Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #1546
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
The monorail was closed for electrical system replacement, drats. I forgot all about that. Speaking of closed monorail: hmmmm, should I change our reservation away from GF now? When we were at GF on Friday, I asked a bunch of questions at the Concierge desk about the timeframe etc for monorail closure, and they were very nice. They said they are offering a bus to MK that takes you right to the front of the loading/unloading areas. But GF is a convenient location for the Speedway and all our ADRs. What to do, what to do?.
So what IS the timeframe for the monorail work? Is it scheduled to be up and running by the summer then or are they sticking with limited running hours?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #1547
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RC friends! The dates for Epcot Food and Wine 2014 were released today! Sept 19-Nov 10. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...eek-this-fall/ It's a week earlier this year. The early start is especially nice for anyone who's looking for a room with the military discount. The current offer runs through Sept 27th, checking out Sept 28th. I'll be back later to multiquote, but in the meantime, Happy Planning everybody!
I think that for my 40th birthday (still 3 years away at least) I am going to propose a food and wine extended weekend trip, maybe just a girls thing or something...have yet to go for it, but I think it would be a lot of fun! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...

Last edited by Koh1977; 02-18-2014 at 01:42 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #1548
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So what IS the timeframe for the monorail work? Is it scheduled to be up and running by the summer then or are they sticking with limited running hours?

It is set to be done next month.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #1549
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
It is set to be done next month.
Oh ok. Can't use that as an excuse to switch resorts and add a night then. Lol

Old 02-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #1550
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
So out of the blue yesterday, DS starts talking about the next time we go to Disney and what he wants to do, etc. I reminded him that we weren't going anytime soon, that we were just going to do a couple weekend trips to Chicago and St. Louis instead. Explained how expensive it was and how he seemed to not appreciate when we did go, that he couldn't expect to go every year...

Hopefully I threw him off! :-)

DD said she wanted to see the princesses the other day, like THAT day. Lol. So impatient.

Can't wait to surprise them both. :-)

I can't wait to hear how the surprise reveal went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
I'm getting an AP!!!
We did the math and it's $50 more for me to get an AP than to buy the tickets needed for our two trips... and with the AP we can get TiW which will come in VERY handy for the trips.

That's the only change I have now, though I did touch base with the TA who helped me with rates for December to see if she can do anything better for September. We shall see!!!

to everyone and Happy Monday! Stay warm!
That's awesome!! I would love to have an AP.

Quote:
Glad you had the day together for the four of you. Your meal sounds teriffic. And I am glad you didn't burn down the house! PS -- AKL CL will be so much fun for you guys!
It really was a pretty great meal. I was really worried there for a minute about burning down the kitchen. I don't know what her cabinet fronts are bad out of, but they are not wood. The flames got pretty high, and I only used 4 oz of rum, instead of the full 8. I had to move the pan off the burner to the center of the glass top oven, to keep from catching the cabinets on fire.

Quote:
Hi RC friends!
The dates for Epcot Food and Wine 2014 were released today!
Sept 19-Nov 10.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...eek-this-fall/

It's a week earlier this year. The early start is especially nice for anyone who's looking for a room with the military discount. The current offer runs through Sept 27th, checking out Sept 28th.

I'll be back later to multiquote, but in the meantime, Happy Planning everybody!
That is awesome!! You may have just given us the info to move our August trip to September.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #1551
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Another snow day here and with that I just pulled a major RC.

With the uncertainty at the Poly in August, I was feeling too uneasy to keep that booking. Plus, I just can't wait to get out of this icky, cold, snowy crap.

Soooooo.... I just changed to 3/22-3/29 at the Beach Club!!! I used the Expedia UK site and got about 50% off

We loved F&G last year so I'm super excited to do it again. Never booked this close to a trip before... better get cracking on the planning.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #1552
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Another snow day here and with that I just pulled a major RC. With the uncertainty at the Poly in August, I was feeling too uneasy to keep that booking. Plus, I just can't wait to get out of this icky, cold, snowy crap. Soooooo.... I just changed to 3/22-3/29 at the Beach Club!!! I used the Expedia UK site and got about 50% off We loved F&G last year so I'm super excited to do it again. Never booked this close to a trip before... better get cracking on the planning.
How'd you use the UK site? That is awesome!! I would love to go NOW! :-)

Old 02-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #1553
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How'd you use the UK site? That is awesome!! I would love to go NOW! :-)

I read about it doing it here on the DIS somewhere. I can't remember which board. So I just googled Expedia UK and went from there. I had to call my CC company to authorize a foreign transaction, then I spoke to someone from the site and confirmed that you don't have to be a resident of the UK to use their deals. It was painless and I already have my conf# for MDE. Magic Bands are on the way!

The only thing is.... DH doesn't know yet. He'll be fine with it though. I think.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #1554
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I read about it doing it here on the DIS somewhere. I can't remember which board. So I just googled Expedia UK and went from there. I had to call my CC company to authorize a foreign transaction, then I spoke to someone from the site and confirmed that you don't have to be a resident of the UK to use their deals. It was painless and I already have my conf# for MDE. Magic Bands are on the way! The only thing is.... DH doesn't know yet. He'll be fine with it though. I think.
What's the conversion rate? Can you add tickets and dining plan to it or is it just hotel?

Old 02-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #1555
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Well AKL CL didn't last long once I found out the dates for F&W. We have both new dates and resort. The new info is 9/20-24/14 at YC GV.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #1556
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Welcome back, Sparkly! Sorry you had to leave but I can't wait to pick your brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
OOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOoooooo an AP!!! NICE!
Quote:
Yeah to the AP! We should've gotten them on one of our many trips. Probably would've saved us money when we went two times within a year's timeframe. Oh well...

Quote:
Yahoo for an AP. Just sayin'... it seems that additional WDW trips always sneak into the calendar year when APs are involved!
I'm beyond thrilled with the thought of an AP! We got them as honeymoon gifts when we lived in Florida - money was tight so we thought a year's worth of short trips would be more fun than one big one. It worked out great (we got to do the Sneak Peek of Everest!) and that year is what sold DH on Disney.

Quote:
New mugs!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
We saw the new mugs in the food court earlier, typical they come out the day we go home! We only had the choice of green or purple.
Quote:
I wish they had a green one. That way we could have mugs that matched our bands! (And a purple band would be great too!)
NOOOO - We just decided against the DP since we can now get TiW! *sighs* Poor husband; looks like we have to factor in 2 mugs... you know, because one mug gets lonely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps

Thanks dimnigal1... and as you are no stranger to these diseases, I'm sorry for you too. And thankful that your DD's are helping your grandmother focus and remember. My mom has my DS Paul on her brain alot. Looking forward to when he can visit with her.

Dimndgal1 -- you and Mousemommy had me laughing out loud!! so funny!
I won't lie, the moments my grandfather had with my DD are precious to me and I am so glad her spirit has been infectious for the rest of my grandparents - precocious is a polite way to describe DD6. And the impact they have on the kids really lasts; DD often brings up my grandfather and wants me to tell stories of when he and I would do stuff when I was young... keeps the memories alive even though he has passed.

LOL - I wish i could say I was joking but DH keeps asking if December trip has moved 'on property' yet. As of now, no... but the year is young!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
that sounds SOO amazing.... and oh, have a glass of wine at hand too.

And I agree with Koh, let your family know your plans and leave it up to them to decide if they will follow suit. I do not think it's tacky and wouldn't begrudge you going just because I didn't or couldn't go myself. Take the opportunity... with your potential upcoming move, it may be a while before you can return to WDW, let alone in December.
OOOH - wine! Almost forgot (adds to list)!!!

I appreciate all the awesome support and suggestions. It helps to get outside perspective and really keeps me from being led by the pull of the mouse! Many thanks!!!

Quote:
Hi RC friends!
The dates for Epcot Food and Wine 2014 were released today!
Sept 19-Nov 10.

It's a week earlier this year. The early start is especially nice for anyone who's looking for a room with the military discount. The current offer runs through Sept 27th, checking out Sept 28th.

I'll be back later to multiquote, but in the meantime, Happy Planning everybody!
W0000000000000000000000000000000000t! We are there through the 20th!!!!!!!!! OOOOH - do I add a day?????

And, I agree about the limited color choices!

Quote:
I think that for my 40th birthday (still 3 years away at least) I am going to propose a food and wine extended weekend trip, maybe just a girls thing or something...have yet to go for it, but I think it would be a lot of fun! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DO IT! We made the mistake of doing F&W as our first trip with AP which was great - so much fun and DH had a blast realizing there was more to the World than the mouse. That said, it did spoil us a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I can't wait to hear how the surprise reveal went down.

That's awesome!! I would love to have an AP.

That is awesome!! You may have just given us the info to move our August trip to September.
JOIN US! i would love to have some people visit in Sept - we looked into moving to August but DH is going to be all over the world this summer so too risky!

Quote:
Another snow day here and with that I just pulled a major RC.

With the uncertainty at the Poly in August, I was feeling too uneasy to keep that booking. Plus, I just can't wait to get out of this icky, cold, snowy crap.

Soooooo.... I just changed to 3/22-3/29 at the Beach Club!!! I used the Expedia UK site and got about 50% off

We loved F&G last year so I'm super excited to do it again. Never booked this close to a trip before... better get cracking on the planning.
LOVE a way to warm up a snowday! And like your logic!!! SAB is such fun - DH and I can't wait until LO is old enough to swim so we can go back to YC and let the kiddos bop around SAB and dance with the lifeguards again!

------------------------------------------------------------

Today has been an up and down day.

The good - while we got an inch of snow overnight, DD6 was only delayed a few hours and now it's in the 50s!!! Took LO to her opthamologist - she has a small hemangioma (growth) above her left eye (common in preemies) so we are keeping tabs on it. She also had some signs of nearsightedness so we were concerned she might need glasses. Turns out that the growth has slowed - we are using minimal medical treatment since it's benign - and her vision is starting to improve!

Fast forward to getting home and as I'm bringing groceries in, I slip in a muddy spot in the yard and land hard on my left hip, the one I had surgery on a month ago. So, I had to call DH to come home (can't lift LO much), am back on a crutch, and am laid up. *sighs* Just grateful DH was available and I wasn't holding LO when I fell!!!

BUT, Sept calendar is out so now I can plan ADRs. I ended up giving the rezzie to the TA I have talked to @ Dec. We had run several different scenarios and she has been so awesome even though we hadn't come close to being able to book, but I realized I could get her help with Sept trip and we can all win. She was totally magnanimous - kept saying I didn't need to do that - but I told her if she could secure the same room/rate, I'd rebook with her. In a way, it will be tons easier because she can help with ADRs and FP+, and the fact she understands Dec may not make the move to 'on-property' is so professional and understanding that I feel comfortable giving up the reigns a bit. Plus, she's keeping an eye out for any special rates that might pop up (though with F&W starting early I'm not sure the odds.

to all -- Love reading the changes, seeing how everyone is doing, and grateful to have such a great bunch of indecisive ladies to talk with!!!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #1557
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What's the conversion rate? Can you add tickets and dining plan to it or is it just hotel?

They used 1.68 pound sterling = 1 dollar. Google showed the current rate at 1.67, but it only amounted to an $11 difference so no big deal to me.

My CC also has no foreign transaction fees so that may make a difference in cost too. If you are pricing

ETA: I don't know about tix and dining. Didn't try.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #1558
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well AKL CL didn't last long once I found out the dates for F&W. We have both new dates and resort. The new info is 9/20-24/14 at YC GV.
YC for F&W will be amazing!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #1559
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today has been an up and down day.

The good - while we got an inch of snow overnight, DD6 was only delayed a few hours and now it's in the 50s!!! Took LO to her opthamologist - she has a small hemangioma (growth) above her left eye (common in preemies) so we are keeping tabs on it. She also had some signs of nearsightedness so we were concerned she might need glasses. Turns out that the growth has slowed - we are using minimal medical treatment since it's benign - and her vision is starting to improve!

Fast forward to getting home and as I'm bringing groceries in, I slip in a muddy spot in the yard and land hard on my left hip, the one I had surgery on a month ago. So, I had to call DH to come home (can't lift LO much), am back on a crutch, and am laid up. *sighs* Just grateful DH was available and I wasn't holding LO when I fell!!!

BUT, Sept calendar is out so now I can plan ADRs. I ended up giving the rezzie to the TA I have talked to @ Dec. We had run several different scenarios and she has been so awesome even though we hadn't come close to being able to book, but I realized I could get her help with Sept trip and we can all win. She was totally magnanimous - kept saying I didn't need to do that - but I told her if she could secure the same room/rate, I'd rebook with her. In a way, it will be tons easier because she can help with ADRs and FP+, and the fact she understands Dec may not make the move to 'on-property' is so professional and understanding that I feel comfortable giving up the reigns a bit. Plus, she's keeping an eye out for any special rates that might pop up (though with F&W starting early I'm not sure the odds.

to all -- Love reading the changes, seeing how everyone is doing, and grateful to have such a great bunch of indecisive ladies to talk with!!!
Great news about DD, but sorry to hear about your fall. I hope it doesn't set your recovery back too far.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #1560
letthewookiewin

Quote:
JOIN US! i would love to have some people visit in Sept - we looked into moving to August but DH is going to be all over the world this summer so too risky!
The date change is official. My friend called Disney as soon as she got home and made it.

Quote:
I'm glad the growth has slowed. Joey had one on his chest, right between his (ugh, not sure if I will get in trouble for the word. It rhymes with triple.) It stopped growing when he was petty young and I don't even think you can see it anymore.

Quote:
oh no, I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:

Where can I find the September calendar? I looked on WDW's website and couldn't find it. We are going back to the drawing board on our plans.

Quote:
YC for F&W will be amazing!!!!!!
I hope so. My thinking was that it is close to Epcot, which is where we will spend a lot of time at thanks to F&W, and we can enjoy SAB. We added a day, from what we were originally booked, so we could have 2 full days at Epcot to enjoy the F&W kiosks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: