Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
faylynn24
DIS Veteran

Summer time

When is the best time to go to disney in the summer? Any months off anything special ? Better deals?
faylynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

We've found that the middle to end of August works best for us. We've been able to get free dining or a room discount several times. The parks are also less crowded compared to July.
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faylynn24 View Post
When is the best time to go to disney in the summer? Any months off anything special ? Better deals?
The end of August and September. Florida kids are back in school. Lots of discounts

Negatives: It's hot, lots of thunderstorms and hurricane season
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If summer time starts for your family in May then you will avoid the crowds of summer and the pressing heat.
As OP said - mid to late August you can find deals but still will be very warm. Since we can't take the kiddos out of school anymore that is what we're looking at for our next trip.

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
faylynn24
DIS Veteran

Yes we are only picking summer bc of our kids in school so end of aug and sept are not possible. I know it will be more then if we go in dec ect but just didnt know if any month in the summer was better then the other for month of aug we would have to go before the 15th.
faylynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

Summer is busy and hot no matter when you go. We are probably in the minority but prefer summer to lower crowd times. We went in September for the first time this year and although we had a great trip we found that we enjoy summer better. We normally go in July to celebrate our anniversary. Even with the heat and the crowds what we love about summer is the extended park hours (we are big evening EMH people or until park closing people) and a plus is that they normally don't schedule big refurbs during summer since it is peak time so basically all attractions are running. They normally do have codes for summer discounts, I am not sure on the dates its valid for but I know we have applied that to our trip before.

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas
July 2014: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

We're lucky that our kids don't start school until first week of September. We've always gone the last week of August and it's been great. We usually end up coming home on Sat or Sun of Labor Day Weekend. Super HOT, but crowds are much, much less than what I hear about at other times. We've always gotten free dining (either public or PIN) so that's definitely a huge savings for our family of four "adults".

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Early June or mid to late August. August usually has the better deals and is a little less crowded
Old 10-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Late August, usually around the 20th somewhere they have FD, not sure if they will have it this year. They have in the past. Crowds are usually starting to thin out late August as well.

Last summer they did do a room discount for most of the weeks that was not offered in the past from what I remember.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

I actually was surprised a few years ago when I went the first week of June. The crowds were only starting to pick up and it was not as hot yet as I have found July and August. I had a great AP discount so I do not remember what other offers might be out then.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

We've been in August now 2 years in a row (between 2nd & 3rd week) and we don't find it bad at all. Crowds aren't too bad and while it is very HOT, we didn't find it as bad as some have described it (but we are no longer park commandos and take the mid-day breaks). Now, I will be the first to say that I, personally, would NEVER go back the first week in July EVER again, not so much because of the heat, but we found the crowds to be INSANE - yet, some folks LOVE that time of year.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

We will be arriving in the World on June 19th - after spending a few days with Harry @ Universal - We have been all different times of the year (August, Sept, Oct, Dec, Feb and the past few years the end of May into the very first part of June). But our days of kiddos missing school are over so that week in June is the earliest we can go. I am not the least bit worried about the heat...we have been when it is freezing and when it is hotter than the surface of the sun - We will always choose HOT - Having never been during the full swing of summer vacay, I am worried about the crowds. - but we are staying at a fabulous resort, so worse case - we will spend more of the day by the pool and hit the Parks early morning and after dinner - doesn't sound terrible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: