Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
RobbW
To Preserve and To Promote Our Dark Night Skies

Paying for another party's meal? Can this be done?

My wife and I booked our WDW trip back in April for us and our two DD. We made many ADRs and everything was good. One of our favorite restaurants that we eat at on every trip is Le Cellier. We went back and forth on whether we wanted dinner or lunch at Le Cellier, and inadvertently we ended up with both.

In July, we decided to surprise my sister and her family by inviting them along on the trip and paying for the whole thing. They have never been to WDW before or any real flying vacation. So, this is a big deal for them.

Well, after planning and changing around most of our ADRs for the additional four people, we had trouble getting our 4-person ressies changed to 8-person. So, DW and I decided to cancel the dinner ressie and go with lunch. Unfortunately, MDE won't let us cancel our dinner ressie online.

Anyway, what we have decided to do is watch my sister's children that night and let her and her husband have a much-needed date night. We want to give them the Le Cellier ressie and pay for it. They have NEVER had a really nice and/or expensive meal in their lives.

We want this to be a magical dinner for them. So, what I want to do is somehow either prepay for the meal or put my CC on account and tell Le Cellier to charge everything to my card. I want to tell my sister and BIL to order anything they want without reservations about prices.

Is there a way to do this? Would Le Cellier have menus without prices they could give them?
RobbW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

I don't think there is a way to do this. I would give them a gift card.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Give them YOUR room key and let them charge to it.
. . . the ressie is in your name
. . . as long as they don't say their name, eatery won't know
. . . when the bill comes, they can sign your name
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Axel
Introduce a Little Anarchy. 1979-2008
Pi a la ModeJack, I swear…

If you're staying on property, and since I'm assuming you're also paying for their room as you said you're paying for everything, then just have their room keys be cleared for charging privileges with your credit card as the card that would be charged. Then they can use THEIR room key to pay for the meal and it will still be on you and you avoid the possibility of a cast member figuring out that they're not who they say they are when trying to pay with your card (which could be considered fraud and could lead to trouble).
September 1996::WDW 25th Anniversary::Fort Wilderness\\October 1999::Millenium Celebration::FW\\November 2001::WDW 30th Anniversary and 100 Years of Magic::FW\\December 2004::Purchased DVC::FW\\ November 2005::WDL 50th Anniversary::Saratoga Springs Resort\\December 2006::Year of a Million Dreams::SSR\\August 2007::Pirate and Princess Party::Boardwalk\\November 2007::YoaMD::SSR\\February 2008::with Lissy::Villas at the Wilderness Lodge\\August 2008::with Nora::Old Key West\\December 2008::with Shianna::SSR\\February 2009::What Will You Celebrate?::Beach Club Villas\\January 2010::Un-Birthday:::Animal Kingdom Lodge\\May 2010::Dad's 65th/With Molly::OKW\\January 2011::Un-Birthday::Bay Lake Tower\May 2011::With Nora::BCV\\May 2012::One More Disney Day::OKW\\January 2013::Damon's First Trip::OKW\\March 2013::Spring Break with Sarah::OKW\\May 2013::College Grad!::VWL\\July 2014::ACTUAL BIRTHDAY TRIP!!!::Villas at the Grand Floridian\\October 2014::Food and Wine Festival::OKW\\December 2014::Christmas with Dan and LouAnn::OKW\

You must always remember to smile.

restaurants eaten at: 143/251
my blog
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
penlanspice
Addicted 2 disney

You could call the restaurant and ask to speak to the manager and find out if they could help, personally I would give them my room key and just have them say it's theirs the restaurant staff won't question it.

Also just wanted to say thats a really nice thing your doing.

Our Dream Disney Wedding - September 19th 2006
WP-WH Room-Living seas - UK Lower
penlanspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
scootert
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say .... what a great brother you are!! Hope all of you have a wonderful trip

Last edited by scootert; 10-20-2013 at 05:18 PM.
scootert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
BenbowInn
Mouseketeer

If you get tired of your sister you can trade her in and I will take her place. :-)
BenbowInn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
GoofyRob
A Kid At Heart

Paying for the Dinner of others!

You r a good brother. I was able to pay for my immediate family's dinner at the Yachtsman steak house in Sept. My dw and I weren't along on this trip but we wanted to surprise them by picking up the tab. We called the Yachtsman and gave them the ADR # and a credit card and it was taken care of.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

That is incredibly generous of you and what a great example you are showing for your own children. I hope you all have a fantastic trip.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
RobbW
To Preserve and To Promote Our Dark Night Skies

Thank you all for the kind words. <<blush>> It is something I have wanted to do for a long time. My way of paying it forward. My family (brothers and sister) and I had a tough childhood. By happenstance and good life decisions, I pulled myself up by getting a good education and marrying a great, supportive, loving woman. It has been a life goal of mine to be able to do nice things for my family. Now that I'm in a financial position to do so, I want to share some of life's joys that I have been very lucky and ever grateful to experience. I'm hopeful I will be able to do something nice like this for each of them in turn.

Anyway, I decided to just pick up a gift card for them while we were shopping at Mouse Gears at Epcot tonight. It should be more than enough for them to have a memorable dinner!
RobbW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

That is very, very sweet of you.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise șoș '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: