Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Rmbhenry
Earning My Ears

Christmas Day breakfast?

Where would you recommend for breakfast on Christmas Day? Currently we are booked at Ohana because we loved dinner there last year but wondering what others suggest. 1900 Park Fare is all booked.
Rmbhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
TwinkleKS
Mouseketeer

I'm guessing you will probably find everyplace booked on Christmas Day at this point ... but I could be wrong.

We are going to the Church service at the CR followed by a late breakfast / early lunch at Chef Mickeys.
TwinkleKS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Keep the Ohana. It's more relaxing than the character buffets as they bring the food to you while you are visiting with the characters.
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
xbatman
Mouseketeer

Location: Nittany Lion country, but then again, isn't everywhere Nittany Lion country?

We're going to WCC. We love WL at Christmas!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
Keep the Ohana. It's more relaxing than the character buffets as they bring the food to you while you are visiting with the characters.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
SunshinesOrangeBird
Earning My Ears

Ohana

Ohana is the greatest... Not only is it in the Polynesian my favorite, but has great food.

It is even greater because you can hop on the monorail loop which will take you to MK so much faster than the TTC.

However, here is a caution. If you plan on going into any park that day make sure your breakfast is taken early morning. Because if you get to MK or any other park, you might not be able to get it. If you really want to eat breakfast TS style look into park resaturants because the parks will turn people away around noon, because they will reach capacity.
SunshinesOrangeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
jaiminee krikit
Mouseketeer

Last year we did our first Disney at Christmas, but didn't book it until July. Originally I thought we would just do Christmas morning in the hotel so we could have a relaxing morning, but around this time last year, I changed my mind. Every place I wanted to go was booked, so I just did a search for anywhere with availability. The Grand Floridian Cafe popped up. I looked at their menu and decided we'll give it a shot. I am so glad that's where we went, it was perfect for a nice, quiet, relaxed breakfast, and the food and service were amazing! We arrived early for our ADR, but when we walked up I noticed the restaurant was half empty so I asked if we could be seated early. The hosts and hostesses were very friendly and accommodating, which was quite different than the experience we had at 1900 Park Fare earlier in the week. I ordered the vanilla-laced french toast, my husband the ham and cheese omelette, and our daughter the Mickey waffles. Everything was delicious. It never got busy, either. But I will tell you, the back exit for 1900 Park Fare is right by the washroom, and the door was open, and that place was a ZOO! And the cutest thing happened while we were there, these 2 grown men walked in to meet their family - in their footie pajamas! It was just another memory to add to our vacation, and makes me wish I'd not worried about getting dressed that morning!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

I was going to suggest 1900 Park Fare. Sorry to hear it's booked. Try Olivia's at Old Key West. In my opinion, it's a hidden gem. I last had breakfast there in April. My husband and I sat outside and enjoyed a fantastic meal.
Me
DH
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: