Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
Acedink
Mouseketeer

Need help choosing where to stay next year

Two years ago we stayed at AKL in the club level. We loved it. I don't know if it was because it was club level, but we got a full line of toiletries (my DW liked that). It was very plush.

Last year we stayed at All Star Movies. It was quite different, of course. The toiletry offering was minimal, and the amenities weren't quite the same.

Next year we are trying to decide where to go. A few questions.

We have a 6 year old daughter. How different is Art of Animation or Pop Century from AS Movies? I noticed they are a bit more expensive than Movies.

What about the moderate resorts? Which would you recommend? Are any of those resorts (AoA, Pop, moderates) really good for younger children? We don't spend much time at the resorts, but still it was nice to return to AKL each night.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Aside from theming, AoA is no different than Pop or ASMo, or ASMu if going the route of a family suite. Rooms size and toiletry offerings are the same.

The mods aren't themed nearly as much as the values nor as plush as the deluxes. Our favorite mod is CSR because it feels deluxe but at a moderate price, so that may be one to consider. They also offer a business class that gives access to a small lounge with drinks and snacks. The offerings are nowhere near what you'd find at CL but it's still something. The pool is pretty fantastic, there are beaches surrounding the lake, the southwest landscaping is spot on.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: