Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #136
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hannah: Are you going to try and miss that Columbus day weekend? The crowds sound CRAZY. This'll be our first time in Oct. We normally go in Sept. so it'll be interesting to compare the heat now to when we usually are there.
That is exactly what I want to miss. I don't want my family to deal with those crowds on their only weekend there. It sounds miserable!

I'm considering getting married at the Swan and Dolphin. You get a lot more bang for your buck, but no annual passes which means more money for DFi and I to spend on the Disneymoon. It's not set in stone, but when I was going through Passporter's Guide to Disney Weddings, I had to give it a thought. Plus there is no guest limit so if any other family members wanted to come, they could. We shall see how it works out. I'll probably still go with a DFTW, but the weddings at the Swan and Dolphin sound enticing. Especially for the cost.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #137
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel.

DS10 went to bed with a 103 fever that I just can't get down and DD2 is still up because she can't breathe when she lays down. The other boys aren't doing much better either

Maybe by some stroke of odd luck they will all be fine tomorrow, but I just don't see it.

The only good news is that our flights are SW so no penalties. I've already got my eye on 12/18-12/25. The idea of Christmas morning in WDW is somewhat taking the sting out of losing F&W and MNSSHP. Somewhat. Maybe a nice CM will take pity on me and let me change my MNSSHP for MVMCP tix?

Sorry for the me, me, me post. I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #138
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel. DS10 went to bed with a 103 fever that I just can't get down and DD2 is still up because she can't breathe when she lays down. The other boys aren't doing much better either Maybe by some stroke of odd luck they will all be fine tomorrow, but I just don't see it. The only good news is that our flights are SW so no penalties. I've already got my eye on 12/18-12/25. The idea of Christmas morning in WDW is somewhat taking the sting out of losing F&W and MNSSHP. Somewhat. Maybe a nice CM will take pity on me and let me change my MNSSHP for MVMCP tix? Sorry for the me, me, me post. I'll try to catch up tomorrow.
Awe! I heart, so sorry to hear! Hoping your crew feels better ASAP! You're BRAVE to consider Christmas! How wonderful to celebrate in Disney, but those crowds scare me! I couldn't do it! I'm hoping I survive Dec 3-9!!!!! :rofl:
Feel better vibes sent your way!!!
(((Hugs)))

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #139
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, I_Heart... I hope they feel better soon. Poor kiddos. Big hugs to them and you. Sending you good thoughts always.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #140
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I_heart - so sorry to hear about the kiddos whatever has been going around has just been nasty. Sarah started another round of antibiotic injections yesterday after being on an oral course for over a week. I have been waking up every 2 hours monitoring her fever because it spikes so fast when the Motrin wears off (hence why I am posting at 2am). I know it's hard to cancel but if they are all feeling so crappy the last thing you want to do is get on a plane and go to a place that is wall to wall people. Oh poor kiddos and mommy!! Big HUGS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #141
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DS10 went to bed with a 103 fever that I just can't get down and DD2 is still up because she can't breathe when she lays down. The other boys aren't doing much better either

Maybe by some stroke of odd luck they will all be fine tomorrow, but I just don't see it.

The only good news is that our flights are SW so no penalties. I've already got my eye on 12/18-12/25. The idea of Christmas morning in WDW is somewhat taking the sting out of losing F&W and MNSSHP. Somewhat. Maybe a nice CM will take pity on me and let me change my MNSSHP for MVMCP tix?

Oh no! That just stinks, I'm sorry.

I hope the kids get better soon! And yes, thank god for easy travel on SW!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #142
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

That is such a bummer IHeart, so sorry.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #143
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Oh boy, am I really finally popping up on page 9 on the new thread?? Sheesh it has been too long. Work is pretty busy and I've meant to get on here to catch up for over a week now.

Well my birthday bash was just super! We did it all "crazy-like" but it was what we wanted to do, and it worked. Just DH and I stayed at the SSR Treehouse:
  • After checking in Friday at SSR and taking lots of pictures of the awesome Treehouse, we took our leisurely resort boat from the Treehouse to DtD, and ate Holiday Sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich. Hot damn, I can't get enough of those little buggers.
  • Then we were off to the CR marina to meet our pontoon boat for my birthday HalloWishes boat ride. It was waiting for us sporting a Happy Bday banner for me thanks to DH. We always enjoy this pontoon boat excursion, and it was perfect weather that night. The only bad part of our trip was that all the traffic lights were out at DtD. It took us over an hour to get to CR. It was kinda stressful. I don't think Wishes would have waited for us. But I am sure glad we planned accordingly and allowed plenty of time to stroll around CR for a while before our boat ride. Our boat operator tacked on extra time after Wishes for us since we missed the first 15 minutes of our rental.
  • Later we went back to SSR and toured the resort, and had a snack at Artist's Palatte. We met a interesting couple also from Sarasota (she commutes to work at WDW in California!) and talked to them for quite a while. We really, really liked the relaxed vibe there at SSR. It immediately felt like home. We look forward to staying at a studio there again one day soon.
  • Next morning, we hung out our our deck, drank coffee, and waved at the boats for waaaay to long. When we finally got moving we went to AK, and did Flame Tree BBQ "breakfast" snack for the first time (thanks JanetB). The weather was perfect for AK with lots of animals out and about as it was our first (short-lived) nice day of the season.
  • We left WDW and drove to Titusville on the east coast for late lunch at my very very very favorite Dixie Crossroads restaurant. OMG, the royal red shrimps and the rock shrimp are to die for like you've never had shrimp before. We regularly drive across state just to eat there. For any one interested here, I highly recommend it.
  • We drove back to WDW, shopped the monorail line and then went to the late Hoop-de-Doo dinner show.
  • After Hoop, we boated to MK. They were open late so we got to do some fave rides and had a Bday Dole Whip!
  • Sunday we did a Capt. Grille breakfast Sunday and strolled my fave boardwalk before it got too hot (hey, where'd the cool weather go???). Then we popped over to DHS and did Toy Story Mania before we hit the road.
  • A very very nice weekend. And then for the icing on my birthday cake, I got to see my BFF from N.J. late Sunday for dinner and a sunset airboat ride down in Ft Myers area. We did a LOT of driving this weekend, but all for a good cause... me!

FYI, we cancelled CG or this time, but we'll be able to watch Wishes from our dinner table for our next CR ADR in Feb/Mar. We wouldn't have seen Wishes this time since it was a Halloween Party night and HalloWishes started later (oooops, I forgot this juicy tidbit when I booked this CG 7pm ADR).

So... I must catch up with all of you now from the end of the last thread. But let me just send quickies to:

MISSOUTANDABOUT: This is the fourth WDW vacation I have you taking this year alone, but I think I FINALLY have it right this time: You are going to WDW!!!!!!! So if I don't get back here before you go, have a MAGICAL VACATION!!!!!!!

stepdisney: Hi, it is so nice to "see" you! I so understand about your parents health issues. I am going through trying times with mine as well. As far as resorts: I've logged many PO stays, and it always feels like home when we arrive there. The POR food court is best in the land as food courts go. The pool area is great for August with lots of shady areas to beat the heat. AND who knows, you may just make a RC or two before August.

LillianGracey: Hannah, welcome back!!!! I am thrilled to see you here and am so happy for your WONDERFUL news.
MAGIC your Disney Birthday celebration sounded wonderful, love the Fireworks Cruise
Quote:
Hannah: Are you going to try and miss that Columbus day weekend? The crowds sound CRAZY. This'll be our first time in Oct. We normally go in Sept. so it'll be interesting to compare the heat now to when we usually are there.

Sheila: You are so right -- It's coming up TOO SOON! My lists are great and all but these cubes aren't packing themselves. Have you been looking at the temps down there?

Candace: Ahhh. That's a nice change. When's the mine train due to finish?

No way... didn't miss it! I was just incognito about it... thank you, pal. Need to see if I have any topping to turn into crumble.

Also, I'm going to see if G-ma will stump up the dough for that Miss M Christmas purchase. Is that awful?

Awwww, you had a BRILLIANT birthday celebration! Belated wishes to you and our Koh. What other Libra am I missing? We just got silly heirloom apples and went to one of my favorite breweries for my shindig -- positively pedestrian compared to yours!

Magic & Jeanette: Figured I'd share this with you two, I took a quiz earlier about which state most reflects your attitude and got New Jersey. So, what does that say about me?

Step: Did you make that change?

Dimndgal1: Another MD -- albeit transplanted elsewhere -- gal here.

----------------------

It's snowing here. Can you believe that? That FL sunshine is going to come as a HUGE shock to the system

Did a quick run by Target for some schtuffs for the trip. (I didn't need any laundry detergent though, Sheila... I checked after I read that. )
Miss I haven't looked at the weather but have read a few posts saying about this Oct being unusually warm which scares me a little. I think it is going to be crazy busy too there are very few ADRs showing availability compared with my previous trips last year. Oh well too late now, what will be will be

Quote:

i_heart I am so sorry the kids are still sick, high fevers are so worrisome

Christmas in Disney sounds just wonderful as alternative dates

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #144
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I canceled all of my ADRs today for our canceled trip next week I am so bummed. I am really looking forward to next year, though! I need to choose a month already. It looks like I am going to have a hard time though because it seems state testing it spread through the entire month. I have to write in to school and have them give me the exact dates so I can start planning.
Every time I try to pick a date for F&G, one of the kids or DH has a conflict...our testing is in May, but concerts and other assorted school mumbo jumbo...good luck with getting those dates sis!! I know you will plan an amazing 2014 trip!! HUGE HUGS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I can't say you are crazy, yesterday I was again trying to talk DH into changing to POR or two rooms at a value.
I found out DS5 needs brand new glasses...so we came very close to an offsite booking for December....

Quote:
I know right Sheila? He is all like "I work hard and deserve BWI and CL", and it is really hard to argue with that. But I am thinking ahead too, and would love to have a little cushion already there for our next trip.
I am the spoiled gal, but I am learning to appreciate the value of saving...what happened to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
DH prefers deluxe and CL too....but, he is not one to argue with savings. However, I would just be thinking he was miserable the whole time....well, not miserable but thinking about where we "should" be staying....

I just keep thinking about the fact that we need a new living room set, we want to redo the playroom. DD9 wants her room redone....

It's a $3000+ difference between GF SL and the values....

A lot of this stuff we want to do can be done with that $3k!!!!

I even thought about not going at all...but! I can't do that to the kids (or me)....I honestly never thought we would be making annual visits like we have been since 2009....I feel so blessed but like.....we've spent about $25k-$30k on Disney over that timeframe?!?!? Is that normal?
I refuse to add up collectively what we have spent since 2009...me thinks it IS normal! that's 4 years, so at say $7000 a year..that is NOT unreasonable....

Quote:
But even if it was not Disney, I am sure your family would be spending $$$ on family vacations somewhere right?? Your family just happens to like Disney....very much....much like mine....and all our RC families!
Exactly, and these kiddos grow up so fast, plus the zombie apocalypse will come..who knows when. Live each day my friends

Quote:
It's funny, I left my house and it is now freezing!!! Literally, frost on my windshield...and I thought of how nice Florida is

I asked the kids...would you rather have a new living room set, or a big fancy trip to Disney??? They said Trip TO DISNEY!!! They pointed, out...the couch looks a mess in spots, but we can still sit on it. Just throw a blanket over it they said
Bean bags are super cheap...that's what I will buy for the living room

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
My DH kept teasing me last night that Daryl died. As soon as I get home from work today, I'll watch it.
That's not nice to tease like that...DH gets locked in the ToT....hahahaha...how was the Dr. apt with all those ittybittys..jeez.

Quote:
Just noticed that I am 299 days out from our next trip!!! At least that's under 300!
Me too then!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
A wise Mousemommy once told bme take advantage of a great deal while you can, you never know when it will disappear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Still pretty much flat on my back exercising in bed, trying not to cough and taking short walks around the house attempting not to trip over the 2 puppies!!!

Quote:
Miss E! is it your DHs too??? Sorry for the belated wishes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Oh, I'm behind alrready and the thread hasn't hit double digits yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
PAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My HOMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really mised you guys (HI KOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I am teaching 7th grade. It is my favorite grade but my goodness....7th graders are a piece of work. Meanwhile, I have a 7th grader. We were going to try to squeeze in a small trip this summer but my DS was accepted into an engineering program with a summer bridge and the promise of scholarship and internship but it meant that he had to go to school in the summer. It was a GREAT program. We thought that we could squeeze in at the beginning of August but then we received the first tuition bill. I am going to book our trip for this August now so that we can get it paid off ASAP!!! I need a vacation. Right now I am praying for SNOW....

You have done such a wonderful job keeping the RCers happy and keeping a home for us. You are NOT a sap. You are so genuine. (I'm sitting here misty eyed). Now.... help me because I've already switched from AoA to Poly to PO (I've never booked a moderate, please tell me it will be okay) I loved Pop but am not sure I like any of the themes at the moderates. So....I'm booked at PO and I know I am about to change soon. Back to cha cha changing....
Yep step..I've got a seventh grader too...12 is such a lovely age..NOT!! I was totally tearing up writing that post the other night And as for your ch-ch-changing train...I'd expect nothing less from my heroine so far my August trip was an April then June (first August) or something like that...WL CL to GF CL....the year is young my dear friend..plenty of time for changing!!! I am such a mod-phobe...dunno why. One poor CBR experience. But, CSR Business class intrigues me... I loves me my MK resorts though....Did I say how glad I was you are back yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
It's been one of those days that started out one way and with one phone call, went in a total different level of bleh. I ended up not going in to work today. Just as I was getting ready to walk out the door, my mom called. She had a call from her cousin or her husband (who lives in the town that my grandmother's nursing home is in and is the first to call if she has an emergency since they are close). My grandmother had had a stroke and it wasn't sounding good. They were just waiting on the chopper to take her into Fort Worth. My DH and I were parking just as the chopper landed, and saw them put her in an ambulance to take into the ER. She's in the ICU now, but thanks to some shot they gave her (some 3 letter acronym that is like Draino for clearing clots out of veins and starts with a T) is doing much better than they think she would have been doing without the shot. Now we're just waiting on tests results. When they first got her to an ER room, she was able to tell us what my cousin's name was, and my name. When I asked her if she recognized my DH she said, "well of course I know my David. You get over here and give Mama a hug." He was the only person, she asked for a hug from. I just laughed and told my DH, "she I told you she loves you most of all."[/FONT][/COLOR]
TPA is the drug Gramma got, it dissolves the blood clot in the brain, basically curing the stroke. She was blessed to have gotten it, there is a 4 hour window to give it, that's it. She's a strong lady, bless her
Quote:
OK. Who said I was not going to make it past Monday without changing??? Well, you were right....and this is a major one....

We have moved our trip from August to April!!!!!!! we are now 4/24/14 - 5/3/14 at WL CL!!!!!

I can't even believe it!!! ADRS need to be done in 7 days!!!!!

For many reasons, April will work a lot better for us and we get to Disney sooner!! I also bought our airfare, got a good deal!!!
I KNEW this would be the dance we would do WL-GF....darn that pinky swear

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Have a feeling it's going to be a long day, Sarah woke up burning up AGAIN after being on antibiotics for the past week and she is so congested in her chest, I don't have a good feeling about this one. And of course I had an appt today that was my reschedule from when she was sick before and Steven has an appt this afternoon I am going to have to cancel.

HUGS
Melissa

Oh Melissa DS5 has been so sick since the flu shot..ugh these germs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I emailed the Custom Cake folks and they were really on the ball. (I'd first made a call to the Boardwalk private dining but didn't have a good feeling about it.) Anywho, I decided to go for a "mini-wedding cake" ... just a very small two-tiered "cake" (more like a double-decker cupcake) in a Halloween theme with fondant pumpkins on top. They'll deliver it after his birthday dinner at BOG the night of the Halloween party.Now, to keep a certain someone from blabbing...It was 32 degrees when I did the school walk this morning

Guess the germs are out in full force. Miss M is sounding all bunged up. Seems to be a normal pre-trip occurrence around here.Plying her with decongestant and Claritin.

We went over to Michigan on Sunday for my "getting older day" and picked up some apples and blackberries. Wondering if I should make a cobbler... those blackberries are so. flippin'. good. though. I'd feel like I was "wasting" them.
Hope she feels better soon! I love cake

Quote:
Ahem...well, that was short lived.... (note Ticker change)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Well my birthday bash was just super! We did it all "crazy-like" but it was what we wanted to do, and it worked. Just DH and I stayed at the SSR Treehouse:
Great TR, the lights out at DtD sounds horrible, but your birthday trip sounded wonderful

Quote:

Magic & Jeanette: Figured I'd share this with you two, I took a quiz earlier about which state most reflects your attitude and got New Jersey. So, what does that say about me?
It means you're awesome, head-strong with a fab personality Jersey girls rock! REAL Jersey girls..not the as seen on TV ones....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
It's so funny you write that!!! I have to take older DD to a specialty appointment Friday and she has to miss school. I purposely picked a half day because they tend to be review or 'easy' days. She was DEVASTATED when I told her. "But Mommy, WHY? Can't I go and then leave?" "Honey, you'd be in school for 15 minutes!" "But it's an important 15 minutes!"

... I hope she's this enthused for high school as she is first grade.
They totally grow out of that by middle school I think! Mine are the same way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hoping for lovely weather in December
We are too Marie

Quote:
That stinks I hope they are feeling better today lovey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I_heart - so sorry to hear about the kiddos whatever has been going around has just been nasty. Sarah started another round of antibiotic injections yesterday after being on an oral course for over a week. I have been waking up every 2 hours monitoring her fever because it spikes so fast when the Motrin wears off (hence why I am posting at 2am). I know it's hard to cancel but if they are all feeling so crappy the last thing you want to do is get on a plane and go to a place that is wall to wall people. Oh poor kiddos and mommy!! Big HUGS!!!!

More and
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #145
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:

Oh no!!! Sending pixie dust your way and lots of prayers that you can still go and that your kids will be in tip top shape!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #146
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I_Heart & Melissa: Thinking of you ladies... and your kiddos.

Jen: Awww, middle DD! Couldn't tell from my screen. (Those two look so much alike, teeny-tiny and the middle.) Teeny's BD is coming up! Going to say it now so I don't forget during vacation... I hope she has a FABULOUS day and has a blast getting candy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Miss I haven't looked at the weather but have read a few posts saying about this Oct being unusually warm which scares me a little. I think it is going to be crazy busy too there are very few ADRs showing availability compared with my previous trips last year. Oh well too late now, what will be will be
I just peeked again. Looks like highs in the low 80's with lows in the 60's. Sounds like the evenings will be nice and cool. The lack of ADRs is scary. Are they running FD during your time? Our September trips were all like that. Total scarcity of available ADRs -- crowds were light though so got my fingers crossed. Since this is our first time going in October I really don't know what to expect.

Hannah: Ah, have you visited S&D? They've got some really pretty grounds. Being so close to the IG would also be a huge bonus, I think. Lots of places around (including S&D) for photo shoots, I'd think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I found out DS5 needs brand new glasses...so we came very close to an offsite booking for December....
AWWW, must see pics when he gets them. Your kiddos pic out the cutest specs.

Quote:
Miss E! is it your DHs too??? Sorry for the belated wishes!!
Thanks a ton, lady. (Hubbo's is coming up next week. The big 4-0! We get everything out of the way in the span of a couple weeks: birthdays, anniversaries. )

Quote:
Hope she feels better soon! I love cake
Thank yoooou. She's responding well to the decongestant and the Claritin, thankfully. But of course, in all the rush this morning, totally forgot to give her a dose before school. Ah well.

Quote:
It means you're awesome, head-strong with a fab personality Jersey girls rock! REAL Jersey girls..not the as seen on TV ones....
I'm an honorary Jersey gal! Got such good company.

~~---------------------------------~~

I can't believe I just got the message I can do online check-in ... for the January trip. One thing at a time, eh? (Besides, I have no clue what, if anything, to request.) Scratch that, it was just a reminder to check-in for THIS trip... which I did a while ago. Thought the reservation number looked screwy. Off to play with my packing cubes. Simple pleasures and all that.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #147
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Well, it's done. Flights and resort have been rescheduled and I was able to get my MNSSHP tix changed to MVMCP on 12/19. Check out my shiny new ticker! Official trip dates 12/17-12/25.

I'm sad, but looking forward to a new round of RCing. DS10 already put in a vote for more AKV time

I hope DD naps today since she only got 5 hours of sleep last night and I need to get caught up.

Hugs all around and thanks for the well wishes I love you guys.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #148
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, it's done. Flights and resort have been rescheduled and I was able to get my MNSSHP tix changed to MVMCP on 12/19. Check out my shiny new ticker! Official trip dates 12/17-12/25.

I'm sad, but looking forward to a new round of RCing. DS10 already put in a vote for more AKV time

I hope DD naps today since she only got 5 hours of sleep last night and I need to get caught up.

Hugs all around and thanks for the well wishes I love you guys.
So glad you were able to fix it all up for December ! You rock momma!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #149
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Okay sitting down to catch up before I do anything else today. I feel like I have only gotten a chance to skim the new thread since it was put up. So starting from the beginning:

Linda - how is the back? Any better?

Krystal - I am just getting a chance to check out the website for your MIL....she is lucky to have you in her life!!! Wonderful news about the tumors Like you said, not out of the woods, but a GREAT start!!!!

KOOK - love the new orange bird!! Oh and the citrus swirl one, I need to get my hands on that one for sure Any word on the Christmas trip yet? I have been staying away from the CR thread because it makes me sad that we aren't staying there, but as you understand, making our dollar stretch a little further than it did last year at WDW.

dmindgal1 - not to jinx you, but we havent seen a bad storm down here in a few years, so we may need to some extra special NO STORM prayers for you next September

Jen - I know its a few days late, but sorry about the moms panel You will always be part of our advice panel for sure!

Hannah - I was going to mention waiting until after Columbus Day as well, but it looks like everyone beat me to it I know when I considered going then the crowd levels were so much higher than the weekend before and the weekend after. I think staying away from any holidays even small ones is the way to go!

Marie - woohoo on your BFF coming too

Janet - can you add me to the Dec dates, especially since my whole family cant wait to see you again We will be there the 5-8 off property. Hope Sam is loving marching band as I know she is keeping you busy! See you soon my friend!

Deena - I am so sorry to hear you have been so sick and in so much pain I really hope you start feeling better soon, maybe a trip to the specialist is much needed before your cruise. Definitely a bummer about the Dream, but I think the Magic will be great! I keep seeing all sorts of videos of the re-imagined Magic, I even thought about looking into a quick cruise, maybe I will look into those FL rates. Cant wait to hear what you think of it!!!

Step - sorry to hear about all of the parents, sounds like they are at least on the right road for now. I totally feel you on the college tuition bills, they stink But so HAPPY you are planning a trip again!

Candace - when I look back on what we spent on our two most recent cruises I And then I guess since we weren't cruising last year I felt the need to spend $$$$ at Disney We have incredible memories and will do it again, but for now I am making my pennies go a little further and staying away from the deluxes, even though it is KILLING ME!

Miss - not sure how I havent commented to you yet! Hope you had an amazing bday! The cake you ordered sounds perfect Before Sarah got so sick this week I was thinking about trying to convince David to go up for the weekend but now there is no way You are soooo close, I am so excited for you Oh and SNOW HOLY CRAP!!!!

Wookie - I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending you a much needed and belated

Shelia - thank you for the well wishes for Sarah. Also just wanted to let you know that our weather is FINALLY supposed to "cool" down a bit this weekend. I think that will help to take the rest of the humidity out of the air and hopefully keep temps a little more comfortable.

MAGIC - my head is spinning, but sounds like an AMAZING bday weekend!!!!

i_heart - glad you got it all rescheuled and were even able to change the party tix, that is awesome! But again, so sorry the kiddos are so sick Try to get some rest and hang in there

Jeanette - I am pretty sure I made it through most of the pages and didn't comment on any of your posts Ill just catch up with you today

Dani - um yeah, you mentioned GF some where pages ago, hmmm, we will see. I dont know if I am feeling that for you and Danimal

Big HELLOs to Lacey, Trish, SueM, Heather and everyone else I missed, which I am sure there are many

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #150
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Jeanette Always some expense popping up, especially with so many little ones

Miss After you asked I took a glance at the weather and my days are all showing 78-79 and 2 days with showers but we all know how the weather in Florida fluctuates.

i_heart Love the new ticker! Glad you were able to change your party tickets

I checked all my meds to see if I will need to refil any before I leave and called to confirm Bella's boarding reservation.

I was bad and cancelled a Dr Appt I had for today but in my defense I have one for my yearly physical with the same Dr 5 days after we get back. Today's Appt was just a follow up and to get my flu shot. Thinking about just going to CVS for the flu shot since I have a card Aetna sent me for it so should be easy peasy in and out I hope

It is so raw and cold here today, cloudy and grey and only in the low 50's feels like Winter out and I just turned up the heat. Brrrrrrrr

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: