Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
Mizzgolitely
Mouseketeer

Hoop de doo with a vegetarian?

I really wanna make ADR for hoop de doo however my niece is a vegetarian - do they accommodate for that?
Mizzgolitely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Yes; just note it on your reservation and the chef will come talk to you when you get there about an alternative entree. When I went, I had grilled vegetables and they were delicious.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Scotch
DIS Veteran

My 9 year old recently became a pescatarian, so I'm scrambling around making changes to my December dining plans as some of the places I had planned (like Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner) have limited options for him. I've got a Hoop Dee Doo reservation that I really don't want to cancel -- as I've wanted to see that for years -- but I called and the Dining Reservation lady was not helpful. She couldn't tell me what the current vegetarian options were. From online posts I've seen folks mention the veggie platter and pasta with marinara sauce; I've also seen some older posts mention fish options. Fish would be our first choice; and I'd appreciate hearing from folks who have eaten there this year: was fish an option?
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
tallen429
DIS Veteran

For dinner shows you need to let them know 24 hours in advance about menu requests. Just a heads up.
Have fun!!

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Thanks for that info; the lady on the phone didn't mention it! She actually told me that they don't even denote vegetarian on the reservation; she said we just need to tell the host/ess when we check in. Clearly I need to call back and talk to someone else.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
Thanks for that info; the lady on the phone didn't mention it! She actually told me that they don't even denote vegetarian on the reservation; she said we just need to tell the host/ess when we check in. Clearly I need to call back and talk to someone else.
With most restaurants you do not need to let them know in advance, it's only for dinner shows.

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
DCDisney
On my way...

You don't need to call in advance for vegetarian food. They always have the pasta and veggies available. They share a kitchen with Trails End so they have a good bit of flexibility BUT they are also super busy so they seem to try and keep things streamlined. Trail's End does have fish on the buffet, usually fried catfish when we've gone there, so it's theoretically possible if you ask very very nicely and have a willing server.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: