Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Just back from a week of....

Just back from a week of WONDERFUL dining experiences!!! I did not have one bad meal... I will try and post reviews but I have to say I was very very impressed!!! The thing that impressed me the most was the level of counter service restaurants they were fantastic!

I ate at:

Counter Service:
Wolfgang Puck Express (Lunch and Breakfast)
Flame Tree BBQ
Landscape of Flavors
Contempo Cafe
Be Our Guest
Pecos Bill's

Table Service:
California Grill
Flying Fish Cafe
The Wave
Jiko
Bluezoo
Shula's

Food and Wine Festival x2 days

I again will try to post reviews but if you have any questions let me know

Last edited by WDWFANCBIIIME; 09-30-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Forgot The Wave
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Mikka
Mouseketeer

How was the food you had at Cali Grill? It's been getting some mixed reviews, and I'm heading there in a few days. Was there anything you had that was very yummy or kind of, er, awful?
Mikka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikka View Post
How was the food you had at Cali Grill? It's been getting some mixed reviews, and I'm heading there in a few days. Was there anything you had that was very yummy or kind of, er, awful?
Overall this was the best meal that I have ever had honestly incredible!!! Ask for Dawn she was a great waitress...

The only think I had that was awful was the Duck Liver in the Duck in all its Glory... Just not for me... but I still LOVED the app...

The Filet and Risotto was out of this world good!!!

Overall this was the best meal that I have ever had honestly incredible!!!

Here is my quick two cents...

California Grill: Amazing new menu and the Views are even better!!! (I love the new observation deck) Restaurant is so much more beautiful than it used to be it really reminds me of the classic contemporary!!! Right now this has the most unique menu on Disney Property... I expect it to change because Disney seems to tone down new menus but for now it is a Foodies Paradise... The Duck in all its Glory is such a fun take on a charcuterie board... The Surf and Turf is very uniuqe the Bone Marrow is very creamy... Sushi is as fablous as ever... especailly the Spicy Kazan Roll (arguably the best app on WDW property)... I love the idea of the Pork Sushi its a really great way to get people to try Sushi... The Filet is INCREDIBLE and the Rissoto rivals Le Celliers as the best on property!!! All of the desserts are great honestly this restaurant is simply AMAZING!!!

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post

Overall this was the best meal that I have ever had honestly incredible!!! Ask for Dawn she was a great waitress...

The only think I had that was awful was the Duck Liver in the Duck in all its Glory... Just not for me... but I still LOVED the app...

The Filet and Risotto was out of this world good!!!

Overall this was the best meal that I have ever had honestly incredible!!!

Here is my quick two cents...

California Grill: Amazing new menu and the Views are even better!!! (I love the new observation deck) Restaurant is so much more beautiful than it used to be it really reminds me of the classic contemporary!!! Right now this has the most unique menu on Disney Property... I expect it to change because Disney seems to tone down new menus but for now it is a Foodies Paradise... The Duck in all its Glory is such a fun take on a charcuterie board... The Surf and Turf is very uniuqe the Bone Marrow is very creamy... Sushi is as fablous as ever... especailly the Spicy Kazan Roll (arguably the best app on WDW property)... I love the idea of the Pork Sushi its a really great way to get people to try Sushi... The Filet is INCREDIBLE and the Rissoto rivals Le Celliers as the best on property!!! All of the desserts are great honestly this restaurant is simply AMAZING!!!

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!!!
Is there anything on the filet itself? I'm so picky and LOVED the filet last Nov. just worried about what's on it now, read something about tomatoes? Thanks!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Is there anything on the filet itself? I'm so picky and LOVED the filet last Nov. just worried about what's on it now, read something about tomatoes? Thanks!
Yes it does have tomatoes this is the description... Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Marinted Baby Vine Tomatoes, Petite Basil, Tomato Butter

Here is a photo If you do not like Tomatoes than I would not recommend this dish to be honest...

Old 09-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
mrsap

Quote:

Yes it does have tomatoes this is the description... Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Marinted Baby Vine Tomatoes, Petite Basil, Tomato Butter

Here is a photo If you do not like Tomatoes than I would not recommend this dish to be honest...
Thanks so much! I have been trying to find a picture!! I am one of those who judge by looks, not taste. Totally wouldn't order based on the picture! But I do remember their filet was one of the best I have had, so I could always ask for the risotto on the side and only salt and pepper on steak. I wish they kept the old one thanks again for all your help!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

How was Landscape of Flavors?

We'll be eating breakfast & dinner there and i've heard the food is pretty good! I always love the food courts - such a good variety of food!

Dislover1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Please do reviews, your table service meals are all of our favorites and one we're anxious to try next month!

Curious about Shula's, that's the one we've never been to!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Thanks so much! I have been trying to find a picture!! I am one of those who judge by looks, not taste. Totally wouldn't order based on the picture! But I do remember their filet was one of the best I have had, so I could always ask for the risotto on the side and only salt and pepper on steak. I wish they kept the old one thanks again for all your help!!!
No trouble to be honest I like it a LOT more than the old one but the Risotto really made the dish... If you like pork the Pork two ways was also very good!

The Pork Tenderloin with the applesauce was outstanding!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That looks fabulous!

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
That looks fabulous!
It really was outstanding!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I do hope you post reviews on the dining review board! Your past reviews were fantastic!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Glad you had a great trip! How was Flying Fish and Jiko?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #14
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I do hope you post reviews on the dining review board! Your past reviews were fantastic!
I will agree. You have a knack for it.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Quote:
I will agree. You have a knack for it.
Aww thanks guys! I will try and post reviews for sure!!! I am writing for a blog too so I will post links to them at least

Quote:
Glad you had a great trip! How was Flying Fish and Jiko?
Both were outstanding! Last time at FF I really mis ordered so I was really tried to order what sounded the best and I did! I ordered the NY Strip with Mac and Cheese instead of the other sides and it was OUTSTANDING! The Mac and Cheese was titled "Fontina and Truffle-laced Trofie Mac n Cheese" so not really your average Mac and Cheese haha I had heard it was great and it didn't disappoint!

Jiko was as amazing as ever I think it is the most consistent restaurant on Disney property! The apps are always amazing (especially the flatbreads) and the Filet with Mac and Cheese is also fantastic! Its only downfall has been its desserts and they were outstanding this trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: