Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
mousehunter3
Mouseketeer

Laundry

Are there laundry facilities at all of the resorts? We are staying at AS Music. How much do they cost? And BYO laundry soap is what I understand due to the cost of the ones at the resorts. I'm hoping to stay away from laundry for the week, but good to know that this is available as I am experiencing packing anxiety.

Last edited by mousehunter3; 10-18-2013 at 01:06 PM.
mousehunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Yes, all resorts have laundry facilities. Most of them are adjacent to a pool.

The cost is $2 per wash and $2 per dry cycle. The dry cycle is around 20 minutes. We always bring a couple travel sized detergent packets.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

The cost is $2 per wash and $2 per dry cycle. The dry cycle is around 20 minutes. We always bring a couple travel sized detergent packets.
Same here.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

I've seen the $2 price for the dryers but $2 for a dry cycle of 20 minutes?!?! Eek! Im hoping the dryers are super efficient lol! Anyway, for an average load, it'll be $4-$6 for the dryer. Meaning, I'm looking at $8 a load worse case scenario. Thanks for posting this! It's good to know now rather than finding out upon arrival.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
I've seen the $2 price for the dryers but $2 for a dry cycle of 20 minutes?!?! Eek! Im hoping the dryers are super efficient lol! Anyway, for an average load, it'll be $4-$6 for the dryer. Meaning, I'm looking at $8 a load worse case scenario. Thanks for posting this! It's good to know now rather than finding out upon arrival.
I've done laundry at CBR and All Star Sports and at both I only needed 1 dryer cycle.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehunter3 View Post
Are their laundry facilities at all of the resorts? We are staying at AS Music. How much do they cost? And BYO laundry soap is what I understand due to the cost of the ones at the resorts. I'm hoping to stay away from laundry for the week, but good to know that this is available as I am experiencing packing anxiety.
All of the resorts have facilities. I think most are right by the pols so you can relax around the pool or swim while doing it. I'm not sure if that is the case at AS Music as we have never stayed there.

It's $2 for each wash or dry cycle. The detergent is $1 and we used one box for 3 loads of laundry. We did ours while swimming one night half way through and will be packing half normal next time as this makes it so much easier.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

I don't mean to hijack the thread but was wondering if there are change machines in the laundry rooms or should I bring my own? Thanks!

Me(43) DH(47) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduhaimes View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread but was wondering if there are change machines in the laundry rooms or should I bring my own? Thanks!
I did not see a change machine at CBR or Sports.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
whatisgoofy?
Mouseketeer

We were in ASMu last week, and there were change machines in both laundry rooms (located at each pool...the Piano Pool laundry room is in the giant cassette deck, and the Calypso laundry room is in the green building close to Melody Hall). For the four of us, we did about four days worth of laundry (half our trip) in three washers and dryers. We did let a few items come out of the dryer damp (but not bad) to dry in the room. We did laundry during a pool break, and it really made packing/air travel easier (read: less luggage). We brought some Purex detergent pods from home, which were easy to pack.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
BarbieSmith
Mouseketeer

Do consider bringing a few of the Purex laundry sheets. They are like dryer sheets, but have dry detergent in them. A few sheets in your suitcase will weigh a mere grams. These are especially useful when flying (have to keep within weight restrictions)!
BarbieSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

You can get change in the main lobby concierge if the laundry room change machine is empty. I saw a picture the other day of laundry at (maybe?) Contemporary. The wash/dry machines and soap supply machine only took the KTTW card -- no money. Of course, with Magic Bands, that might change again.

Last time we stayed at ASMo, and it took change. Previous to that we were at POR and POFQ, and those laundry rooms took change. What was nice was the laundry rooms were right next to the pool, so we relaxed on a chaise lounge with a book while waiting for the laundry. The dryer dried our clothing in one cycle every time. Just don't stuff it ridiculously full.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduhaimes View Post
Art of Animation had a change machine. And, the laundry room was usually packed there, at least at the Nemo pool. As a result, there were issues with people taking 3 washers, and not coming back when it was done. This left people just standing there waiting. They do not have those wheely basket things, so there was no way to really empty their machines. (this was in late Sept)

I had to use it 2X. I was glad my magic band worked to open the door, too. Nice.

It was cheaper than a regular laundromat here in NJ, at least.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: