Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
wdwgoofydaddy
Mouseketeer

Disney's All Star Sports Resort - Review

Hello all,

Wanted to share with you our impressions and thoughts about Disney's All Star Sports Resort.

We stayed there recently and wanted to share.

Has your experience been similar?

http://memoriesofdisney.com/post/201...-resort-review
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Memor...46591875460145
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/memoriesodisney/

April 2005 - WDW / June 2007- WDW / January 2008 - Cruise (Magic) / December 2009 - WDW / March 2010 - WDW / August 2010 - WDW / February 2011 - WDW & Cruise (Dream) / April 2011 - WDW / August 2011 - WDW / February 2012 - WDW & Cruise (Dream) / August 2012 - WDW / December 2012 - WDW & Cruise (Dream) / July 2013 - WDW / January 2014 - WDW & Cruise (Dream) / March 2014 - WDW & Cruise (Magic) / May 2014 - WDW 24hr Event / Aug 2014 x2 - WDW/ Dec 2014 - WDW / Mar 2015 - WDW / May 2015 - DLR

wdwgoofydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Nice review.

I was just there in March and while I think I prefer Music I would not hesitate to stay here again if that was what was available.

Most people request Touchdown as it is super close but not the 'preferred' category.

I also found the new food court to fit my needs without any problems (allergies) and the staff was very helpful.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US (in planning)

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #3
lizard1
DIS Veteran

I was there in July. I was disappointed in the housekeeping. We were there for 6 nights. One night they made up the room but never brought any towels- this caused an issue when we returned to our room at 8p.m. DRENCHED and wanted to take showers. Another night they didn't make up our room at all, which I found strange because they made up our connecting room (door was left open between them too). Another day they messed with stuff that I had sitting out on the table. Granted, it wasn't anything of value/importance, but if I leave something sitting out I don't expect it to be touched unless it is interfering with their job (like kids loves in the beds preventing them from making the bed properly).

Not planning to return there.
lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
Mommynurseof2
Earning My Ears

Great review!

Thanks for the review wdwgoofydaddy! My sister and I will be staying there in 2 weeks for the Tower of Terror 10 miler. This will be the first Time staying at a value resort and I've been nervous. This will be a quick 3day stay which I'm feeling better about now. There are so many reviews out there about bugs, mildew, and foul odors. I'm glad to finally see a positive review!

Disney Fantasy 2013 and 2014
WDW-multiple times per year- too many times to count!!!

Mommynurseof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
ssmurphy28
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard1 View Post
I was there in July. I was disappointed in the housekeeping. We were there for 6 nights. One night they made up the room but never brought any towels- this caused an issue when we returned to our room at 8p.m. DRENCHED and wanted to take showers. Another night they didn't make up our room at all, which I found strange because they made up our connecting room (door was left open between them too). Another day they messed with stuff that I had sitting out on the table. Granted, it wasn't anything of value/importance, but if I leave something sitting out I don't expect it to be touched unless it is interfering with their job (like kids loves in the beds preventing them from making the bed properly).

Not planning to return there.
We loved our stay at AS Sports in May 2013, but housekeeping was the one downside. Having a 1yo, we would return for naps around lunch time everyday that we were there. We requested that our room be cleaned between 8-12 or after 3. After a couple of days of stinky diapers piling up, and numerous calls to housekeeping, I did speak to a manager about the issue. I informed him about the numerous requests that I had made with the housekeeping, and the continual poor service. He refunded us one night due to the issues that we had. I know our request was kind of strange, but we figured that four hours in the morning was a large window of time to have our room tidied up.

Everything else about the resort was great though!
ssmurphy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmurphy28 View Post
We loved our stay at AS Sports in May 2013, but housekeeping was the one downside. Having a 1yo, we would return for naps around lunch time everyday that we were there. We requested that our room be cleaned between 8-12 or after 3. After a couple of days of stinky diapers piling up, and numerous calls to housekeeping, I did speak to a manager about the issue. I informed him about the numerous requests that I had made with the housekeeping, and the continual poor service. He refunded us one night due to the issues that we had. I know our request was kind of strange, but we figured that four hours in the morning was a large window of time to have our room tidied up.

Everything else about the resort was great though!
Never heard of anyone making a request for Mousekeeping and what time they are to clean someone's room. Me personally if the smelly diapers were an issue I would of taken care of it myself by finding a proper garbage to put them in.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
HungryDad
Earning My Ears

Stayed in September 2014. We were happy enough with or rooms and housekeeping was fine. Our complaint is with the food court. The lines were excessive at every hour of the day. We eventually gave up on trying to eat breakfast there on the second day of our weeklong stay. The lines were into the lobby area most nights at dinner time.

Turns out the food court at one of the other budget resorts is being remodeled and the entire population of that resort was being sent to the sports resort.
HungryDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: