Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #76
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - More MNSSHP!

Day 2 - More MNSSHP!

We got to Main Street and found a great spot to watch. Celebrate the Magic was so cool and Hallowishes was stunning We were all blown away by how awesome it was! We were even able to get some PP during it too!

wdw201328011153029_6858518337 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

289 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011155397_6858477587 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

309 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

313 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

318 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After that, we headed over to Liberty Square to find a spot for the parade. We found a great spot across from Hall of Presidents, in front of the Christmas Shoppe. Mom and Dad held our spot while I ran over to the pin store in Frontierland to grab the Halloween Party pins and another mystery pin box. This time I finally got character ones! I tried to buy some water and popcorn from the popcorn cart in Liberty Square. The line was long and I waited about 10 minutes without even moving so I gave up (Good thing for those Monsters Inc gummies ).

After some waiting, the headless horseman came riding down (so cool!) and the parade started shortly after. Now prepare for parade picture overload!

325 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

327 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

330 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

333 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

334 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

358 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

370 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

376 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

380 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

382 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I loved it so much!! At the end of the parade when they give out candy we ended up getting SO many lollipops too!

Once the parade was over, we headed back towards the castle. We stopped at Sleepy Hollow to grab something to drink and my dad decided to sit at a table and wait for us while we attended the last Villain show of the night. My goal was to meet Maleficent at this show. When we got there, there was already a small line forming for her, so we stood in line as well and watched the show from there. I was so happy to be seeing the show yet again! Once it was over the line moved quickly and we finally met Maleficent! Ahh she was perfect and the meet was exactly what I hoped it would be!

wdw201328011170188_6863410383 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Mom really wanted to meet Dr. Facilier (and of course I wanted to too!) so we hopped in his line and hoped we'd have time to meet him before he left. The coordinator said they'd only be out for 2 more minutes and the family that was currently with him was taking forever, but luckily they finished and everyone moved quickly enough so we got to meet him! He was awesome

387 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We grabbed dad and decided to call it a night. We were all really tired from such a long day. Of course we got our Peeps before heading to the bus stop! I don't think we waited too long for a bus and we all pretty much passed out once we got to the hotel. I guess 15 hours at MK will do that to you I was super pleased with my first MNSSHP (and our first day in the parks!) and the fact that I got everything I wanted to do that night accomplished!

List of Firsts for the day:
-Watched the Welcome Show
-Met Fairy Godmother and Peter & Wendy
-Watched Dream Along with Mickey
-Ate Lunch at BOG
-Rode Barnstormer
-Attended MNSSHP and experienced the exclusives that came along with it!

Up next: Epcot!
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #77
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I loved Hallowishes too!

Great pictures of the parade. I especially like the one of Pluto!

I wish we would have had time to meet more of the villians. We only made it to one show and it was jam packed.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #78
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Man, y'all certainly have gotten a lot accomplished at the party so far! Pretty impressive that you were able to meet 3 villains after the show too. That was one of the things on my list that we just didn't end up having time to do, but we still had a great party. Lucky you that you still had another one to look forward to!

Your Ursula shirt was perfect for the party too. Great choice!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #79
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I know, isn't Hallowishes amazing???? Especially for those who've never seen the perimeter fireworks before. So cool. And you got photos with the fireworks going off!!!!! Super cool!!!

Boo To You is easily my favourite parade ever, Disney or otherwise. So good!

I loved meeting Maleficent too. I never got to meet Dr. Facilier though, but he has to be one of the neatest characters to meet. He's HUGE!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #80
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Another great update - sounds like a really fun party for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post

387 by missangelalexis, on Flickr
I love how even the way he positions his feet makes him look more evil

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #81
JessM
We all have a dream

I love all your pictures!

I NEED to see that parade. Everyone always talks about how awesome it is. 2014 or 2015 it is happening, I'm determined haha!

Malificient looks great! I'm glad the meet was awesome!

Faciliter looks super creepy with those long fingers. Too cool!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #82
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #83
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I loved Hallowishes too!

Great pictures of the parade. I especially like the one of Pluto!

I wish we would have had time to meet more of the villians. We only made it to one show and it was jam packed.
Thank you!

I'm sorry I think we were really lucky that night. I saw on our second night how crazy it could get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Man, y'all certainly have gotten a lot accomplished at the party so far! Pretty impressive that you were able to meet 3 villains after the show too. That was one of the things on my list that we just didn't end up having time to do, but we still had a great party. Lucky you that you still had another one to look forward to!

Your Ursula shirt was perfect for the party too. Great choice!
I'm sorry it's not something you got to do Time really does go by super fast during the party! And thank you, there's another villain shirt to come during the second party

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
I know, isn't Hallowishes amazing???? Especially for those who've never seen the perimeter fireworks before. So cool. And you got photos with the fireworks going off!!!!! Super cool!!!

Boo To You is easily my favourite parade ever, Disney or otherwise. So good!

I loved meeting Maleficent too. I never got to meet Dr. Facilier though, but he has to be one of the neatest characters to meet. He's HUGE!!
SO amazing! And I agree, Boo To You is probably my favorite parade too!

Dr. Facilier was so huge and his hands were super creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Another great update - sounds like a really fun party for you!

I love how even the way he positions his feet makes him look more evil
Thank you! Yes, everything about Dr. Facilier is evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
I love all your pictures!

I NEED to see that parade. Everyone always talks about how awesome it is. 2014 or 2015 it is happening, I'm determined haha!

Malificient looks great! I'm glad the meet was awesome!

Faciliter looks super creepy with those long fingers. Too cool!
Thank you! I really hope you get to go one year, it's such a fun experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thanks!

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
Old 11-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #84
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Epcot

Day 3 - Epcot

Despite our long night prior, we were still up bright and early today to head to Epcot! We got to the park around 8:30 and waited in line until the turnstiles opened around 8:55.

388 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We headed straight to The Land to ride Soarin standby.

389 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I'm such a fan of this ride and I knew Mom & Dad would love it too. And did they? Yes they did! When we got off we grabbed FP to ride again later and headed over to the other side of the park to grab Test Track FPs. Along the way we spotted Chip & Dale out! The line wasn't too long but I was focused on getting those FPs as I noticed the return times were getting pretty far out. Mom & Dad wanted to meet Chip & Dale and since I already met them on my last trip, I told them to get in line while I went ahead and got the FPs.

358 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We met back up and rode Mission Space (Green side). This ride is fun but it's definitely a "can miss" for me. once we got off we checked out the Festival Center for a few minutes. I bought one of the F&W pins and also fell in love this guy:

365 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We then headed back to the front of the park to grab some PP photos since I rushed us straight to the land when we got into the park

wdw201328011205879_6858477501 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011205938_6858477589 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011207653_6858477604 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were going to ride Spaceship Earth but the line was wayyy too long. Instead we spotted Pluto meeting so we got in line to meet him! We waited about 15-20 minutes before we got to meet the lovable pup I actually didn't meet him on my last trip so I was excited!

wdw201328011216364_6858477513 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After meeting Pluto we decided to go on the Nemo ride and check out the Seas pavillion. I really love all the tanks they have and next time I go to Disney I vow to spend some more time checking them out!

2013-10-07 11.29.10 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

2013-10-07 11.29.15 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

2013-10-07 11.30.42 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were starting to get hungry so we decided to head over to WS to start checking out some of the booths. I'm just going to say it now, I was a terrible DISer and didn't take ANY food pictures

We started out by going to the right! Mom & Dad decided to try one of the beer flights at the Craft Beers stand. While they grabbed a table, I went ahead and got 2 of the pork sliders at Hawaii and the Fried Shrimp & Fried Pineapple Fritters at Refreshment Port. I brought everything back so we could share. WOW I loved the pork sliders...I'm still dreaming about them! The fried shrimp was also delicious, very fresh and they gave you a TON of food. The pineapple fritters were a nice way to end our first of many snacks of the day! Once we finished I figured it would be a good time to meet Duffy since the line didn't seem to long. Well we waited and the skies got darker...and darker...

410 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We were I think 2 families back when the skies started to open up. They brought Duffy inside for his break, but said he wouldn't be back until the rain died down. We ran over to the shop across from his meet and waited in there for a little while. The rain was not letting up at all and I really didn't want it to stop us from doing anything. Of course we packed some cheap ponchos but did we remember to bring them with us that day? NO! So we bit the bullet and bought 3 lovely Disney ponchos We put them on and decided to trek over to the Land. I also thought today would be a good day to wear flip flops. I bought a pair of Nikes that seemed really comfortable for Disney walking. BAD.IDEA. I basically had to walk like a Grandma the entire way and to prevent them from falling off I started walking really funny. This ended up causing some SERIOUS foot pain that took a few days to recover from :-/ We made it to Mousegears, where I decided we should head into so I could rest my feet for a second and just get out of the rain. We walked in, soaking wet in our ponchos, when a woman asked us "Oh, is it still raining?". Um lady what do YOU think!? We were not amused We looked around for a little before deciding to trek back out there. We stopped in Club Cool to try some sodas from around the world! I didn't warn my parents about Beverly and while I was distracted by something Mom went right ahead and poured herself some and tried it before I even got to take a picture of it! Obviously she did not like it After quenching our thirst we finally made it to the Land. We still had some time before our Soarin FP so we went on Living With The Land, which is a totally underrated ride! It was nice to sit down and just enjoy the relaxing ride After that it was time to use our Soarin FPs!! I have to say, the 2nd ride was even better than the first! For some reason during our first ride I didn't get all the smells (which is one of my favorite parts) and this time I totally did!

When we got off Soarin the rain had stopped (Yippie!!) and we headed over to Innoventions to check out the Visa M&G. There were a few families ahead of us but it didn't take too long to get in. Who did we get to meet? Minnie & Pluto!!

wdw201328011281256_6858477598 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

wdw201328011281258_6858477600 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

More Epcot to come!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #85
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a really nice morning at Epcot minus the rain. I'm so jealous that you got to meet Pluto twice! I really need to get a photo with him at his new Epcot spot because I love the mural in the background.

All your talk about the Food & Wine festival is making my mouth water! I want a plate of the Beef Short Ribs from France right now!

I've done the Visa meet twice now, first time we just got Mickey and this last trip it was Goofy and Mickey.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #86
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

looks like the Halloween party was a lot of fun! my DD loved the pictures of all the villians--especially maleficent! I don't know why she likes her so much, but she does.

you did a lot so far at epcot! can't wait to read more!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #87
JessM
We all have a dream

Sounds like an awesome morning! Minus getting rained on : (

I love Soarin too, its just perfect!

I love that your parents love to meet characters! Mine humor me but that's about it

That duffy is so cute! I might end up taking Santa Duffy home next month...

I love the Seas too. Its especially awesome when the dolphins are feeling playful!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #88
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Aw that sucks about the rain! I know exactly what you mean about the rain causing you to walk funning in your flip flops and that causing you pain in the future! That has happened to me many times before. I hope it didn't affect the rest of your trip too much. I'm loving your meet and greet photos!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #89
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Ahh Soarin'. My father STILL talks about this and he's only ridden it once... 4 years ago.

I absolutely LOVE that your folks wanted to meet Chip and Dale and sent YOU to get FP's. Usually it's the other way around. So cool!

Yes I totally sympathize with your flip flop dilemma. Not easy to walk in when it's raining.

I often wonder how many people have ridden Soarin' without even knowing about the smells. Back in the day it was guaranteed, but now it's pretty hit and miss.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #90
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your Epcot adventure!

I was a big fan of the slider too and the fritters! I wish now that I had tried the shrimp!

Drat now I am hungry.

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: