Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
pinoke
Mouseketeer

Most comfortable resort for sleeping??

We just returned from a split stay at some dvc villas, and while we love the extra space in a studio- the sofa beds aren't good
We may return for a quick trip again this year and would prefer to try a place with 2 beds- preferably one without a yucky bedspread ( LOVED the triple sheeting at Bay Lake). We also need a quiet room....Have never stayed at values and only POR years ago, but would love to do a cheap trip so anything is possible. Don't care about location as we actually won't be doing many park days...
Are values noisy? Beds good?
Swan/Dolphin beds as good as they sound?

Just looking for a clean place to get a good night's sleep!
pinoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Swan/Dolphin beds are wonderful!!! The beds at most of Disney deluxe resorts seem about the same to me. They are fine, but not exceptional. I do like the beds in the CR, but it's been a while since I stayed here. I'm going again in 3 weeks, so I will be able to answer better as to the beds in a months time. I agree about the sofa beds - I like to sleep on a real bed and we need at least 2, so the DVC studio are useless to us.

If looking for quiet rooms with good value and lots of comfortable sleeping the CR GW GV rooms are great. They have the same room layout/beds as the tower while having some very peaceful views and quiet rooms. The quietest are the third floor, but those do not have a balcony if that matters to you. If going in a really hot or dicey weather time of year these rooms are very convenient and comfortable.

If looking for good beds at a reasonable price and more seclusion I would consider the AKL in luxury. The AKL savanna views are great! With just animals outside your balcony, it is very peaceful and fun to watch the animals walking around outside your room! Another resort that is secluded and peaceful is the WL. It is quite comfortable and peaceful while still near the MK if you like that area.

The best moderate beds, IMO, are in CSR. The most secluded rooms are in the Ranchos, but they are a good hike from the main building. I would request a preferred room or book a room in the business building (9A) and ask for top floor. Views of the lake and the resort are so peaceful!! If not booking a preferred/business, we like building 4 in Casitas. It's near everything but not TOO close.

Personally, I don't find the value beds to be quite as comfortable, although they are good enough. Also, the pace at value resorts seems very upbeat and lively, sometimes to the point of hectic. Inside the rooms are quiet enough though, so if you opt to stay here, I would recommend POP as the best choice. I like rooms overlooking the lake, if you can get it.

Good luck!
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Personally, I think CR has the best beds on property. I could just spend an entire week in bed sleeping!

However, I have stayed at most of the resorts and I haven't really had a bad bed yet. Keep in mind that the value resorts have doubles instead of queens, so if you're sharing that is less room.

If you like the studio concept, but want two real beds, give a thought to Old Key West. They have a second regular bed instead of a sofa bed, but you still have the kitchenette. Just a thought.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

The quietest resort for sleeping would probably be the WL villas. It's like a library in there! Even their quiet pool is quiet.
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Speaking only for where I have stayed, I've found consistently great sleep at CSR (NOT pool view) and CBR.

The worst was AoA.

As far as values and quiet, I prefer ASMusic, TOP floor, again NOT facing a pool.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
pinoke
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses-
I have heard/read that in a value, you can hear all of the neighbors noise...? We are an early to bed, early to rise family and I'm a little worried about large group noise etc. at values.
pinoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoke View Post
Thanks for the responses-
I have heard/read that in a value, you can hear all of the neighbors noise...? We are an early to bed, early to rise family and I'm a little worried about large group noise etc. at values.
We are an early to bed, early to rise family and have been just fine at Pop the last 2 trips. Room location definitely makes a difference!

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

It's been awhile since we stayed there but I agree with a pp. okw sounds like it may be your place. We have only been on points so I can't speak to cost but there are two beds and they are comfy. I think of it as a very quiet resort and its a good place to sleep.

2015 June 6 days akv- club level March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 3 days Grand Floridian Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
SwanVT2
Mouseketeer

another vote for the Swan-truly heavenly beds
SwanVT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

CSR I was out like a light in those beds.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

I've had luck at AoA.
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
dansamy
DIS Veteran

I happen to LOVE *my* bed at AKL!
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at AKL, CR, OKW, ASSp, Pop, YC, and POFQ.

I would rank them on a scale of 1 -10 (1 is can't hardly sleep on them, 10 is can't hardly leave them):

AKL: 8
CR: 25 (I wanted to bring that bed home with me. THAT bed.)
OKW: 5
ASSp: 2
Pop: 1 (it felt like that hard, hard bed bowed in the middle towards the ceiling!)
POFQ: 7
YC: 8
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I am pretty sure POR still uses comforters. CSR has duvets I believe, but its possible they have switched to triple sheeting. Can't speak for other resorts, but I am with you on that! It's unfortunate that I think most of the resorts still use the comforters...
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
The quietest resort for sleeping would probably be the WL villas. It's like a library in there! Even their quiet pool is quiet.
That's true unless you have a room overlooking the walkway between the main resort and Villas. It was clack clack bang of luggage and housekeeping carts over the boards at all times of the day and night!

To the OP's question .. I suggest OKW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: