Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #1
yvemcb
Earning My Ears

Best way to contact your hotel direct?

Is it best to email or call your hotel to register requests (e.g balcony if possible etc)? We're staying at the Beach Club in July and would like to contact them, ideally email as calling from the UK is expensive and there is the time difference! How would I find the best email address to use?

Many thanks
Yvonne
yvemcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

There is no way to contact the resort directly, neither by phone or email. But the best way to add any room requests is to call the main reservations line, give the CM your reservation number and ask them to add your requests to your reservation.

If you really don't want to call, there is a section to make room requests during the online check in process. However, the options are predetermined and somewhat limited. I don't know if full balcony is one of the options.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2014, 07:10 AM   #3
Adam H
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
There is no way to contact the resort directly, neither by phone or email. But the best way to add any room requests is to call the main reservations line, give the CM your reservation number and ask them to add your requests to your reservation. If you really don't want to call, there is a section to make room requests during the online check in process. However, the options are predetermined and somewhat limited. I don't know if full balcony is one of the options.
I've seen many people say that here, but if you google the specific resort, their direct dial number comes up. I've done this with the Poly and they answer "Aloha" and say I've called the Poly and I can hear the waterfall. They told me it was the front desk...are they lying?
Adam H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam H View Post
I've seen many people say that here, but if you google the specific resort, their direct dial number comes up. I've done this with the Poly and they answer "Aloha" and say I've called the Poly and I can hear the waterfall. They told me it was the front desk...are they lying?
+1. I called akl the other day to find out some Easter backer info. She said she would go over and check in the store for me and call me back. I asked if she could just connect me to the store and they did. Spoke with someone in the store there too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 04-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is no way to contact the resort directly, neither by phone or email. But the best way to add any room requests is to call the main reservations line, give the CM your reservation number and ask them to add your requests to your reservation. If you really don't want to call, there is a section to make room requests during the online check in process. However, the options are predetermined and somewhat limited. I don't know if full balcony is one of the options.
People always say this and it's just not true. I have personal emails from various managers from resorts and restaurants alike if I need something. I have spoken with the front desk at akl and other resorts from home before and with diff shops and restaurants also.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 04-15-2014, 07:42 AM   #6
CinderElsa
Mouseketeer

You can also fax requests: 407-934-3850 (no +1 required if you use a US-based fax service)

Just type out your request(s), save as a text document, and fax it using an online faxing site like FaxZero. It should be free for you even if you're in the UK. Just don't send the fax more than a few days before you check in.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #7
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam H

Yes they are. The resort numbers that come up via Google all route to a call center not even on site. My niece is currently working at one. When you call the number for Poly her screen shows you are coming in on the Poly number and she'll answer "Aloha". If you come in on the GF line she'll answer "Thank you for calling the Grand Floridian".
Old 04-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #8
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderElsa View Post
You can also fax requests: 407-934-3850 (no +1 required if you use a US-based fax service)

Just type out your request(s), save as a text document, and fax it using an online faxing site like FaxZero. It should be free for you even if you're in the UK. Just don't send the fax more than a few days before you check in.
Unfortunately, with the exception of POR and POFQ, the resorts no longer review requests made by fax.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #9
mb187143
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes they are. The resort numbers that come up via Google all route to a call center not even on site. My niece is currently working at one. When you call the number for Poly her screen shows you are coming in on the Poly number and she'll answer "Aloha". If you come in on the GF line she'll answer "Thank you for calling the Grand Floridian".

This is true of the initial call you make to the number for the resort, however it is absolutely possible to be transferred to someone at the actual resort if needed. Before our wedding, I called the contemporary to alert them of packages I was shipping to the business center. The initial person answered the phone as if he was there, and I asked to be transferred to someone at the resort. He transferred me to the hotel manger, who then transferred my call to the business center, we had a conversation, and that was that.

When we arrived the next week at the contemporary, I went to the business center to retrieve my boxes, and when I spoke to the girl in the office (who's name matched the name of the person I had talked to the week prior), she remembered our conversation from the previous week and retrieved my boxes quickly.

So... You can absolutely talk to someone at the actual resort- just not via that initial phone number usually.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
CinderElsa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Unfortunately, with the exception of POR and POFQ, the resorts no longer review requests made by fax.
You're kidding! This is good to know because I've always made requests this way, and would have again. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
Adam H
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I know that I ended up speaking with a guest services mgr at the Poly, but interesting how the call starts out.
Adam H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

It IS possible to get to the resort, but as soon as you start talking to them about reservation requests etc they will transfer you out to the main line. I always giggle when someone tells me 'I called the resort and before I even got my question out they transferred me.'

The FD is there to help the physical guests and won't take those calls.

Don't waste the time and call the main booking line. As far as faxes, I believe POR/POFQ is the only resort that still honors faxed in requests.

Obviously managers and specific people who deal with things have specific numbers/emails but those are the exceptions, not the rule.

aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #13
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

About the phone numbers, unless you know one of the unpublished numbers any public number is routed to the central number. They will answer like they are direct but they are not.

Can central get you to the hotel, yes but they will do it only under very special circumstances which rarely happen. So, basically it always central never direct.

Calling central reservations and getting your request added to your reservation is the best way. The room assigners use your reservation to do the assigning and much of the room assignment is now done by computer. So, make sure it's on your reservation.

Faxes have basically disappeared with the computerized room assignment system except for POR.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #14
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Isn't there a UK number you can call for UK reservations? Or do you have a travel agent? They can take care of room requests for you.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: