|11-03-2013, 08:48 AM||#121|
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...
Join Date: May 2000
Location: no longer tagless on Long Island
we haven't stayed at the values, so:
(VGF will likely get this spot after we stay there)
GF/YC (a tie)
POLY/AKV/AKL (3-way tie)
|11-03-2013, 09:15 AM||#122|
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl
Join Date: Apr 2001
1 - Boardwalk Inn
2 - Beach Club
3 - Coronado Springs
4 - Port Orleans French Quarter
5 - Port Orleans Riverside
6 - Caribbean Beach Resort
7 - Pop Century
This is how I would rank the resorts where I have stayed. I have stayed at some of these resorts many times.
|11-08-2013, 09:31 AM||#123|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Jan 2008
I'll update the list this weekend to see if things have changed.
|11-08-2013, 10:26 AM||#124|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Aug 2013
1 BLT - I can't really explain why I like it the most
2 BCV - It's not a Pool, It's WDW's third water park
3 GF - It's been a long time since We stayed there though
Our next trip is at BCV. But, the trip after that, we are going to try VWL. I wish the Boardwalk Inn had a different abbreviation. Every time someone ranks BWI highly, I get confused and want to post how much I like flying out of IAD better.
|11-08-2013, 11:12 AM||#125|
Duffy's #1 Fan
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toms River, New Jersey
Of the ones I've stayed at:
1. WL: Great location, LOVE Artists Point, love the theme.
2. POR: Boat to Downtown Disney, quiet, has that 'home' feeling
3. Poly: Great family memories, Kona, fireworks on the beach. We've been priced out of staying there though
4. POFQ: Same as POR, without the 'home' feeling. I know its kinda one big resort, but I just don't get the same feeling there
5. CBR: Like the quiet pool in every 'island'. I'm a little biased, though. After working at CBR for half a year, I think I've had my fill
6. POP: My fave value, love the bowling pin pool, for those go,go,go vacations.
7. CS: Nice rooms (like the door separating the bathroom), don't care for Pepper Market, don't get the Disney feel
8-10. All-Stars: I've stayed at all 3 and to me they might as well be the same. If I had a choice I would pick Music (nostalgic reasons). Still rather be there than home though!
WDW Family Trips: Too many to count!
DCP Spring Adv. 2012 QSFB Old Port Royale CBR
POP Jan 2013, ASMu May 2013, WL Aug 2013
|11-08-2013, 11:55 AM||#126|
Join Date: Feb 2005
I've stayed at:
Pop Century, OKW, BWV, SSR, POR, POFQ, AKKV, and CBR.
I've loved every trip at all of these resorts. Some of the I didn't enjoy because of noise, some because of poor mousekeeping.
I would rank my stays in this order:
AKKV- This resort was gorgeous and clean. We never heard a peep from our neighbors. Even though we didn't have a savanna view, we could still the warthog enclosure from our room. The pool was great! It did seem far from "the magic", but we loved our stay here.
SSR- We loved the room here. We got to stay in a 1-br and it was lovely. We didn't really explore the resort, but had a wonderful stay.
OKW- I love the feel of this resort. It's very laid back and all the CM's are nice. It seemed like we in Key West. It is a large resort. Our first stay here, we we're put in a room close to a bus stop, and it seems that's all we ever heard. Very loud and annoying. The next stay we made sure to request close to the main building and away from the bus stop, and we had a wonderful second stay.
BWV- The decor is lacking in the rooms, but it's been 6 or 7 years since we stayed here. The convenience of walking to Epcot was great!
POFQ- I got to stay here one night, and I loved it. The grounds we're gorgeous! To me, I thought I was in New Orleans. I never heard our neighbors, which was great!
POR- The resort is gorgeous! But here is where we had the bad mousekeeper.
Pop- I would love this resort if I didn't have to hear my neighbors conversations. I could even hear him coughing. People opening closing doors, toilets flushing, and kids running down the hallway. It's a fun resort in its defense.
CBR- we didn't have a bad stay here, it was just too large here. And the food court, to me, was really small for such a large resort. And the check in was weird. I didn't feel like I was in the Caribbean, besides the music. The pool was great!
|11-16-2013, 01:23 PM||#128|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Nov 2013
1. Saratoga Springs- This is where we stay the most because it's where we have the DVC and I love the atmosphere of it. It's so pretty and I like that it's fairly quiet.
2. Beach Club- LOVE the location, decor, and pool
3. Yacht club- LOVE location and pool, and decor is nice but I like the beach club a little better
4. Wilderness Lodge Villas- I love the rustic feel, and I remember all the cast members being really nice
5. Wilderness lodge- Same environment as villas, but I liked the villas better
6. Fort Wilderness Cabins- I haven't stayed there in a while as we've kind of outgrown it, but I remember having so much fun there. I loved the little lake where they had a light show, not sure the name of that though. And we always had a little golf cart to drive around. It was so much fun!
7. Animal Kingdom Villas- stayed in these when they were really new. I loved the villas and the rustic feel and it was awesome to see the animals from outside the balcony. The only reason I like it less than Wilderness Lodge is location, as it is a little far from everything except AK but that's not really a big deal.
8. Animal Kingdom Lodge- same as AK villas, except I liked the villa better.
9. Grand Floridian- I really liked the style of this and taking the monorail, it was a long time ago though so I don't remember much else
10. Contemporary- liked the monorail and being right near Chef Mickey's but other than that the decor isn't really my thing
11 and 12. Port Orleans Riverside and All Star Sports- POR was the first resort I stayed in and I remember it being really nice but I liked the themes of the other ones better and I don't remember all that much, I think I was just so mesmerized with the parks and didn't pay much attention to the resort. All Star Sports was nice but small and too crowded. We actually weren't planning to stay there- we took a 10 day trip and the first 5 days were at Wilderness lodge, and the last 5 were at some off property hotel that we had gotten a REALLY great deal to stay at. Well this hotel was horrible and within 15 minutes of checking in we called Disney begging them for a room. It was Easter week and all other hotels were full and we got adjoining rooms in All Star Sports. It was nice, much nicer than the off property hotel we were supposed to stay at, but just was a little more crowded and smaller than we were used to.
|11-16-2013, 09:33 PM||#130|
Join Date: May 2012
These are the ones I've stayed at
1. Boardwalk inn and villas
2. Grand Floridian
3. Yacht club
4. Wilderness lodge
Then all the way down here.......
7. Beach club
I'd love to stay at the AKL. I'm sure it would rank higher than poly and beach.
|11-17-2013, 05:51 AM||#131|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Our list...adding AKL and Poly to it for the next trip, so I imagine it will change.
Since some of these are DVC properties, my favorite properties when we don't go with my in-laws...
(47) (44) (15) (13)
11/03 - AllStar Movies ~ 12/05 - Saratoga Springs ~ 12/06 - Old Key West ~ 12/08 - Saratoga Springs
09/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 08/10 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 11/11 - Old Key West ~ 08/12 - Coronado Springs ~ 08/13 - Yacht Club ~ 8/14 - Animal Kingdom Villas, 3 day cruise on the Disney Dream, Polynesian
|11-17-2013, 06:22 AM||#132|
Join Date: Aug 2013
Love animal kingdom lodge the most having always travelled as a couple. Now we have a young child location is too important to stay there
|11-17-2013, 08:25 AM||#133|
Join Date: Jul 2005
1. Animal Kingdom Lodge
2. Wilderness Lodge
4. Coronado Springs
5. Port Orleans Riverside
6. Beach Club
7. Boardwalk Inn
8. All Star Sports
9. All Star Music
10. All Star Movies
11. French Quarter
Haven't stayed in the rest yet!
|11-17-2013, 10:26 AM||#134|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brazil, Indiana
1. AKV Kidani
2. Beach Club Villas
3. AKV Jambo
4. Caribbean Beach
5. Port Orleans FQ
6. Port Orleans RS
7. All Star Music
|11-17-2013, 12:01 PM||#135|
Join Date: Sep 2006
From the resorts we've stayed at...........
1. Wilderness Lodge -
2. Villas At The Wilderness Lodge -
3. Grand Floridian -
4. Animal Kingdom Lodge -
5. Saratoga Springs -
6. All Star Sports -
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|