Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
Holluvstmcgraw
Earning My Ears

Chef Mickey's WWYD

Hi DIS'ers. I have a res for CM's for breakfast and dinner at this point. Which should I keep? I have heard really mixed things about CM. My kids are little...so we're def going and I have no ideas of grandeur for food choices. We haven't been before and we will be on the DDP. Dinner is a better "value" for the DDP but IDK if the food is better at breakfast and worth it to forgo value.

TIA!
Holluvstmcgraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
jimandami
DIS Veteran

We have done both and found both to be fairly mediocre, but breakfast was a better quality IMHO. I would do an early breakfast if possible, though, because we booked one for 10:30 and we waited a good 30 min to be seated. I understand they cannot control how long each family stays and it can take a while to see all the characters. But, I would either do early breakfast or early dinner to avoid backups as much as possible. Even though DH and I found the food to be mediocre, our children still love the place so we keep going
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holluvstmcgraw View Post
Hi DIS'ers. I have a res for CM's for breakfast and dinner at this point. Which should I keep? I have heard really mixed things about CM. My kids are little...so we're def going and I have no ideas of grandeur for food choices. We haven't been before and we will be on the DDP. Dinner is a better "value" for the DDP but IDK if the food is better at breakfast and worth it to forgo value.

TIA!
You will get many different opinions, but we have been to Chef Mickeys many times for both breakfast and dinner and we have yet to have a bad experience at either meal.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed dinner (haven't done breakfast). I had a Caesar salad, crab claws, prime rib/roast beef, parmesean mashed potatoes, some lobster pasta, and a sampling of desserts. We found the food to be good. When paying out of pocket it isn't worth the money just for the food, but having my toddler talk about Mickey making him dinner daily for a month is enough justification for me. Personally I would go with whatever meal suits your schedule best as I am sure that you would enjoy either.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
kimber11
Kimberley

We have had breakfast there twice, once when our twins were 4 and another time when they were 5 and we absolutely loved it both times. It was our favourite character meal of the whole trip both times. The breakfast food was all super yummy and you definitely can't go wrong taking your kids there.
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We would look at which would fit into our touring plans the best. We like to be at rope drop so an 9is ARD for breakfast is not going to work for us. A 11:00 ARD for a late brunch after a day in the MK would work for us. Likewise if we have been at MK all day and can just walk over to dinner at 5 or 6 that works great. On the other hand, if we are back at the resort, or at another park, we have no desire to bus it over to CM just to eat. We really plan meals as much by where we are and what we want to do that days as anything else.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Iv never done dinner at cm but some I have talked to said it was really good. I have done a character breakfast at cm and was not very impressed on the food quality. My favorites are Crystal Palace and Ohanas at the Polynesian.

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

I've done both and much prefer the bfast for sure! We were just there in dec and still agree with that

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
ppjluvsdvc
Mouseketeer

I would go for Breakfast. I am not a fan of buffets for dinner. Breakfast has been good every time. They do constantly refill things.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #10
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Another vote for breakfast. We've done both breakfast and dinner and to us, the food at breakfast was better. As a PP mentioned, try for an early ADR for breakfast.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #11
kiramay
Mouseketeer

We enjoyed dinner. We don't eat much breakfast, so would have been a waste of money for us. But we got an early dinner reservation (opening), had fresh food, and enjoyed rating before it got crowded.

Disney and I have a great history, thanks to my parents. Now I get to share it with my family!
Trip#1 12/27/12-01/03/13, POR
Trip#2 October 2014, POR
Trip#3 WDW Half Marathon 2015

kiramay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

We've done both. Dinner was okay, but breakfast was really good. We are doing breakfast again this trip we liked it so much.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #13
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

I agree with pp who said go when it fits your schedule best. CM will not be a meal you rave to the world about, unless it is due to your character experience, and they are the same AM and PM. However, you will receive edible food and as much of it as you can consume, so it serves it's purpose and you get to see the fab five.

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #14
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

We've eaten both dinner and breakfast there. Breakfast was good, but dinner was horrible and we're not picky. Without any input from my husband or me, both of my girls said they preferred breakfast as well. The atmosphere is lots of fun and the character interaction was good both times.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #15
disneygrandma
Mickey Fan

We like to get a late breakfast ADR time, and treat it more like lunch. That gives us enough time to do some things in the park early, and then head over to CM.
disneygrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: