought it would be. A nice message to it.

Dimngal: Omg about your fall!! Thank goodness you were not badly hurt reinjuring yourself, or your LO was not badly hurt.

Love the idea of the holiday! Hope it catches on.
Thanks for the warm thoughts - doing okay... just really sore. DH is shuttling kiddos this afternoon so that should help (DD6 has dance and Taekwondo so not having to run around and sit in hard chairs will be a blessing!)

I am so glad telling your mom went well!!! Those emotional moments just help to build strong bridges and mentally clear so much baggage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I agree
I am excited for your trip - mostly because we loved YC and it really is a great spot for F&W. And being able to sneak MNSSHP in there as well -- perfection!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

definitely sore but spending most of the day relaxing. I was able to get into PT for an extra appt to help with stiffness and my doc told me what to keep an eye out for if anything is amiss. And DH is wearing the shuttle hat tonight so that will help a lot!

Working on Sept ADRs and while i knew we'd be character heavy I feel we've gone off the deep end:

MUST DOs: Akerhaus pre-opening, CP - 430p/MNSSHP night

CONSIDERING: Tusker House - pre-opening OR Chef Mickey's

ON THE FENCE: H&V Character meal (either pre opening or late lunch),

DD6 HAS to see her princesses and DF is a Piglet/Eeyore nut. DD6 also loves Sophia and Doc (and LO loves eating stuffed Sophia's dress) and LO loves the Fab 5 so that's why I'm looking at the other two meals...

I am holding off Garden Grill (my personal fave) and 1900 Park Faire for Dec trip - group loved GG last trip and 1900 looks like fun for the adults and kids alike. Just wondering if it would be easier to meet Doc and Sophia v. doing the meal. Also, have never done TH or CF... which is better?

Hope everyone is starting to warm up a bit. We have thunderstorm advisories for Friday What season is this?????
Old 02-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #1566
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the idea of the holiday! Hope it catches on. Thanks for the warm thoughts - doing okay... just really sore. DH is shuttling kiddos this afternoon so that should help (DD6 has dance and Taekwondo so not having to run around and sit in hard chairs will be a blessing!) I am so glad telling your mom went well!!! Those emotional moments just help to build strong bridges and mentally clear so much baggage! I am excited for your trip - mostly because we loved YC and it really is a great spot for F&W. And being able to sneak MNSSHP in there as well -- perfection!!! ------------------------------------------------------------- definitely sore but spending most of the day relaxing. I was able to get into PT for an extra appt to help with stiffness and my doc told me what to keep an eye out for if anything is amiss. And DH is wearing the shuttle hat tonight so that will help a lot! Working on Sept ADRs and while i knew we'd be character heavy I feel we've gone off the deep end: MUST DOs: Akerhaus pre-opening, CP - 430p/MNSSHP night CONSIDERING: Tusker House - pre-opening OR Chef Mickey's ON THE FENCE: H&V Character meal (either pre opening or late lunch), DD6 HAS to see her princesses and DF is a Piglet/Eeyore nut. DD6 also loves Sophia and Doc (and LO loves eating stuffed Sophia's dress) and LO loves the Fab 5 so that's why I'm looking at the other two meals... I am holding off Garden Grill (my personal fave) and 1900 Park Faire for Dec trip - group loved GG last trip and 1900 looks like fun for the adults and kids alike. Just wondering if it would be easier to meet Doc and Sophia v. doing the meal. Also, have never done TH or CF... which is better? Hope everyone is starting to warm up a bit. We have thunderstorm advisories for Friday What season is this?????
Tusker House was ok, and while you get Daisy there (which you don't get anywhere else), you don't see Pluto (which is my favorite)...I prefer Chef Mickey's for the Fab Five, and although I think I prefer breakfast there, we're doing dinner this time around since it was easier to schedule and leave touring time. Pre-park opening Akershus so we can go straight to Elsa and Anna if they still have the same hours this summer. And a pre-park opening CP since although dinner would be a better "deal" on the DP, I love the puffed French toast there!! :-) we really like Hollywood and Vine since it tends not to be as crowded as the other character meals and a perfect way to be out of the heat, grab something to eat, and meet 4 characters! :-) LOVE that Sofia is there now!

We too love Garden Grill, but it would have to be OOP since I've used up all of our TS meals...and PF is so much fun! And DH loves the fact that they have decent sushi on the buffet! (But again, no more room for TS meals) we're not doing Ohana for breakfast either, but I didn't want it too focused on things we've done a million times...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:20 AM   #1567
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Where is everyone? Or is my app just being screwy?

Happy Thursday!!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 02-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #1568
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

Happy Thursday!!

Living the dream.. LOL. Ugh working homework rinse repeat....hugs to all
Old 02-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #1569
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
*hugs* :-)

Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #1570
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
We too love Garden Grill, but it would have to be OOP since I've used up all of our TS meals...and PF is so much fun! And DH loves the fact that they have decent sushi on the buffet! (But again, no more room for TS meals) we're not doing Ohana for breakfast either, but I didn't want it too focused on things we've done a million times...
Having that trouble, too. We are trying to put some new places on our list (Akerhaus, H&V, Tusker) but also hit the faves. With the trip in Dec we can push some faves off until then (Raglan Rd and Garden Grill) but DD REALLY wants to do T-Rex and I'd rather do it without trying to coordinate 10 other people. I am defintiely looking at PF for our Dec trip because I think the buffet will appeal to the whole group and the characters will be fun for the adults as well.
Hmmmm..... So many choices!

Quote:

Happy Thursday!!
DH and I spent the evening talking about the potential assignments for next move and the Dec trip - his family was driving me CRAZY about it so I've made him deal with it all... poor thing! We think the family scattered around Florida should come to Orlando while the 11 of us are there, his parents think we should shuttle the group around, lots of back-and-forth.

Quote:
Keep on keepin' on!!! YOu got this!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Happy planning and ALMOST FRIDAY!!!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #1571
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Ok I seriously need help. LOL. I just priced out a Disneyland trip. The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that we don't have enough miles for free flights. I didn't even bother to see how much one way would be (we have enough for one way tickets, just not round trip)

Old 02-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #1572
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
*hugs* :-)

Quote:
Keep on keepin' on!!! YOu got this!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Happy planning and ALMOST FRIDAY!!!
Sorry you fell I am in perpetual class, between school and work (yep I have homework for my new job :rotfl)

But there is ALWAYS time to ch-ch-change......

No more Universal this summer !!! A week at the beach then YC

Mega YC meet I hope...I just realized I have one night with nothing booked....what's a gal to do....book one teeny night at WL....hmmmmm perhaps.....just to say hi to some WL lovin' friends
Old 02-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #1573
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Ok I seriously need help. LOL. I just priced out a Disneyland trip. The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that we don't have enough miles for free flights. I didn't even bother to see how much one way would be (we have enough for one way tickets, just not round trip)

I won't be much help - I tried to convince everyone to do DL for Christmas... World of Color is far and away my favorite show ever! I also wish WDW had a restaurant like Blue Bayou ((and a Club 33))

pas oooooh, beach!!! Always love beach time! And I love the idea of 'sneaking' a night at WL.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #1574
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I HAVE TOTALLY DONE THAT
Old 02-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #1575
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry you fell I am in perpetual class, between school and work (yep I have homework for my new job :rotfl)

But there is ALWAYS time to ch-ch-change......

No more Universal this summer !!! A week at the beach then YC

Mega YC meet I hope...I just realized I have one night with nothing booked....what's a gal to do....book one teeny night at WL....hmmmmm perhaps.....just to say hi to some WL lovin' friends
I am hoping your schedule gets less busy soon. :hug
In the meantime, you've made a fabulous change! HS, Epcot, Crescent Lake...Vacation Heaven!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: